Is it a good idea to incorporate talking pokemon into the games?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Is it a good idea to incorporate talking pokemon into the games?

Blog Entries

Default Is it a good idea to incorporate talking pokemon into the games?

Title says it XD

Default Re: Is it a good idea to incorporate talking pokemon into the games?

I cant see the point to be honest. In what way would if affect the game? As an addition to the walking mechanic? I dont see it

Winged man prefers night Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Don't get it.

I mean, we know some Pokémon are stated to be capable of communicating with humans. Anyway, there's a case in BW2...

Me verás volar por la ciudad de la furia...
    - Pokémon games are like boobs; designed for children, but more enjoyed by adults. (Someone on twitter)

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

No, that's called Mystery Dungeon.

maglev maglev's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

What, you mean like a Slugma walking around a town and comes up to you and starts chatting about Super Potions?

Nah, we don't need that.
    seconds to forever

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Pokemon that communicate with humans via telepathy like in the anime isn't considered as canon to the main series because it never happened in-game, so no.

Marukaite Chikyuu~ ShinySceptile1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Eh, maybe only Psychic types and Lucario, because I can see them talking every once in a while.
    Proud Claimer of Natalya Arlovskaya, Tino Väinämöinen, and Lukas Bondevik from Hetalia~! (= ヮ=)೨

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That would be fun as hell. Imagine the possibilities. A device being invented with which the mons can now communicate with humans. Then Pokemon asking for more rights, complaining, chatting, arguing, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

Trophies

No it is not. Mystery dungeon is for this. Talking pokemon would be a bit weird and would wreck the games (know its the wrong section but would wreck the anime) if they talked. They should just battle and make noises. Is there any reasons for why they would need to???

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

No, while it would be neat, it would just be that. I'd rather have new mechanics that effect gameplay/story/battles and capturing Pokemon. I don't really see what talking Pokemon would add to the game.

I'd like increased communication between you and your pokemon, but I'm not sure on proper conversations.
    YamiiDenryuu likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SimH5 View Post
    I'd like increased communication between you and your pokemon, but I'm not sure on proper conversations.
    Basically, this. The Pokemon don't need to speak english/japanese/whatever language the game is in to talk to their trainer. More things like what you got from interacting with your walking Pokemon in gen IV would be great, though.

I'd love to talk to my Pokemon. :< Aesthetic things like that never hurt anyone.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Blog Entries

Right here, this is what Chatot is for. Every time you send him out in battle he can say whatever you want. Mine, for instance, screams "fuck you."

Video Games Modegator GatoRage's Avatar Moderator
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Follow GatoRage on Tumblr

No. I think Pokemon talking is just lame and that's just it. I also dislike Pokemon just repeating their own names and I don't consider it canon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast