GTS Negotiation

View Poll Results: Normal GTS or GTS Negotiations?

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • Normal GTS

27 25.96%
  • GTS Negotiations

26 25.00%
  • Both

39 37.50%
  • None - I don't use the GTS

12 11.54%
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: GTS Negotiation

Blog Entries

Default GTS Negotiation

The GTS now has a negotiation feature. Do you think you will use it? Do you think its a good idea? I think I'd use it because there wouldnt be outrageous trade offers on the GTS anymore. Post what you think below.

EDIT: In case you didn't know what it is, you are in a live trade with another person using Wi-Fi, you select up to three pokemon from anywhere, so does the other person. You decide whether you like the trade or not using emoticons. When you both decide on the trade, it happens.
    Last edited by --root--; 20th October 2010 at 05:23 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: GTS Negotiation

Seems cumbersome. I'd just trade by communicating with people on forums. Even then, people screw that up by being dumb with 3 for 1 trades which could easily go wrong.

If I was using the GTS I'd much rather just put a Pokemon up there and wait for someone to trade.

Blog Entries

^ I think its only one for one trades.

Protecting Gotham City Geodude's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Geodude On Twitter
    Follow Geodude on Tumblr

Seems like a smart way to work around Nintendo's paranoia about kids meeting perverts online through their services. You can't actually talk to the person, but you can still have the same basic functionality.

XBL: Shiny Geodude -- PSN: ShinyGeodude

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarceus11 View Post
    ^ I think its only one for one trades.
    Where did I say it wasn't? I was commenting on how people manage to screw up wifi trades where they are able to communicate with more than just emoticons with dumb "3 for 1" trades or giving their Pokemon because the other person says they'll clone it for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    Seems like a smart way to work around Nintendo's paranoia about kids meeting perverts online through their services. You can't actually talk to the person, but you can still have the same basic functionality.
    I think its more of a language barrier thing. Facial expressions are universal.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Outrage View Post
    Where did I say it wasn't? I was commenting on how people manage to screw up wifi trades where they are able to communicate with more than just emoticons with dumb "3 for 1" trades or giving their Pokemon because the other person says they'll clone it for them.
    Oh I thought you meant on the GTS you can do three for one trades. Sorry, I'm stupid.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Can't you just negotiate via chatrooms or forums? I'd rather trade by putting my Pokémon up and saying "Take it or leave it".

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I was using this feature all day yesterday...quite fun. Managed to obtain a Mijumaru for my Lunatone I caught in the Giant Hall.

Oh, and it's just one-on-one trades, but each person can pick up to three possible canidates and then you choose one of theirs, they choose one of yours, and if it's good with them, you've got a trade. I traded aroung...12Pokemon yesterday, just for fun. Got a Mudkip, Charmander, Cyndaquil, Bivanilla, Mijumaru, Seviper, Eevee, and a few others, and I mostly just traded them Pokemon I found wild in the game and the Tsutarja and Mijumaru I mass-bred.

You can also trade eggs as well if you're feeling adventurous...one guy traded with me an Eevee for a Tsutarja egg, for instance.

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

I doubt it'll solve the problems of 95% of them being hacks. Still seems like a good idea though.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Blog Entries

Yeah, I might've got some hacks. :P

Particularly, while you're choosing Pokemon, it seems that it randomly displays some of the other trainer's Pokemon from their box at random for you to see (and, likewise, I assume they can see yours as well), and some of them I saw, Level 100 and all this shit, may have been hacks.

Of course, doesn't matter too much, since it's mainly just to complete the Dex that I was doing it. Not like I'm going to use them in battle.

EDIT: Plus, I assume it counts, this way is an easy way to score that 50-ID Trade Masterball as well. I'm 1/5th of the way there!
    Last edited by Garren; 18th October 2010 at 10:07 AM.

Interesting feature. I'm probably not going to be using it much though, as I prefer to ogranise the trade via chatrooms/forums beforehand.

This is only on Black and White correct? If so, that means the GTS is staying for the 5th Gen. Sweet.
    I claimed Squirtle.

My SoulSilver Info:
    Name: Allan
    Friend Code: 0818 5931 2255

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Yeah, the GTS is in the Pokemon Centers.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

I can just imagine....

Me: Puts forward Zekrom
    Other trainer: Puts forward Minezumi
    Me: *facepalm*

Trading eggs sounds interesting though, can you really only trade what's in your team? I thought we had moved beyond that into box trading? I guess I'll survive though.

The pokemon from the box appearing to each trainer seems interesting too, I wonder if there's a video on youtube of this feature...
    Planned Pokemon White Team

Blog Entries

No, you can pick ANY Pokemon from your box or team. So, basically, it's live trading between everyone of the player's Pokemon.

Also, there are two other features:

* It seems you can pick what levels you want the other player's Pokemon mainly to be, and there are two other options it allows you to choose that determines what trainer you end up trading with, but I am unsure what these are. Can't read Japanese and the computer I'm forced to used can't display Japanese characters, so I can't translate.

* You can see all the trainers you've traded with in the past (it doesn't show what you traded with them) and can see if they're on the GTS.

Also, when it finds a trainer to trade with for you (it's random), you see how many trades they've made, but I'm not sure if it is total amount or different ID trades.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast