Thread: Gym Discussion/Speculation

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Default Re: Gym Discussion/Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by Akira Bond View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum Achromatic View Post
    Dark type gym 100% confirm
    When was this confirmed??
    It wasn't confirmed XDD But if they didn't make a Dark-type gym by now...

Blog Entries

A Dark-type Gym Leader is my biggest desire.

I would like the 8th Gym Leader to be a girl. We always face a guy last, so why not a girl? Pokemon White was the only game that the absolute last Gym Leader was female.
    Rhonda: Okay, Curly, I admit it. I'm your secret admirer. And the truth is, no matter how hard I try and fight it, [reading off her hand] I'm really, really wild about you. In fact, I've fallen crazy in love. So what do you say? How does that make you feel?
    Curly: Give Daddy some sugar. (kiss)

The Deceiver Pokemon Team Gaara's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zakisrage View Post
    A Dark-type Gym Leader is my biggest desire.

I would like the 8th Gym Leader to be a girl. We always face a guy last, so why not a girl? Pokemon White was the only game that the absolute last Gym Leader was female.
    Don't forget Clair. (Unless, I'm assuming, you're counting Kanto, too?)

Registered User Neptune's Disciple's Avatar

Types aside, I would really love for the gym leaders to have a bit more interaction in the story. Sure, this happened a bit in BW/B2W2, but I'd like to see some more. I'd also love it if some of the gym leaders were part of the evil team, or at least that they aren't all so goody two-shoes. Lets have a gym where the leader is more than a little crazy and goes all out to win. I'd also like a little more back story behind the leaders, such as where they come from, and how they got to where they are. Someone else had the idea (can't remember if it was this thread or somewhere else) that the gyms should be organised according to the type of animal/pokemon used, instead of elemental typing, such as using all canines or all cats. You get the idea. I believe this would lead to a lot more diversity in the gyms, and make it more of a challenge. Lets be honest, gyms haven't been much of a challenge to most adult players of pokemon for a long time. I know that the games are typically designed for children, but I don't think gaming companies should underestimate a child's mind when it comes to understanding more complex issues.

NO dark-type gym! I've always loved the fact that the Dark type is too sophisticated for mere Gym Leaders to handle. Needs an Elite touch.
    "I'm going to become a top-level Trainer who can't be outclassed with my beautiful and tough Bug Pokemon!"

I agree. Dark type should stay away from gyms. I like it to have a separated role.

Scandal In The Firenation Akira Bond's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Akira Bond on Tumblr

I believe the Dark Type should be featured in Gyms. It shouldn't be separated, nor considered more 'elite' than any other type. I would enjoy seeing a Dark Type Gym.

Stars, Rainbows and Stars Chronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If any type would be considered too "elite" for gym leaders to handle, I would think it'd be Dragon-types. There is no excuse for Dark-type not having a gym yet. Get on it, GF.

Anyways, I just hope that:

1) Rock isn't the first gym again
    2) There is no Water-type gym
    3) Dark-type gym

It'd be nice to see types that haven't been used in a while, like Psychic. Even though we've just had a Poison gym, I wouldn't mind another because there are still only two Poison gyms.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronos View Post
    If any type would be considered too "elite" for gym leaders to handle, I would think it'd be Dragon-types. There is no excuse for Dark-type not having a gym yet. Get on it, GF.

Anyways, I just hope that:

1) Rock isn't the first gym again
    2) There is no Water-type gym
    3) Dark-type gym

It'd be nice to see types that haven't been used in a while, like Psychic. Even though we've just had a Poison gym, I wouldn't mind another because there are still only two Poison gyms.
    This screenshot from the trailer is most likely a gym, and judging from the room, it looks like a Psychic gym. =]
    Chronos likes this.
    Pearl FC: 0689 8559 2961
    Platinum FC: 3868 1384 3198
    SoulSilver FC: 2021 2908 5745
    Black 2 FC: 4170 2700 6717

My shop!

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think the main reason they've been reluctant to feature a Dark type gym is because of the cultural implications in Japan, seeing as how Dark type is known as the Evil type there. That does not excuse them for not trying to figure out ways to include it, however. For instance, they could do a Giovanni type situation where the Dark type gym is run by or supports the evil team.

Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I think the main reason they've been reluctant to feature a Dark type gym is because of the cultural implications in Japan, seeing as how Dark type is known as the Evil type there.
    You might have to explain that further, because if there is such a stigma, that doesn't explain why relatively good people in the E4 use them (as none of them were thugs or criminals, or even hinted to be anything but good people). Ghosts aren't far off from being "evil" in Japanese lore, and we have two Leaders and three E4 who use those. Said GL who would use Dark types would not have to be evil or mean to pull off their ownership.

Ultimately it would have to do with appropriate placement and character design/background. Not saying they can't have a Dark gym (I'd welcome it), but setting it in the right environment isn't easy, so that's likely why there hasn't been one up to now.
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.

I think the main reason they've been reluctant to feature a Dark type gym is because of the cultural implications in Japan, seeing as how Dark type is known as the Evil type there. That does not excuse them for not trying to figure out ways to include it, however. For instance, they could do a Giovanni type situation where the Dark type gym is run by or supports the evil team.
    wow you're here too?
    that is something to think about and is relevant
    it is odd as dark is the only type that hasn't been given a gym
    and it would make sense and the reason i do not think giovanni's gym was dark is well there was no dark types in first gen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    wow you're here too?
    It's not uncommon to see Serebii members on other forums. Hell, Serebii himself is even a member here.

and it would make sense and the reason i do not think giovanni's gym was dark is well there was no dark types in first gen
    Giovanni's gym wasn't Dark, it was Ground. And I was just using him as an example of how a Dark gym could be implemented, it could be run by the evil team or affiliated with them in some way.

wow you're here too?
    It's not uncommon to see Serebii members on other forums. Hell, Serebii himself is even a member here.

Giovanni's gym wasn't Dark, it was Ground. And I was just using him as an example of how a Dark gym could be implemented, it could be run by the evil team or affiliated with them in some way.
    i know that it was ground i meant wasn't dark lol my bad

Blog Entries

i know that it was ground i meant wasn't dark lol my bad
    Oh, so what you mean to say is that had Giovanni been a gym leader in a future generation, they'd have made him Dark, not Ground? I'm not sure I buy that argument, I think he would've been a little more well rounded in future games, with a mix of Dark, Poison, and some of the Ground types he already has.

Page 14 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast