GTS Negotiation - Page 11

View Poll Results: Normal GTS or GTS Negotiations?

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • Normal GTS

27 25.96%
  • GTS Negotiations

26 25.00%
  • Both

39 37.50%
  • None - I don't use the GTS

12 11.54%
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: GTS Negotiation

Blog Entries

Follow hurristat on Tumblr

Default Re: GTS Negotiation

I still need to get the other starter pokes so maybe I'll breed my Blaziken and get myself some Tepig and Oshawott using this method.

Welcome to the New Age... yourlilemogirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow yourlilemogirl On Twitter
    Visit yourlilemogirl's Youtube Channel

i'm still hoping to get a foreign ditto or other poke. i don't want to port over my Japanese ditto from Platinum :(

Edit: WOOOO just scored a South Korean ditto :D

Click to see my Trade Want/Offering Thread(:

Negotiations would be perfect if there was someone monitoring the trades and kicking cheaters out.

I was once trading with one oxygen waster ans he was putting his lv.100 shinies and pressing the :( button for every single one of my legit Pokemon.And then he put up a lv.1 Zekrom and I was like:So that's how you got those shinies you f*cking cheater!.So I pressed the :( button like 50 times in three seconds and disconnected so that the bastard gets the blue screen of GTS.

Blog Entries

from yesterday:

just ran into someone from japan, the 1st person in maybe 2 hours of searching, and all he had was shinnies :/ one was a shiny jolteon in a master ball. wtf ppl >:/

also it'd be nice if they allowed you to get out of a "selected" screen. i hate being locked in on my 3 when the other person changes their mind and switches up their offered mons when i'm stuck in my "selected, waiting for other person's response" thing and they're spamming the D: face.

:(

EDIT: holy crap batman, i've encountered more hackers tonight than i ever have since i started D: must be a hackers full moon tonight or something lol

----------------------------

from today:

holy cow i just saw the most brilliant thing ever xD

this guy used the scrolling boxes up top to spell out KOFFING with the pokemon in them xD i just felt bad cuz i knew what he was doing but i didn't have a koffing :(

but it was brilliant xP

Video Games Modegator GatoRage's Avatar Moderator
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Follow GatoRage on Tumblr

Kinda hard to negotiate with people who demand a Reshiram under Lv.9 in exchange for a Caterpie........

I have managed to get a some decent trades though:
    Got a Solosis for a Simipour
    Oshawott for Tepig
    and a Tepig for a Snivy
    Last edited by GatoRage; 12th May 2011 at 11:03 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GatoRage View Post
    Kinda hard to negotiate with people who demand a Reshiram under Lv.9 in exchange for a Caterpie........
    are you doing gts negotiations or normal gts? cuz in negotiations there's no live "asking" system.

Blog Entries

The only time I can remembr doing a GTS Negotiation, it was yesterday. Guy put up a Dragonite and Haxorus. They looked good, nothingmade thm seem hacked, they were in their 50's.

The problem was, for everything I put up, all I got was a sad face. Guy wouldn't even take a shiny Flareon.I mean, I know I'm only at Gym 7, but still.

And what's with the "PKMN you want" thing? Cute? Scary? WTF?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flareth View Post
    The only time I can remembr doing a GTS Negotiation, it was yesterday. Guy put up a Dragonite and Haxorus. They looked good, nothing made thm seem hacked, they were in their 50's.

The problem was, for everything I put up, all I got was a sad face. Guy wouldn't even take a shiny Flareon.I mean, I know I'm only at Gym 7, but still.

And what's with the "PKMN you want" thing? Cute? Scary? WTF?
    ya i hate ppl like that :/

its just a way to whittle down the amount of ppl the game has to search through to find a trade partner who is interested in most likely the kind of pokemon you're looking for/wanting. though imo, it takes longer to find someone than it does to just go with "Any".

This one guy I met up on there, was actually really nice! I traded him a Piplup for a Snorlax, which I don't have. And all his stuff he put up seemed legit.
    I think I will use this feature a fair bit, but not much, the old system lets you find exactly what you want and if you weed through the noobs, you can find a fair trade.

I keep encountering people who put up stuff like Patrats, Lillipups, etc etc and then spam the frown face when I offer up things like Totodile, Gible and Shellos. Wtf? You're offering LILLIPUP and get upset at me for offering something that people might actually want?

I managed to get a Porygon that was holding an Upgrade last night. THAT was awesome.

One thing I did when I was searching for past-gen starter Pokemon was use the trainer card. When I was looking for a Cyndaquil, I put "want to trade BLAZE? Here's a hint: TOTODILE". I got a Cyndaquil within a few trade partners using that method. It doesn't work as well with non-starters, though.

Spelling out stuff in the boxes above is a great idea, too XD I might have to try that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cittenscollar View Post
    I keep encountering people who put up stuff like Patrats, Lillipups, etc etc and then spam the frown face when I offer up things like Totodile, Gible and Shellos. Wtf? You're offering LILLIPUP and get upset at me for offering something that people might actually want?

I managed to get a Porygon that was holding an Upgrade last night. THAT was awesome.

One thing I did when I was searching for past-gen starter Pokemon was use the trainer card. When I was looking for a Cyndaquil, I put "want to trade BLAZE? Here's a hint: TOTODILE". I got a Cyndaquil within a few trade partners using that method. It doesn't work as well with non-starters, though.

Spelling out stuff in the boxes above is a great idea, too XD I might have to try that.
    really brilliant i know xP

i keep getting ppl offering up obvious hacks, like level 18 ho-oh in a cherish ball :/ and when EVERYTHING they offer is in a master ball, i'm going to get suspicious ppl.

God its enough to make me revert into a shiny spammer lol i enjoy trading with ppl that have only started playing, they are easier to trade with wihtout being too picky lol

Avatar loading... 23% Missingno. Master's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I got a few eggs off GTS negotiation over the last few months. No Lillipup or Patrat eggs, but I did get a Mudkip, a Piplup, a Staryu, and a Larvitar out of those eggs. I've also traded my fair share of eggs, most of them being Stunfisk eggs. It's not a bad deal, either- all of those Stunfisk will know Curse when they hatch, and that is a good move for a Stunfisk to have. Today I got the Secret Egg from Toys R Us, traded the one from my White version to Black, saved the game, then hatched them. The one I got in White was Pansage, and the one I got in Black was... Axew! Score! Anyway, I reset, so both are still eggs. Well, Axew is. I traded the Pansage egg to someone for a shiny Eevee.

With a mustache.

Quote Originally Posted by yourlilemogirl View Post
    are you doing gts negotiations or normal gts? cuz in negotiations there's no live "asking" system.
    Pretty sure they mean the normal GTS there. I have a love/hate relationship with the normal GTS myself...

The GTS Negotiation however, it can be a really fun place where you can get some great monsters you normally wouldn't obtain or just get involved in some really great feel good trades (always nice to help others) and more to the case these days... ugh, what a headache.

I use it(Negotiations) every now and then. Never know when you can get lucky and trading (as well as seeing the little dots on your Globe fill up) is always fun.

Actually, the few times I have used it, about 55% of my trades were successful. My most successful trade was a Squirtle for one of my bred Zoruas (With the event Zoroark and Scotty, my Stoutland with Retaliate.)

I have a question: Do you get 'seen' hits in the pokedex for pokemon put up for trade in GTS negotiations but not actually traded?

Because if so, I may just have to do this. I've actually been really successful with regular GTS to the point where there is literally nothing left I have seen I can trade for which I can't get myself by evolving what I have, but there are a number of families, namely the starters from prior generations, which you just can't get seen hits for in BW to even search for. If you can get them here, even if the guy doesn't actually trade it to me just the act of showing it would essentially give it to me because then I can just put a Meditite up for trade for 'Any Squirtle' and get a Squirtle in an hour or two.

On the topic of normal GTS, finding the guy you want OFFERED is a dick, but if you put up a fair trade it goes like lightning and even if you're just searching if you're persistent enough you can find fair trades. BW is the first Pokemon game I've bought and played since Silver came out, so I literally have access to nothing old, but like I said I've been able to get access to every family I've got seen hits for through persistent GTS use. So I wouldn't write it off just yet, guys.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast