30 28.57%
  • I hate every gen.

2 1.90%
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Generation is The Best Generation

DCM
    Blog Entries

Default Which Generation is The Best Generation

Simply put, which Generation is the best Generation? All in all, looking at both the flaws and good points of every generation, which one stands out as the best of the four, soon to be five?
    “And as to you life, I reckon you are the leavings of many deaths, No doubt I have died myself ten thousand times before.”

W.W.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Which Generation is The Best Generation

I can't believe I'm saying this but with the fewest flaws, I have to say 1st generation, even with the overpowered Psychic type. 2nd gen is my favorite, bit it has more flaws than 1st, which had a longer playtime, connected the best, and had a great Pokemon list.

Generation 1. :)
    SoulSilver: Riot
    FC: 3910-9912-0155

Blog Entries

For me gen. 1 was the best.
    But then gen. 3 was awesome. I'm tied between the two.
    Vaporeon, Flareon, Jolteon, Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, Glaceon.
    Can only evolve into one...

DCM
    Blog Entries

anyone want to elaborate upon why?
    “And as to you life, I reckon you are the leavings of many deaths, No doubt I have died myself ten thousand times before.”

W.W.

Blog Entries

Well Gen 1. basically because it was the beginning, and has so many memories with it. And eevee!

Gen. 3 because of the plot, and also the ability to dive.
    Vaporeon, Flareon, Jolteon, Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, Glaceon.
    Can only evolve into one...

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Gen 5. Because it's new...

Oh, wait, sorry. Gen IV. Sinnoh was fun and HGSS was even more fun. The best of Gen II and Sinnoh rolled together.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

7tx

I'm gonna go with Gen III. Hoenn is by far my favourite region, and I'm so excited for the possibility of a remake in this coming Gen. Hoenn was diverse, the EV system was set up in an innovative way that has remained to this day, along with abilities and natures, Gen III was the most innovative Gen in my opinion.

Also, Gen III had FrLg. I really loved these games - all that was great about Gen I, without the glitches, an improved battle system, and extra plot and available Pokemon in the Sevii Islands.

I would have said Gen IV, for HGSS, but Pearl was my least favourite game in the series. I hear Platinum was good, and may have made up for this, but I'll never know.

Follow Daxdiv On Twitter

I'm going to be current and say Generation IV, due to the fact that I almost thought about leaving behind Generation III after Ruby, Sapphire, and Colosseum left a bad taste in my mouth, FireRed, and LeafGreen kind of redeemed Gen III for me and I didn't get around to playing Emerald and XD until I was well into Gen IV, but they might have changed my opinions on them seeing as I find Emerald to be fun along with XD being the superior Console game.

But enough about that, I'm going to talk about what I like about Generation IV, it actually made me glad that I didn't quit Pokemon. I like the new battle system. I just love how now a Physical attack is something you have to go up close for, while special is something for a distance. Along with the Villainous team this time around, Galactic was a great upgrade after Aqua and Magma. Then the Gen II remakes also count for me for staying true to Johto games, yet giving us the Pokeathlon, which I find to a be a great mini-game diversion from the main quest. That and some of the Sinnoh Pokemon are awesome in my book, from the new lines, the the new babies, and new evolutions, I think I only dislike one really, and that's about it as far as new Pokemon added go.

I'd have to say Gen 3. It introduced a lot of new champs to the game who play major parts of peoples teams and are just awesome. It was also the first transition from GB to GBA which showed pokemon in a new and improved way.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I'll go with Gen IV. The physical/special split helped out a lot of Pokemon (like Hitmonchan and Kingler), while hindering a few in the process. Some Pokemon also got evolutions, which also helped. I also like the 3D-ish graphics of D/P/Pt/HG/SS.

Hoenn is by far my favorite. I loved the plot so much. The story line behind kyorgre and Groudon. Just worked so well. Especially in Emerald went it became extremely sunny and rainy. LOVED IT. Plus it was the first game I got a level 100 in. Blaziken. Also, The gen three pokemon to me have the best designs. Gen four messed up alot. Just look at Rhyperior and Probopass. The gold and silver remakes would come second.
    Pokemon LeafGreen Nuzlocke: Viridian City

Generation IV, followed closely by Gen III. Coming from someone who has played all the handheld games (except for Sapphire and DP).

Gen IV, especially Platinum. Really the superior game, even to HGSS.
    -An excellent selection of Pokemon ready right from the get-go
    -Improved graphics from DP
    -A rival who grows very challenging, even right after the main-story is done, without being an asshole to do it.
    -A better Battle Frontier, with interesting ways to battle.
    -Saved competitive gameplay with the Physical/Special split
    -A very dark story by Pokemon standards, and the Distortion world and Giratina's involvement with the plot was pretty intense
    -It is so much easier to get all 493 Pokemon, what with the GTS, and meeting people on-line to trade with.
    -Lack of exploitable glitches, a serious plus, really.
    -More Pokemon means more fun!
    -Cyrus being the king of dead sexy.

And as for Gen III...
    -Hoenn is the best region, hands down. The surf and dive routes are very original, and makes the world feel so huge!
    -Mach Bike and Acro Bike for the win! I especially love doing tricks with the Acro bike!
    -Contests are slightly better in Gen III than they were in Gen VI, even though I love dressing my Pokemon and Poffins more.
    -Ruby and Sapphire having different plots gives a pretty good reason to buy both games. It's interesting to see things from a different point of view.
    -May/Brendan and Wally, the friendly rival for a change. It was refreshing and kinda nice to have someone encourage you instead of being an ass.
    -Having the version mascot legendary actually involved with the plot, instead of being just for show, like GS...
    -Battle Frontier makes interesting battles, for serious!
    -More Pokemon, a refreshing start from seeing Rattata and Pidgey everywhere.
    -Maxie being another kind of sexy also helps.

Story-wise, I do know that RBY and GSC weren't bad at all. But as games on their own, especially when compared to the gameplay of RSE and DPPt, they're weak, glitchy, very limited, not very big at all, low-quality, and just altogether inferior. They might be the "best" story wise to someone else, but I highly doubt most gamers today could seriously consider them superior to Gen III and IV without sounding like nostalgic fanboys.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

One and two were the best.

Three was the worst. It was the reason I stopped playing for so long.

Bulbapedia Editorial Board Zesty Cactus's Avatar Bulbapedia Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

My favourite is pretty much Generation III. I actually liked the reboot of the series, I found it refreshing and fun to play. The Hoenn region is great, the music is excellent, and a lot my favourite Pokemon are from third gen :D

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast