Giving immunities to psychic and fighting
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Giving immunities to psychic and fighting

Default Giving immunities to psychic and fighting

So this is just a thought but does anyone else think that the psychic and fighting types deserve immunities like the dark type. For instance have dark immune to psychic, psychic immune to fighting and fighting immune to dark. It could be like psychics can protect themselves with like barriers and so fighting types have effect. For fighting types it could be like martial artist tend to be spiritual and very strong willed therefore darkness has no effect on them. I dont know its just a something i thought would be pretty cool.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Giving immunities to psychic and fighting

I don't think any more immunities should be added. I'm sorry, but I just don't see why Psychic would need a Fighting immunity, and why Fighting would need a Dark immunity.

Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

I agree with ^ Fighting types are resistant to dark, and psychic is resistant to fighting. Immunities aren't really needed especially since it will just limit us more in battle than we already are. It's a pain when you can't use your pokemon's best move against the opponent because they're immune.

aka. white power bill Baf's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

No, especially not stronger types like fighting. Poision could do with some more advantages to make up for its weak attacking type.

dank memes

Quote Originally Posted by Mißingnåen View Post
    I'm convinced that Baf is actually a spam bot. He has managed to sneak by the filters for the past 2 years.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Why give immunities to a former game breaker and a recent dominant type when they could try to buff Poison and nerf Water and Steel?

I just thought of it so it could be a new "rock, paper, scissors" type thing instead of the regular fire, grass, water were all used to seeing. I do agree that poison types deserve it more than fighting and psychic though, and yeah thinking about it now, i guess that would make fighting types a bit too strong.

Gamefreak made the Dark Type because Psychic was broken in Gen 1

Blog Entries

An immunity triangle does sound interesting but the consequences of such a thing will be hard to bare.
    Caro: 0774-4484-9102

IGN: Antonio

URPG:http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f401/cerony-urpg-66373/

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Imo, they should rather remove the dark resisting psychic part. It was introduced since Psychics were broken in gen 1. Now they have dark, bug and ghost types hitting them for sf damage. Remember that gen 1 had only pin missile as a decently powered bug move while most of its learners were massacred by psychics due to their part poison type and there was only one ghost family(that too a part poison type), with pathetic attack(Ghost was a physical attacking type) and there were no ghost moves except for night shade(fixed damage) and lick(which is pathetic).

Psychic is no longer broken with steels, darks, etc running around. That immunity should be removed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

I think the only modification that should be done is making Poison super-effective against Water (water pollution) and Fighting (poisoning fighters, overdoses). Water is the most common type in the game, so it would really give Poison an advantage, and Fighting is getting more popular each day.

^ This. Would certainly put stupid Blaziken in his place if his opponent was Tentacruel. :/

Sentinal of Anistar Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

I feel this may unbalance the type chart a little too much. Especially considering the Justified ability.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Anser View Post
    I think the only modification that should be done is making Poison super-effective against Water (water pollution) and Fighting (poisoning fighters, overdoses). Water is the most common type in the game, so it would really give Poison an advantage, and Fighting is getting more popular each day.
    I don't think that'll help Poison. For example, Bug's strong against Dark, Grass, and Psychic, but do those advantages make Bug a threat? Nope. Poison has never been a good offensive type, just like Steel. You can make Poison strong against Water and Fighting and it won't help at all unless its STAB.

Humanity's Strongest Shiny Celebi's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

I would leave it how it is now, I think it's fine for the most part. I don't think they should mess with the type chart.
    tumblr(not spoiler free)

i also think that the chart should be left as it is it is better

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast