With the world going absolutely port and remake mad and with the Pokémon franchise itself having released remakes in the past (FireRed/LeafGreen and HeartGold/SoulSilver), demand has obviously kicked up for other games in the series' history to be remade for modern platforms and fans. In the past, we have had a single Remake Discussion thread, but as calls continue and continue, sometimes it's better to neaten things up. This is why we're starting a couple of new threads - this one for the discussion of possible remakes of Generation III games, as well as a separate on for Generation IV. The house-rules are the same as the last thread, but with a couple of new additions:
- Respect other users and their opinion, do not participate in flamewars, and keep discussions civil.
- Comments that merely state whether or not one wants remakes are considered spam.
- For the purpose of the discussion, discussion on the validity of remakes or which ones should be prioritised over others is a no-no. Assume that all remakes are going to happen and discuss what new features you would like to see et cetera.
- Discussion of remakes of games from Generation IV (Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver) and Generation V (Black/White) are a no-no. There is a separate thread for the former and the latter is just silliness.
- Do not address rulebreakers yourself. Report them and let us moderators deal with it.
Now, play safe, have fun and remember to always wear a helmet, as they'll keep you safe. Failure to comply with these rules will result in spam, or potentially flaming/trolling infractions. Repeated offenders will be dealt with severely.