GTS users, I'm talking to you.

Thread: GTS users, I'm talking to you.

#winning Politoed666's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Default GTS users, I'm talking to you.

Hello all. There have been a number of asshole-ish things people tend to do on the GTS (Global Trade Station), and I'd like to make anyone who does them aware of just how asshole-ish they are. If you don't know what the GTS is, stop reading now because this thread is going to be meaningless to you.

So, I'm on the GTS at my local library looking for some Pokes. Initially, it doesn't bother me when someone requests a ridiculous deal, but eventually it really gets to me, at which point I post this thread. Here are the people I would currently like to beat with a baseball bat:

-People who make just plain ridiculous offers, i.e. "Oh yes, I am going to waste my own time and, more importantly, everyone else's by offering my Lv.30 Salamence for your Lv.100 Dialga." I mean, STFU. No one's going to take your offer and if you're not going to be serious, feel free to contact me in person so I can beat you up.

-People who post clearly hacked Pokes on there, i.e. "My Shiny Lv.100 Deoxys for your Lv.100 Entei." No one wants your vile, cheating ridiculousness on the GTS. Go away.

-People who fuck with the nicknames or whatever so when you search for "Palkia," a bunch of other crappy Pokes come up with the nickname "Palkia." I dunno if it actually is the nickname or something else, but whatever it is, don't do it. It pisses me off.

-People who offer one Poke for the same Poke at a much higher level, i.e. "My Lv.70 Palkia for your Lv.100 Palkia." Know what? I'm not interested. No one else is either. Stop being an ass and leave.

-People who ask for neigh-impossible Pokes, i.e. "My Lv.20 Barboach for your Lv.9 and under Mothim." WHY THE HELL ARE YOU WASTING MY TIME? I mean, if these people think it's funny, they're grossly mistaken.

Here are some epic bullshit offers that might get your blood boiling too:

-"My Lv.17 Sandshrew for your Darkrai."

-"My Lv.16 Sandshrew for your Mewtwo."

-"My Lv.4 Bidoof for your Lv.100 Bidoof."

-"My Lv.2 Pidgey for your Lv.100 Dialga."

WTF people. Just don't do it. Your thoughts?

Blog Entries
    Follow AiedailEclipsed On Twitter Add AiedailEclipsed on Facebook

Default Re: GTS users, I'm talking to you.

I can hear the angel choruses singing praises in your name! You'd figure there were some sort of filter or something for that kind of thing...
    "Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it."
    -- Narrator, Pokemon: Jirachi Wish Maker
    "You can't change the world without getting your hands dirty."
    -- Lelouch Lamperouge, Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
    "Do I have a stamp on my forehead that says, 'The National Spokesperson for the Plight of Black People'? How the hell should I know the black perspective on The Color Purple? That's it, if I don't change classes, I'm gonna hurt this fool. Teachers treat me like I'm some kind of Rosetta stone for African-Americans. What? Black people learn how to read, and we all miraculously come to the same conclusion?"
    -- Victoria, Freedom Writers
    "N's heart is pure and innocent. But there is nothing more beautiful and terrifying than innocence."
    -- Concordia, Pokémon Black/White 2

Blog Entries

I completely agree, the ridiculous trades infuriate me to no end. The worst thing is when there are only 3 or less trainers and they all have unfair offers.

They kinda remind me of foreign people ringing on the phone, asking if I'm over 18 and then trying to tell me about double glazing windows, though on the GTS you can't yell at them.

I'm also surprsied that you didn't mention having to have seen the pokemon in question to trade for it but I guess I'm probably the only one who hasn't come to terms with that.

#winning Politoed666's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iteru View Post
    I completely agree, the ridiculous trades infuriate me to no end. The worst thing is when there are only 3 or less trainers and they all have unfair offers.

They kinda remind me of foreign people ringing on the phone, asking if I'm over 18 and then trying to tell me about double glazing windows, though on the GTS you can't yell at them.

I'm also surprsied that you didn't mention having to have seen the pokemon in question to trade for it but I guess I'm probably the only one who hasn't come to terms with that.
    You mean like people offering their Lv.100 Dialga for your Lv.100 Dialga? Pointless trades? Yeah, I hate that too.

Where are the Shinies? ShinyHunter's Avatar

I know, its very annoying, they trick you =[ I wish that the gts would make it so that you could only ask for pokemon that are able to get

Blog Entries
    Add *Leeney* on Facebook

I don't use GTS but I can understand how much this gets on people's nerves. With all the stupidity in the trades, who wouldn't be annoyed

~Dressed for success

GTS is pointless anyway. Who's bright idea was it to make it so you could only search for pokemon you've seen?

Fire Ferrets Forever Mako's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scizored View Post
    GTS is pointless anyway. Who's bright idea was it to make it so you could only search for pokemon you've seen?
    I guess it was so you couldn't try and get legendaries you hadn't seen yet in game play. So you couldn't have Dialga / Palkia before you fought them in Diamond / Pearl for example.

But it still is dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariel
    Everyone has had a crush on Hips. :B

Blog Entries

Has the situation actually gotten much worse now? My wif usb connector won't work anymore because its being interfered by my wireless router for my laptop(hence why I will wait for DSi).

I remember getting some pretty fair trades when I first got Pearl, but last I checked a few months ago, it was just annoying. I mean, I just like trading just for the sake of trading.

Blog Entries

I agree with a lot of this stuff, especially the pointless trades (like lv 100 Dialga for lv 100 Dialga), the ridiculous amounts of Pokemon that are the wrong Pokemon but nicknamed after the one you're looking for, the impossible trades, and the rip-off trades (I see a lot of people asking for event legendaries for starters). There's some stuff I disagree on though:

Quote Originally Posted by Politoed666 View Post
    -People who post clearly hacked Pokes on there, i.e. "My Shiny Lv.100 Deoxys for your Lv.100 Entei." No one wants your vile, cheating ridiculousness on the GTS. Go away.
    These are not always clearly hacked. Remember, it is very easy for people to clone event Pokemon from Emerald, like Deoxys, so some people may not mind cloning a bunch of legitimately caught shiny Deoxys and trading them away on the GTS for stuff they need. Also keep in mind that because events were given out for the item to reach the Pokemon, that they can be SRed for shininess (as opposed to gift Pokemon in cherish balls). Also, with the widespread knowledge of being able to manipulate the RNG in Emerald, many people are easily able to legitimately catch shiny legendaries in a fraction of the time that it would normally take to SR.

Of course, some people still frown upon cloning, but I mean, do you really expect to get someone's shiny legendary otherwise? As long as it's not hacked, shiny clones are fine with me. It really only bothers me when I put up a fair trade, and then receive something that's obviously hacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Politoed666 View Post
    -People who offer one Poke for the same Poke at a much higher level, i.e. "My Lv.70 Palkia for your Lv.100 Palkia." Know what? I'm not interested. No one else is either. Stop being an ass and leave.
    At a glance, this does look stupid. Well, the person making the offer is usually the stupid one. But saying that no one else is interested is an overstatement. Say I want any Palkia, so I put up a legendary of equal worth... however, the Palkia I receive is lv 100 and therefore can't be EV trained. Would I rather trade that lv 100 Palkia to the fool who will give me one that's actually trainable? You bet.

Anyway, the main thing to keep in mind is it's always better to just put up what you think is a fair trade and wait. As long as it's fair, you should have no problem and won't have to wait long to receive the Pokemon that you want.
    Diamond: Pogo, 0344-6412-9174
    Platinum: Pogo, 0989-7773-1927

THE CULT OF PERSONALITY System Error's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Devil's Advocate? Maybe.

You need to relax. :P Okay, sure. These trades are annoying as hell, I'll admit. But you're simply being trolled. Not much you can do about that. And nothing short of a riot or a holocaust it is going to change anything. It's not like you actually get anything useful competitively on there (and if you do, you lucked out), and anything else can be gotten through other means.

Besides, there are sensible people on the GTS, and it's simple and effective to just to make the offers yourself. Usually, counterpart for counterpart works; but a female Combee or any Feebas will go for just about anything. Being a sensible businessman is one of the more useful traits you can have while on the GTS. Don't bother with searching - just make offers. That's what I usually do. You can even be slightly less than absurd at times; a trade may still happen on the grounds that it at least has some sense to it. Do that, and you'll be rolling in Pokemon before you know it once someone sees you as a shining beacon of hope in a sea of shit. Seeing as how you can't fix the situation, I just work with it. And believe me when I say it works well.

Am I playing Devil's Advocate here? Maybe. Maybe not. But I'll take a look at every point you made.

- People who make just plain ridiculous offers, i.e. "Oh yes, I am going to waste my own time and, more importantly, everyone else's by offering my Lv.30 Salamence for your Lv.100 Dialga." I mean, STFU. No one's going to take your offer and if you're not going to be serious, feel free to contact me in person so I can beat you up.
    So what makes you think they're going to take you up on your offer? >:D And anyone who does will probably either kick your ass or accept only to charge you with assault later. <_< No, really, I hate to be that way, but internet tough guys usually aren't all that tough in real life, and threatening people with physical violence over it makes you look like a jackass. :P So just relax - I'm pretty sure anyone who is one of the people you described is laughing their ass off now. Do you really want that? >_>

- People who post clearly hacked Pokes on there, i.e. "My Shiny Lv.100 Deoxys for your Lv.100 Entei." No one wants your vile, cheating ridiculousness on the GTS. Go away.
    Hacks aren't too bad. People aren't as smart as you might like to think. Nor do they...well...for lack of a better term...have their head so high in the clouds to completely flip over anyone who does "vile, cheating ridiculousness". No offense. <_< If I get a hacked shiny in a trade, for example, I just "pass the blunt", so to speak. There are people who will jump at it, either because they don't know or don't care. Sometimes, I can get someone to actually give me something decent. Make an offer they'll jump at, and you're in the money!

Hackers also counterbalance out the formermost and lattermost points you made by giving them what they want, so they'll not all that bad. Not every hacker is a dick - a lot of them are neutral from what I've seen. Sure, you get a lot of douches, but calling them all bad is...well, bad. You'll rarely run into hacks, and when you do, they can be easily ignored. Unless, of course, you completely flip and call it "vile, cheating ridiculousness". I mean, really, I believe that if you're going to hack, you should at least try to cover your tracks, but there's no reason to turn into the Incredible Hulk over it. Either way, if it wasn't for them, your first and last points would completely and forever flood the list. The hacks that supposedly flood the list aren't all that common.

- People who fuck with the nicknames or whatever so when you search for "Palkia," a bunch of other crappy Pokes come up with the nickname "Palkia." I dunno if it actually is the nickname or something else, but whatever it is, don't do it. It pisses me off.
    That's a bug. Out of curiosity, I tried to trade for a Scyther that looked like and was named a Mew (for a simple Ditto!), but was told the trade was no longer available. It still popped up.

- People who offer one Poke for the same Poke at a much higher level, i.e. "My Lv.70 Palkia for your Lv.100 Palkia." Know what? I'm not interested. No one else is either. Stop being an ass and leave.
    What about competitive battlers who fucked up their first Palkia? I heard Lv.100 Palkias go pretty well on the GTS. You can even get a Lv.70 one for another shot, maybe!

But yeah, besides that, it's kind of silly (unless you're trolling, which a lot of these people are).

- People who ask for neigh-impossible Pokes, i.e. "My Lv.20 Barboach for your Lv.9 and under Mothim." WHY THE HELL ARE YOU WASTING MY TIME? I mean, if these people think it's funny, they're grossly mistaken.
    Some of them are cloning. That way, they'll have more to trade in the end! No one can tell the difference. You may have a cloned Pokemon sitting in one of your boxes right now and might not realize it! No one will know - not you, not your friends, not even Nintendo. Well, no one except the cloner. Besides, is a Barboach really that big a deal? Just catch one yourself, jeez. And if you're, say, looking for a Shaymin, you'll need to have had a Shaymin to begin with. Tradeback? Well, would you trade your event Pokemon to some random person? Didn't think so. Better hope you find a cloner or someone willing to do it outside of the GTS. Almost everything in DPP is catchable on your own otherwise, so if you come across one of these ridiculous trades...just catch it yourself!

So in summary, yes, there are problems on the GTS, but there's not much you can do about it, and Nintendo isn't and won't be making any plans to fix them. You can vent, you can rage, you can threaten physical violence, but it will all amount to nothing. So think positive about it. Look the other way at the negatives. Think: "how is this a good thing?" and "how can I make this work for me?" like I do. Stretch a little if you need to. If you keep that in mind, the GTS becomes much more bearable. If anything, do it because being an optimist increases your lifespan. You'd like to live longer, right? :D And being a pessimist about it isn't going to do anything, so...

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Lol @ Nicknaming a BIDOOF Palkia

The sun? Thats the hottest place on earth!

Thats what I don't like, the naming of pokemon and the name of the pokemon showing it as the name, not the actual pokemon. Hoping that was fixed at somepoint.

And anytime I am looking for a pokemon, not even a legendary, something as simple as a Parasect, I see something like this:

Parasect lv30 and you need a lv50 Parasect (why don't you level it yourself or time-wasting? Maybe him/her thinks they'll get lucky)

Anyway the only time I put up a pokemon like Machoke lv50 for lv9 Darkrai or something, is when I am using the GTS glitch to evolve my pokes.

Thanks Felly for banner

^That was close to me. Interesting

Blog Entries

Thank you.
    Sometimes...people are strange.
    And a bit annoying.

Hi, I'd like to transform you into a yeti.
    Don't pay any attention to what they write about you. Just measure it in inches.