• 1 Post By Branellope
  • 1 Post By GliscorMan

Thread: Gen Wars. They Need To Stop.

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL. Branellope's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Branellope On Twitter Add Branellope on Facebook
    Follow Branellope on Tumblr Visit Branellope's Youtube Channel

Default Gen Wars. They Need To Stop.

Before I go on, this isn't an invitation to start a Gen War, or any kind of argument.
    I also can't stress enough that if you stopped playing Pokemon after Gen III, or hate Gen V because of five Pokemon, either don't comment here, or politely explain your reasoning.

Okay, here it goes.
    Pokemon Red and Blue have received remakes. 10 years ago. There is absolutely no reason to play either of them now. Same goes for Gold/Silver. The only reason for anyone to ever play anything pre-Gen III is for nostalgic reasons, which is fair enough, we all do it.
    What I don't understand is how people say Gen III was where Pokemon went downhill. Using Cofagrigus and the Vanillite line as an example of why Gen V and Pokemon in general sucks now. I've got news for you, you grew up.
    I loved the original Digimon series (not even joking), I loved the original Yugioh, I also loved the original Pokemon because I was there from the beginning. I'm sensible, I've remained a part of the Pokemon fanbase, and I don't go to Yugioh or Digimon sites and complain that the franchises are bad now, and that Yugioh got bad with GX (the series was good, I hated Jaden).

It's simple. You cherish your childhood, everyone over 16 does, but don't for one second be under the illusion that you still belong in the fanbase, because you belong here as much as I belong in the Digimon fanbase. You grew out of Pokemon, you have great memories of it, it'd over for you. Done. Finished.
    You're clinging onto your best childhood experiences but at the expense of others. I'm not saying don't ever play or watch Pokemon again, nobody has the place to say that, but I am saying, on behalf of the fandom, leave us alone. This is not your fanbase, it just used to be.

I'm expecting the Gen War will be over with Gen VI, since Genwunners appear to have jumped off a cliff at the sheer sight of this new Mew thing, and actual members of the fanbase outnumber the Genwunners by many.

tldr, if you stopped playing after Ruby and Sapphire, this is not your fanbase. Find another one, stop bothering Pokemon fans.

I'm putting this thread all over the Pokemon community.
    Baka-kun likes this.

[SIZE=5]Check this wicked Pokémon battle AND this EPIC PR video.[SIZE]

I claimed Noivern omg <3

"A good trainer wins despite hinderances" - Serebii
    "I can't drown my demons, they know how to swim" - Bring Me The Horizon - Can You Feel My Heart

Default Re: Gen Wars. They Need To Stop.

The people who dislike one or two Pokemon generations are still Pokemon fans, they just have different opinions, though often they come off as abrasive due to how they push their opinions, but they're just as much entitled to their opinions as we are to ours. I love all of the generations, but I could understand, if I was given a legitimate argument, how one could dislike a certain generation.

People are going to disagree. You're going to get complaining in any fandom.

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL. Branellope's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Branellope On Twitter Add Branellope on Facebook
    Follow Branellope on Tumblr Visit Branellope's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Frost Mage View Post
    The people who dislike one or two Pokemon generations are still Pokemon fans, they just have different opinions, though often they come off as abrasive due to how they push their opinions, but they're just as much entitled to their opinions as we are to ours. I love all of the generations, but I could understand, if I was given a legitimate argument, how one could dislike a certain generation.

People are going to disagree. You're going to get complaining in any fandom.
    But when those one or two Gens and Gen IV and V, you have to wonder. Of course there are legitimate reasons to dislike Gen IV and V. DP are my least favourite Pokemon games, and some people hate DP AND BW. But when their reasoning is that Pokemon is too different, or they're unoriginal, or whatever, then it's totally an invalid point.

And yeah, disagreements will happen everywhere.

[SIZE=5]Check this wicked Pokémon battle AND this EPIC PR video.[SIZE]

I claimed Noivern omg <3

"A good trainer wins despite hinderances" - Serebii
    "I can't drown my demons, they know how to swim" - Bring Me The Horizon - Can You Feel My Heart

Well to those people, do you honestly think that a Pokemon that looks like a Pokeball, and its evolution which is an upside down Pokeball, are more creative than Pokemon made out of garbage? The lesser of two evils, sure, but really?

True Pokémon fans love every region despite subjective favorites and weak points. Imma quote myself here, from a YT video:

Quote Originally Posted by Mami Tomoe
    Personal preference is stating your favorite game is Emerald. Stating Emerald or whatever is the best is merely asking for a genwar, as you'd be taking an opinion as if it were a fact.
    Furthermore, Genwunners and Hoennbabies are usually the worst kind of "fans" (if they can be even called that way) due to their sheer amount of bias and blinding, nostalgia goggles.
    ^Personal opinions: everyone has them. However, don't treat them as facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mami Tomoe
    How can you like a region you've never played before?
    ^ This one happens way more than it should :I

And most importantly the one pic that halts every gen war thread (unless those arguing are too...unintelligent to understand the point).
    483669_391506010946921_1554718984_n.png

Edit: Pokémon was never creative nor original, but has always been able to pull it quite well, imho. Bicolor spheres? Cyclop magnets? Purple jelly? Ice Cream? Trash bags? Countless generic fish?

tl;dr, all gens are either amazing or ass, subjectively.
    Last edited by Mami Tomoe; 11th April 2013 at 02:23 PM.
    I think we should be able to choose the genders of our Pokemon. Better yet, they should choose for themselves.
    They can also choose their orientation for breeding. Imagine the depth.

Blog Entries

Oh, this will end well. Telling people to stop disagreeing and being negative always works, right?

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

Blog Entries

I personally don't understand why people hate on particular generations. Old, or new. I have a favorite generation, sure. But it's not like I think all the ones that are even remotely different are crap. They're just as good, but in different ways.

I don't know if I'd be able to deal with Pokemon in general without my Gliscor or my Zebstrika or my Tropius or my Feraligatr or my Charizard. You see? There's all sorts of Pokemon out there. If you don't like one because it isn't your style, they've got something completely different, too.
    Mami Tomoe likes this.

Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

This thread would be more suitable for a blog entry as it dosen't seem to really inspire much discussion, therefore I'm closing this. Please refrain from use of the word "genwunner" also, as it can be considered an insult to part of the fandom.