The Generation IV Remake Discussion - Page 2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: The Generation IV Remake Discussion

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Generation IV Remake Discussion

Yes! Somewhere I can vent my craziness!

The lack of Cynthia is intriguing. Two of her Pokemon got megas, and Togekiss got a retype. I'd expect a BW style appearance.

May I just remind, this is the Gen IV remake thread, not the Gen IV Is Coming This Gen thread. I'm pretty sure it's just discussing possible remakes in general.

I'd like inner Coronet to be more varied.

I can see Bolt the Cat being happy as he'll that I've found a new stomping ground XD

DCM
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Gengar View Post
    If they indeed made sequels, Diamond and Pearl could work in a similar way to the Oracle games in the Zelda franchise, with Diamond focusing on time travel through Dialga and Pearl focusing on changes in the region through Palkia.
    This would be amazing. Unlikely, but amazing.

I would be interested if instead of a remake, we actually revisit Sinnoh years later (ala BW2.) Seeing the vacuum created by the absence of Galactic, the consequences of the DPPt storyline and Cyrus' new plans, as well as how the area has changed. Far more interesting than rehashing the story
    The_Doctor, IS1296 and Jenneta like this.
    “And as to you life, I reckon you are the leavings of many deaths, No doubt I have died myself ten thousand times before.”

W.W.

Gen IV is when I started playing Pokemon. But I feel like it is too early for sequels, or remakes for them. (Then again, I would rather have a Gen 4 remake than a Gen 3 remake)
    I have a Fire Safari. With Charmeleon, Braxien, and Ponyta. PM me if you need to find out your type/Pokemon.
    FC: 0275-7582-3115

Official claimer of Chespin, Zap Cannon, Defeatist, Chesto Berry, and the Mega Ring!

Blegh. No Gen IV remakes for me. At least not for another 2 generations or so. They aren't old enough. All I need is for more Sinnoh Pokemon to be available this generation through a means other than remakes. Plus, DP remakes won't even be considered before RS remakes. That's a solid fact. Chances are we'll get RS remakes soon, hopefully this gen, and then a couple gens later, DP remakes. May even see RB remakes again (due to 3D capabilities) before DP ones.

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fabulous Phantump View Post
    I'd like inner Coronet to be more varied.
    Explain?

Quote Originally Posted by Fabulous Phantump View Post
    I can see Bolt the Cat being happy as he'll that I've found a new stomping ground XD
    I don't really care, I just find it odd that you think they should remake DPPt before RSE. I just don't see as much that needs changing in DPPt as I do in other games. They pretty much nailed the region design, the Pokedex (in Platinum), and the story, the only things to add are features that were added since then.

Quote Originally Posted by DCM View Post
    I would be interested if instead of a remake, we actually revisit Sinnoh years later (ala BW2.) Seeing the vacuum created by the absence of Galactic, the consequences of the DPPt storyline and Cyrus' new plans, as well as how the area has changed. Far more interesting than rehashing the story
    Vacuum? Having no evil team would make for an uninteresting storyline. Unless you're suggesting a new evil team for this game, Team Galactic is going to show up again.

DCM
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Vacuum? Having no evil team would make for an uninteresting storyline. Unless you're suggesting a new evil team for this game, Team Galactic is going to show up again.
    Not necessarily. Imagine a storyline based around up and coming criminal groups all vying for the position team galactic had previously occupied as head of the totem pole. Rather than have on organized group to battle against you find yourself battling to resolve the conflict between these groups and aid Looker's organization in restoring peace and order to Sinnoh. Although that might get political
    “And as to you life, I reckon you are the leavings of many deaths, No doubt I have died myself ten thousand times before.”

W.W.

Blog Entries

I don't know if there would be a power vacuum if it followed Platinum's plot. Mars and Jupiter more or less left since they seemed to be in it for Cyrus, and Charon was arrested. Saturn seems to want to turn Galactic into a legitimate energy research company like what they posed as.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DCM View Post
    Not necessarily. Imagine a storyline based around up and coming criminal groups all vying for the position team galactic had previously occupied as head of the totem pole. Rather than have on organized group to battle against you find yourself battling to resolve the conflict between these groups and aid Looker's organization in restoring peace and order to Sinnoh. Although that might get political
    That wouldn't be very good either. Generic villains of the day wouldn't be very threatening or noteworthy. Also, it's hard to create a coherent storyline with that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    I don't know if there would be a power vacuum if it followed Platinum's plot. Mars and Jupiter more or less left since they seemed to be in it for Cyrus, and Charon was arrested. Saturn seems to want to turn Galactic into a legitimate energy research company like what they posed as.
    To the contrary, that's exactly what it would mean if Team Galactic has no interest in remaining the evil team.

G50
    Night Owl G50's Avatar Bulbanews Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

If the Distortion World is put in the possible remakes in several years+, I'd love to see it be less complicated. Going through Platinum, I was hopelessly lost for hours trying to return to the normal world. I'd love to see a more updated and not-confusing set up, with Escape Rope usable. Especially since any remakes will be in full 3D in viewing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by G50 View Post
    If the Distortion World is put in the possible remakes in several years+, I'd love to see it be less complicated. Going through Platinum, I was hopelessly lost for hours trying to return to the normal world. I'd love to see a more updated and not-confusing set up, with Escape Rope usable. Especially since any remakes will be in full 3D in viewing.
    I actually really liked that about the Distortion World. I was more disappointed that you couldn't go back to the main area. They should've had it the other way around, the storyline area be short and simple and the post game area be long and complex.

I think it would be interesting to see a Gen-IV remake now that there is a newly-classified Fairy type, but at the same time, I don't know if Gen-IV remakes can happen for the same reason. There was no Fairy-type back then, and keep in mind, unlike in Gen-II, most pocket monsters that are now Fairy-type were either Normal, or purely another type completely (they are now Fairy as well as their initial type), meaning that if remakes were to be made, gameplay mechanics would be a little different now. I wonder if travelling to other regions would be possible though.

Blog Entries

I think Sinnoh would be entitled for sequels and/or remakes.

Cyrus' ending in Platinum was left more open than an Aromatisse's legs.

Plus, if no Megas are added, I can see every character getting one of the old ones.

Barry: Heracross (Only viable one)
    Roark: Aerodactyl (Loves fossils)
    Gardenia: Venusaur (Lack of others)
    Maylene: Lucario (Duh!)
    Wake: Gyarados/Blastoise (Has one/Makes Gardenia stand out less)
    Fantina: Gengar (Owns Haunter/Gengar)
    Byron: Aggron/Mawile/Scizor (Steel-Types/Has Aggron in rematches)
    Candice: Abonasnow (Duh! And it's the only Ice mega)
    Volkner: Manectric/Ampharos (Electric/Ampharos refers to lighthouse and Jasmine/Manectric is exclusive with Houndour in XY)

Aaron: Scizor/Pinsir (Bugs/Owns Scizor in Platinum)
    Bertha: Tyranitar (Lack of Ground Megas, but evolves from a Ground-Type, similar to Aaron with Drapion)
    Flint: Houndoom/Charizard X/Y (Fits with Gardenia/Houndoom is exclusive with Manectric/Version exclusive mega, perhaps?)
    Lucian: Alakazam/Gardevoir (Psychics/Owns an Alakazam, fits his huge IQ)

Cynthia: Garchomp (BIGGEST DUH EVER!!!!)

Miley Cyrus: Houndoom/Gyarados (Both are Dark-Types, also known as Evil-Type, though Gyarados would steal Lysandre's thunder. Or fire? Idk)

Perhaps Dahila could use M Blaziken? Or is it Darach so uses it? IDK.

You May Mask the Truth, But is the Mask True?

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

If there were to be remakes, I'd say a sequel is more likely. Platinum is already near-perfect on its own, with a lengthy story-mode, offers the most challenging battles (those gym leaders and elite4s were no pushover, as well as Cynthia herself), and has many optional things to do post-game (Battle Frontier).

We don't know what happened to Cyrus after the Galactic finale in the Distortion World. I'd be thrilled if he were to return as a boss again. Or, if Cyrus doesn't return, there's still Saturn who assumed the leader postion when Cyrus was gone.
    And the legendary mascot? Arceus

It's still early for the remakes to happen, but I have a good feeling they will make sequels for DPPt - especially following Platinum.

Living the Pokemon life. Jenneta's Avatar

I'd love to see a sequel, not a remake, to Sinnoh. It's WAY too early for one just quite yet, but it'd still be pretty awesome. :) If Cyrus was to return, or something, I'd be jumping up and down with pure joy and happiness. ;D (Cyrus is my favorite team leader, after all~)
    I'm not sure of the story-line or whatever, but I just need more Sinnoh, that's all I know. >:3
    Norzan likes this.
    3DS Friend Code is: 5215-0992-6785 Friend Safari is Combee, Beautifly, and Venomoth.
    Used to be Dark Type Princess~, now Jenneta and going to keep it that way. :)

Blog Entries

While with Gen 3 i want a remake and not a sequel i definitely want a sequel with Gen 4, it would be awesome if they added Arceus alongside with the Creation Trio in the main story and also some more mega evos to pokemon like Togekiss, Hippowdon and Drapion.
    Jenneta likes this.

Claimer of Garchomp and Steam Eruption

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast