SPOILERS: Gen VI Pokemon Discussion - Page 94

View Poll Results: Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

    52 36.11%
  • Quilladin

    35 24.31%
  • Fennekin

    51 35.42%
  • Braixen

    53 36.81%
  • Froakie

    46 31.94%
  • Frogadier

    59 40.97%
  • Fletchling

    29 20.14%
  • Talonflame

    45 31.25%
  • Pancham

    32 22.22%
  • Pangoro

    45 31.25%
  • Skiddo

    28 19.44%
  • Gogoat

    37 25.69%
  • Inkay

    28 19.44%
  • Malamar

    34 23.61%
  • Litleo

    28 19.44%
  • Pyroar

    56 38.89%
  • Scatterbug

    14 9.72%
  • Spewpa

    13 9.03%
  • Vivillon

    32 22.22%
  • Helioptile

    30 20.83%
  • Flabébé

    23 15.97%
  • Skrelp

    27 18.75%
  • Clauncher

    32 22.22%
  • Noivern

    51 35.42%
  • Spritzee

    30 20.83%
  • Swirlix

    18 12.50%
  • Honedge

    36 25.00%
  • Dedenne

    27 18.75%
  • Bunnelby

    18 12.50%
  • Furfrou

    27 18.75%
  • Tyrunt

    61 42.36%
  • Amaura

    48 33.33%
  • Meowstic

    53 36.81%
  • Orotto

    30 20.83%
  • Sylveon

    47 32.64%
  • Xerneas

    59 40.97%
  • Yveltal

    41 28.47%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 94 of 348 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144194 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 5214
Like Tree2711Likes

Thread: Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

  1. #1396
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Posts
    248
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    You mean your non-ice Pokemon with Ice-type attacks. Because, you know - most Dragons know Flamethrower or Earthquake. Sometimes Superpower, too. So in the end it would come down to whichever of you had the highest Speed stat. Which doesn't necessarily make dragons seem balanced, if they have a 50/50 shot of killing their supposed weakness.
    I mean my Ice pokemon with ice shard, and ice gem as item or leftovers/Sitrus. The fact that they have flamethrower or superpower often means nothing when they have no STAB.

  2. #1397
    From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    In the wind
    Posts
    1,383
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

    The way to balance the Dragon type is really just not adding like a dozen Dragon-type (pseudo)legendaries. (And add other-typed ones to counter the ones that already are there)

    Haxorus, Druddigon, Altaria, and Flygon aren't broken.
    Kingdra and Salamence surely are good, but I don't think in a ridiculously overpowered way either. Kingdra needs a Rain team to work, and Salamence arguably is the weakest of all pseudo-legendaries.


    The rest are pokémon that by design are powerful... and happen to have the Dragon type. Really, the type has the highest average stats because the mayority have over 600 BST.


    Thankfully it seems this trend is getting broken, as neither Xerneas nor Yveltal look like dragon types at first glance. Not saying neither can be, but they certainly look like many other types above that.

    While I'm guessing Sylveon is Normal, a Pokémon of that kind (not super-strong, just an average pokémon) could be a Dragon type and it wouldn't be broken in any way.

    [/overexposition]

  3. #1398
    Akromatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,341

    Default Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Mk-II View Post
    The way to balance the Dragon type is really just not adding like a dozen Dragon-type (pseudo)legendaries. (And add other-typed ones to counter the ones that already are there)

    Haxorus, Druddigon, Altaria, and Flygon aren't broken.
    Kingdra and Salamence surely are good, but I don't think in a ridiculously overpowered way either. Kingdra needs a Rain team to work, and Salamence arguably is the weakest of all pseudo-legendaries.


    The rest are pokémon that by design are powerful... and happen to have the Dragon type. Really, the type has the highest average stats because the mayority have over 600 BST.


    Thankfully it seems this trend is getting broken, as neither Xerneas nor Yveltal look like dragon types at first glance. Not saying neither can be, but they certainly look like many other types above that.

    While I'm guessing Sylveon is Normal, a Pokémon of that kind (not super-strong, just an average pokémon) could be a Dragon type and it wouldn't be broken in any way.
    Zekrom and Reshiram say hi. Remember when Zekrom looked nothing like an Electric/Dragon and Reshiram looked nothing like a Fire/Dragon and they were the Dark(/Dragon) and Light(/Dragon) legendaries we were all waiting for? Yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neptune's Disciple View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AceTogeTrainer View Post
    This is my first time posting so forgive me but i had to jump into this sylveon debate. I have this really wild hypothesis that i would like some input on please!

    well in gen 1 because psychic was so craxy strong they introduced the dark type to counteract it and umbreon was used to introduce the type, and if i remember vaguely because of that umbreon got a bit more screen time and more emphasis on it. I'm thinking that because the dragon type is (debateably) overpowered right now that theyre introducing the fairy type to weigh things out. In mythology dragons tend to portray a violent and destructive magic, while fairies use good and healing magic. They will complement each other well, and all those cutesis pink fluffy cute healing pokemon we all know are stuffed into the normal type will get retyped. We can see that clefable, chansey, audino, etc dont really fit in with herdier, ratticate, slaking etc. so why should they share a type?

    Oh yeah and similar to how we still got espeon in gen 2 if my theory is correct we'll still get a dragon type eeveelution in gen 6. i know this is all wild speculation but id really like some feed back.
    I think Espeon was only typed as psychic because they needed a 'morning' pokemon to counteract the night pokemon, and they'd already taken up fire with Flareon, so Psychic was the next logical choice (you know, with awakening and the like).

    Now that I think of it though, each time they've introduced new Eeveelutions, one has been super-effective against the other, so if we do get the full set for this gen, it will possibly be a type which is either super-effective or weak to Sylveon. Not that that helps us pinpoint Sylveon's type, but just a thought...
    So we have to find a type that has a weakness. That narrows it down a lot.
    Why do they let you reply to your own post? If they can change it to add a button (Edit Post) they can delete two or three (Reply, Reply With Quote, weird button in corner).
    Last edited by Akromatic; 21st March 2013 at 06:10 PM.

  4. #1399
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Posts
    248
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

    We are getting onto offtopic imo and I suggest we stop, but if you also want to hear my 2 cents then here:


    Do we need a new type to counter that? Considering all the work it would take, I say no. Do we need those things to be fixed? Yeah would be nice.
    Last edited by Infinity Edge; 21st March 2013 at 06:16 PM.

  5. #1400
    Akromatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,341

    Default Re: Gen VI Pokemon Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Akira Bond View Post
    I am happy that I find Fennekin to be the best looking starter Pokemon this gen. I love the fire type and that is usually my starter type, although the last couple of generations I've went with grass because it took me a while to 'warm up' to Chimchar and Tepig. After a while I gotten used to those two and didn't they were as weird as I had originally thought. Unfortunately I'm a little vein and like my Pokemon to look good. I loved Fennekin since I first laid eyes on him though and I'm very happy to announce I will definitely be starting with fire, which I generally love doing.

    I also hope that Fennekin will not evolve into a Fire/Fighting type. There have been more Generations with a Fire/Fighting typing than without that typing, and I think it is time Gamefreak stays away from that type combination for a few generations. I would love to see a Fire/Psychic type combination.

    I'm also hoping to see some awesome Dragon Pokemon this generation, as Dragon Pokemon is another of my favourite Pokemon type.

    Finally, I would really love to see Character customisation this generation. I know a lot of others agree with this, and I personally think it would be great to have total customisation over the trainers, if not this gen, then a future gen.
    To be fair, there's been three. Out of two. That's not a whole lot.
    For your second statement (Fennekin counts as one topic) NO. There's a ton of strong Dragon-type powerhouses you can go to. We could fit in one evolutionary line, but that's it.
    For your third statement, YES, YES, YES. There's even a whole topic on this, if you would like to discuss later. See ya!

  6. #1401
    Registered User AceTogeTrainer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Nowhere in Particular
    Posts
    65

    Default Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Akira Bond View Post
    I disagree with a few of you that Dragon type are too overpowered. The Dragon type has better stats overall than any other type, and there are plenty of Dragon type Pokemon with powerful stats, however, this advantage is balanced out well by the fact that Dragon type is ONLY super effective against itself, and no other type in existence as of yet. The Dragon type is also one of two types that can never do any 4x super effective damage to any Pokemon in existence either. Considering these facts, and the fact that a lot of Dragon type Pokemon have a 4x weakness to the Ice type, I'd say the Dragon type is pretty balanced out. Dragons need the high stats to compensate for their lack of super effective damage.

    With that being said, the Dragon type is one of my all time favourite Pokemon types.
    I think with what you said you are mostly right. As a type itself Dragon is balanced but as individuals theyre not because you really have to look at how much coverage they have. Most Dragons learn extremely powerful fire, electric, ice, ground, fighting and rock type moves which end up compensating for their lack of STAB coverage. If there's something their outrage/dragon claw/ Draco meteor cant get rid chances are they have another move that is super effective against it. If ice types suddenly got access to Hydropump or focus blast things would be much different since they could finally try fighting the steels and firetypes that get in their way of sweeping.

    There are other ways they could bring the dragons down a notch like making hydro pump, hurricane, leafblade, and oter moves TMs with good coverage since that makes other types equally versatile. This is all really just conjecture at this point, because GF could have no intentions of toning down the pseudolegendary Dragons, i just think that there might be a new type to oppose dragons and sylveon might just be one
    Last edited by AceTogeTrainer; 21st March 2013 at 07:33 PM.
    VINCIT QUI SE VINCIT


  7. #1402
    like pepsi cola LadySasaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    rainy old england
    Posts
    200

    Default Re: Gen VI Pokemon Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Poko907 View Post
    NO. There's a ton of strong Dragon-type powerhouses you can go to. We could fit in one evolutionary line, but that's it.
    It might sound weird because it's against what dragons are essentially about, but I'd love to see a dragon type or dragon line with average stats. Nothing horrible, but on the other hand not godlike enough to trample Garchomp. Y'know, just a regular pokemon that happens to be a dragon type.

    I believe a lot of the reasons many get irritated with dragons is that they are a teeeeny bit overpowered. If we had one - just one - where you actually had to put in some work and strategy to make it an awesome pokemon, and not just fall back on what GF bless it with, that'd be really cool.

    I breed egg move pokes & DW females.

  8. #1403
    Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,026
    Blog Entries
    341

    Default Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

    That's pretty much what Druddigon is, isn't it...and personally, one of the reasons I like him.

  9. #1404
    Winged man prefers night Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Rage City
    Posts
    1,213
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

    Altaria isn't really strong either...

    Me verás volar por la ciudad de la furia...
    - Pokémon games are like boobs; designed for children, but more enjoyed by adults. (Someone on twitter)

  10. #1405
    Registered User Neptune's Disciple's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    199

    Default Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Poko907 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Neptune's Disciple View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AceTogeTrainer View Post
    This is my first time posting so forgive me but i had to jump into this sylveon debate. I have this really wild hypothesis that i would like some input on please!

    well in gen 1 because psychic was so craxy strong they introduced the dark type to counteract it and umbreon was used to introduce the type, and if i remember vaguely because of that umbreon got a bit more screen time and more emphasis on it. I'm thinking that because the dragon type is (debateably) overpowered right now that theyre introducing the fairy type to weigh things out. In mythology dragons tend to portray a violent and destructive magic, while fairies use good and healing magic. They will complement each other well, and all those cutesis pink fluffy cute healing pokemon we all know are stuffed into the normal type will get retyped. We can see that clefable, chansey, audino, etc dont really fit in with herdier, ratticate, slaking etc. so why should they share a type?

    Oh yeah and similar to how we still got espeon in gen 2 if my theory is correct we'll still get a dragon type eeveelution in gen 6. i know this is all wild speculation but id really like some feed back.
    I think Espeon was only typed as psychic because they needed a 'morning' pokemon to counteract the night pokemon, and they'd already taken up fire with Flareon, so Psychic was the next logical choice (you know, with awakening and the like).

    Now that I think of it though, each time they've introduced new Eeveelutions, one has been super-effective against the other, so if we do get the full set for this gen, it will possibly be a type which is either super-effective or weak to Sylveon. Not that that helps us pinpoint Sylveon's type, but just a thought...
    So we have to find a type that has a weakness. That narrows it down a lot.
    Why do they let you reply to your own post? If they can change it to add a button (Edit Post) they can delete two or three (Reply, Reply With Quote, weird button in corner).
    It was just an observation that I hadn't noticed before, it was hardly meant to be ground-breaking. Weird button in the corner is to quote multiple posts in the one reply easily, I also can't see anyone who double posted, so not sure what you're getting at with the edit button.

    I highly doubt we'll be getting 2 Eeveelutions this gen anyway, IIRC all of the other post-Gen I Eeveelutions have been released in their pair. For what it's worth, my money is on Sylveon being a new type. I can't see them creating a normal-type evolution that looks so drastically different from Eevee, and while it does look quite a lot like other normal types, I wouldn't be surprised if some of those were retyped. For those that think it's flying type, I don't think that GF have departed so far from the 'Flying types are birds' mantra that would warrant a Flying-type Eeveelution looking so abstract. Sure, a Sylph is an air spirit, but a Nymph is not. they are typically more associated with nature, so my bet is more on the mythological side of a Sylph, rather than the air side. We're probably all wrong and it's a dual-typed Bug/Rock 'mon that can fly by firing rainbows from its feet. Who knows, I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

    Quote Originally Posted by LadySasaki View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Poko907 View Post
    NO. There's a ton of strong Dragon-type powerhouses you can go to. We could fit in one evolutionary line, but that's it.
    It might sound weird because it's against what dragons are essentially about, but I'd love to see a dragon type or dragon line with average stats. Nothing horrible, but on the other hand not godlike enough to trample Garchomp. Y'know, just a regular pokemon that happens to be a dragon type.

    I believe a lot of the reasons many get irritated with dragons is that they are a teeeeny bit overpowered. If we had one - just one - where you actually had to put in some work and strategy to make it an awesome pokemon, and not just fall back on what GF bless it with, that'd be really cool.
    Flygon, Druddigon, Kingdra, and Altaria are all examples of Dragons that aren't pseudo-legendary, and as the metagame currently stands, none of them are OU (Kingdra only because of the ban on Drizzle/Swift Swim teams). They all have average stats that aren't out of place for an everyday pokemon, and while their dragon typing certainly gives them a bit of a boost, it's not the be-all and end-all of making a good pokemon. Lets not forget about the non-dragon pseudo-legendaries (Metagross and Tyranitar). Tyranitar constantly ranks highly in the usage tiers for OU, due to its great ability, stat distribution, and move-pool. Metagross certainly saw a drop in usage thanks to team preview cutting its utility as a suicide lead, but it's still clinging on in OU, so it's hardly surprising that the dragon pseudo's see a lot of use. The dragon typing gets used a lot for actual legendaries because the type itself is a thing of legend. All of the other types (with the exception of Ghost and Psychic, depending on your beliefs) are elements or phenomena that occur in the real world. Some of these are more powerful than others (a boulder versus a bug for example), but in terms of mythology, Dragons pretty much come out on top.

    - ND

  11. #1406
    Registered User Jan Jan die Draakman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    67

    Default Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    It was OK for Dragon to be overpowered when only 2 existed in the entire game - Dragonite and Kingdra. Since competitively you can't have dupes on your team.

    Now that you can field an entire team of Dragons, or at least where the majority are dragons, it is very much not OK.
    btw I had a battle a while back one a pokeguru (dragon lover) the other I had a winning streak. So it was the first time I battled their new teams I did knew about the dragon but the other guy made a grass status based team. I won the dragons with like 2/3 pokemon standing and lost the grass team with only beating 2/3 of them. Dragon have a ice weakness that can be exploited especially if known, or even a dragon move on a none-dragon. The status effects from the grass team that caught me by surprise. Over reliance on the one of the most common supper types has its downsides.

    Quote Originally Posted by Neptune's Disciple View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Poko907 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Neptune's Disciple View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AceTogeTrainer View Post
    This is my first time posting so forgive me but i had to jump into this sylveon debate. I have this really wild hypothesis that i would like some input on please!

    well in gen 1 because psychic was so craxy strong they introduced the dark type to counteract it and umbreon was used to introduce the type, and if i remember vaguely because of that umbreon got a bit more screen time and more emphasis on it. I'm thinking that because the dragon type is (debateably) overpowered right now that theyre introducing the fairy type to weigh things out. In mythology dragons tend to portray a violent and destructive magic, while fairies use good and healing magic. They will complement each other well, and all those cutesis pink fluffy cute healing pokemon we all know are stuffed into the normal type will get retyped. We can see that clefable, chansey, audino, etc dont really fit in with herdier, ratticate, slaking etc. so why should they share a type?

    Oh yeah and similar to how we still got espeon in gen 2 if my theory is correct we'll still get a dragon type eeveelution in gen 6. i know this is all wild speculation but id really like some feed back.
    I think Espeon was only typed as psychic because they needed a 'morning' pokemon to counteract the night pokemon, and they'd already taken up fire with Flareon, so Psychic was the next logical choice (you know, with awakening and the like).

    Now that I think of it though, each time they've introduced new Eeveelutions, one has been super-effective against the other, so if we do get the full set for this gen, it will possibly be a type which is either super-effective or weak to Sylveon. Not that that helps us pinpoint Sylveon's type, but just a thought...
    So we have to find a type that has a weakness. That narrows it down a lot.
    Why do they let you reply to your own post? If they can change it to add a button (Edit Post) they can delete two or three (Reply, Reply With Quote, weird button in corner).
    It was just an observation that I hadn't noticed before, it was hardly meant to be ground-breaking. Weird button in the corner is to quote multiple posts in the one reply easily, I also can't see anyone who double posted, so not sure what you're getting at with the edit button.

    I highly doubt we'll be getting 2 Eeveelutions this gen anyway, IIRC all of the other post-Gen I Eeveelutions have been released in their pair. For what it's worth, my money is on Sylveon being a new type. I can't see them creating a normal-type evolution that looks so drastically different from Eevee, and while it does look quite a lot like other normal types, I wouldn't be surprised if some of those were retyped. For those that think it's flying type, I don't think that GF have departed so far from the 'Flying types are birds' mantra that would warrant a Flying-type Eeveelution looking so abstract. Sure, a Sylph is an air spirit, but a Nymph is not. they are typically more associated with nature, so my bet is more on the mythological side of a Sylph, rather than the air side. We're probably all wrong and it's a dual-typed Bug/Rock 'mon that can fly by firing rainbows from its feet. Who knows, I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

    Quote Originally Posted by LadySasaki View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Poko907 View Post
    NO. There's a ton of strong Dragon-type powerhouses you can go to. We could fit in one evolutionary line, but that's it.
    It might sound weird because it's against what dragons are essentially about, but I'd love to see a dragon type or dragon line with average stats. Nothing horrible, but on the other hand not godlike enough to trample Garchomp. Y'know, just a regular pokemon that happens to be a dragon type.

    I believe a lot of the reasons many get irritated with dragons is that they are a teeeeny bit overpowered. If we had one - just one - where you actually had to put in some work and strategy to make it an awesome pokemon, and not just fall back on what GF bless it with, that'd be really cool.
    Flygon, Druddigon, Kingdra, and Altaria are all examples of Dragons that aren't pseudo-legendary, and as the metagame currently stands, none of them are OU (Kingdra only because of the ban on Drizzle/Swift Swim teams). They all have average stats that aren't out of place for an everyday pokemon, and while their dragon typing certainly gives them a bit of a boost, it's not the be-all and end-all of making a good pokemon. Lets not forget about the non-dragon pseudo-legendaries (Metagross and Tyranitar). Tyranitar constantly ranks highly in the usage tiers for OU, due to its great ability, stat distribution, and move-pool. Metagross certainly saw a drop in usage thanks to team preview cutting its utility as a suicide lead, but it's still clinging on in OU, so it's hardly surprising that the dragon pseudo's see a lot of use. The dragon typing gets used a lot for actual legendaries because the type itself is a thing of legend. All of the other types (with the exception of Ghost and Psychic, depending on your beliefs) are elements or phenomena that occur in the real world. Some of these are more powerful than others (a boulder versus a bug for example), but in terms of mythology, Dragons pretty much come out on top.

    - ND
    -About fairies do not see it happening so suggested advantages(I guess dragon for 1) and weaknesses?
    -Why do we need a supper effective counterpart for Sylveon can it not be like on its own. It looks drastically more awesome design than eevee (aka the right way to go for a normal eeveelution). For the imput about flying I honestly hope so since Sylveon type flying imo would degrade type flying as a concept.
    -I like ghost/dark/ice types in general btw. Dragon is supposed to be overpowered and if you want to make the effort of importing all your dragons from other games for such a team, it reflects on yourself as a trainer. That you will pay for in the training since lots of dragon pokemon is weak until the point of final evolution, or for moves that is desired. Having a pure team posses its challenges in the training of them (I want a supper team of one of my fav'd types one day).

  12. #1407
    Akromatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,341

    Default Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Neptune's Disciple View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Poko907 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Neptune's Disciple View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AceTogeTrainer View Post
    This is my first time posting so forgive me but i had to jump into this sylveon debate. I have this really wild hypothesis that i would like some input on please!

    well in gen 1 because psychic was so craxy strong they introduced the dark type to counteract it and umbreon was used to introduce the type, and if i remember vaguely because of that umbreon got a bit more screen time and more emphasis on it. I'm thinking that because the dragon type is (debateably) overpowered right now that theyre introducing the fairy type to weigh things out. In mythology dragons tend to portray a violent and destructive magic, while fairies use good and healing magic. They will complement each other well, and all those cutesis pink fluffy cute healing pokemon we all know are stuffed into the normal type will get retyped. We can see that clefable, chansey, audino, etc dont really fit in with herdier, ratticate, slaking etc. so why should they share a type?

    Oh yeah and similar to how we still got espeon in gen 2 if my theory is correct we'll still get a dragon type eeveelution in gen 6. i know this is all wild speculation but id really like some feed back.
    I think Espeon was only typed as psychic because they needed a 'morning' pokemon to counteract the night pokemon, and they'd already taken up fire with Flareon, so Psychic was the next logical choice (you know, with awakening and the like).

    Now that I think of it though, each time they've introduced new Eeveelutions, one has been super-effective against the other, so if we do get the full set for this gen, it will possibly be a type which is either super-effective or weak to Sylveon. Not that that helps us pinpoint Sylveon's type, but just a thought...
    So we have to find a type that has a weakness. That narrows it down a lot.
    Why do they let you reply to your own post? If they can change it to add a button (Edit Post) they can delete two or three (Reply, Reply With Quote, weird button in corner).
    It was just an observation that I hadn't noticed before, it was hardly meant to be ground-breaking. Weird button in the corner is to quote multiple posts in the one reply easily, I also can't see anyone who double posted, so not sure what you're getting at with the edit button.
    Just talking about it (corner buttons). Not related to the topic, just wondering out loud.

  13. #1408
    Scandal In The Firenation Akira Bond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,109
    Blog Entries
    2

    Follow Akira Bond on Tumblr

    Default Re: Gen VI Pokemon Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Poko907 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Akira Bond View Post
    I am happy that I find Fennekin to be the best looking starter Pokemon this gen. I love the fire type and that is usually my starter type, although the last couple of generations I've went with grass because it took me a while to 'warm up' to Chimchar and Tepig. After a while I gotten used to those two and didn't they were as weird as I had originally thought. Unfortunately I'm a little vein and like my Pokemon to look good. I loved Fennekin since I first laid eyes on him though and I'm very happy to announce I will definitely be starting with fire, which I generally love doing.

    I also hope that Fennekin will not evolve into a Fire/Fighting type. There have been more Generations with a Fire/Fighting typing than without that typing, and I think it is time Gamefreak stays away from that type combination for a few generations. I would love to see a Fire/Psychic type combination.

    I'm also hoping to see some awesome Dragon Pokemon this generation, as Dragon Pokemon is another of my favourite Pokemon type.

    Finally, I would really love to see Character customisation this generation. I know a lot of others agree with this, and I personally think it would be great to have total customisation over the trainers, if not this gen, then a future gen.
    To be fair, there's been three. Out of two. That's not a whole lot.
    For your second statement (Fennekin counts as one topic) NO. There's a ton of strong Dragon-type powerhouses you can go to. We could fit in one evolutionary line, but that's it.
    For your third statement, YES, YES, YES. There's even a whole topic on this, if you would like to discuss later. See ya!
    "To be fair there's been three. Out of two. hat's not a whole lot" I'm sorry I'm a little confused as to what part of my post you're refering to. If it was in regards to fire/fighting type combo, than it is three out of five. And I never said it was a lot, I just said there has been more starter fire Pokemon with that combination than without, and in my opinion, I think we need more without.

    I'm assuming the second part was in referencing the Dragon type. I'm guessing you either are not particularly fond of that type, or you think we have enough Dragon Pokemon. I love Dragon types though and we receive Dragons every generation, so I am hoping a lot of the ones we get, I'll really love.

    I am glad you also hope we'll be seeing character customisation this generation. Many fans really do, and since we've went to the sprite characters to full 3D character models, now would be the perfect time to introduce character customisation.

  14. #1409
    Scandal In The Firenation Akira Bond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,109
    Blog Entries
    2

    Follow Akira Bond on Tumblr

    Default Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by AceTogeTrainer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Akira Bond View Post
    I disagree with a few of you that Dragon type are too overpowered. The Dragon type has better stats overall than any other type, and there are plenty of Dragon type Pokemon with powerful stats, however, this advantage is balanced out well by the fact that Dragon type is ONLY super effective against itself, and no other type in existence as of yet. The Dragon type is also one of two types that can never do any 4x super effective damage to any Pokemon in existence either. Considering these facts, and the fact that a lot of Dragon type Pokemon have a 4x weakness to the Ice type, I'd say the Dragon type is pretty balanced out. Dragons need the high stats to compensate for their lack of super effective damage.

    With that being said, the Dragon type is one of my all time favourite Pokemon types.
    I think with what you said you are mostly right. As a type itself Dragon is balanced but as individuals theyre not because you really have to look at how much coverage they have. Most Dragons learn extremely powerful fire, electric, ice, ground, fighting and rock type moves which end up compensating for their lack of STAB coverage. If there's something their outrage/dragon claw/ Draco meteor cant get rid chances are they have another move that is super effective against it. If ice types suddenly got access to Hydropump or focus blast things would be much different since they could finally try fighting the steels and firetypes that get in their way of sweeping.

    There are other ways they could bring the dragons down a notch like making hydro pump, hurricane, leafblade, and oter moves TMs with good coverage since that makes other types equally versatile. This is all really just conjecture at this point, because GF could have no intentions of toning down the pseudolegendary Dragons, i just think that there might be a new type to oppose dragons and sylveon might just be one
    I understand your point, but it isn't only Dragons that learn a variety of different type moves, and Dragons do not receive STAB for these moves. And even though Dragon Pokemon have a wide variety of different type moves they can use, they can still only learn four, so individually, it doesn't really matter how many different moves they can use, you still have to decide which four moves out of those would work best for your team. Like you said, They have a wide variety of moves to compensate for their lack of STAB coverage, which is just one advantage to help balance out the disadvantage. There are some powerful Dragon Pokemon, but that is the same for every Pokemon type.

    I believe a lot of people think Dragon types are way more overpowered than what they actually are. If you consider all these points I've made, then they really aren't that over powered. Dragons have their strengths and advantages, but they also have quite a few weaknesses and disadvantages to balance them out pretty well.

    On a final note, I believe most Pseudo-legendary Pokemon are Dragon Pokemon because one of the requirements for Pseudo legendaries are a base total stat of 600. Dragon Pokemon get these high stats easily because, like I said, they are only super effective against themselves. They need high stats to make up for their lack of super effective capabilities. Being only super effective against themselves is a very big disadvantage, and that is why many Dragon Pokemon receive high stats, and why many Pseudo legendary Pokemon are Dragons. Giving a base total stat of 600 to any other type would make that Pokemon much more over powered than any Dragon.
    Last edited by Akira Bond; 23rd March 2013 at 04:11 AM.
    Infinity Edge likes this.

  15. #1410
    Registered User RemainsToLinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    Round About in that Location, Maybe
    Posts
    69

    Default Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

    I personally believe it's simply a Flying type. Lack of wings has never meant not Flying type:
    Dodou and Dodrio have no visible wings and there's be (excluding one entry I think) no talk of them having any.
    Gyarados, it's has no wings and is not really 'mystical' more 'you don't wanna make me mad'. It just sort of floats, but nothing visibly is keeping it in the air.
    Hoppip, Skiploom, and Jumpluff float in the wind but once again no wings.
    Mantyke, Mantine have fins not wings. There is a difference.
    Drifloon, Drifblim are balloons so no wings. But I suppose I should exclude this one since it is excusable, though still referencing.
    Rotom (fan-mode) because fans are not really able to fly.
    Shaymin (Sky Forme) I'm sure has been CONSTANTLY brought up.
    And Tornadus, who has no wings or any visible legs. Cloud does kinda make an expection here too, though.

    So there are Pokemon with no wings, so this little Eeveelution could be too. I'm sure that they'll have some explaination for why Flying - if it is Flying - and why no wings. And some will complain, some will go "Oh, that makes sense". And even if there is no given reason...Gyarados just floats and no one says a thing about that so, I'll be a non-issue after a while. Or a butthurt issue to others, but different opinions and such.

    But all of that aside, I don't see any fan-thought-of type having real evidence, so I definately can't side with new type all together. Call me a realist I suppose, but I want evidence before I support something.
    Team Gaara and Venator like this.
    Hmmm...Nope, I can't think of a think for a signature nor do I have any pictures I think would fit.

    End transmission, please.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •