SPOILERS: Gen VI Pokemon Discussion - Page 6

View Poll Results: Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

    52 36.11%
  • Quilladin

    35 24.31%
  • Fennekin

    51 35.42%
  • Braixen

    53 36.81%
  • Froakie

    46 31.94%
  • Frogadier

    59 40.97%
  • Fletchling

    29 20.14%
  • Talonflame

    45 31.25%
  • Pancham

    32 22.22%
  • Pangoro

    45 31.25%
  • Skiddo

    28 19.44%
  • Gogoat

    37 25.69%
  • Inkay

    28 19.44%
  • Malamar

    34 23.61%
  • Litleo

    28 19.44%
  • Pyroar

    56 38.89%
  • Scatterbug

    14 9.72%
  • Spewpa

    13 9.03%
  • Vivillon

    32 22.22%
  • Helioptile

    30 20.83%
  • Flabébé

    23 15.97%
  • Skrelp

    27 18.75%
  • Clauncher

    32 22.22%
  • Noivern

    51 35.42%
  • Spritzee

    30 20.83%
  • Swirlix

    18 12.50%
  • Honedge

    36 25.00%
  • Dedenne

    27 18.75%
  • Bunnelby

    18 12.50%
  • Furfrou

    27 18.75%
  • Tyrunt

    61 42.36%
  • Amaura

    48 33.33%
  • Meowstic

    53 36.81%
  • Orotto

    30 20.83%
  • Sylveon

    47 32.64%
  • Xerneas

    59 40.97%
  • Yveltal

    41 28.47%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 348 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 5214
Like Tree2711Likes

Thread: Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

  1. #76
    Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    10,991
    Blog Entries
    15
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Gen VI Pokemon Speculation Thread

    @YamiiDenryuu; @Aquanova; You could argue that receiving Pokémon through Mystery Gift is already DLC.

    What people are really speculating on, is whether or not the Mythical Pokémon will be pre-programmed into the games, like what has happened in the past. Now, GameFreak could easily patch the data for a new Pokémon into games via a SpotPass update or something - or even give out Wi-Fi events automatically via SpotPass instead of making us manually go to Mystery Gift.

    Now, will it include paid DLC...who knows?

  2. #77
    Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Genderless
    Posts
    22,017
    Blog Entries
    199
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

    Default Re: Gen VI Pokemon Speculation Thread

    I wouldnt enjoy having to pay just to recieve hidden Pokemon, I pretty much like that they've been free all this time. I hope they dont make us pay for just that kind of thing.

    Having them automatically pick them up via stop pass would be great.

  3. #78
    Infractions Suck Water-noctowl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    137

    Visit Water-noctowl's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Gen VI Pokemon Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El_ View Post
    As for Shaymin that Silktree mentioned, its possible I guess that it might be a representative for Earth (land forme), though Air (Sky forme) isn't a Chinese element, its western. I don't think that anything is necessarily wrong with introducing another pixie, especially since this Gen will allow them to possibly keep it a secret ala Mew via DLC.
    Keeping event Pokémon a secret is as good a reason as any to raise the quality bar as far as I'm concerned. I won't have a problem with another pixie if Game Freak actually make it at as interesting as the first three were. Otherwise, they can do better without adhering to any traditions or perceived themes.
    Yea but somebody can still dig around in the ROM data and learn about it then leak it.
    If you believe in the flying spaghetti monster post this in your sig. Don't just ignore this because he says if you deny me I will deny you in front of the beer volcano.

  4. #79
    Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Genderless
    Posts
    22,017
    Blog Entries
    199
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

    Default Re: Gen VI Pokemon Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Water-noctowl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El_ View Post
    As for Shaymin that Silktree mentioned, its possible I guess that it might be a representative for Earth (land forme), though Air (Sky forme) isn't a Chinese element, its western. I don't think that anything is necessarily wrong with introducing another pixie, especially since this Gen will allow them to possibly keep it a secret ala Mew via DLC.
    Keeping event Pokémon a secret is as good a reason as any to raise the quality bar as far as I'm concerned. I won't have a problem with another pixie if Game Freak actually make it at as interesting as the first three were. Otherwise, they can do better without adhering to any traditions or perceived themes.
    Yea but somebody can still dig around in the ROM data and learn about it then leak it.
    The thinking is that wont be possible because they may not be in the data and will be given out over DLC instead, making them truly secret.

  5. #80
    Infractions Suck Water-noctowl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    137

    Visit Water-noctowl's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Gen VI Pokemon Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquanova View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Water-noctowl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El_ View Post
    As for Shaymin that Silktree mentioned, its possible I guess that it might be a representative for Earth (land forme), though Air (Sky forme) isn't a Chinese element, its western. I don't think that anything is necessarily wrong with introducing another pixie, especially since this Gen will allow them to possibly keep it a secret ala Mew via DLC.
    Keeping event Pokémon a secret is as good a reason as any to raise the quality bar as far as I'm concerned. I won't have a problem with another pixie if Game Freak actually make it at as interesting as the first three were. Otherwise, they can do better without adhering to any traditions or perceived themes.
    Yea but somebody can still dig around in the ROM data and learn about it then leak it.
    The thinking is that wont be possible because they may not be in the data and will be given out over DLC instead, making them truly secret.
    What is DLC?
    If you believe in the flying spaghetti monster post this in your sig. Don't just ignore this because he says if you deny me I will deny you in front of the beer volcano.

  6. #81
    Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Genderless
    Posts
    22,017
    Blog Entries
    199
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

    Default Re: Gen VI Pokemon Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Water-noctowl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquanova View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Water-noctowl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El_ View Post
    As for Shaymin that Silktree mentioned, its possible I guess that it might be a representative for Earth (land forme), though Air (Sky forme) isn't a Chinese element, its western. I don't think that anything is necessarily wrong with introducing another pixie, especially since this Gen will allow them to possibly keep it a secret ala Mew via DLC.
    Keeping event Pokémon a secret is as good a reason as any to raise the quality bar as far as I'm concerned. I won't have a problem with another pixie if Game Freak actually make it at as interesting as the first three were. Otherwise, they can do better without adhering to any traditions or perceived themes.
    Yea but somebody can still dig around in the ROM data and learn about it then leak it.
    The thinking is that wont be possible because they may not be in the data and will be given out over DLC instead, making them truly secret.
    What is DLC?
    Downloadable Content. Content could be added to the games by downloading it, which Game Freak/TCPi may use for future games. There is DLC for the new Mystery Dungeon game for example.
    S.S. Shadow Minun likes this.

  7. #82
    Infractions Suck Water-noctowl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    137

    Visit Water-noctowl's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Gen VI Pokemon Speculation Thread

    Well Keldo was leaked 2 days before it was officially announced so is it really that big of a deal.
    If you believe in the flying spaghetti monster post this in your sig. Don't just ignore this because he says if you deny me I will deny you in front of the beer volcano.

  8. #83
    Zeb
    Zeb is offline
    making a splash Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    England
    Posts
    7,808
    Blog Entries
    138

    Follow Zeb on Tumblr

    Default Re: Gen VI Pokemon Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Water-noctowl View Post
    Well Keldo was leaked 2 days before it was officially announced so is it really that big of a deal.
    Keldeo was "leaked" seventeen months prior to its official reveal--when BW were released--not two days. Big difference.
    Owain likes this.
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

  9. #84
    Registered User Articwolf10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Bramwell, West Virginia
    Posts
    2,205
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Gen VI Pokemon Speculation Thread

    Yeah we knew about Keldeo, Genesect and Meloetta right after B/W were released now Resolution Keledo we didn't know about until the movie but Keledo himself was found out right from the start... if a Pokemon was DLC we wouldn't find out about them until Nintendo wanted us to. but we'll find out very soon
    Last edited by Articwolf10; 1st January 2013 at 04:47 PM.
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

  10. #85
    El_
    El_ is offline
    Registered User El_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    N's Puzzle Cube
    Posts
    1,440
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: Gen VI Pokemon Speculation Thread

    Yeah, DLC presents the opportunity to go back to the early days of Gen 1 Mew (lets not forget the "Pokegods" lmao), where things concerning mythical Pokemon were rumor and word of mouth.

    We won't even know when the Pokedex ends with this kind of secrecy, so predicting when the Generation ends by extent will be much harder to determine. Only question is, is Game Freak intelligent enough to actually do it? It would seem ideal to me at least, since this will bring back much needed mystery and excitement concerning event Pokemon.

    Also means they won't need a bunch of formes to get us excited about legendaries anymore.

    N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

  11. #86
    Registered User scarlettpeony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    139

    Follow scarlettpeony on Tumblr

    Default Re: Gen VI Pokemon Speculation Thread

    The thing is with hacking it is very difficult to keep anything a secret anymore. So if there are new Pokemon being revealed soon, they'll probably be for the Generation VI. That isn't to say, of course, that Generation VI will even be kicking off any time soon. It might be at the end of this brand new year... and the Generation won't officially being until the new dual game titles come out.

    As for speculation on what is to come, I predict that they will try and combine the good points of the last two generations into one mega game. There is no denying that we all loved the boost from the evolutions of older Pokemon (Togekiss in particular was heaven sent), so we can probably expect them to go down that route. Definitely I see some more Eeveelutions on the horizon. They won't stop with those until there's one for every type, and I won't complain about that. :)

    If they want to take Pokemon in a fresh direction, then we should certainly expect to see less third installments and more sequels that maybe follow a storyline than fans can follow and so on. I can't deny that BW2 was much better than getting a Grey version after the original BW.

  12. #87
    Simpler times ahead
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,366
    Blog Entries
    164

    Default Re: Gen VI Pokemon Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by El_ View Post
    Yeah, DLC presents the opportunity to go back to the early days of Gen 1 Mew (lets not forget the "Pokegods" lmao), where things concerning mythical Pokemon were rumor and word of mouth.

    We won't even know when the Pokedex ends with this kind of secrecy, so predicting when the Generation ends by extent will be much harder to determine. Only question is, is Game Freak intelligent enough to actually do it? It would seem ideal to me at least, since this will bring back much needed mystery and excitement concerning event Pokemon.

    Also means they won't need a bunch of formes to get us excited about legendaries anymore.
    I'm pretty sure GF realizes that Pokemon wise they've got us by the balls when it comes to secrecy, considering how the 3DS is almost full proof, and the likes of this gen and last when it came to knowing everything are gonna be non existent in gen 6. Not only for the Pokemon, but I'll be willing to bet that gen 6 in general shall remain a mystery on whether we know everything or not, at least until the guides come out. Its gonna be an uphill battle for fansites, that's for sure.

  13. #88
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Hull, UK
    Posts
    137

    Default Re: Gen VI Pokemon Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El_ View Post
    Yeah, DLC presents the opportunity to go back to the early days of Gen 1 Mew (lets not forget the "Pokegods" lmao), where things concerning mythical Pokemon were rumor and word of mouth.

    We won't even know when the Pokedex ends with this kind of secrecy, so predicting when the Generation ends by extent will be much harder to determine. Only question is, is Game Freak intelligent enough to actually do it? It would seem ideal to me at least, since this will bring back much needed mystery and excitement concerning event Pokemon.

    Also means they won't need a bunch of formes to get us excited about legendaries anymore.
    I'm pretty sure GF realizes that Pokemon wise they've got us by the balls when it comes to secrecy, considering how the 3DS is almost full proof, and the likes of this gen and last when it came to knowing everything are gonna be non existent in gen 6. Not only for the Pokemon, but I'll be willing to bet that gen 6 in general shall remain a mystery on whether we know everything or not, at least until the guides come out. Its gonna be an uphill battle for fansites, that's for sure.
    Got that right, the 3DS's security is watertight. That's the reason there isn't an emulator for the format, because it's bios and firmware cannot be hacked into. And I believe nobody's cracked the roms' encryption either. Getting decent screenshots and sprites will be a tough ask, let alone discovering things like stats and hidden character data.

    The Pokedex though, does have a version on pokemon.com, so identifying it's endpoint ought to still be doable, even if the last few spots' occupants cannot be identified.
    Owain likes this.

  14. #89
    Simpler times ahead
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,366
    Blog Entries
    164

    Default Re: Gen VI Pokemon Speculation Thread

    Good god that's right, stat wise its gonna be a versatile nightmare of epic proportions. I wanna know how the hell IV's and EV's are gonna be calculated, considering how there won't be a logical way to get base stats. Unless of course guides have them already, or will in the future. Even more, I think we're in for an overhaul, if not a major introduction of them being shown for the first time in-game. How that will work though, I have no idea.

  15. #90
    Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Genderless
    Posts
    22,017
    Blog Entries
    199
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

    Default New Pokemon Discussion and Speculation

    Discuss the revealed new Pokemon of Pokemon X and Y and speculate about others here.

    Well we know that the starters of Pokemon X and Y were revealed, as always they were Grass, Fire and Water type.

    Another Pokemon was also shown, a Pokemon that was shaped like a Y its highly possible to be a legendary.

    Discuss these new Pokemon and what others may be included.

Page 6 of 348 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •