Ok, sorry! :)
Yeah, Chespin seems to be more of the brute, while Froakie could be the specialist starter, with Fennekin being a more balanced choice.
O.K, sorry! I hope the evolution stages of Fennekin are like Renamon from Digimon.
At first I thought Y legendary was far more robotic, but now looking at this pic, the lines also look like blood veins in addition to electric circuits.
I love it. Also I am totally not biased.
Chespin's Japanese name literally translates to "needle-chestnut", so more spikes sounds right to me.
The other Japanese names aren't nearly as telling, with Fennec being approximately "young fox" and Froakie being "croak-matsu" (matsu just being a common last name finisher, usually with the pine tree character)
I just got Chesepin's naming scheme and what not. Chestnut+pin, as in pin missle. Bit slow of me, but yeah. |D
I just got surprised by the news this morning. I was expecting this to be either a total disappointment, or something nice, but not enough.
I'm happy with the way it went. I have an odd feeling that Pokémon is getting away from what it was during past years however, and I don't know if that'll be good or bad for the franchise. I was expecting better names for the games; now it seems that a Z version is pretty much confirmed.
The starters are OK. I just hope that we don't get a Fire/Fighting last evolution for Fennekin.
I'm kinda annoyed we didn't see any pokemon following the PCs in the trailer. BRING WALKING POKEMON BACK GF!!
this is what I think(according to my studying) about the new Pokemon in Pokemon X and Y:
- two evolution line of the first bug Pokemon that is red in color (Ledyba and Kricketot)
- two evolution line of a water type Pokemon based on a mammal (like Marill and Buizel)
- three evolution line of a Pokemon with a flying secondary type (like Hoppip and Starly)
- two evolution line of a pure grass type Pokemon that relies on the sun (like Sunflora and Cherrim)
- reusing of any of the designs/ideas from the previous generations (II or IV for sure)