SPOILERS: Gen VI Pokemon Discussion - Page 44

View Poll Results: Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

52 36.11%
  • Quilladin

35 24.31%
  • Fennekin

51 35.42%
  • Braixen

53 36.81%
  • Froakie

46 31.94%
  • Frogadier

59 40.97%
  • Fletchling

29 20.14%
  • Talonflame

45 31.25%
  • Pancham

32 22.22%
  • Pangoro

45 31.25%
  • Skiddo

28 19.44%
  • Gogoat

37 25.69%
  • Inkay

28 19.44%
  • Malamar

34 23.61%
  • Litleo

28 19.44%
  • Pyroar

56 38.89%
  • Scatterbug

14 9.72%
  • Spewpa

13 9.03%
  • Vivillon

32 22.22%
  • Helioptile

30 20.83%
  • Flabébé

23 15.97%
  • Skrelp

27 18.75%
  • Clauncher

32 22.22%
  • Noivern

51 35.42%
  • Spritzee

30 20.83%
  • Swirlix

18 12.50%
  • Honedge

36 25.00%
  • Dedenne

27 18.75%
  • Bunnelby

18 12.50%
  • Furfrou

27 18.75%
  • Tyrunt

61 42.36%
  • Amaura

48 33.33%
  • Meowstic

53 36.81%
  • Orotto

30 20.83%
  • Sylveon

47 32.64%
  • Xerneas

59 40.97%
  • Yveltal

41 28.47%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 44 of 348 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast

Thread: Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Blog Entries

Default Re: New Pokemon Discussion and Speculation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Disobedient View Post
    Okay, after a little bit of research, here is my prediction purely based on previous "expansion"-generations II & IV

I agree with the 20-29 new evo's/pre-evo's, but only if the general number is 130 or so. I can't get behind a new gen with a large percentile of expansion Pokemon when the overall number is 100 or 107, simply because excluding legendaries and starters, you're left with 70 or so new Pokemon. Add in the fact that a lot of these are usually evolution lines as well, and you got yourself the dex. I personally don't want expansion Pokemon if the dex is limited to 100-107 again, as it simply doesn't allow for newer Pokemon to shine as well. 130 to 135 gives you space for all the expansion mon, legendaries and starters, and still gives you space for 90 new Pokemon, that can give wiggle room for creative designs.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

Quote Originally Posted by H.M View Post
    This generation might yet again have the whole "loyal dog" and "asshole cat" thing going on again.
    I can only think of two cat Pokemon described as generally being "assholes", and that's the Unova ones.

I'd like more pet-based Pokemon. Maybe some more ferrets, snakes, rats..

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Why can't there be a ordinary dragon Pokemon like this-

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    No you're missing my point. The guy I quoted was talking about character not stats.
    Oh, I understand. In that case, yes, Mightyena is cool. It's got a nice design. Too bad it's an awful Pokémon in terms of battling. And I insist, Persian is even cooler (in both looks and battling).

Quote Originally Posted by Somari View Post
    This generation might yet again have the whole "loyal dog" and "asshole cat" thing going on again.
    I can only think of two cat Pokemon described as generally being "assholes", and that's the Unova ones.

Meowth/Persian and Glameow/Purugly can be seen as assholish. Meowth love shiny things and steals stuff. Persian is just an asshole and can strike at anything without provocation. Glameow is fickle and spiteful. Purugly just takes what it wants and won't reluctantly attack something.

Gen 3 turned this idea on it's head. Poochyena/Mightyena are seen as "assholish" while Skitty/Delcatty are the "nice" ones. Skitty is just a curious cat, while Delcatty, while priss, is calm and docile. Mightyena is still a "loyal dog", though.

More pet-based Pokemon would be neat, I agree. I want to see a guinea pig Pokemon!

Oshawott used Baton Pass!
    ~Tumblr~

Meowth/Persian and Glameow/Purugly can be seen as assholish. Meowth love shiny things and steals stuff. Persian is just an asshole and can strike at anything without provocation. Glameow is fickle and spiteful. Purugly just takes what it wants and won't reluctantly attack something.

Gen 3 turned this idea on it's head. Poochyena/Mightyena are seen as "assholish" while Skitty/Delcatty are the "nice" ones. Skitty is just a curious cat, while Delcatty, while priss, is calm and docile. Mightyena is still a "loyal dog", though.

More pet-based Pokemon would be neat, I agree. I want to see a guinea pig Pokemon!
    Meowth's hoard. Big deal, animals do that. Persians are hunters and Glameow are just stuck up. Poochyena aren't dogs also, they're hyenas.

This is off-topic.. Back to new Pokemon.

is back for 2014 S.S. Shadow Minun's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow S.S. Shadow Minun On Twitter Add S.S. Shadow Minun on Facebook
    Visit S.S. Shadow Minun's Youtube Channel

We have too many mice/rats because of mice-based Pokémon such as Pikachu, Marill, Rattata and Patrat. We also have ferrets such as Zangoose (cat-ferret mix, or mongoose) and Furret. For snakes, I think Game Freak usually only introduce snake-based Pokémon if it's a odd-numbered generation (Ekans line for Gen I, Seviper for Gen III, and Snivy line for Gen V). So I hope Game Freak does break this tradition.

Maybe the fact that types are being hidden so much means new type(s)?

Last edited by bestyxD; 12th February 2013 at 12:00 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Garland View Post
    I'm kinda hoping so, they could be done well if Game Freak wanted honestly.

In regards to Ninfia, like I said in the Coro Coro thread the only existing types it could be are normal & flying. Normal is very easy to see, but my only problem with flying is that it isn't as obvious as Vaporeon or Flareon or any elemental themed Eeveelution for that matter. The only real hint to that is its lightweight, but not even it's name automatically makes you think flying type.

If its not normal, or a subtle flying typed Evo, then its very possible and likely its a new type altogether, and we'll get some new type(s) in this Gen.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Super Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I'm leading more towards Ninfia being a Normal or Flying type. I'm not sure if hiding its type means that they're introducing a new one. It's possible, but they probably want to keep it more of a surprise to hype it up.

Quote Originally Posted by El_ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Garland View Post
    I'm kinda hoping so, they could be done well if Game Freak wanted honestly.

In regards to Ninfia, like I said in the Coro Coro thread the only existing types it could be are normal & flying. Normal is very easy to see, but my only problem with flying is that it isn't as obvious as Vaporeon or Flareon or any elemental themed Eeveelution for that matter. The only real hint to that is its lightweight, but not even it's name automatically makes you think flying type.

If its not normal, or a subtle flying typed Evo, then its very possible and likely its a new type altogether, and we'll get some new type(s) in this Gen.
    pokemon-x-y.jpg

It may be a long shot but light seemed to play a part in the trailer. Xerneas steps into the light from the from and Yveltal flies in front of the sun. Maybe Light/Grass and Light/Flying combos? The sun could play a major part in the story as well.

So another Pokemon is finally revealed and...wow, it's boring. In other words, another typical Eeveelution. I can't think of any way that design or name could imply a Dragon type though, so at least that's that silly fan theory torpedoed.

Now that's out of the way they can get on to revealing better and more interesting things.

Admin Iteru's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

It looks like a cross between Milotic and Victini. Odd, but might grow to like it.

Blog Entries

I dislike how its colour scheme is almost exactly the same as Victini's. The blue tips on its ribbons suggest Flying-type, but apart from that, it's pretty generic. Not a big fan.