Page 1 of 49 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree472Likes

Thread: The Generation III Remake Discussion

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Default The Generation III Remake Discussion

With the world going absolutely port and remake mad and with the Pokémon franchise itself having released remakes in the past (FireRed/LeafGreen and HeartGold/SoulSilver), demand has obviously kicked up for other games in the series' history to be remade for modern platforms and fans. In the past, we have had a single Remake Discussion thread, but as calls continue and continue, sometimes it's better to neaten things up. This is why we're starting a couple of new threads - this one for the discussion of possible remakes of Generation III games, as well as a separate on for Generation IV. The house-rules are the same as the last thread, but with a couple of new additions:

- Respect other users and their opinion, do not participate in flamewars, and keep discussions civil.
    - Comments that merely state whether or not one wants remakes are considered spam.
    - For the purpose of the discussion, discussion on the validity of remakes or which ones should be prioritised over others is a no-no. Assume that all remakes are going to happen and discuss what new features you would like to see et cetera.
    - Discussion of remakes of games from Generation IV (Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver) and Generation V (Black/White) are a no-no. There is a separate thread for the former and the latter is just silliness.
    - Do not address rulebreakers yourself. Report them and let us moderators deal with it.

Now, play safe, have fun and remember to always wear a helmet, as they'll keep you safe. Failure to comply with these rules will result in spam, or potentially flaming/trolling infractions. Repeated offenders will be dealt with severely.

Registered User Fairy Type Arceus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Generation III Remake Discussion

When they finally do remake these games they need to keep emeralds story line, emeralds battle frontier and emerads rayquaza battle i don't care if groudon remains exclusive to ruby/ passionate ruby ( name i'm going with until official release) or if kyrogre remains exclusive to sapphire/ honest sapphire but the rayquaza battle needs to remain and be extended at least a hyper beam or two, and instead of just looking at kyrogre and groudon stare each other down at them using one move each.

Also they need to make contests bigger and more important maybe like the way the anime used it like it was its own league and have more rewards for winning besides evolving feebas .

and more after game maybe sevvi islands can make a return.
    3ds fc: 3153-4454-8518
    ign: frank

pokedex complete as of 2/6/14

-
    read my fanfic plz: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f227/adveture-sinnoh-region-fanfic-163973/

Blog Entries

Regarding contest stats still being in the games in BW and XY, I thought only the beauty stat carried over from transferred Pokes in BW? I might be misremembering, though. It should be pretty easy to test whether beauty's retained in XY with Feebas's evolution, though even if it is it could have been the only contest stat kept for Feebas's sake.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    I thought only the beauty stat carried over from transferred Pokes in BW?
    I have never heard about this and I doubt that this was researched. Beauty was simply the only thing that could be verified in-game.

I might be misremembering, though. It should be pretty easy to test whether beauty's retained in XY with Feebas's evolution,
    I've asked Serebii to test this, but he hasn't given me an answer yet.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    I have never heard about this and I doubt that this was researched. Beauty was simply the only thing that could be verified in-game.

I might be misremembering, though. It should be pretty easy to test whether beauty's retained in XY with Feebas's evolution,
    if feebas can't evolve from that in x and Y it could just be because they choose to stick with the prism scale by itself or get rid of contests and they will never make a return. with the only exception being fifth gen since it was only one gen ago that contests still existed

-
    read my fanfic plz: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f227/adveture-sinnoh-region-fanfic-163973/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy Type Arceus View Post
    if feebas can't evolve from that in x and Y it could just be because they choose to stick with the prism scale by itself or get rid of contests and they will never make a return. with the only exception being fifth gen since it was only one gen ago that contests still existed
    I don't know about them never making a return, but I certainly don't see them being re-introduced in Generation VI if the stats have just been removed after having been kept for so long.

Blog Entries

I don't know about them never making a return, but I certainly don't see them being re-introduced in Generation VI if the stats have just been removed after having been kept for so long.
    dunno why it didn't make a come back in gen 6 in fact not even the musicals from gen V made it in, it'd suck if instead of contests in gen III remakes we get musicals >.>

-

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

We need to test it out to be sure. When Bank and PokeTransporter is up and running again, I'd really appreciate it if someone transferred over their Max Beauty Feebas and tried evolving it as a test. I'm really curious if it'll work. It COULD work like as in Gen5, so it's still early to say that contest stats are completely gone. If they are still within the game codes, then it's possible we may get RSE remakes - with Contests and PokeBlocks back again.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Chocolate View Post
    When Bank and PokeTransporter is up and running again, I'd really appreciate it if someone transferred over their Max Beauty Feebas and tried evolving it as a test.
    Why can't you do it, though? Aren't you one of the few people here who already have access to Bank?

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

When Bank and PokeTransporter is up and running again, I'd really appreciate it if someone transferred over their Max Beauty Feebas and tried evolving it as a test.
    Why can't you do it, though? Aren't you one of the few people here who already have access to Bank?
    I did, but unfortunately, I don't have the Gen4/Gen3 games to test out the Feebas stats ;_;

Blog Entries

well i tried going through patterns and from what i could find the next games in the pokemon franchise are announced around 7-8 months after release of the previous ones though could only get this as far back as diamond and pearl to xy since every time i looked up when ruby and sapphire was announced i got remake discussions O_O but if this pattern is correct Z/hopefully ruby sapphire remakes will be announced in may or june.

-

Blog Entries

When they finally do remake these games they need to keep emeralds story line, emeralds battle frontier and emerads rayquaza battle i don't care if groudon remains exclusive to ruby/ passionate ruby ( name i'm going with until official release) or if kyrogre remains exclusive to sapphire/ honest sapphire but the rayquaza battle needs to remain and be extended at least a hyper beam or two, and instead of just looking at kyrogre and groudon stare each other down at them using one move each.
    Judging from what they did with the Suicune storyline from HGSS, I'm hoping they will keep the Rayquaza storyline in. I do believe however it will be much harder to incorporate Rayquaza though.

Maybe the PC would need to run to Rayquaza to stop the battle between Kyogre and Groudon. Then the PC will battle Juan (hopefully he is the Water leader). After the Elite Four with Champion as Wallace (again, if they stick with Juan only), Steven would call the PC on the Pokenav to investigate some area's with strange weather. This would lead to the finding and capture/defeat of the box legend, which would then unlock the Battle Frontier.

Also they need to make contests bigger and more important maybe like the way the anime used it like it was its own league and have more rewards for winning besides evolving feebas.
    It would be nice that if the player got to Master rank in each of the 5 competitions, a shiny with Perfect IVs that is best for the rank you got Master for to be given to you.

and more after game maybe sevvi islands can make a return.
    Possibly a Kanto after game. Maybe a Sevvi Island league based on the Orange Island league.
    Ellron likes this.

Blog Entries

I did, but unfortunately, I don't have the Gen4/Gen3 games to test out the Feebas stats ;_;
    Then there are probably several people who could trade such a Feebas to your Generation V game. I'd help, but I don't have a copy of any of the Generation V games.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Then there are probably several people who could trade such a Feebas to your Generation V game. I'd help, but I don't have a copy of any of the Generation V games.
    i have gens II-VI i could help but internal battery in emeralds dead so getting feebas to max beauty would be hard without barries for poke block and i don't think feebas is catch-able in platinum
    They are catchable, but like DP, four fishing spots in Mt. Coronet - so pretty rare. I guess the Feebas test will have to wait till Bank is internationally released.

Blog Entries

i have gens II-VI i could help but internal battery in emeralds dead so getting feebas to max beauty would be hard without barries for poke block and i don't think feebas is catch-able in platinum
    They are catchable, but like DP, four fishing spots in Mt. Coronet - so pretty rare. I guess the Feebas test will have to wait till Bank is internationally released.
    alwell it wouldn't have proven much. but that reminds something else that needs to be fixed make feebas easier to find xD water routes need to have more water pokemon use the ones that are normally under water and add some newer ones.

Page 1 of 49 12311 ... LastLast