Good god. 0_o - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good god. 0_o

Well, seeing as you can only do "Live Vs Human" battles via FCs, I can just battle one of you guys or something.

But seriously, this bug must be stopped. It just doesn't feel right.

φιλομαθής Zhen Lin's Avatar Vice-Webmaster

A more general solution that would also take care of other kinds of cheaters would be to run the participant's team through a verifier on the server side and disallow Pokémon with obviously impossible movesets.

Granted, you would probably need to set up exceptions for certain event Pokémon like Flying/Surfing Pichu/Pikachu/Raichu...

But, you forget in the future installments this gen their could be new Move Tutors, and teach previously unlearnable moves.

φιλομαθής Zhen Lin's Avatar Vice-Webmaster

Hence server-side verification.

Anyword if the WiFi can tell hacked Pokemon?

I dunno, lol.

But anyhow, for NA/PAL and later JP releases, they could just do something like this:

Ditto used Transform!
    Mr. Mime use Mimic (on Ditto)!
    Mimic failed!

I mean, with SM64DS, there were some bugs that got fixed in later games, and you wouldn't know it; everything's the same except the ability to do the glitch. In glitch FAQs, the author will have things like SM64DS V1.1, V2.0, etc.

Passionately Burning RED shiroandfubuki's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zhen Lin View Post
    PMD Blue would sometimes erase the save files of whatever was in the GBA slot at the time if it wasn't PMD Red.

Anyway... it's trivial to transfer save files from one card to another, especially since they actually know how the flash chips inside the card operate.
    Fairly off topic note to follow:

It still does that in the english version.
    I was setting up my Emerald version for the Mew event, and the came had stated that my game was"erased due to corruption."
    However, upon not starting a new file, and trying to continue on my GBA SP instead of my DS with PMD Blue in it, all was well...No corruption or anything- my game was exactly where I left off.
    Thinking about it now, it might have just been a gliutch in my own game pack, but I still never play Emerald with PMD Blue in my DS ever again.

Back on topic...

The whole Ditto thing. Crazy, but awesome. It definitely makes for easy brteeding (as aforementioned in other threads), and now it allows for crazy move modifications.

Imagine the possibilites... I am currently imagininga Non-Aruseus pokemon with Judgement Pebble (Lucario?), but the chances of that even being possible seems pretty...low.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12