SPOILERS: Gen VI Pokemon Discussion - Page 54

View Poll Results: Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

    52 36.11%
  • Quilladin

    35 24.31%
  • Fennekin

    51 35.42%
  • Braixen

    53 36.81%
  • Froakie

    46 31.94%
  • Frogadier

    59 40.97%
  • Fletchling

    29 20.14%
  • Talonflame

    45 31.25%
  • Pancham

    32 22.22%
  • Pangoro

    45 31.25%
  • Skiddo

    28 19.44%
  • Gogoat

    37 25.69%
  • Inkay

    28 19.44%
  • Malamar

    34 23.61%
  • Litleo

    28 19.44%
  • Pyroar

    56 38.89%
  • Scatterbug

    14 9.72%
  • Spewpa

    13 9.03%
  • Vivillon

    32 22.22%
  • Helioptile

    30 20.83%
  • Flabébé

    23 15.97%
  • Skrelp

    27 18.75%
  • Clauncher

    32 22.22%
  • Noivern

    51 35.42%
  • Spritzee

    30 20.83%
  • Swirlix

    18 12.50%
  • Honedge

    36 25.00%
  • Dedenne

    27 18.75%
  • Bunnelby

    18 12.50%
  • Furfrou

    27 18.75%
  • Tyrunt

    61 42.36%
  • Amaura

    48 33.33%
  • Meowstic

    53 36.81%
  • Orotto

    30 20.83%
  • Sylveon

    47 32.64%
  • Xerneas

    59 40.97%
  • Yveltal

    41 28.47%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 54 of 348 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast
Results 796 to 810 of 5214

Thread: Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

  1. #796
    My Sword Hand Twitches! Owain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    3,024
    Blog Entries
    67

    Follow Owain on Tumblr

    Default Re: New Pokemon Discussion and Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Warrior View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Serperior View Post
    Oh yes, clearly an animé screenshot proves that.

    The point was that Sylveon was the only one with visible fangs, THAT WAS DEPICTED IN THE ARTWORK, therefore a point of difference from it's siblings. Not Umbreon and neither his other siblings have been depicted with attention to their fangs, except for Sylveon.
    It's not just an anime screenshot. Umbreon is always shown with fangs. Just because there is no artwork showing Umbreon with it's mouth open, it doesn't mean Sylveon is the only one that has them. And I don't think they they were trying to draw attention to its fangs in the artwork, it's just "smiling" like Eevee does.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chespin View Post
    While the fang thing surely isn't something notable, it can't be coincidental that the only other Eeveelution with visible fangs is the dark type one. I know the others likely have them too, but eh, nothing is sure till confirmed.
    Apparently the other eeveelutions, other than Umbreon, have never been depicted with fangs. Still, I doubt it means anything. Fennekin has fangs. A bunch of other feline and canine Pokemon have fangs. What's the big deal?
    First of all, I didn't say the others didn't have fangs, I just said Sylveon is the onlly one that is depicted with them showing in every promotional artwork so far.

    And there IS no big deal about the fangs, people, including me, just said they could represent the Dragon-Type, and they can, if they do or not we don't know, it's just a speculation, it's not a confirmation or anything.

  2. #797

    Default Re: New Pokemon Discussion and Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    and Psychic is pretty much a catch-all type... Reuiniclus is a homoculi and Gothorita is based around astrology a type of mysticism also (Magic)Trick
    Some mystic creatures have paranormal powers, but certainly not all of them. Those can't be represented by the Psychic type. I don't see how either Gothorita (I see no connection to astrology) or Reuniclus (which bears a much more obvious reference to cells) can be considered mystic creatures.

  3. #798
    Simpler times ahead Mitchman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,799
    Blog Entries
    166

    Default Re: New Pokemon Discussion and Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Warrior View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chespin View Post
    While the fang thing surely isn't something notable, it can't be coincidental that the only other Eeveelution with visible fangs is the dark type one. I know the others likely have them too, but eh, nothing is sure till confirmed.
    Apparently the other eeveelutions, other than Umbreon, have never been depicted with fangs. Still, I doubt it means anything. Fennekin has fangs. A bunch of other feline and canine Pokemon have fangs. What's the big deal?
    Nothing, really, at least for me. I'm just saying that cause Umbreon was the only one showed with fangs, and its the dark type, it could be an indication as to why this one is also shown with fangs in correlation with its type.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky505 View Post
    I don't think that first move was double edge honestly.
    To me it feels more like close combat.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

    I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

  4. #799
    Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,089
    Blog Entries
    381

    Default Re: New Pokemon Discussion and Speculation Thread

    The Gothorita-line DOES have an astrology motif, though, it's mentioned throughout their Pokedex entries. But astrology is a form of divination, thus it fits the Psychic-type.

    I don't think Reuniclus is specifically a homunculi, I think people thought that back where it was first revealed and people thought the "culus" in Ranculus was from homunculus, when it's probably meant to be from nucleus, which the English name makes clearer.
    Yu-Gi-Oh!
    Duel Monsters Sengoku!

    An original Yu-Gi-Oh Fanfic! Join Yuto Masamune and his Imperial Monster Patch-Eye Dragon as they take on Sengoku Academy!

    Current Chapter -Turn 2: One-Eyed Duelist, One-Eyed Dragon! Impress Summon, [Patch-Eye Dragon]!

    Yuto continues his Duel against Shisa, a delinquent who calls himself a "Chain Duelist!". Just then, as Shisa's strong offense and defense overwhelms Yuto, a new type of summon occurs!

  5. #800

    Default Re: New Pokemon Discussion and Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Quattro ~ Bajeena
    Of revealed Pokemon, Xerneas and Sylveon. Xerneas I see as being a mythical fair-folk guardian, and Sylveon, well, that's what inspired the idea.
    This is why I take issue with the Fairy name. It should be something more general, like Mystic, so that it can be applied to the likes of Xerneas and even Yveltal. I don't see Xerneas having a new type while Yveltal didn't.

  6. #801
    Registered User Articwolf10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Bramwell, West Virginia
    Posts
    2,207
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: New Pokemon Discussion and Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    and Psychic is pretty much a catch-all type... Reuiniclus is a homoculi and Gothorita is based around astrology a type of mysticism also (Magic)Trick
    Some mystic creatures have paranormal powers, but certainly not all of them. Those can't be represented by the Psychic type. I don't see how either Gothorita (I see no connection to astrology) or Reuniclus (which bears a much more obvious reference to cells) can be considered mystic creatures.
    Reuniclus Homoclus... it's name is a hint... it's based on both cells and the homoculi...

    And read her Dex... the Gothorita line is associated with stars (using them to see the future isn't that the definition of Astrology? (Or is it Astronomy?))

    but Sylveon being based on a sylph makes sense say his name... it sounds like Silph-Eon
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

  7. #802

    Default Re: New Pokemon Discussion and Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    but Sylveon being based on a sylph makes sense say his name... it sounds like Silph-Eon
    Do you know what else it sounds like? Sylvan.

  8. #803
    Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,089
    Blog Entries
    381

    Default Re: New Pokemon Discussion and Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Quattro ~ Bajeena
    Of revealed Pokemon, Xerneas and Sylveon. Xerneas I see as being a mythical fair-folk guardian, and Sylveon, well, that's what inspired the idea.
    This is why I take issue with the Fairy name. It should be something more general, like Mystic, so that it can be applied to the likes of Xerneas and even Yveltal. I don't see Xerneas having a new type while Yveltal didn't.
    Hmm, well, honestly, I think Fairy could apply to those if they use it in a more general sense, as originally it was associated with a range of creatures beyond cute pixies. Actually, maybe they could call it "Faerie", since that is less specific.
    Yu-Gi-Oh!
    Duel Monsters Sengoku!

    An original Yu-Gi-Oh Fanfic! Join Yuto Masamune and his Imperial Monster Patch-Eye Dragon as they take on Sengoku Academy!

    Current Chapter -Turn 2: One-Eyed Duelist, One-Eyed Dragon! Impress Summon, [Patch-Eye Dragon]!

    Yuto continues his Duel against Shisa, a delinquent who calls himself a "Chain Duelist!". Just then, as Shisa's strong offense and defense overwhelms Yuto, a new type of summon occurs!

  9. #804
    My Sword Hand Twitches! Owain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    3,024
    Blog Entries
    67

    Follow Owain on Tumblr

    Default Re: New Pokemon Discussion and Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    but Sylveon being based on a sylph makes sense say his name... it sounds like Silph-Eon
    Do you know what else it sounds like? Sylvan.
    I agree with you, however, I'd be lying if I said I knew what Sylvans were before the idea came up today and I looked it up, Sylphs are more widespread in the popular conciousness than Sylvans are, so I still see the possibility in both of them, even though I still stand by Sylvan being the actual relation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Hmm, well, honestly, I think Fairy could apply to those if they use it in a more general sense, as originally it was associated with a range of creatures beyond cute pixies. Actually, maybe they could call it "Faerie", since that is less specific.
    Or, even more simply if we were to adhere to say, a new type, or group, ''Fae'', perhaps.

  10. #805
    What does the Vulpix say? Nyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    BMGf
    Posts
    719

    Default Re: New Pokemon Discussion and Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Serperior View Post
    First of all, I didn't say the others didn't have fangs, I just said Sylveon is the onlly one that is depicted with them showing in every promotional artwork so far.

    And there IS no big deal about the fangs, people, including me, just said they could represent the Dragon-Type, and they can, if they do or not we don't know, it's just a speculation, it's not a confirmation or anything.
    In every promotional artwork so far? It's just one image.
    I don't see why the fangs would imply a Dragon-type. So many creatures have them and there's nothing else that looks remotely draconic about Sylveon.

  11. #806

    Default Re: New Pokemon Discussion and Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Quattro ~ Bajeena View Post
    Hmm, well, honestly, I think Fairy could apply to those if they use it in a more general sense, as originally it was associated with a range of creatures beyond cute pixies. Actually, maybe they could call it "Faerie", since that is less specific.
    The dictionary definition for both "fairy" and "faerie" is "a small being, human in form, playful and having magical powers". What usage are you referring to?

  12. #807
    My Sword Hand Twitches! Owain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    3,024
    Blog Entries
    67

    Follow Owain on Tumblr

    Default Re: New Pokemon Discussion and Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Warrior View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Serperior View Post
    First of all, I didn't say the others didn't have fangs, I just said Sylveon is the onlly one that is depicted with them showing in every promotional artwork so far.

    And there IS no big deal about the fangs, people, including me, just said they could represent the Dragon-Type, and they can, if they do or not we don't know, it's just a speculation, it's not a confirmation or anything.
    In every promotional artwork so far? It's just one image.
    I don't see why the fangs would imply a Dragon-type. So many creatures have them and there's nothing else that looks remotely draconic about Sylveon.
    OK, you don't see why, but other people do, and as I said before, it's not a big deal, so what if some people think they imply a dragon-type? You don't have to think so too.

  13. #808
    Forever Lacking Rhythm Konoko Hasano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    Iowa!
    Posts
    312

    Default Re: New Pokemon Discussion and Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Quattro ~ Bajeena View Post
    Hmm, well, honestly, I think Fairy could apply to those if they use it in a more general sense, as originally it was associated with a range of creatures beyond cute pixies. Actually, maybe they could call it "Faerie", since that is less specific.
    The dictionary definition for both "fairy" and "faerie" is "a small being, human in form, playful and having magical powers". What usage are you referring to?
    The Celtic (Or whatever variation around the areas of Ireland, Scotland, etc) definition of the word. Fairy/Fae refers to the fair folk, and is a catch all term for not only fairies and pixies, but banshees, trolls, dullahan, and an assortment of other creatures.

  14. #809
    Registered User Articwolf10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Bramwell, West Virginia
    Posts
    2,207
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: New Pokemon Discussion and Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    but Sylveon being based on a sylph makes sense say his name... it sounds like Silph-Eon
    Do you know what else it sounds like? Sylvan.
    Not really... you're leaving out the Eon... Esp-eon, Flare-eon Va-poor-eon Jolt-eon... the eon is always distinct... you can't pronounce it sylvan without leaving out the -eon... it could be both but sylph was the first thing that came to mind when I hears the name

    Flying seems to be the best bet better than the new type bullshit...
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

  15. #810

    Default Re: New Pokemon Discussion and Speculation Thread

    Faeries are a big part of Irish folklore, and it's a whole group of creatures, including things like banshees and leprechauns.
    Thanks to MorruMaster14 for the awesome Broompoleon sprite!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •