SPOILERS: Gen VI Pokemon Discussion - Page 54

View Poll Results: Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

52 36.11%
  • Quilladin

35 24.31%
  • Fennekin

51 35.42%
  • Braixen

53 36.81%
  • Froakie

46 31.94%
  • Frogadier

59 40.97%
  • Fletchling

29 20.14%
  • Talonflame

45 31.25%
  • Pancham

32 22.22%
  • Pangoro

45 31.25%
  • Skiddo

28 19.44%
  • Gogoat

37 25.69%
  • Inkay

28 19.44%
  • Malamar

34 23.61%
  • Litleo

28 19.44%
  • Pyroar

56 38.89%
  • Scatterbug

14 9.72%
  • Spewpa

13 9.03%
  • Vivillon

32 22.22%
  • Helioptile

30 20.83%
  • Flabébé

23 15.97%
  • Skrelp

27 18.75%
  • Clauncher

32 22.22%
  • Noivern

51 35.42%
  • Spritzee

30 20.83%
  • Swirlix

18 12.50%
  • Honedge

36 25.00%
  • Dedenne

27 18.75%
  • Bunnelby

18 12.50%
  • Furfrou

27 18.75%
  • Tyrunt

61 42.36%
  • Amaura

48 33.33%
  • Meowstic

53 36.81%
  • Orotto

30 20.83%
  • Sylveon

47 32.64%
  • Xerneas

59 40.97%
  • Yveltal

41 28.47%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 54 of 348 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast

Thread: Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

Default Re: New Pokemon Discussion and Speculation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Warrior View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Serperior View Post
    Oh yes, clearly an animé screenshot proves that.

The point was that Sylveon was the only one with visible fangs, THAT WAS DEPICTED IN THE ARTWORK, therefore a point of difference from it's siblings. Not Umbreon and neither his other siblings have been depicted with attention to their fangs, except for Sylveon.
    It's not just an anime screenshot. Umbreon is always shown with fangs. Just because there is no artwork showing Umbreon with it's mouth open, it doesn't mean Sylveon is the only one that has them. And I don't think they they were trying to draw attention to its fangs in the artwork, it's just "smiling" like Eevee does.

Quote Originally Posted by Chespin View Post
    While the fang thing surely isn't something notable, it can't be coincidental that the only other Eeveelution with visible fangs is the dark type one. I know the others likely have them too, but eh, nothing is sure till confirmed.
    Apparently the other eeveelutions, other than Umbreon, have never been depicted with fangs. Still, I doubt it means anything. Fennekin has fangs. A bunch of other feline and canine Pokemon have fangs. What's the big deal?
    First of all, I didn't say the others didn't have fangs, I just said Sylveon is the onlly one that is depicted with them showing in every promotional artwork so far.

And there IS no big deal about the fangs, people, including me, just said they could represent the Dragon-Type, and they can, if they do or not we don't know, it's just a speculation, it's not a confirmation or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    and Psychic is pretty much a catch-all type... Reuiniclus is a homoculi and Gothorita is based around astrology a type of mysticism also (Magic)Trick
    Some mystic creatures have paranormal powers, but certainly not all of them. Those can't be represented by the Psychic type. I don't see how either Gothorita (I see no connection to astrology) or Reuniclus (which bears a much more obvious reference to cells) can be considered mystic creatures.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chespin View Post
    While the fang thing surely isn't something notable, it can't be coincidental that the only other Eeveelution with visible fangs is the dark type one. I know the others likely have them too, but eh, nothing is sure till confirmed.
    Apparently the other eeveelutions, other than Umbreon, have never been depicted with fangs. Still, I doubt it means anything. Fennekin has fangs. A bunch of other feline and canine Pokemon have fangs. What's the big deal?
    Nothing, really, at least for me. I'm just saying that cause Umbreon was the only one showed with fangs, and its the dark type, it could be an indication as to why this one is also shown with fangs in correlation with its type.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky505 View Post
    I don't think that first move was double edge honestly.
    To me it feels more like close combat.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Gothorita-line DOES have an astrology motif, though, it's mentioned throughout their Pokedex entries. But astrology is a form of divination, thus it fits the Psychic-type.

I don't think Reuniclus is specifically a homunculi, I think people thought that back where it was first revealed and people thought the "culus" in Ranculus was from homunculus, when it's probably meant to be from nucleus, which the English name makes clearer.
    Yu-Gi-Oh!
    Duel Monsters Sengoku!

An original Yu-Gi-Oh Fanfic! Join Yuto Masamune and his Imperial Monster Patch-Eye Dragon as they take on Sengoku Academy!

Current Chapter -Turn 2: One-Eyed Duelist, One-Eyed Dragon! Impress Summon, [Patch-Eye Dragon]!

Yuto continues his Duel against Shisa, a delinquent who calls himself a "Chain Duelist!". Just then, as Shisa's strong offense and defense overwhelms Yuto, a new type of summon occurs!

Quote Originally Posted by Quattro ~ Bajeena
    Of revealed Pokemon, Xerneas and Sylveon. Xerneas I see as being a mythical fair-folk guardian, and Sylveon, well, that's what inspired the idea.
    This is why I take issue with the Fairy name. It should be something more general, like Mystic, so that it can be applied to the likes of Xerneas and even Yveltal. I don't see Xerneas having a new type while Yveltal didn't.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    and Psychic is pretty much a catch-all type... Reuiniclus is a homoculi and Gothorita is based around astrology a type of mysticism also (Magic)Trick
    Some mystic creatures have paranormal powers, but certainly not all of them. Those can't be represented by the Psychic type. I don't see how either Gothorita (I see no connection to astrology) or Reuniclus (which bears a much more obvious reference to cells) can be considered mystic creatures.
    Reuniclus Homoclus... it's name is a hint... it's based on both cells and the homoculi...

And read her Dex... the Gothorita line is associated with stars (using them to see the future isn't that the definition of Astrology? (Or is it Astronomy?))

but Sylveon being based on a sylph makes sense say his name... it sounds like Silph-Eon
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

but Sylveon being based on a sylph makes sense say his name... it sounds like Silph-Eon
    Do you know what else it sounds like? Sylvan.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Quattro ~ Bajeena
    Of revealed Pokemon, Xerneas and Sylveon. Xerneas I see as being a mythical fair-folk guardian, and Sylveon, well, that's what inspired the idea.
    This is why I take issue with the Fairy name. It should be something more general, like Mystic, so that it can be applied to the likes of Xerneas and even Yveltal. I don't see Xerneas having a new type while Yveltal didn't.
    Hmm, well, honestly, I think Fairy could apply to those if they use it in a more general sense, as originally it was associated with a range of creatures beyond cute pixies. Actually, maybe they could call it "Faerie", since that is less specific.
    Yu-Gi-Oh!
    Duel Monsters Sengoku!

An original Yu-Gi-Oh Fanfic! Join Yuto Masamune and his Imperial Monster Patch-Eye Dragon as they take on Sengoku Academy!

Current Chapter -Turn 2: One-Eyed Duelist, One-Eyed Dragon! Impress Summon, [Patch-Eye Dragon]!

Yuto continues his Duel against Shisa, a delinquent who calls himself a "Chain Duelist!". Just then, as Shisa's strong offense and defense overwhelms Yuto, a new type of summon occurs!

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

I agree with you, however, I'd be lying if I said I knew what Sylvans were before the idea came up today and I looked it up, Sylphs are more widespread in the popular conciousness than Sylvans are, so I still see the possibility in both of them, even though I still stand by Sylvan being the actual relation.

Hmm, well, honestly, I think Fairy could apply to those if they use it in a more general sense, as originally it was associated with a range of creatures beyond cute pixies. Actually, maybe they could call it "Faerie", since that is less specific.
    Or, even more simply if we were to adhere to say, a new type, or group, ''Fae'', perhaps.

First of all, I didn't say the others didn't have fangs, I just said Sylveon is the onlly one that is depicted with them showing in every promotional artwork so far.

And there IS no big deal about the fangs, people, including me, just said they could represent the Dragon-Type, and they can, if they do or not we don't know, it's just a speculation, it's not a confirmation or anything.
    In every promotional artwork so far? It's just one image.
    I don't see why the fangs would imply a Dragon-type. So many creatures have them and there's nothing else that looks remotely draconic about Sylveon.

Quote Originally Posted by Quattro ~ Bajeena View Post
    The dictionary definition for both "fairy" and "faerie" is "a small being, human in form, playful and having magical powers". What usage are you referring to?

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

In every promotional artwork so far? It's just one image.
    I don't see why the fangs would imply a Dragon-type. So many creatures have them and there's nothing else that looks remotely draconic about Sylveon.
    OK, you don't see why, but other people do, and as I said before, it's not a big deal, so what if some people think they imply a dragon-type? You don't have to think so too.

Forever Lacking Rhythm Konoko Hasano's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quattro ~ Bajeena View Post
    The dictionary definition for both "fairy" and "faerie" is "a small being, human in form, playful and having magical powers". What usage are you referring to?
    The Celtic (Or whatever variation around the areas of Ireland, Scotland, etc) definition of the word. Fairy/Fae refers to the fair folk, and is a catch all term for not only fairies and pixies, but banshees, trolls, dullahan, and an assortment of other creatures.

Blog Entries

Not really... you're leaving out the Eon... Esp-eon, Flare-eon Va-poor-eon Jolt-eon... the eon is always distinct... you can't pronounce it sylvan without leaving out the -eon... it could be both but sylph was the first thing that came to mind when I hears the name

Flying seems to be the best bet better than the new type bullshit...
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

Faeries are a big part of Irish folklore, and it's a whole group of creatures, including things like banshees and leprechauns.
    Thanks to MorruMaster14 for the awesome Broompoleon sprite!