The Generation IV Remake Discussion - Page 3

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: The Generation IV Remake Discussion

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Generation IV Remake Discussion

I'm hoping for a sequel because Platinum was a phenomenal game. Despite the graphical limitations, Game Freak pulled off an ambitious story quite well. The Distortion World was a brilliant idea, Cyrus was a believable villain, and neither the gym leaders nor the Elite Four were pushovers. The story also introduced religion into the Pokemon world which could explored in a possible sequel. The story of Platinum is ripe for a sequel.

Despite his obvious social issues, Cyrus was able to recruit followers relatively easily and his Final Solution if you would was to remake the world in his image. Sound familiar? Cyrus is essentially an allegory to Hitler. A man with a great deal of social issues rises up in popularity with legions of followers who are willing to help him remake the world in his image. Every one of the other villains (except for Lysandre) gave up. Cyrus didn't and stayed in the Distortion World. There's so much to explore in a sequel and it would be a shame to do a remake instead. Then there was that church that I thought was some sort of religion based around Arceus.
    Last edited by DasManiac; 6th January 2014 at 02:40 PM.
    8ther, Shadow Chill, Ange and 1 others like this.
    FC is 1263 7145 9704 and Name is Drew. Also Charizard is underrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Chocolate View Post
    If there were to be remakes, I'd say a sequel is more likely.
    Now that I think about it, I don't think either of them are likely at all. After all, they stopped doing remakes at Generation V. Sequels of Black and White were released and it all ended there. Can't believe Brycen retired though, he was my favourite Gym Leader of all of them in Gen-V.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by S17MON View Post
    If there were to be remakes, I'd say a sequel is more likely.
    Now that I think about it, I don't think either of them are likely at all. After all, they stopped doing remakes at Generation V. Sequels of Black and White were released and it all ended there. Can't believe Brycen retired though, he was my favourite Gym Leader of all of them in Gen-V.
    They didn't stop doing remakes. They changed it up and rushed along Gen 5 because the 3DS had already been out for 2 years when BW2 was released.
    Bolt the Cat and The_Doctor like this.
    Personal Youtube: TerraTF

Follow my Pokemon Y Nuzlocke here

Shinies are just a palette swap. If its not bred well, don't use it.

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FireHawk View Post
    They didn't stop doing remakes. They changed it up and rushed along Gen 5 because the 3DS had already been out for 2 years when BW2 was released.
    That's not quite how it happened because 5th gen was designed from the start to be a filler generation because they hadn't yet received the 3DS dev kit to work on XY, but yes, that's the reason why there were no remakes last gen.
    The_Doctor likes this.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FireHawk View Post
    That's not quite how it happened because 5th gen was designed from the start to be a filler generation because they hadn't yet received the 3DS dev kit to work on XY, but yes, that's the reason why there were no remakes last gen.
    Huh? Gamefreak were the first to receive Dev-kits way back in 2010. Gen 5 was filler because of the abnormally long reign of the DS combined bad timing for its release. Hopefully by 2017 Gen 7 will be released on the next Handheld.
    Anyway, back on topic, I really prefer Sinnoh over Hoenn. So much can be done with region, and if they do sequels like B2W2, the story would be very interesting. Imagine a spotpass powered Underground, or better yet the contests with online.
    Bolt the Cat likes this.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mitzman! View Post
    Huh? Gamefreak were the first to receive Dev-kits way back in 2010. Gen 5 was filler because of the abnormally long reign of the DS combined bad timing for its release. Hopefully by 2017 Gen 7 will be released on the next Handheld.
    Well yeah, that's basically what I was saying.

More on topic, you know what would be awesome for this game? More 4th gen Megas. I'm thinking the following would be good candidates:

Mega Torterra
    Mega Infernape
    Mega Empoleon
    Mega Roserade
    Mega Floatzel
    Mega Lopunny
    Mega Spiritomb
    Mega Drapion
    Mega Toxicroak
    Mega Weavile
    Mega Electivire
    Mega Magmortar
    Mega Togekiss
    Mega Dialga
    Mega Palkia
    Mega Cresselia
    Mega Darkrai
    Mega Arceus

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Mega Arceus
    ...Mega-evolve the creator of the universe? O.o how are we supposed to beat that thing XDD...??

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Your list is missing major Pokemon that need mega evolutions.
    Mega Luxray
    Mega Rampardos
    Mega Gallade
    Mega Vespiquen
    Mega Rotom

That last one cause I would really love to see how the hell they can make a fridge or an oven look even more badass.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

Don't need another hero. Rain Woman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ash_Pokemaster View Post
    Not interested in DPPt remakes, but if Game Freak ever returned to Sinnoh mythology, I feel there are a few things they should do to justify Dialga's and Palkia's themes. The themes of those two, unlike their Platinum counterpart, Giratina's, are not incorporated in gameplay mechanics at all. It's a real shame, because spatial and temporal mechanics, like spatial manipulation or time deceleration would be quite interesting to play with. In the case of sequels or remakes, or even games that simply bring the Creation Trio to the front, I hope the Legendaries' themes are not empty statements like in DPPt, but actually promoted through the game's design.
    I have to agree with you there. GF really did, well, nothing with the themes of the legendaries in those games when they really should have. However, there was never really any specially themed content in any of the other Pokémon games save for B/W/2. If there was a remake, I would really like to see this added, but I highly doubt it will be.

I want a Mega Shedninja. xD

Anyway, I like the idea of Diamond going with Dialga and Time. With Pearl going with Palkia and Space. It sounds really cool, imo.
    I have a Fire Safari. With Charmeleon, Braxien, and Ponyta. PM me if you need to find out your type/Pokemon.
    FC: 0275-7582-3115

Official claimer of Chespin, Zap Cannon, Defeatist, Chesto Berry, and the Mega Ring!

Blog Entries

In addition to the lists above, I'd like to see Mega Yanmega. Maybe Bug/Dragon, to get rid of that x4 SR weakness.
    Bolt the Cat likes this.

Claims: Dialga | Multitype | Judgment | Adamant Orb | Draco Plate

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mitzman! View Post
    Your list is missing major Pokemon that need mega evolutions.
    Mega Luxray
    Mega Rampardos
    Mega Gallade
    Mega Vespiquen
    Mega Rotom

That last one cause I would really love to see how the hell they can make a fridge or an oven look even more badass.
    Not sure they'd want to Mega Evolve Pokemon that already have form changes. And it'd be outright impossible for ones that change forms by item (hence why I gave Dialga and Palkia Mega Evolutions but not Giratina). Wait, speaking of which, I forgot about Arceus. Maybe his ability can change to Protean or something when he Mega Evolves, that way you can change his type without the plates.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

about Arceus. Maybe his ability can change to Protean or something when he Mega Evolves, that way you can change his type without the plates.
    Inb4 Arceus is everywhere in online battles. If Sinnoh remakes/sequels offer Arceus to be available as the in-game mascot, then I guess everyone has an equal chance, though.

Blog Entries

Inb4 Arceus is everywhere in online battles. If Sinnoh remakes/sequels offer Arceus to be available as the in-game mascot, then I guess everyone has an equal chance, though.
    It will be a cold day in hell when Game Freak makes an event Pokemon available as an in game mascot. Especially one as powerful as Arceus. But you're right, this would probably be broken as hell.

Crying Baby 'Roach Slayer Eternal Shadows's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I could see a game where Arceus is used. While it is an event, it is also a trio master, so it'd make a lot of sense.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast