SPOILERS: Gen VI Pokemon Discussion - Page 47

View Poll Results: Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

52 36.11%
  • Quilladin

35 24.31%
  • Fennekin

51 35.42%
  • Braixen

53 36.81%
  • Froakie

46 31.94%
  • Frogadier

59 40.97%
  • Fletchling

29 20.14%
  • Talonflame

45 31.25%
  • Pancham

32 22.22%
  • Pangoro

45 31.25%
  • Skiddo

28 19.44%
  • Gogoat

37 25.69%
  • Inkay

28 19.44%
  • Malamar

34 23.61%
  • Litleo

28 19.44%
  • Pyroar

56 38.89%
  • Scatterbug

14 9.72%
  • Spewpa

13 9.03%
  • Vivillon

32 22.22%
  • Helioptile

30 20.83%
  • Flabébé

23 15.97%
  • Skrelp

27 18.75%
  • Clauncher

32 22.22%
  • Noivern

51 35.42%
  • Spritzee

30 20.83%
  • Swirlix

18 12.50%
  • Honedge

36 25.00%
  • Dedenne

27 18.75%
  • Bunnelby

18 12.50%
  • Furfrou

27 18.75%
  • Tyrunt

61 42.36%
  • Amaura

48 33.33%
  • Meowstic

53 36.81%
  • Orotto

30 20.83%
  • Sylveon

47 32.64%
  • Xerneas

59 40.97%
  • Yveltal

41 28.47%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 47 of 348 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast
Like Tree2711Likes

Thread: Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Registered User scrambled_togepi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: New Pokemon Discussion and Speculation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by IS1296 View Post
    I'm wondering if Ninfia we'll be our first single-gender eeveelution. If this is the case, then logic would dictate that we would get a male eeveelution as well.
    I wouldn't hold my breath on that. Mainly because they would have no reason to put off introducing the male counterpart. Simply looking girly has never made a pokemon female. Even conceptually being masculine or feminine doesn't always get a pokemon an exclusive gender.

Chespin, you may have just cleared up what feature Ninfia is meant to show off. 3D. Sparkles and particle effects are among the most impressive 3D effects I've seen in 3DS games. The ribbins would look pretty cool too.
    Tentative pokemon Black team:

1.Oshawott; 2. Blitzel.; 3. Zorua; 4. Victini; 5. Deino; 6. Reshiram

Nyx

I'm wondering if Ninfia we'll be our first single-gender eeveelution. If this is the case, then logic would dictate that we would get a male eeveelution as well.
    But why would it be female only? Besides, that's the only eeveelution we're getting this generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Chespin View Post
    More specifically the ribbons themselves are sparkling, and not the entire Pokemon. I wonder what the design choice is behind that...
    Oh, you're right, it's the ribbons that are sparkling. I wonder if that has something to do with its type.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Warrior View Post
    But why would it be female only? Besides, that's the only eeveelution we're getting this generation.
    Really? That's a shame. Well I was interested in the aspect of single-gender because of its feminine appearance, and it is new for eeveelutions. I know that's not a good reason to produce such a speculation, but it is just speculation.

Winged man prefers night Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Pokémon is plenty of Pokémon with just male or female look, and however getting both genders. Machop line, Gothita line, Ralts line (sans Gallade), Bouffalant, Huntail/Gorebyss... even Glaceon is a bit girly, although less than Nymphia.

In the screenshot where Nymphia is using a fire-looking move, it looks almost non-girly, despite the colors and design.

Me verás volar por la ciudad de la furia...
    - Pokémon games are like boobs; designed for children, but more enjoyed by adults. (Someone on twitter)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by scrambled_togepi View Post
    I'm fairly convinced it will be flying type at this point. The flowing ribbons imply weightlessness. This is similar to suicune which is associated with wind. The bows seem to imply wings. Note the way the bows are longer and go further out on top then the bottom. The ears and tail also imply a feathered appearance, or at least light and fluffy.

Similarly there are no defining features that would associate Ninfia with a potential light or sound type. Eeveelution types aren't exactly subtle.
    There is nothing obvious about flowing ribbons being feathers or wings. We have several pictures of Ninfia, in which it always rests on the ground.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    I'm fairly convinced it will be flying type at this point. The flowing ribbons imply weightlessness. This is similar to suicune which is associated with wind. The bows seem to imply wings. Note the way the bows are longer and go further out on top then the bottom. The ears and tail also imply a feathered appearance, or at least light and fluffy.

Similarly there are no defining features that would associate Ninfia with a potential light or sound type. Eeveelution types aren't exactly subtle.
    There is nothing obvious about flowing ribbons being feathers or wings. We have several pictures of Ninfia, in which it always rests on the ground.
    I'm not saying the feature association is obvious. I'm saying the ribbons and bows are obvious features. Those are the features being used to show Ninfia's type like Leafeon's leaf-like ears and tail, glaceon's snowcap, and Vaporeon's scales. I went on to explain why those feature imply a flying type pokemon because it is not obvious.

I'd like to see these pictures because I've only seen two and the ribbons never touch the ground in those. Even if they did touch the ground that does not mean they don't twist and turn in an unnatural weightless way.

Blog Entries

I'm not saying the feature association is obvious. I'm saying the ribbons and bows are obvious features. Those are the features being used to show Ninfia's type like Leafeon's leaf-like ears and tail, glaceon's snowcap, and Vaporeon's scales. I went on to explain why those feature imply a flying type pokemon because it is not obvious.
    Ninon is a lightweight kind of silk. I personally find that to be the more obvious association with those features.

I'd like to see these pictures because I've only seen two and the ribbons never touch the ground in those. Even if they did touch the ground that does not mean they don't twist and turn in an unnatural weightless way.
    The ribbons don't literally touch the ground in any of the pictures (although one tip comes close in the official artwork), but I don't see how that is enough. If you're right, Ninfia itself should float at least occasionally.

Blog Entries

Ninon is a lightweight kind of silk. I personally find that to be the more obvious association with those features.

The ribbons don't literally touch the ground in any of the pictures (although one tip comes close in the official artwork), but I don't see how that is enough. If you're right, Ninfia itself should float at least occasionally.
    Would you like me to list all the flying pokemon that are not shown flying in their official artwork or battle sprite/animation?

Thanks for the additional connection to being light-weight.
    Last edited by scrambled_togepi; 12th February 2013 at 04:29 PM.

I also think it will be a flying-type. Normal would be a little weird and I personally don't know if they should include a new type...

Blog Entries

Would you like me to list all the flying pokemon that are not shown flying in their official artwork or battle sprite/animation?
    They still have obvious wings or bird features. Also, they are not Eeveelutions.
    Bellossom likes this.

Blog Entries

They still have obvious wings or bird features. Also, they are not Eeveelutions.
    Mantine, Tropius, Shaymin Sky form. Especially Shaymin Sky form.

Furthermore, the "tufts of fur" coming off Ninfia's ears and tail are a similar shape to the way feathers are portrayed on several 5th gen flying type pokemon, as well as shaymin sky form's tufts. Ninfia's tufts are portrayed differently from fur on the other eeveelutions. Exactly. Their designs are not bound by the similarities between eeveelutions and will not have to adapt a new theme to fit in a particular type.

Blog Entries

Their features resemble wings much more clearly than Ninfia's ribbons do, and Sky Forme's very name alludes to its type. Also, Flying isn't their primary type.

Their designs are not bound by the similarities between eeveelutions and will not have to adapt a new theme to fit in a particular type.
    The Eeveelutions' designs and names reflect their types in a very obvious way. That's why I don't see why we would need to scratch our heads to see how Ninfia might be a Flying type.

Blog Entries

Their features resemble wings much more clearly than Ninfia's ribbons do, and Sky Forme's very name alludes to its type. Also, Flying isn't their primary type.
    Ninfia's ribbins are not meant to resemble wings at all. The bows are meant to resemble wings. I'd like to point out the diference in shape between Ninfia's bows and Gothitelle's. There is also the division of colors emphasizing the vertical length of the bow. This makes them resemble wings more then regular bows. The tufts of fur resemble feathers particularly the feathers of swana. I'd also like to point out that the eeveelution's have fur that do allude to their type like Jolteon's spikey static fur, Flareon's fire fur, and Leafeon's leaves. The ribbins likely do represent air.

Their designs are not bound by the similarities between eeveelutions and will not have to adapt a new theme to fit in a particular type.
    The Eeveelutions' designs and names reflect their types in a very obvious way. That's why I don't see why we need to scratch our heads to see why Ninfia could be a Flying type.
    It is much harder to design an Eeveelution that is flying type. You can't just slap some flys on it and call it done like they did with leafeon, or flareon. It isn't as though Flying types have a common color to give Ninfia either.

Blog Entries

It is much harder to design an Eeveelution that is flying type. You can't just slap some flys on it and call it done like they did with leafeon, or flareon. It isn't as though Flying types have a common color to give Ninfia either.
    No one is forcing Game Freak to create a Flying-type Eeveelution, so this excuse just doesn't work. There are simpler choices out there if they want to stick to the existing types.

Blog Entries

No one is forcing Game Freak to create a Flying-type Eeveelution, so this excuse just doesn't work. There are simpler choices out there if they want to stick to the existing types.
    I'll concede that point. Howevere, Ninfia not obviously referencing flying type does not mean it is any other type. It does not obviously reference any type. It does reference Flying type in several not so obvious ways though.

While there is a chance of a new type being introduced It is much lower then people simply not catching on to which old type it is. Seriously, that is a cold hard fact. Speculation of a new type pops up all the time, but it has only happened one generation. While I will not dismiss the possibility of a new type I will dismiss the possibility of Ninfia being a new type until it is revealed that a new type exists.

1. A pokemon can not be a type that does not exist. As of now only 17 types exist
    2. Speculating what non-existent type it is will be all over the place. It could be light type, pink type, ribbin type, synthetic type, cute type, bow type, quadrupedal type,
    Bellossom likes this.