Glitches and Hacks Discussion Thread

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Glitches and Hacks Discussion Thread

Blog Entries

Default Glitches and Hacks Discussion Thread

Welcome to the Bulbagarden Glitches and Hacks Discussion Thread! General discussion on hacks and glitches belong right here. Did you uncover a new glitch no one knows about yet? Do you feel like reminiscing on some of the most popular glitches in the Pokemon video games? Or maybe do you want to share how a funny prank went wrong when you accidentally deleted all the data on your friend's Diamond version by slipping the cartridge into your untrustworthy Action Replay device? (:P) It all goes here!

Some other popular glitch and hack-related threads worth checking out also include:

Randomly Witnessed Glitches (By Personal Experience)
    RNG Help Thread
    The "Is My Pokémon Hacked?" Thread
    Code Request Thread
    3DS FC: 1203-9389-8130

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Glitches and Hacks Discussion Thread

The last time I really messed up a save file was about a year ago with Diamond. I don't remember exactly what I was doing, but it resulted in my game crashing every time I opened the Key Items section of my Bag. Not cool. I've seen (or not) the invisible shiny Bulbasaur before while messing around with Wild Pokémon, too. Freaked me out at the time.

I miss the big glitches like MissingNo...

Default Did this happen too you?

Back in the days, when I used to play pokemon red and blue, I stumbled upon something while playing. Me and my friends used to use the glitch for over 100 rare candies, and tms. Well, after we would level up a pokemon to 100, and giving it all protien, iron, etc. We went to go face the elite four, after doing this, I deposited a pokemon into the pc and withdrew it. But I began to notice that it's stat had risen by 1. Me and my friends did this atleast 20 times before it finally would go any higher.

I checked smogon on a first generation starmie stats, and it sait it's limit was 326. But my friend had a starmie who's speed was 337 thanks to the glitch. It only happened after we beat the elite four, then deposited the pokemon and withdrew it. Is this a glitch?

Blog Entries
    Follow AlexTheRose On Twitter
    Visit AlexTheRose's Youtube Channel

Arrow Re: Glitches and Hacks Discussion Thread

I recall the time when I used the noclip cheat to just walk from Veilstone to the Battle Frontier. When I took my first step into the Fight Area, the Barry tag battle event triggered itself, and I moved around with this invisible Barry and invisible people, but when the thing was over and I walked to where it was supposed to happen, everything was in place and the only thing left to do was battle. I then proceeded to whoop some Elite Four butt with my (so far) legit team, and then I went to the Battle Frontier. I've done this glitch many times, one of which I did the tag battle out of place (before I walked to the entrance).

Aaaahhhhhhh… those were the days…
    —AlexTheRose

The PokéSphere Forums!

I recently discovered an odd glitch while using an Action Replay code to encounter shinies in the wild on Platinum:
    While walking around in the tall grass with the code actvated, I encountered a nameless, invisible Pokemon at Lv. 0. There was a shadow, like a sprite was supposed to be there, and the shiny animation played like usual. When the battle began the text read "Wild" as in "Wild so-and-so appeared", but nothing else. Catching the Pokemon resulted in "----- was caught!", but the game froze when it tried to go to the Pokedex screen. I reset, and it doesn't appear to have damaged the game any, and the code works normally otherwise. Has anyone else encountered this glitch?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zima
    My childhood just had a gun shoved up its ass.

Blog Entries

@Nytie

I'm wondering if what you encountered was the invisible shiny bulbasaur?

It's possible, though I wasn't using a walk through walls cheat, and I encointered it just outside Jubilife City, not Oreburgh. It didn't damage the game any, so I was just curious as to what it was. I think that the code I'm using may just be defective; when I was giving it another test run just now, I kept encountering Lv. 100 shiny Snorlaxes and nothing else. O_o;
    Quote Originally Posted by Zima
    My childhood just had a gun shoved up its ass.

Blog Entries

Default Mimic Glitch

Ok, so I was just looking around on Pokemon sites, and remembered something about a Mimic, Transform, Copycat, or general move copying glitch in Diamond and Pearl that allowed any Pokemon that learned those moves to learn any Gen IV move, and one Gen V move via sketch. Does anybody remember how to do this? I forget where I saw how to do this a while ago. Thanks!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Mimic Glitch

Fun Fact: it works on all Gen IV games. I've verified for Platinum, I've seen videos for HgSs.

What you need:
    Ditto
    Smeargle w/ desired moves + Rage
    Pokemon w/ Mimic (or variants)

-Have your Pokemon mimic Ditto's transform.
    -Switch in Smeargle.
    -Transform into Smeargle.
    -Use Rage.
    -Have Rage build
    -Faint your Pokemon and end battle (or just end battle after Rage is building)

That should be the general outline. The last part I'm not quite sure of.

Surprise! winstein's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Why not go to the Bulbapedia page and check out how the glitch works? The information's there.

1) Mimic glitch - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia
    2) Rage glitch - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia (This glitch is for Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver only since the other one doesn't work on those games; Diamond and Pearl can still use them)

Thanks for reading.
    SnorlaxMonster likes this.
    “A single soul can uphold a standard far above the low threshold by which the world measures itself.”

Latest Review: Dark-type Award Ceremony
    Bonus articles: Mega Evolution Candidates (Part 7) -- Generation 6 Pokémon (07/12/2013)

Blog Entries

Oh, I thought I looked on Bulbapedia. Thanks for the info!

Eaten by Giratina... Team Galactic's Avatar

I was recently replaying the old Red version, and a very weird glitch occurred. I was training my Pikachu in Mt. Moon, and when I defeated the Zubat, my Pikachu grew a level as normal, but made a different sound. Then my HP bar covered the screen, and my game froze. I hadn't even saved since I caught my Pikachu...
    White FC:3010 3938 6770

Yes, I am THAT gli. :P Gligar13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Team Galactic View Post
    I was recently replaying the old Red version, and a very weird glitch occurred. I was training my Pikachu in Mt. Moon, and when I defeated the Zubat, my Pikachu grew a level as normal, but made a different sound. Then my HP bar covered the screen, and my game froze. I hadn't even saved since I caught my Pikachu...
    Dirty/Bootleg cart, maybe?
    dA::YT::furaffinity::Yes, I DID claim Gligar.

Welcome to the New Age... yourlilemogirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow yourlilemogirl On Twitter
    Visit yourlilemogirl's Youtube Channel

Recently while looking through my bag in White for the TMs pocket to look for a move to teach a shellos I had just received, something odd happened. When I reached the TMs pocket, I could've sworn I heard Shellos' cry o.O I couldn't duplicate it again but it certainly was odd..

EDIT: oh and there was a glitch that i just remembered about, when i was in Nacrene's little shop next to the accordion guy, when i went to talk to the guy sitting by himself, my game froze. i have no clue why, but i had to turn my ds off to get it to unfreeze O_o
    Last edited by yourlilemogirl; 18th November 2011 at 10:02 AM.

Click to see my Trade Want/Offering Thread(:

Blog Entries
    Follow Blue Dragon On Twitter
    Follow Blue Dragon on Tumblr

The only glitch I have ever encountered was Missingno. in Pokemon Yellow. It messed with my party and whole game.

I was devastated because I ended up resetting my save file because of it and that was because it messed up the graphics and features in order to play the game.

I haven't experienced anything since then thankfully lol.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast