Glitches and Hacks Discussion Thread - Page 7

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Glitches and Hacks Discussion Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: Glitches and Hacks Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Akai View Post
    I have a kind of a theoretical question.

Let's say you hack a Tornadus that knows the move Roost. As we all should know, Roost has a side-effect where a flying type Pokemon would temporarily lose its flying type for that single turn. Tornadus is the only pure flying-type Pokemon, so I'm just wondering out of curiosity, what would happen if a Tornadus used Roost? Would the game lock up or unusually continue until the next turn?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulbapedia
    Gen IV - If a Pokémon that has become a pure Flying-type uses Roost, it will become a ???-type Pokémon until the end of the turn.
    Gen V - If a pure Flying-type Pokémon uses Roost, it will become Normal-type until the end of the turn.
    Seems the dev team thinks of everything.

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

Blog Entries

Huh, first ???-type Arceus, now this. That's a little disappointing in a way, since I kinda have a small obsession with glitches.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Akai View Post
    I have a kind of a theoretical question.

Let's say you hack a Tornadus that knows the move Roost. As we all should know, Roost has a side-effect where a flying type Pokemon would temporarily lose its flying type for that single turn. Tornadus is the only pure flying-type Pokemon, so I'm just wondering out of curiosity, what would happen if a Tornadus used Roost? Would the game lock up or unusually continue until the next turn?
    Answer: That's why Tornadus doesnt get roost.
    But srsly, thats a good question. Maybe hack one and see what happens?

Oops, there was more thread than I knew.
    ???-Type. So it becomes like a missingno from RSE? It was a ?.

Blog Entries

No. It just becomes Normal-type in Gen V, read what smallady said. And ???-type isn't glitched at all.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

Then whats ??? type?

Quote Originally Posted by Griknot View Post
    Then whats ??? type?
    There aren't any ??? Type Pokemon to my knowledge, but the move Curse is classified as ??? Type. It may mean that it just has a variable effect depending on the original type of the Pokemon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zima
    My childhood just had a gun shoved up its ass.

Definitely an "F" ticket! Shiny Porygon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nytie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Griknot View Post
    Then whats ??? type?
    There aren't any ??? Type Pokemon to my knowledge, but the move Curse is classified as ??? Type. It may mean that it just has a variable effect depending on the original type of the Pokemon.
    Though Curse is as of Gen V a Ghost-type move. That would have been the last remnant of the ??? type.

To my knowledge, the ???-type was created just for Curse (for some reason) in Generation II. In Generation III, I think eggs were programmed to have this type, too. They decided to take it out in Gen V because there really wasn't any reason to keep around the ???-type, so they just made Curse into a Ghost-type move and called it a day.

I love my Action Replay. It takes the work out of level grinding--nothing better than breeding a good Pokemon and watching it go from lv 1 to lv 94 after a single battle. EVs and IVs are also mine to play with, but I don't go past the 510 limit for EVs and only abuse IVs for 70-BP Hidden Powers of a desired type. I've been working on breeding Pokemon to look legit while abusing such hidden values; once my Wifi gets fixed, I may try them out on Random Matchup to see if they're allowed.

Blog Entries

I believe the ??? type is neutral to everything when it's made to work in such a way, forgive me if I'm wrong.

Gardevoir Enthusiast Okami Takahashi's Avatar
    Follow Okami Takahashi On Twitter
    Follow Okami Takahashi on Tumblr

I had sort of an odd glitch happen to me in SoulSilver.

After moving from my DS Lite to a 3DS, I mysteriously lost Blue's number, and have absolutely know way of getting it back to my knowledge.

I love glitches in the Pokémon games. There's one I want to try in G/S/C. Apparently, the capture formula is rather wonky, so if you attempt to catch a Pokémon with an HP of 342 or 683, the game will attempt to divide by zero and go into an infinite loop before crashing. Just what isn't awesome about that? Of course, the only way to encounter a Pokémon with that HP would be through hacking, but it's still awesome. Info obtained here: Gen II Capture Mechanics | The Cave of Dragonflies

I've just had a really puzzling thing happen to me. I have 5 apprentices on Emerald, but all of a sudden they've stopped showing up to battle me in the Tower. I can't even find them in the Salon. I Googled this in vain; has this happened to anyone else?

Visit Aura Fox's Youtube Channel

I know this may seem very out of date and off topic, and I wouldn't be surprised if anyone had already discovered this long before me, but while I was messing around with the MissingNo. glitch in Red and Blue, I discovered that if a wild pokemon is triggered in an area that normally doesn't have any wild pokemon assigned, a pokemon from the last area with wild pokemon you visited will appear instead. In other words, if you fly from Route 1 to Cinnabar Island, you can encounter Pidgey and Rattata at level 2-4.

One useful way this could be used is to go to the Safari Zone, leave back to Fushia City, and Fly to Cinnabar (You can't fly directly out of the Safari Zone) Since Fushia City doesn't have any wild pokemon, it uses the list of pokemon from the Safari Zone. So when you fly to Cinnabar, which also has no list of wild pokemon, it uses the list from the last area with wild pokemon that you visited, allowing you to encounter Safari Zone pokemon in actual battle.

Unfortunately, as far as I know this only works in R/B. I do not own Yellow or Green so I have not tested it on those. But I have discovered this on my own and have never seen any videos on it. I might end up recording a video on it, but I don't feel like playing through the whole game on an Emulator, so it'll probably just be a crappy quality recording of the GBA.

Registered User shiny charizard 10's Avatar
    Blog Entries

this web site is a cheat: Pokécheck, the GTS stats checker in this website you can get alot of shiny pokemons and legendaries. there is another website where you choose a pokemons stats level and the moves. also the items. i forgot what the website was. i stopped using the cheat. the instructions are on the page. remember getting some of the pokemons are illeagel.

Welcome to the New Age... yourlilemogirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow yourlilemogirl On Twitter
    Visit yourlilemogirl's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by zimkhan View Post
    this web site is a cheat: Pokécheck, the GTS stats checker in this website you can get alot of shiny pokemons and legendaries. there is another website where you choose a pokemons stats level and the moves. also the items. i forgot what the website was. i stopped using the cheat. the instructions are on the page. remember getting some of the pokemons are illeagel.
    That website's main goal is to check your own pokemon's legality as well as provide a way for people to share legit pokemon amongst themselves, any hacks downloaded by yourself isn't of their consequence as you're fully able to see if the pokemon itself is hacked by looking at the legality analyses provided. They don't like hacks there anyway and regularly delete any they find on their servers.

Click to see my Trade Want/Offering Thread(:

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast