SPOILERS: Gen VI Pokemon Discussion - Page 96

View Poll Results: Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

52 36.11%
  • Quilladin

35 24.31%
  • Fennekin

51 35.42%
  • Braixen

53 36.81%
  • Froakie

46 31.94%
  • Frogadier

59 40.97%
  • Fletchling

29 20.14%
  • Talonflame

45 31.25%
  • Pancham

32 22.22%
  • Pangoro

45 31.25%
  • Skiddo

28 19.44%
  • Gogoat

37 25.69%
  • Inkay

28 19.44%
  • Malamar

34 23.61%
  • Litleo

28 19.44%
  • Pyroar

56 38.89%
  • Scatterbug

14 9.72%
  • Spewpa

13 9.03%
  • Vivillon

32 22.22%
  • Helioptile

30 20.83%
  • Flabébé

23 15.97%
  • Skrelp

27 18.75%
  • Clauncher

32 22.22%
  • Noivern

51 35.42%
  • Spritzee

30 20.83%
  • Swirlix

18 12.50%
  • Honedge

36 25.00%
  • Dedenne

27 18.75%
  • Bunnelby

18 12.50%
  • Furfrou

27 18.75%
  • Tyrunt

61 42.36%
  • Amaura

48 33.33%
  • Meowstic

53 36.81%
  • Orotto

30 20.83%
  • Sylveon

47 32.64%
  • Xerneas

59 40.97%
  • Yveltal

41 28.47%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 96 of 348 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146196 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 5214
Like Tree2711Likes

Thread: Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Blog Entries

Default Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    And, really, revealing it so early just adds even more hype and allows GF to mess with us more. I think they have realized that their fanbase likes to speculate, and that's why they revealed so early. That and Gen V was going nowhere in a hurry.
    They also wanted to dispel remake speculation that had nothing to do with their real agenda.

Nice weather we're having SirOni's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It is likely that we won't be receiving any big news updates about XY until E3. I suspect we only got Sylveon this early because of its role in the upcoming short that accompanies the sixteenth movie. Advertising for the movie's Japanese release would have been troublesome because as it goes whatever Japan sees we will also see even though we won't get the movie for a while.
    Caro: 0774-4484-9102

IGN: Antonio

URPG:http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f401/cerony-urpg-66373/

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Edge View Post
    I am talking about how it's wrong to make a major reveal and then to keep publishing things irrelevant to it. Nobody likes idle waiting, and nobody likes being ignored. If they didn't plan on disappointing the fans, they shouldn't reveal it that soon, that's all I'm saying.
    The information they've released recently about Gen VI (I.E. Sylveon) mostly has to do with the upcoming Pokemon movie. It's not irrelevant to be getting more information on the movie, and, once the movie is past, I'm sure we'll be flooded with new, non-movie information about Gen V.
    That movie is about Unova and mostly features Genesect, plus other pokemon from the past. Even though it has the cameo of Sylveon, it didn't show us anything different from what we known about gen 6. And yeah I'm not sure if you intended to be getting at that, but we will be flooded in Gen V still.

And, really, revealing it so early just adds even more hype and allows GF to mess with us more. I think they have realized that their fanbase likes to speculate, and that's why they revealed so early. That and Gen V was going nowhere in a hurry.
    Myself, I do like speculating, but I know there are people who don't. It shows especially in "bashing new/light type" & the whole partial disagreement about types of the 6 revealed pokemon.
    More importantly, we are past speculating now. I'm quite sure that everyone who had an idea he wanted to submit, has already did it by now, in some extent. We are left to wait, and by the time of reveal, some will already forget all the minor ideas that were made. Speculating is alright, but if you add 8 months to it, it starts getting unimportant in the due time.

@Tendou Soujirou
    You're saying "I'm right because I'm right and you're wrong because you're wrong".
    Unlike the other times, this one is said to be kept in extreme secret. They're also breaking the tradition of non-worldwide non-simultaneous release.
    Last edited by Zeb; 29th March 2013 at 10:35 AM. Reason: removing

Default Re: New Pokemon Discussion and Speculation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    But a new Fairy or Forest-type is also possible.
    I'd call it Mystic. It would be the least restricting classification.
    I think Mystic would be too much like Psychic. I just think we should have light type. Is that too boring and general for you guys?
    This could fit Faeries and nymphs and a lot of things with not a lot of restrictions. Especially Sylveon.

Does sylveon look like a dragon? No.
    Does it look like a ghost type? No.
    Does it look like it flies? No.
    Does it look like a Poison type? No.
    Does it look like it could be a Light type? Yes.

I also think this is much more... elemental than the other possible types mentioned.
    Fire, water, ground, grass, electric, dark, and Fairy? (Yes, I know there's other types. I just like elemental ones better.)

No. Light.

Either that, or Sylveon will be normal. Hopefully, with a more masculine normal-type eeveelution to go with it.

Scandal In The Firenation Akira Bond's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Akira Bond on Tumblr

I honestly do not think we'll be receiving any new types. The 17 we have now are enough and the type chart is pretty balanced out. More types aren't necessary, and I don't feel as though Gamefreak would introduce anymore types so late in the series. I could be wrong though, we can only wait and see for now.

Personally though, I'm hoping we won't receive any new types.

The Deceiver Pokemon Team Gaara's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Not to be rude, but how are we to know what a light-type could look like if we've never had one?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Team Gaara View Post
    Not to be rude, but how are we to know what a light-type could look like if we've never had one?
    That and we will never need one?

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." -George S. Patton
    Arceus is a false god. Only science knows the true answer.

It would be interesting if they made a Pokémon that evolves backwards.
    So instead of levelling it up to evolve it, you have to breed it to get its second evolution, and breed that to get the third evolution.
    epicparker likes this.
    White 2 Friend Code: 5201 0308 4915
    White Friend Code: 4255 8449 1191
    Soul Silver Friend Code: 4254 6853 1936

Well, if that doesn't look like what a light type would be, what do you think does?

The Deceiver Pokemon Team Gaara's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by epicparker View Post
    Well, if that doesn't look like what a light type would be, what do you think does?
    That the point, I don't know. I couldn't describe what kind of features a light-type would have. We can't say for sure that Sylveon looks like it could be a light type since we've never seen one. I suppose we can't say that it couldn't be either, though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere Girl View Post
    It would be interesting if they made a Pokémon that evolves backwards.
    So instead of levelling it up to evolve it, you have to breed it to get its second evolution, and breed that to get the third evolution.
    Interesting idea, but that sounds less like backwards evolution and more like one species that can give birth to another related species. Now, if they had a Pokemon with a split evolution that could only be caught in the wild in one evolved form and whose evolution could be reversed to get to the other form, that'd be more like "backwards" evolution.

Blog Entries
    Add Stratago on MySpace

"Devolution Spray" has been around in the TCG since its first set, and I've always thought it'd be interesting as a Status-like effect in battle. many RPGs have Level-Draining spells and abilities.

Also, I think that what epicparker is trying to say is that a 'Holy'-style Type IS missing from Pokemon's list of Types -- but GF wouldn't use a controversial word like 'Holy' for a Type that represents that concept, so the most succinct thing to call it would be 'Light'. The 'Light' Type would not necessarily have anything to do with radiance, color, or anything associated with literal light-waves, and people who only associate the words 'Light Type' with these things are perhaps being too literal. In Kingdom Hearts, Sora/Roxas are Light-Elemental, and it's just a term that means 'the power of good' or some such, and is associated with defense, and zapping undead/unholy/'evil' stuff. There's also the Light Side of the Force, associated with serenity and peace, which seems in-line as well.
    Last edited by Stratago; 29th March 2013 at 04:16 PM.

Smogon: 'Nuff said.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stratago View Post
    "Devolution Spray" has been around in the TCG since its first set, and I've always thought it'd be interesting as a Status-like effect in battle. many RPGs have Level-Draining spells and abilities.

Also, I think that what epicparker is trying to say is that a 'Holy'-style Type IS missing from Pokemon's list of Types -- but GF wouldn't use a controversial word like 'Holy' for a Type that represents that concept, so the most succinct thing to call it would be 'Light'. The 'Light' Type would not necessarily have anything to do with radiance, color, or anything associated with literal light-waves, and people who only associate the words 'Light Type' with these things are perhaps being too literal. In Kingdom Hearts, Sora/Roxas are Light-Elemental, and it's just a term that means 'the power of good' or some such, and is associated with defense, and zapping undead/unholy/'evil' stuff. There's also the Light Side of the Force, associated with serenity and peace, which seems in-line as well.
    In Pokemon, the things you have considered worthy of representing the "Light" type are things that represent Normal or Fighting or Psychic types.

So, yeah.
    RemainsToLinger likes this.

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." -George S. Patton
    Arceus is a false god. Only science knows the true answer.

Registered User BigBadButterfree's Avatar

Even if a possible new type were "light," I feel it would pretty much HAVE to include the aspect of "good," much like dark and evil.

I think it's wrong to look at Sylveon's appearance for its type at the moment... I mean, take umbreon... While it does embody the dark type well, it also has glowing spots, more like what a literal light type would possess.

I'm not really trying to take either side on any argument about type or whatever, just throwin' my 2-cents around.

Blog Entries

I think that while for other Eeveelution there appearance shows their type (ignoring the fact that Sylveon looks pretty fucking normal type to me) Sylveon may have some other factor that deviates it from Eevee. Like having a really high new stat or having a unique and creative ability.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird