Glitches and Hacks Discussion Thread - Page 8

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Glitches and Hacks Discussion Thread

Default Who finds glitches and how?

I recently did the Old Man glitch for missingno, and glitch city glitch too, and just curious to know, who people find out these glitches? and how do they do that? it's clearly not just "coincidence" that after playing the game this far, people would go to viridian city to learn catching pokemon from old man, and then fly over to cinnabar island to catch pokemon. same in glitch city. can't be just coincidence to go in safari zone, come out, and say no, save game, and then fly over to only those city that don't have a particular warp 4. come on! is it that some people hack the game ROM and reverse engineer it? i know these games are made in assembly language. hackers really go through all that mess and find out "bugs"? and isn't it illegal to reverse engineer the ROM?

Visit SparkStatic's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Who finds glitches and how?

ok, nobody so far reported the one i found, so here goes;

when i was playing leafgreen before i sort of lost it forever, i was going into the power plant to catch zapdos, my dragonair was level 49, i leveled it to 50 and it evolved(5 levels early, but since i hadnt gotten dragonite before i believed it evolved at this level), also, i researched into this once i found out this was a glitch, apparently, this glitch is only present on some cartridges, some people reported it evolving normally, and others reported it as i did, has anyone else seen this glitch?

Quote Originally Posted by SparkStatic View Post
    ok, nobody so far reported the one i found, so here goes;

when i was playing leafgreen before i sort of lost it forever, i was going into the power plant to catch zapdos, my dragonair was level 49, i leveled it to 50 and it evolved(5 levels early, but since i hadnt gotten dragonite before i believed it evolved at this level), also, i researched into this once i found out this was a glitch, apparently, this glitch is only present on some cartridges, some people reported it evolving normally, and others reported it as i did, has anyone else seen this glitch?
    Yep, my sister's LeafGreen had the same glitch. I don't think it's harmful to the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zima
    My childhood just had a gun shoved up its ass.

Visit SparkStatic's Youtube Channel

@Nytie;
    i know its not harmful to the game, i used that dragonite for the rest of the story, and it was awesome,
    also, i found a male Chansey in the game, i forgot about that glitch, but i wish i still had the game so i could prove it...

Yes, I am THAT gli. :P Gligar13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan203 View Post
    I recently did the Old Man glitch for missingno, and glitch city glitch too, and just curious to know, who people find out these glitches? and how do they do that? it's clearly not just "coincidence" that after playing the game this far, people would go to viridian city to learn catching pokemon from old man, and then fly over to cinnabar island to catch pokemon. same in glitch city. can't be just coincidence to go in safari zone, come out, and say no, save game, and then fly over to only those city that don't have a particular warp 4. come on! is it that some people hack the game ROM and reverse engineer it? i know these games are made in assembly language. hackers really go through all that mess and find out "bugs"? and isn't it illegal to reverse engineer the ROM?
    Most glitches aren't found by reverse engineering the rom, they are found usually either randomly or by experimenting for places to break the game, and especially with Gen I, there are many ways to break the game. Plus, tbh most glitchers wouldn't bother learning ASM anyway since most aren't found through ROM exploration.

You can also find some by exploring the RAM. Even though you need an emu/debugger to do this, you can find where the game glitches out in memory and go from there.

If you really want it detailed, post on a forum like GCL, where people do this all the time.
    dA::YT::furaffinity::Yes, I DID claim Gligar.

Primordial ChaosKnight Five-Gate Omega's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Glitches and Hacks Discussion Thread

Not sure what this glitch was, but in Pokemon Blue, I did the MissingNO(or "M" Glitch) to encounter lv 100+ wild pokemon and i found an actual MissingNO at lv 138 or so and i sent out Ditto and had it transform into It then i switched it for some other Pokemon in my party before capturing it or killing it and after the battle ended i found my Ditto to be replaced by an exact replica of the last pokemon i sent out. This was over 11 years ago and I tried numerous times to replicate it but it never worked. Could have been one of those fluke glitches and i did some searching on the internet but i never found anything related to it. All i know is that it had to do with something about Ditto using transform and doing the missingno glitch.

Blog Entries

Ah, Pokemon glitches. This thread takes me way back to before I was in SOVA and Bulbagarden when I was in Glitch City Labs. In fact I even made it to modship, though we probably had enough staff at the time. But that's a story for another time. One of the hacks I did was using a map editor to remove all the doors from certain routes and cities in R/B/Y. Why? To enter glitch city at those places. Otherwise it doesn't work because you just wind up exiting that door from the safari zone instead of walking into the screwed up map.
    Our goal is to get The Pokemon Company International to return the voice actors from the dub by 4Kids. (seasons 1-8)
    If you're interested, please join us at Facebook and sign our petition!
    We're also open to considering passionate Pokemon fans as staff. Your help is valued; only together may we succeed!

No one replied to this so I'll ask again:

On Pokemon Emerald, I currently have 8 apprentices in the Battle Tower, but the first 5 seem to have stopped appearing. I had a Beauty who would always fight me at battle no. 3, and a Guitarist who would fight me at battle no. 9, but now they aren't appearing, and only the last 3 (a Triathlete, another Guitarist and a Sailor) are showing up in the Battle Salon to partner with me.

I initially thought it would have something to do with mixing records, but I've only mixed with Pokemon Sapphire. I've Googled this, but not found an answer. Has this happened to anyone else?

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I've come across a glitch in HeartGold. I phoned Hiker Parry, and he said that we would have a rematch. So I go to Route 45, talk to the Hiker, and he doesn't act as if he wants a rematch anymore. And the exclamation mark on the town map to signify a rematchable trainer isn't there either.

Follow mijuwott On Twitter Add mijuwott on Facebook
    Follow mijuwott on Tumblr

I'm not sure this is the right place for this, but it's the closest forum I could find. This is copypasted from another forum because I'm just too lazy to retype it all! I'm just wanting to edit a Pokemon Platinum ROM, so here's what I'm asking:

So all I want to do is just to edit a Pokemon Platinum Rom. I want to change which Pokemon appear in the wild. I want to change what NPCs say. I want to replace overworld and trainer sprites with those from BW2 like these: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-j4CH5d6IwPk/T-hp4lLiy-I/AAAAAAAABOE/uDx4TrQaoCM/s1600/pokebeach-trainer-montage.png. I have downloaded lots of tools such as Nitro Explorer, PPRE, PKSV, and a few others. A lot of them ask for a .narc file, and I know that I need to use the Nitro Explorer to find it, but I don't know where the ones I need would be. I know how to edit the script, but I don't know the right format, like all the /n and /r and other stuff. So can someone please explain in detail to me what else I'll need and how exactly to do what I want to do?

I was playing Pokemon diamond when a wild gastrodon appeared.That was normal. I was in a hurry.I brought out my lv.100 empoleon. Gastrodon attacked me.I got angry. I beat the heck out of that gastrodon.After I got 999999 exp,(I Was Action Replaying)I wanted to hurry.And you know what happened. That gastrodon was still there. I mean his sprite and hp box were gone, but he was still there.I caught him and named him cheese.

All right, guys. Hopefully some of you can help me test this out.

I'm investigating a series of glitches in Yellow that involves corrupting a save file. What you do is start a new game and save before you get your first Pokemon. There is a VERY short period in the save-game dialogue in which the "Do you want to save the game?" dialogue is still in the text box, but the "Yes/No" option is gone. That period is when you turn your game off and back on.

One of two things will happen: either a message will appear saying, "The file data is destroyed!" and you'll start over, or a "Continue" option will appear. It might take a few tried to get the second option, but that's what you want.

If you do get to continue your glitched save, you will have a shitload of glitched Pokemon in your party. So many, in fact, that the game can't display them properly. After the ninth Pokemon, it restarts at the top of the party for the 10th, and so on. If you switch the 2nd Pokemon with the 10th, and the 9th with the 11th, you'll get a whole bunch of glitched items.

All the Pokemon in your party are a glitch known as Q, which is actually a glitched Starmie. They will either have no moves at all, or four TM55 moves (which, like all TMs above 50 in RBY, aren't valid). However, some of the glitched items in your inventory are in fact TMs, and can be taught to your Pokemon.

The unfortunate part is, almost all of your glitches are either poisoned or fainted. Even after you get Pikachu from Oak (I haven't found a way to access Pikachu in your roster), you'll run into problems involving battling your rival. Your Q won't ever have a chance to attack, because it's poisoned. However, I've also found that the glitched Qs can have more than one ailment at a time; that is, it's marked as poisoned, and acts like it outside of battle, but also appears asleep or burned in battle. If your starter is "hurt by the burn", you'll have to wait a very long time for your turn to end, because the HP bar grows to a ridiculous length and recharges itself. Whether or not you can actually get past it is something I'm still investigating. And, of course, your rival (who the game renames Gary) won't let you leave the battle!

There's a lot of possibilities here, folks, and much stuff to be explored. I'm anxious to see what happens when you go into a wild Pokemon battle or try to heal your Pokemon, as I don't have a Gameshark and can't enter a Walk Through Walls code.

More about the glitch here:
    Pokemon Yellow "Save Abuse" Glitch

Is it possible to hack a move's Accuracy? I just battled a Walrein online and it used Sheer Cold three times, and the three times it hit! Come on, that's IMPOSSIBLE. No one has that amount of luck!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Anser View Post
    Is it possible to hack a move's Accuracy? I just battled a Walrein online and it used Sheer Cold three times, and the three times it hit! Come on, that's IMPOSSIBLE. No one has that amount of luck!
    What levels were each Pokemon at? If Walrein was at a higher level than your Pokemon, then Sheer Cold's accuracy would've been improved.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbapedia
    The accuracy of Sheer Cold depends on the level of the user and the level of the target and is worked out with the formula: Accuracy = [(level of user-level of target) + 30]%.

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

Quote Originally Posted by smalllady View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anser View Post
    What levels were each Pokemon at? If Walrein was at a higher level than your Pokemon, then Sheer Cold's accuracy would've been improved.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbapedia
    The accuracy of Sheer Cold depends on the level of the user and the level of the target and is worked out with the formula: Accuracy = [(level of user-level of target) + 30]%.
    We were both level 50 =/

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast