SPOILERS: Gen VI Pokemon Discussion - Page 51

View Poll Results: Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

    52 36.11%
  • Quilladin

    35 24.31%
  • Fennekin

    51 35.42%
  • Braixen

    53 36.81%
  • Froakie

    46 31.94%
  • Frogadier

    59 40.97%
  • Fletchling

    29 20.14%
  • Talonflame

    45 31.25%
  • Pancham

    32 22.22%
  • Pangoro

    45 31.25%
  • Skiddo

    28 19.44%
  • Gogoat

    37 25.69%
  • Inkay

    28 19.44%
  • Malamar

    34 23.61%
  • Litleo

    28 19.44%
  • Pyroar

    56 38.89%
  • Scatterbug

    14 9.72%
  • Spewpa

    13 9.03%
  • Vivillon

    32 22.22%
  • Helioptile

    30 20.83%
  • Flabébé

    23 15.97%
  • Skrelp

    27 18.75%
  • Clauncher

    32 22.22%
  • Noivern

    51 35.42%
  • Spritzee

    30 20.83%
  • Swirlix

    18 12.50%
  • Honedge

    36 25.00%
  • Dedenne

    27 18.75%
  • Bunnelby

    18 12.50%
  • Furfrou

    27 18.75%
  • Tyrunt

    61 42.36%
  • Amaura

    48 33.33%
  • Meowstic

    53 36.81%
  • Orotto

    30 20.83%
  • Sylveon

    47 32.64%
  • Xerneas

    59 40.97%
  • Yveltal

    41 28.47%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 51 of 348 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 765 of 5214

Thread: Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

  1. #751
    love, not hate Gaga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    jolly/gloomy stance
    Posts
    777
    Blog Entries
    40

    Default Re: New Pokemon Discussion and Speculation Thread

    ^ I liked that trailer too, the battles are visually appealing and I love the cel-shaded style.
    It uses some fire move, Trump Card, a dark move, and Swift. Just seems like Trollfreak trying to keep us guessing.

    I initially thought Sylveon would be normal but it's name seems to suggest otherwise. Now I'm just confused.

    And if it's not Dragon it breaks the "tradition" that Eeveelutions are the old special types. But Gamefreak has been breaking many traditions so I think I won't be surprised if it's Flying anymore.

  2. #752
    Call me Yusuke Venator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,461
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: New Pokemon Discussion and Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    That points to it either being Grass (forest) or Ghost (spirit). Considering Leafeon's existence and Sylveon's coloring, that points very strongly towards Ghost.
    Nymphs aren't ghosts. Sylveon's coloring is too cheerful to lend credence to your theory.
    Because nymphs are not spirits, and a spirit cannot be represented by the Ghost-type.

    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." -George S. Patton
    Arceus is a false god. Only science knows the true answer.

  3. #753
    My Sword Hand Twitches! Owain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    3,024
    Blog Entries
    67

    Follow Owain on Tumblr

    Default Re: New Pokemon Discussion and Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SteamKnight View Post


    ...and discuss.
    Thanks for posting.

    I don't think there will be a Fairy-type, but I'd like to point out that some cultures do define the magic of fae and nature spirits as a different type of magic than the satndard.

  4. #754

    Default Re: New Pokemon Discussion and Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    Because nymphs are not spirits, and a spirit cannot be represented by the Ghost-type.
    It would be extremely forced. Yes, nymphs and ghosts are both spirits, but the latter are associated with death and the former aren't.

  5. #755
    Call me Yusuke Venator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,461
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: New Pokemon Discussion and Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    Because nymphs are not spirits, and a spirit cannot be represented by the Ghost-type.
    It would be extremely forced. Yes, nymphs and ghosts are both spirits, but the latter are associated with death and the former aren't.
    But does not being associated with death have anything to with the fact that a nymph could be represented by the Ghost-type?

    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." -George S. Patton
    Arceus is a false god. Only science knows the true answer.

  6. #756

    Default Re: New Pokemon Discussion and Speculation Thread

    I originally found the clip on reddit, so the credit doesn't go to me.

    I checked Eevee's level-up moves on Bulbapedia, and I learned that Double Edge and Trump Card are learned at level 37 and level 45, respectively, in Black/White 2. Wish and Swift, on the other hand...

    Wish by breeding with Skitty or Pikachu, Swift from the Dream World (Pokemon Cafe Forest, Dream Park). So there isn't any real evidence pointing towards Sylveon's type. The Sylveon shown in the clip could be an Eevee that was evolved after learning those moves.

  7. #757

    Default Re: New Pokemon Discussion and Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    But does not being associated with death have anything to with the fact that a nymph could be represented by the Ghost-type?
    Again, it would be forced. No doubt it would look out of place compared to the current Ghost-type species.

  8. #758
    My Sword Hand Twitches! Owain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    3,024
    Blog Entries
    67

    Follow Owain on Tumblr

    Default Re: New Pokemon Discussion and Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    Because nymphs are not spirits, and a spirit cannot be represented by the Ghost-type.
    It would be extremely forced. Yes, nymphs and ghosts are both spirits, but the latter are associated with death and the former aren't.
    But does not being associated with death have anything to with the fact that a nymph could be represented by the Ghost-type?
    Not saying it's likely that they'd be represented by ghost types (cause it isn't), but in greek mythology, there were Underworld Nymphs.

  9. #759
    Call me Yusuke Venator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,461
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: New Pokemon Discussion and Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    But does not being associated with death have anything to with the fact that a nymph could be represented by the Ghost-type?
    Again, it would be forced. No doubt it would look out of place compared to the current Ghost-type species.
    It's actually the best fit for describing a nymph, if you ask me. Anything that is not corporeal in nature would fit just fine, and a nymph is not corporeal.

    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." -George S. Patton
    Arceus is a false god. Only science knows the true answer.

  10. #760

    Default Re: New Pokemon Discussion and Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by badwolf1234 View Post
    The most likely one is normal due to the shown attacks and its apperance
    The next one is flying due to the wind effect and naming
    The third on is dragon due to previous eeveelution on the special type only and the naming suggest uts mythicsl thus suggesting dragon type
    And laatly a new type though I don't like this to happen...
    Flying: it needs wings or physic levitation(but have feet). Ribbons shows nice in the air...and thus falls into the looks department.
    Dragon: Altaria was the most fluffy dragon pokemon yes? Still most dragons have dragon features, please do point them out.

    Thus it would be weird if not normal. The hype most likely the newest pokemon that is in a small list thus far. Normal eeveelotion would be a change in its self imo. Furthermore its girlish xD. A Boyish version to come maybe dragon?

  11. #761
    Winged man prefers night Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Rage City
    Posts
    1,312
    Blog Entries
    25

    Default Re: New Pokemon Discussion and Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Jan Jan die Draakman View Post
    Dragon: Altaria was the most fluffy dragon pokemon yes? Still most dragons have dragon features, please do point them out.
    I have to admit this one is rather weak, but... Fangs. While it's implied all Eeveelutions have fangs (because they can learn Bite and some of them learn elementary Fangs), the only one who has visible fangs on artwork is Sylveon, implying it has bigger fangs than its relatives. If there's a reason for Sylveon to have prominent fangs, it's either a Dragon or Poison typing.


    As I said, it's a weak argument, but not weaker than other arguments for other types.

    It's impossible, said pride. It's risky, said experience. OU suspect, said Smogon.

  12. #762
    My Sword Hand Twitches! Owain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    3,024
    Blog Entries
    67

    Follow Owain on Tumblr

    Default Re: New Pokemon Discussion and Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan Jan die Draakman View Post
    Dragon: Altaria was the most fluffy dragon pokemon yes? Still most dragons have dragon features, please do point them out.
    I have to admit this one is rather weak, but... Fangs. While it's implied all Eeveelutions have fangs (because they can learn Bite and some of them learn elementary Fangs), the only one who has visible fangs on artwork is Sylveon, implying it has bigger fangs than its relatives. If there's a reason for Sylveon to have prominent fangs, it's either a Dragon or Poison typing.


    As I said, it's a weak argument, but not weaker than other arguments for other types.

    Now that I saw this huge mcenormous image, I think Sylveon's design could have done without the chest ribbon.

    And yes, take an animé for example, in Fairy Tail, the characters with draconic features (dragon slayers as they're called in that universe) all have prominent fangs.

    Not saying it's based on Fairy Tail, but it does show that the prominent fangs feature is associated in Japan with dragons.

  13. #763

    Default Re: New Pokemon Discussion and Speculation Thread

    Sylvan

    Consisting of or associated with woods; wooded.
    Pleasantly rural or pastoral: "vistas of sylvan charm".

    So it's definitely not a dragon-type. Otherwise it would'be been called Drakeon or something.

    So I think the options here are limited.

    Normal-type is still a possibility.

    But a new Fairy or Forest-type is also possible.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

  14. #764

    Default Re: New Pokemon Discussion and Speculation Thread

    Yeah, at this point I'm leaning towards either Normal or a new Fairy-type.

    Slyvan and Nymph don't leave a lot of wiggle room for anything besides that except Psychic and Grass - which we already have.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

  15. #765

    Default Re: New Pokemon Discussion and Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    But a new Fairy or Forest-type is also possible.
    I'd call it Mystic. It would be the least restricting classification.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •