SPOILERS: Gen VI Pokemon Discussion - Page 93

View Poll Results: Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

    52 36.11%
  • Quilladin

    35 24.31%
  • Fennekin

    51 35.42%
  • Braixen

    53 36.81%
  • Froakie

    46 31.94%
  • Frogadier

    59 40.97%
  • Fletchling

    29 20.14%
  • Talonflame

    45 31.25%
  • Pancham

    32 22.22%
  • Pangoro

    45 31.25%
  • Skiddo

    28 19.44%
  • Gogoat

    37 25.69%
  • Inkay

    28 19.44%
  • Malamar

    34 23.61%
  • Litleo

    28 19.44%
  • Pyroar

    56 38.89%
  • Scatterbug

    14 9.72%
  • Spewpa

    13 9.03%
  • Vivillon

    32 22.22%
  • Helioptile

    30 20.83%
  • Flabébé

    23 15.97%
  • Skrelp

    27 18.75%
  • Clauncher

    32 22.22%
  • Noivern

    51 35.42%
  • Spritzee

    30 20.83%
  • Swirlix

    18 12.50%
  • Honedge

    36 25.00%
  • Dedenne

    27 18.75%
  • Bunnelby

    18 12.50%
  • Furfrou

    27 18.75%
  • Tyrunt

    61 42.36%
  • Amaura

    48 33.33%
  • Meowstic

    53 36.81%
  • Orotto

    30 20.83%
  • Sylveon

    47 32.64%
  • Xerneas

    59 40.97%
  • Yveltal

    41 28.47%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 93 of 348 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 5214

Thread: Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

  1. #1381

    Default Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by AceTogeTrainer View Post
    This is my first time posting so forgive me but i had to jump into this sylveon debate. I have this really wild hypothesis that i would like some input on please!

    well in gen 1 because psychic was so craxy strong they introduced the dark type to counteract it and umbreon was used to introduce the type, and if i remember vaguely because of that umbreon got a bit more screen time and more emphasis on it. I'm thinking that because the dragon type is (debateably) overpowered right now that theyre introducing the fairy type to weigh things out. In mythology dragons tend to portray a violent and destructive magic, while fairies use good and healing magic. They will complement each other well, and all those cutesis pink fluffy cute healing pokemon we all know are stuffed into the normal type will get retyped. We can see that clefable, chansey, audino, etc dont really fit in with herdier, ratticate, slaking etc. so why should they share a type?

    Oh yeah and similar to how we still got espeon in gen 2 if my theory is correct we'll still get a dragon type eeveelution in gen 6. i know this is all wild speculation but id really like some feed back.
    I think Espeon was only typed as psychic because they needed a 'morning' pokemon to counteract the night pokemon, and they'd already taken up fire with Flareon, so Psychic was the next logical choice (you know, with awakening and the like).

    Now that I think of it though, each time they've introduced new Eeveelutions, one has been super-effective against the other, so if we do get the full set for this gen, it will possibly be a type which is either super-effective or weak to Sylveon. Not that that helps us pinpoint Sylveon's type, but just a thought...

  2. #1382
    Scandal in the FireNation Akira Bond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Fire Nation
    Posts
    1,275
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Gen VI Pokemon Speculation Thread

    I am happy that I find Fennekin to be the best looking starter Pokemon this gen. I love the fire type and that is usually my starter type, although the last couple of generations I've went with grass because it took me a while to 'warm up' to Chimchar and Tepig. After a while I gotten used to those two and didn't they were as weird as I had originally thought. Unfortunately I'm a little vein and like my Pokemon to look good. I loved Fennekin since I first laid eyes on him though and I'm very happy to announce I will definitely be starting with fire, which I generally love doing.

    I also hope that Fennekin will not evolve into a Fire/Fighting type. There have been more Generations with a Fire/Fighting typing than without that typing, and I think it is time Gamefreak stays away from that type combination for a few generations. I would love to see a Fire/Psychic type combination.

    I'm also hoping to see some awesome Dragon Pokemon this generation, as Dragon Pokemon is another of my favourite Pokemon type.

    Finally, I would really love to see Character customisation this generation. I know a lot of others agree with this, and I personally think it would be great to have total customisation over the trainers, if not this gen, then a future gen.
    Last edited by Akira Bond; 19th March 2013 at 03:38 AM.

  3. #1383
    Registered User AceTogeTrainer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Nowhere in Particular
    Posts
    67

    Default Re: Gen VI Pokemon Speculation Thread

    if sylveon is the fairy type it really should have been named pixieon. it sounds much better and would have been much more obvious and indicative of fairies. but i guess they wanted to confuse us to build up hype... but ive always wondered who is trolling us? Is it gamefreaack or TPCi? whats the difference or are they the same thing?

  4. #1384
    Double Dandy Sakuraa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Konohagakure
    Posts
    764
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

    I don't know about Sylveon's type, but I'm leaning towards flying and normal. Those ribbon features look like they could act as wings and Sylveon has been confimed to be very light. If not, I can easily see it being normal-type since no other type sticks out based on its appearance.

    I don't think there will be a new type since we don't need one. Like AceTogeTrainer said, the steel and dark-types were only introduced because the psychic-type was almost imposible to beat in gen 1 since the all the ghost-types (Ghastly family) were part poison type and there weren't any strong bug-type moves. Dark-types were added to not only be immuned to psychic, but also super-effective. Steel was added to be resistant.

    Also, a lot of people have been saying that they think Sylveon will be a female only evolution, and a male counterpart will be revealed later. I strongly doubt that Sylveon will be female only for several reasons.
    1. First of all, Eevee is male 87.5% of the time, as compared to being female 12.5% of the time. Therefore obtaining Sylveon would be extemely difficult and I doubt game freak would give us a new eeveelution that is difficult to obtain.
    2. The poster for the eevee short has already been revealed along with a few seconds of footage. In that, only Sylveon was shown, without a male counterpart. I doubt they'd go through all of the trouble of doing this if they were just going to release a male counterpart later. The poster also has the movie title on it with each color representing eevee and a different eeveelution. Each eeveelution is their coloring and Sylveon is represented by a bow. There are no other symbols to represent a male counterpart.
    3. It really just makes no sense to introduce a new eeveelution that is female only when this has never been done before. I know people are saying don't base current events on the past, but doesn't even add up. People say Sylveon will be 100% female just because it's pink and looks girly, when several other Pokemon fit this description. Ex. Igglybuff family. I really believe that if Espeon/Umbreon/Leafeon/Glaceon were the new eeveelutions, people would be saying that Espeon and Glaceon were female only while Umbreon and Leafeon were their male-only counterparts just because of their appearances. I say, if Espeon can be a male, so can Sylveon.

  5. #1385
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Posts
    248
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraa View Post
    I don't know about Sylveon's type, but I'm leaning towards flying and normal. Those ribbon features look like they could act as wings and Sylveon has been confimed to be very light. If not, I can easily see it being normal-type since no other type sticks out based on its appearance.

    I don't think there will be a new type since we don't need one. Like AceTogeTrainer said, the steel and dark-types were only introduced because the psychic-type was almost imposible to beat in gen 1 since the all the ghost-types (Ghastly family) were part poison type and there weren't any strong bug-type moves. Dark-types were added to not only be immuned to psychic, but also super-effective. Steel was added to be resistant.
    Weren't the Psychic pokemon weak with their low defense? Abra family's defense is a laughstock, I'm sure that a tanky Rhydon or Snorlax could've threaten it back then. Another case where people went to create new things to deal with something rather than think what could be done with the things they already had. The game not just about Charizard, you know. Not that steel and dark are bad, but seriously, think.

  6. #1386
    Double Dandy Sakuraa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Konohagakure
    Posts
    764
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Edge View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraa View Post
    I don't know about Sylveon's type, but I'm leaning towards flying and normal. Those ribbon features look like they could act as wings and Sylveon has been confimed to be very light. If not, I can easily see it being normal-type since no other type sticks out based on its appearance.

    I don't think there will be a new type since we don't need one. Like AceTogeTrainer said, the steel and dark-types were only introduced because the psychic-type was almost imposible to beat in gen 1 since the all the ghost-types (Ghastly family) were part poison type and there weren't any strong bug-type moves. Dark-types were added to not only be immuned to psychic, but also super-effective. Steel was added to be resistant.
    Weren't the Psychic pokemon weak with their low defense? Abra family's defense is a laughstock, I'm sure that a tanky Rhydon or Snorlax could've threaten it back then. Another case where people went to create new things to deal with something rather than think what could be done with the things they already had. The game not just about Charizard, you know. Not that steel and dark are bad, but seriously, think.
    Psychic-types were also very fast and had high special attack, just like they do now. They could still do serious damage if their opponents were slower than them. Also, the point was that the only types that had advantages over psychic could still easily be defeated by them; which is why I mentioned the Ghastly family and the bug-types with the lack of strong bug moves. This caused the introduction of the 2 new types. However, we don't need any more new types due to the fact that all the types are balanced now.
    Um, I really don't undersand the second part of your response and why you mentioned Charizard since I never did.

  7. #1387
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Posts
    248
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Edge View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraa View Post
    I don't know about Sylveon's type, but I'm leaning towards flying and normal. Those ribbon features look like they could act as wings and Sylveon has been confimed to be very light. If not, I can easily see it being normal-type since no other type sticks out based on its appearance.

    I don't think there will be a new type since we don't need one. Like AceTogeTrainer said, the steel and dark-types were only introduced because the psychic-type was almost imposible to beat in gen 1 since the all the ghost-types (Ghastly family) were part poison type and there weren't any strong bug-type moves. Dark-types were added to not only be immuned to psychic, but also super-effective. Steel was added to be resistant.
    Weren't the Psychic pokemon weak with their low defense? Abra family's defense is a laughstock, I'm sure that a tanky Rhydon or Snorlax could've threaten it back then. Another case where people went to create new things to deal with something rather than think what could be done with the things they already had. The game not just about Charizard, you know. Not that steel and dark are bad, but seriously, think.
    Psychic-types were also very fast and had high special attack, just like they do now. They could still do serious damage if their opponents were slower than them. Also, the point was that the only types that had advantages over psychic could still easily be defeated by them; which is why I mentioned the Ghastly family and the bug-types with the lack of strong bug moves. This caused the introduction of the 2 new types. However, we don't need any more new types due to the fact that all the types are balanced now.
    Um, I really don't undersand the second part of your response and why you mentioned Charizard since I never did.
    I was talking more to the general audience than just you, sorry. Also I didn't want to attack you for Gamefreaks thinking. There were really many things that could counter the Psychic type, even by status ailment if not by damage. But I do share your thinking that game is quite balanced now, and Sylveon has many indications to be a Flying type.

  8. #1388

    Default Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

    Yeah but if that was the case (gengar family being weak to psychic and bug type attacks being too weak), why wouldnt they just introduce good ghost pokemon and strong bug type moves instead of introducing two new types? You cant say that psychic was the only reason for them to make a new type, gamefreak just do what they want. And also, like the others said, dragon is overpowered right now to, just like steel type and fighting type. The type chart is not as balanced as many people say.

  9. #1389
    Double Dandy Sakuraa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Konohagakure
    Posts
    764
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by -Glurak- View Post
    Yeah but if that was the case (gengar family being weak to psychic and bug type attacks being too weak), why wouldnt they just introduce good ghost pokemon and strong bug type moves instead of introducing two new types? You cant say that psychic was the only reason for them to make a new type, gamefreak just do what they want. And also, like the others said, dragon is overpowered right now to, just like steel type and fighting type. The type chart is not as balanced as many people say.
    Okay, then I'll rephase and say that I believe the main reasons for the new types in gen 2 were because of the psychic-type being hard to defeat.

    But I don't see how you think steel, dragon, and fighting-types are all overpowered. Steel has 3 weakness to the common fire, ground, and fighting types, though I understand what you mean if you're speaking in terms of defenses seeing as steel-types resist 11 types. Fighting is weak the the powerful psychic and and flying-types. And most dragons have a double weakness to ice and are weak to dragon moves, most of which are very powerful.

    Anyway, I don't want to get off topic, but lets just end by saying that I doubt that there will be any new types and that I view the type chart as being very balanced.

  10. #1390
    Registered User AceTogeTrainer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Nowhere in Particular
    Posts
    67

    Default Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

    I think there's confusion because we have different opinions of what balanced is. On one hand the charts are balanced because each type has its own set of weaknessess that can be exploited as Sakuraa said. But I think what people mean when they say that the type chart is unbalanced (which IMHO i think it is) is that certain pokemon with amazing stats are overcentralizing the metagame and causing their types to take precedence in a battle over others. Idk if i explained that well, but basically im trying to say that even though the dragon type might not be overpowered in its essence, the fact that gf gave them all massive stats means that the dragon type IS technically overpowered, and the only way to fix an entire type's advantage is by introducing a new type to counteract it! I mean we cant really compare this situation with psychic in gen 1 mostly because so many things were different like how the faster a pokemon is better chance for a critical hit so alakazam was criticalling on like everything... but i digress. dragon was't broken, but the pseudos essentially made it broken so i wouldn't mind a new type to inject some new life into this metagame.

    and tbh steels are only really so popular cause they're the only things that can really stop dragon sweepers, which are essentially the only sweepers u ever see in OU , with the odd exception of breloom and thundurus i believe.
    VINCIT QUI SE VINCIT


  11. #1391

    Default Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by -Glurak- View Post
    Yeah but if that was the case (gengar family being weak to psychic and bug type attacks being too weak), why wouldnt they just introduce good ghost pokemon and strong bug type moves instead of introducing two new types? You cant say that psychic was the only reason for them to make a new type, gamefreak just do what they want. And also, like the others said, dragon is overpowered right now to, just like steel type and fighting type. The type chart is not as balanced as many people say.
    Dragon is overpowered by design (imo the intention). The introduction of steel in effect balanced dragon more. Fighting might have a bit much advantages against other types but that is not so bad compared to how weak type poison is. Thus if no change comes for poison then fighting is balanced enough.

    Quote Originally Posted by AceTogeTrainer View Post
    I think there's confusion because we have different opinions of what balanced is. On one hand the charts are balanced because each type has its own set of weaknessess that can be exploited as Sakuraa said. But I think what people mean when they say that the type chart is unbalanced (which IMHO i think it is) is that certain pokemon with amazing stats are overcentralizing the metagame and causing their types to take precedence in a battle over others. Idk if i explained that well, but basically im trying to say that even though the dragon type might not be overpowered in its essence, the fact that gf gave them all massive stats means that the dragon type IS technically overpowered, and the only way to fix an entire type's advantage is by introducing a new type to counteract it! I mean we cant really compare this situation with psychic in gen 1 mostly because so many things were different like how the faster a pokemon is better chance for a critical hit so alakazam was criticalling on like everything... but i digress. dragon was't broken, but the pseudos essentially made it broken so i wouldn't mind a new type to inject some new life into this metagame.

    and tbh steels are only really so popular cause they're the only things that can really stop dragon sweepers, which are essentially the only sweepers u ever see in OU , with the odd exception of breloom and thundurus i believe.
    Wasn't dragon intended to be a overpowering type... The key new defensive type you leave out is steel's introduction. About the need for new life into the pokemon series, I believe the smooth and more streamlined game play as introduced into gen V is the right way to go. New types so long after any new types would look like a few last breaths of a dying dragon.

    Why was new types introduced into gen II. Dono maybe they wanted to introduce it to balance it or wanted to in gen I but did not. In any case the argument for new types is for me heavily laden as to late. If GR want something like new types rather do it in a more changeable format like new type combos or abilities.

    Lastly I'd be numb stuck if the new eeveelution is not type normal. Dam GF for not bringing new content out of the new game.
    Last edited by Jan Jan die Draakman; 21st March 2013 at 02:10 PM.

  12. #1392

    Default Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

    It was OK for Dragon to be overpowered when only 2 existed in the entire game - Dragonite and Kingdra. Since competitively you can't have dupes on your team.

    Now that you can field an entire team of Dragons, or at least where the majority are dragons, it is very much not OK.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

  13. #1393
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Posts
    248
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    It was OK for Dragon to be overpowered when only 2 existed in the entire game - Dragonite and Kingdra. Since competitively you can't have dupes on your team.

    Now that you can field an entire team of Dragons, or at least where the majority are dragons, it is very much not OK.
    I wish that my opponent would have six Dragons, then I could beat him just with my Ice one.

  14. #1394

    Default Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

    You mean your non-ice Pokemon with Ice-type attacks. Because, you know - most Dragons know Flamethrower or Earthquake. Sometimes Superpower, too. So in the end it would come down to whichever of you had the highest Speed stat. Which doesn't necessarily make dragons seem balanced, if they have a 50/50 shot of killing their supposed weakness.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

  15. #1395
    Scandal in the FireNation Akira Bond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Fire Nation
    Posts
    1,275
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

    I disagree with a few of you that Dragon type are too overpowered. The Dragon type has better stats overall than any other type, and there are plenty of Dragon type Pokemon with powerful stats, however, this advantage is balanced out well by the fact that Dragon type is ONLY super effective against itself, and no other type in existence as of yet. The Dragon type is also one of two types that can never do any 4x super effective damage to any Pokemon in existence either. Considering these facts, and the fact that a lot of Dragon type Pokemon have a 4x weakness to the Ice type, I'd say the Dragon type is pretty balanced out. Dragons need the high stats to compensate for their lack of super effective damage.

    With that being said, the Dragon type is one of my all time favourite Pokemon types.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •