SPOILERS: Gen VI Pokemon Discussion - Page 95

View Poll Results: Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

52 36.11%
  • Quilladin

35 24.31%
  • Fennekin

51 35.42%
  • Braixen

53 36.81%
  • Froakie

46 31.94%
  • Frogadier

59 40.97%
  • Fletchling

29 20.14%
  • Talonflame

45 31.25%
  • Pancham

32 22.22%
  • Pangoro

45 31.25%
  • Skiddo

28 19.44%
  • Gogoat

37 25.69%
  • Inkay

28 19.44%
  • Malamar

34 23.61%
  • Litleo

28 19.44%
  • Pyroar

56 38.89%
  • Scatterbug

14 9.72%
  • Spewpa

13 9.03%
  • Vivillon

32 22.22%
  • Helioptile

30 20.83%
  • Flabébé

23 15.97%
  • Skrelp

27 18.75%
  • Clauncher

32 22.22%
  • Noivern

51 35.42%
  • Spritzee

30 20.83%
  • Swirlix

18 12.50%
  • Honedge

36 25.00%
  • Dedenne

27 18.75%
  • Bunnelby

18 12.50%
  • Furfrou

27 18.75%
  • Tyrunt

61 42.36%
  • Amaura

48 33.33%
  • Meowstic

53 36.81%
  • Orotto

30 20.83%
  • Sylveon

47 32.64%
  • Xerneas

59 40.97%
  • Yveltal

41 28.47%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 95 of 348 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 5214
Like Tree2711Likes

Thread: Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Default Re: Gen VI Pokemon Speculation Thread

Sylveon's other names "Nymphia" and "Feelinara" are both making this eeveelution somehow fairy related, and going by precedent (Clefairy and Snubbull) would make Sylveon a normal type. We really don't need a normal type eeveelution so I'm assuming that's not the case. We can rule out fighting, steel, dragon, and poison type with relative confidence based on name and appearance. This leaves us with flying, ghost, and bug type. These three could all fit under the fairy motif in one way or another. It is here that I'm going to say that I think Sylveon is a new type. Mainly because of these (admittedly lack-luster) points. Eeveelutions' names have been up to this point very straight forward so I'm knocking out flying type because the name probably would have been "Aireon" or something. I'm going to disregard ghost type just because I think they probably would have made Sylveon more spooky. Basicly the same thing for bug type as I think they would have made it more buggy looking. Well that's the end of that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rithirh View Post
    Sylveon's other names "Nymphia" and "Feelinara" are both making this eeveelution somehow fairy related, and going by precedent (Clefairy and Snubbull) would make Sylveon a normal type. We really don't need a normal type eeveelution so I'm assuming that's not the case. We can rule out fighting, steel, dragon, and poison type with relative confidence based on name and appearance. This leaves us with flying, ghost, and bug type. These three could all fit under the fairy motif in one way or another. It is here that I'm going to say that I think Sylveon is a new type. Mainly because of these (admittedly lack-luster) points. Eeveelutions' names have been up to this point very straight forward so I'm knocking out flying type because the name probably would have been "Aireon" or something. I'm going to disregard ghost type just because I think they probably would have made Sylveon more spooky. Basicly the same thing for bug type as I think they would have made it more buggy looking. Well that's the end of that.
    They probably would've named Espeon Psycheon or Mindeon and Umbreon Darkeon or Blackeon if names meant anything. ESP isn't really the first thing you think of when you hear the name "Espeon".
    Bug type is highly unlikely, because even though the eyes are... noticeable, I agree with the "more buggy" thing.
    Ghost type... well, Sylveon is kinda creepy, especially when you consider that the ribbons and bows are actually part of its body... along with other Pokemon like Hitmonchan's gloves and Gardevoir and Jynx's dresses.

Add One True Togekiss on Facebook

Default Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

I can only speculate but, I feel like Sylveon will stay normal and evolve with beauty. Possibly bringing the return of poffins?

Quote Originally Posted by Poko907 View Post
    They probably would've named Espeon Psycheon or Mindeon and Umbreon Darkeon or Blackeon if names meant anything. ESP isn't really the first thing you think of when you hear the name "Espeon".
    Bug type is highly unlikely, because even though the eyes are... noticeable, I agree with the "more buggy" thing.
    Ghost type... well, Sylveon is kinda creepy, especially when you consider that the ribbons and bows are actually part of its body... along with other Pokemon like Hitmonchan's gloves and Gardevoir and Jynx's dresses.
    It's not a solid argument, but as I said all the names were pretty obvious for previous eeveelutions. Umbreon was probably the only exception, and that's just because I didn't know what umbra meant when I was nine years old. Now assuming the name "Sylveon" originates from "sylph", that would add credence to it being a flying type, but using an air spirit (or fairies in general) just seems so roundabout when compared to the previous namings. Basically I'm saying "Aireon," or "Zephyreon," or any such (non-fairy) name would make much more sense for a flying type eeveelution.
    To be more specific when talking about ghost type, Sylveon's coloring is just too warm. Shades of pink and blue do not shout spooky or ghost type at all.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Its possible if Sylveon is an existing type they just simply chose to use a different naming style. Yes the other Eeveelutions names are more telling but Im saying maybe they wanted to step outside the box on this one, this is assuming it isn't a new type, which it could be.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Poko907 View Post
    It's not a solid argument, but as I said all the names were pretty obvious for previous eeveelutions. Umbreon was probably the only exception, and that's just because I didn't know what umbra meant when I was nine years old. Now assuming the name "Sylveon" originates from "sylph", that would add credence to it being a flying type, but using an air spirit (or fairies in general) just seems so roundabout when compared to the previous namings. Basically I'm saying "Aireon," or "Zephyreon," or any such (non-fairy) name would make much more sense for a flying type eeveelution.
    To be more specific when talking about ghost type, Sylveon's coloring is just too warm. Shades of pink and blue do not shout spooky or ghost type at all.
    I don't think Sylveon is a Ghost type at all. I guess I forgot to mention that in my post.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I want to talk a bit about the overall aspect of things for Gen 6...

The atmosphere in pokemon industry right now feels to me like nobody cares about XY. Like, the Black and White era was still not showcased enough for them, and they keep acting like Black and White is still a new thing (with the another, new season of Best Wishes).

Is pokemon XY an independent project? Of course it's not, so the pokemon franchise should not be acting like nobody cares anymore now. The atmosphere is as if there was hype over XY, anime looked like it was nearing the end of the Best Wishes part, and then....nothing. They started hyping the Black and White again, old gens, and announced continuation season to Best Wishes suddenly.

And nothing happens toward the XY now, which is only harshly omitted by the company, as if they want us to forget. Why did they reveal the new project in the first place then, I ask? It's not right.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What are you talking about? For the first time ever they did a simultaneous world-wide announcement using Nintendo Direct, which has become the main method of revealing big Nintendo projects even more so than E3. There's no lack of hype for the games at all, and the reason the anime is continuing Best Wishes is because there's still months left before XY comes out, so they're not going to immediately jump into an XY Anime, just like when Black and White were announced we still had the Diamond and Pearl Pokemon League left in the show.

Once the summer months hit, we'll be swimming in new YX information per usual, no one has forgotten XY. Besides, we've only gone one month without any XY information, so there's no big issue.

Nice weather we're having SirOni's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Edge View Post
    I want to talk a bit about the overall aspect of things for Gen 6...

The atmosphere in pokemon industry right now feels to me like nobody cares about XY. Like, the Black and White era was still not showcased enough for them, and they keep acting like Black and White is still a new thing (with the another, new season of Best Wishes).

Is pokemon XY an independent project? Of course it's not, so the pokemon franchise should not be acting like nobody cares anymore now. The atmosphere is as if there was hype over XY, anime looked like it was nearing the end of the Best Wishes part, and then....nothing. They started hyping the Black and White again, old gens, and announced continuation season to Best Wishes suddenly.

And nothing happens toward the XY now, which is only harshly omitted by the company, as if they want us to forget. Why did they reveal the new project in the first place then, I ask? It's not right.
    Considering that we're still in the Gen 5 era since Gen 6 is six months away there's no real concern here.
    Caro: 0774-4484-9102

IGN: Antonio

URPG:http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f401/cerony-urpg-66373/

I too feel like I'm left in the dark about XY news but that's just because we've had the reveal so early this time. Normally they would've announced the games in April. I can't wait to see what this brilliant addition to the series has in store for us.

Blog Entries

also keep in mind that - even though xy is on a worldwide release schedule - japan currently has the rumble wiiu game and the upcoming movie as the "biggest" poké-news for now. rumble and the movie aren't worldwide releases, so news on those don't seem interesting in the us, but they're big big news rn in japan.

i'm not sure how clear i'm being right now, but what i'm trying to say is news seems slow from our perspective because all we have coming up really is x and y, there's other stuff happening that doesn't affect us/seem as important, which makes the lack of xy news more obvious.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tendou Soujirou View Post
    What are you talking about? For the first time ever they did a simultaneous world-wide announcement using Nintendo Direct, which has become the main method of revealing big Nintendo projects even more so than E3. There's no lack of hype for the games at all, and the reason the anime is continuing Best Wishes is because there's still months left before XY comes out, so they're not going to immediately jump into an XY Anime, just like when Black and White were announced we still had the Diamond and Pearl Pokemon League left in the show.

Once the summer months hit, we'll be swimming in new YX information per usual, no one has forgotten XY. Besides, we've only gone one month without any XY information, so there's no big issue.
    I am talking about how it's wrong to make a major reveal and then to keep publishing things irrelevant to it. Nobody likes idle waiting, and nobody likes being ignored. If they didn't plan on disappointing the fans, they shouldn't reveal it that soon, that's all I'm saying.

And don't throw your "swimming in XY info by summer" at me, when I am not allowed to be free thinking by you so it seems.

He didnt throw anything at you. And as said before it has only been one single month withoht XY info. We still have 6-7 months left until the games are released so there is a lot of time left.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tendou Soujirou View Post

I am talking about how it's wrong to make a major reveal and then to keep publishing things irrelevant to it. Nobody likes idle waiting, and nobody likes being ignored. If they didn't plan on disappointing the fans, they shouldn't reveal it that soon, that's all I'm saying.

And don't throw your "swimming in XY info by summer" at me, when I am not allowed to be free thinking by you so it seems.
    I'm not throwing anything at you, because I know I'm right. The summer months are traditionally when major information on new games tend to happen when they're scheduled to be released in Fall.

Blog Entries

The information they've released recently about Gen VI (I.E. Sylveon) mostly has to do with the upcoming Pokemon movie. It's not irrelevant to be getting more information on the movie, and, once the movie is past, I'm sure we'll be flooded with new, non-movie information about Gen V.

And, really, revealing it so early just adds even more hype and allows GF to mess with us more. I think they have realized that their fanbase likes to speculate, and that's why they revealed so early. That and Gen V was going nowhere in a hurry.

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." -George S. Patton
    Arceus is a false god. Only science knows the true answer.