GTS Negotiation - Page 14

View Poll Results: Normal GTS or GTS Negotiations?

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • Normal GTS

    27 25.96%
  • GTS Negotiations

    26 25.00%
  • Both

    39 37.50%
  • None - I don't use the GTS

    12 11.54%
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 216
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: GTS Negotiation

  1. #196
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands (Europe)
    Posts
    44

    Unhappy Re: GTS Negotiation

    I like to breed Pokemon on my commute and then give them away on GTS or GTS Negotations.

    Recently I came across a girl from Spain. I offered starters, Zorua and many many Pokemon not obtainable in B/W, but she kept clicking the unhappy face. It didn't seem like she already had most of those, but she just wanted something very specific. Finally, I showed her an Eevee and, yes, that was she wanted. I gave it to her and then disconnected. I am sure she didn't want to come across rude, but pfff...

    On your trainer card, you can set the greeting message to something like "Do you want to trade Eevee?", but I guess she didn't know about this, or the "Unown keyboard method".

    It would really help if there were an option to just ask for a particular species (also if not yet in your Pokedex).

  2. #197
    Welcome to the New Age... yourlilemogirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    $aturn¥oshi's pants
    Posts
    5,008
    Blog Entries
    15
    Follow yourlilemogirl On Twitter
    Visit yourlilemogirl's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: GTS Negotiation

    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn101 View Post
    I like to breed Pokemon on my commute and then give them away on GTS or GTS Negotations.

    Recently I came across a girl from Spain. I offered starters, Zorua and many many Pokemon not obtainable in B/W, but she kept clicking the unhappy face. It didn't seem like she already had most of those, but she just wanted something very specific. Finally, I showed her an Eevee and, yes, that was she wanted. I gave it to her and then disconnected. I am sure she didn't want to come across rude, but pfff...

    On your trainer card, you can set the greeting message to something like "Do you want to trade Eevee?", but I guess she didn't know about this, or the "Unown keyboard method".

    It would really help if there were an option to just ask for a particular species (also if not yet in your Pokedex).
    that's what the normal GTS is for xD but it would be helpful if they took down the "you need to see it 1st hurdur" thing :|

    Click to see my Trade Want/Offering Thread(:

  3. #198
    Registered User ssmit132's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    169

    Default Re: GTS Negotiation

    Sorry about resurrecting this thread, but I wanted to share an experience I had in Negotiations and I didn't want to start a new one.

    Usually when I start offering stuff in Negotiations and the other person doesn't want it they'll just spam the sad face, which I find a bit annoying. However today, I was paired up with a Japanese trainer which was much more helpful. When I was selecting my Pokémon to offer to them, they started showing me Pokémon of their own of the same species. At first I was confused as to why they were doing this, then I realised they were letting me know which ones they already had, which meant that it was easier to find a trade that we were both happy with.

    If only more people did stuff like that. I think I may adopt this method in future, too. Of course it won't help if the other person just likes to spam the sad face, though....

  4. #199
    Avatar loading... 23% Missingno. Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Wouldn't you like to know?
    Posts
    1,395
    Blog Entries
    133

    Default Re: GTS Negotiation

    Quote Originally Posted by ssmit132 View Post
    Sorry about resurrecting this thread, but I wanted to share an experience I had in Negotiations and I didn't want to start a new one.

    Usually when I start offering stuff in Negotiations and the other person doesn't want it they'll just spam the sad face, which I find a bit annoying. However today, I was paired up with a Japanese trainer which was much more helpful. When I was selecting my Pokémon to offer to them, they started showing me Pokémon of their own of the same species. At first I was confused as to why they were doing this, then I realised they were letting me know which ones they already had, which meant that it was easier to find a trade that we were both happy with.

    If only more people did stuff like that. I think I may adopt this method in future, too. Of course it won't help if the other person just likes to spam the sad face, though....
    It actually seems to be something of a common practice in GTS negotiations, at least in my experience.

  5. #200
    Unrefistered un-user Zspara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    39

    Default Re: GTS Negotiation

    GTS Negotiations were a great feature before the english-languaged games were released for. You could get rare Pokemon without problems, and most of the only traders there show Lv. 100 shinies, spam sad faces and quit at random times for some reason.

  6. #201
    zzz YamiiDenryuu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Genderless
    Posts
    1,816
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: GTS Negotiation

    Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
    It actually seems to be something of a common practice in GTS negotiations, at least in my experience.
    I've seen people do that as well, but I actually like it better when they use the sad face (not spam it, mind, just show it once) so I don't have to wait while they search their boxes for the species in question. I always start thinking they're looking for something to offer and end up disappointed. But maybe I'm just dumb like that.

  7. #202
    Welcome to the New Age... yourlilemogirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    $aturn¥oshi's pants
    Posts
    5,008
    Blog Entries
    15
    Follow yourlilemogirl On Twitter
    Visit yourlilemogirl's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: GTS Negotiation

    it's quite the common practice, though what i don't understand are the people who offer you something, then you show them that you already have it, then they get mad at you because you won't accept the pokemon they're repeatedly offering you (they don't seem to understand that ppl generally don't care for duplicates).

    Click to see my Trade Want/Offering Thread(:

  8. #203
    The Hellish Angel Flareth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Where do you think?!
    Posts
    1,072
    Blog Entries
    32

    Default Re: GTS Negotiation

    Not sure if it's really a fair trade, but I managed to get a Cubone, Scyther, and something else (think it was a Trapinch) in exchange for my Registeel, Kugia, and Lv.70 Lucario.

    So I guess the system's worth it.

    Banner made by Blazaking EX, avatar by Thanatos. Thanks, guys.

  9. #204
    ._. Synthesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    8,123
    Blog Entries
    226

    Default Re: GTS Negotiation

    It was a great idea in theory, imo. Haven't seen it in practise since I don't play the newer games, but it seems somewhat more successful.

  10. #205
    The Hellish Angel Flareth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Where do you think?!
    Posts
    1,072
    Blog Entries
    32

    Default Re: GTS Negotiation

    Yeah, it's cool, so long as your partner isn't a whiny 4-year-old brat who constantly spams the :( button.

    Then again, have I ever actually encountered someone like that...?

    Banner made by Blazaking EX, avatar by Thanatos. Thanks, guys.

  11. #206
    ._. Synthesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    8,123
    Blog Entries
    226

    Default Re: GTS Negotiation

    Quote Originally Posted by Flareth View Post
    Yeah, it's cool, so long as your partner isn't a whiny 4-year-old brat who constantly spams the :( button.

    Then again, have I ever actually encountered someone like that...?
    Well, considering GF can't actually let you use text or speech (won't would be more accurate actually), the primitave system is kinda cool.

  12. #207
    Welcome to the New Age... yourlilemogirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    $aturn¥oshi's pants
    Posts
    5,008
    Blog Entries
    15
    Follow yourlilemogirl On Twitter
    Visit yourlilemogirl's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: GTS Negotiation

    Quote Originally Posted by Synthesis View Post
    Well, considering GF can't actually let you use text or speech (won't would be more accurate actually), the primitave system is kinda cool.
    its actually addicting...

    Click to see my Trade Want/Offering Thread(:

  13. #208
    Aura is with me kieshara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    South africa
    Posts
    387
    Blog Entries
    28

    Default Re: GTS Negotiation

    Quote Originally Posted by Flareth View Post
    Yeah, it's cool, so long as your partner isn't a whiny 4-year-old brat who constantly spams the :( button.

    Then again, have I ever actually encountered someone like that...?
    that happens to me everytime...becuase of that i acually stopped playing black/white....
    and i wish people would stop dumping their starter pokemon when i try to trade.... i have 6 of each GEN5 starter now...
    friendcodes

    pearl - 4985 8236 7132
    HG - 2537 1343 0633

  14. #209
    The Hellish Angel Flareth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Where do you think?!
    Posts
    1,072
    Blog Entries
    32

    Default Re: GTS Negotiation

    Quote Originally Posted by kieshara View Post
    that happens to me everytime...becuase of that i acually stopped playing black/white....
    Every time? I figured that the average person would meet at least one honest person over the Negotiation system.

    Banner made by Blazaking EX, avatar by Thanatos. Thanks, guys.

  15. #210
    Aura is with me kieshara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    South africa
    Posts
    387
    Blog Entries
    28

    Default Re: GTS Negotiation

    Quote Originally Posted by Flareth View Post
    Every time? I figured that the average person would meet at least one honest person over the Negotiation system.
    everytime yes.... i am tired of getting the same pokemon everytime....at that rate i never get my pokedex full :(
    friendcodes

    pearl - 4985 8236 7132
    HG - 2537 1343 0633

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •