SPOILERS: Gen VI Pokemon Discussion - Page 6

View Poll Results: Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

52 36.11%
  • Quilladin

35 24.31%
  • Fennekin

51 35.42%
  • Braixen

53 36.81%
  • Froakie

46 31.94%
  • Frogadier

59 40.97%
  • Fletchling

29 20.14%
  • Talonflame

45 31.25%
  • Pancham

32 22.22%
  • Pangoro

45 31.25%
  • Skiddo

28 19.44%
  • Gogoat

37 25.69%
  • Inkay

28 19.44%
  • Malamar

34 23.61%
  • Litleo

28 19.44%
  • Pyroar

56 38.89%
  • Scatterbug

14 9.72%
  • Spewpa

13 9.03%
  • Vivillon

32 22.22%
  • Helioptile

30 20.83%
  • Flabébé

23 15.97%
  • Skrelp

27 18.75%
  • Clauncher

32 22.22%
  • Noivern

51 35.42%
  • Spritzee

30 20.83%
  • Swirlix

18 12.50%
  • Honedge

36 25.00%
  • Dedenne

27 18.75%
  • Bunnelby

18 12.50%
  • Furfrou

27 18.75%
  • Tyrunt

61 42.36%
  • Amaura

48 33.33%
  • Meowstic

53 36.81%
  • Orotto

30 20.83%
  • Sylveon

47 32.64%
  • Xerneas

59 40.97%
  • Yveltal

41 28.47%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 348 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast
Like Tree2711Likes

Thread: Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Gen VI Pokemon Speculation Thread

@YamiiDenryuu; @Aquanova; You could argue that receiving Pokémon through Mystery Gift is already DLC.

What people are really speculating on, is whether or not the Mythical Pokémon will be pre-programmed into the games, like what has happened in the past. Now, GameFreak could easily patch the data for a new Pokémon into games via a SpotPass update or something - or even give out Wi-Fi events automatically via SpotPass instead of making us manually go to Mystery Gift.

Now, will it include paid DLC...who knows?

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

I wouldnt enjoy having to pay just to recieve hidden Pokemon, I pretty much like that they've been free all this time. I hope they dont make us pay for just that kind of thing.

Having them automatically pick them up via stop pass would be great.

Visit Water-noctowl's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El_ View Post
    As for Shaymin that Silktree mentioned, its possible I guess that it might be a representative for Earth (land forme), though Air (Sky forme) isn't a Chinese element, its western. I don't think that anything is necessarily wrong with introducing another pixie, especially since this Gen will allow them to possibly keep it a secret ala Mew via DLC.
    Keeping event Pokémon a secret is as good a reason as any to raise the quality bar as far as I'm concerned. I won't have a problem with another pixie if Game Freak actually make it at as interesting as the first three were. Otherwise, they can do better without adhering to any traditions or perceived themes.
    Yea but somebody can still dig around in the ROM data and learn about it then leak it.
    If you believe in the flying spaghetti monster post this in your sig. Don't just ignore this because he says if you deny me I will deny you in front of the beer volcano.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Water-noctowl View Post
    As for Shaymin that Silktree mentioned, its possible I guess that it might be a representative for Earth (land forme), though Air (Sky forme) isn't a Chinese element, its western. I don't think that anything is necessarily wrong with introducing another pixie, especially since this Gen will allow them to possibly keep it a secret ala Mew via DLC.
    Keeping event Pokémon a secret is as good a reason as any to raise the quality bar as far as I'm concerned. I won't have a problem with another pixie if Game Freak actually make it at as interesting as the first three were. Otherwise, they can do better without adhering to any traditions or perceived themes.
    Yea but somebody can still dig around in the ROM data and learn about it then leak it.
    The thinking is that wont be possible because they may not be in the data and will be given out over DLC instead, making them truly secret.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquanova View Post
    The thinking is that wont be possible because they may not be in the data and will be given out over DLC instead, making them truly secret.
    What is DLC?
    If you believe in the flying spaghetti monster post this in your sig. Don't just ignore this because he says if you deny me I will deny you in front of the beer volcano.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aquanova View Post
    What is DLC?
    Downloadable Content. Content could be added to the games by downloading it, which Game Freak/TCPi may use for future games. There is DLC for the new Mystery Dungeon game for example.
    S.S. Shadow Minun likes this.

Well Keldo was leaked 2 days before it was officially announced so is it really that big of a deal.

Zeb
    making a splash Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

Well Keldo was leaked 2 days before it was officially announced so is it really that big of a deal.
    Keldeo was "leaked" seventeen months prior to its official reveal--when BW were released--not two days. Big difference.
    Owain likes this.
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

Blog Entries

Yeah we knew about Keldeo, Genesect and Meloetta right after B/W were released now Resolution Keledo we didn't know about until the movie but Keledo himself was found out right from the start... if a Pokemon was DLC we wouldn't find out about them until Nintendo wanted us to. but we'll find out very soon
    Last edited by Articwolf10; 1st January 2013 at 04:47 PM.
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

El_
    Blog Entries

Yeah, DLC presents the opportunity to go back to the early days of Gen 1 Mew (lets not forget the "Pokegods" lmao), where things concerning mythical Pokemon were rumor and word of mouth.

We won't even know when the Pokedex ends with this kind of secrecy, so predicting when the Generation ends by extent will be much harder to determine. Only question is, is Game Freak intelligent enough to actually do it? It would seem ideal to me at least, since this will bring back much needed mystery and excitement concerning event Pokemon.

Also means they won't need a bunch of formes to get us excited about legendaries anymore.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Follow scarlettpeony on Tumblr

The thing is with hacking it is very difficult to keep anything a secret anymore. So if there are new Pokemon being revealed soon, they'll probably be for the Generation VI. That isn't to say, of course, that Generation VI will even be kicking off any time soon. It might be at the end of this brand new year... and the Generation won't officially being until the new dual game titles come out.

As for speculation on what is to come, I predict that they will try and combine the good points of the last two generations into one mega game. There is no denying that we all loved the boost from the evolutions of older Pokemon (Togekiss in particular was heaven sent), so we can probably expect them to go down that route. Definitely I see some more Eeveelutions on the horizon. They won't stop with those until there's one for every type, and I won't complain about that. :)

If they want to take Pokemon in a fresh direction, then we should certainly expect to see less third installments and more sequels that maybe follow a storyline than fans can follow and so on. I can't deny that BW2 was much better than getting a Grey version after the original BW.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Yeah, DLC presents the opportunity to go back to the early days of Gen 1 Mew (lets not forget the "Pokegods" lmao), where things concerning mythical Pokemon were rumor and word of mouth.

We won't even know when the Pokedex ends with this kind of secrecy, so predicting when the Generation ends by extent will be much harder to determine. Only question is, is Game Freak intelligent enough to actually do it? It would seem ideal to me at least, since this will bring back much needed mystery and excitement concerning event Pokemon.

Also means they won't need a bunch of formes to get us excited about legendaries anymore.
    I'm pretty sure GF realizes that Pokemon wise they've got us by the balls when it comes to secrecy, considering how the 3DS is almost full proof, and the likes of this gen and last when it came to knowing everything are gonna be non existent in gen 6. Not only for the Pokemon, but I'll be willing to bet that gen 6 in general shall remain a mystery on whether we know everything or not, at least until the guides come out. Its gonna be an uphill battle for fansites, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchman View Post

I'm pretty sure GF realizes that Pokemon wise they've got us by the balls when it comes to secrecy, considering how the 3DS is almost full proof, and the likes of this gen and last when it came to knowing everything are gonna be non existent in gen 6. Not only for the Pokemon, but I'll be willing to bet that gen 6 in general shall remain a mystery on whether we know everything or not, at least until the guides come out. Its gonna be an uphill battle for fansites, that's for sure.
    Got that right, the 3DS's security is watertight. That's the reason there isn't an emulator for the format, because it's bios and firmware cannot be hacked into. And I believe nobody's cracked the roms' encryption either. Getting decent screenshots and sprites will be a tough ask, let alone discovering things like stats and hidden character data.

The Pokedex though, does have a version on pokemon.com, so identifying it's endpoint ought to still be doable, even if the last few spots' occupants cannot be identified.
    Owain likes this.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Good god that's right, stat wise its gonna be a versatile nightmare of epic proportions. I wanna know how the hell IV's and EV's are gonna be calculated, considering how there won't be a logical way to get base stats. Unless of course guides have them already, or will in the future. Even more, I think we're in for an overhaul, if not a major introduction of them being shown for the first time in-game. How that will work though, I have no idea.

Blog Entries

Default New Pokemon Discussion and Speculation

Discuss the revealed new Pokemon of Pokemon X and Y and speculate about others here.

Well we know that the starters of Pokemon X and Y were revealed, as always they were Grass, Fire and Water type.

Another Pokemon was also shown, a Pokemon that was shaped like a Y its highly possible to be a legendary.

Discuss these new Pokemon and what others may be included.

Page 6 of 348 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast