SPOILERS: Gen VI Pokemon Discussion - Page 39

View Poll Results: Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

52 36.11%
  • Quilladin

35 24.31%
  • Fennekin

51 35.42%
  • Braixen

53 36.81%
  • Froakie

46 31.94%
  • Frogadier

59 40.97%
  • Fletchling

29 20.14%
  • Talonflame

45 31.25%
  • Pancham

32 22.22%
  • Pangoro

45 31.25%
  • Skiddo

28 19.44%
  • Gogoat

37 25.69%
  • Inkay

28 19.44%
  • Malamar

34 23.61%
  • Litleo

28 19.44%
  • Pyroar

56 38.89%
  • Scatterbug

14 9.72%
  • Spewpa

13 9.03%
  • Vivillon

32 22.22%
  • Helioptile

30 20.83%
  • Flabébé

23 15.97%
  • Skrelp

27 18.75%
  • Clauncher

32 22.22%
  • Noivern

51 35.42%
  • Spritzee

30 20.83%
  • Swirlix

18 12.50%
  • Honedge

36 25.00%
  • Dedenne

27 18.75%
  • Bunnelby

18 12.50%
  • Furfrou

27 18.75%
  • Tyrunt

61 42.36%
  • Amaura

48 33.33%
  • Meowstic

53 36.81%
  • Orotto

30 20.83%
  • Sylveon

47 32.64%
  • Xerneas

59 40.97%
  • Yveltal

41 28.47%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 39 of 348 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast
Like Tree2711Likes

Thread: Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Default Re: New Pokemon Discussion and Speculation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Fennekin View Post
    Light could represent a holy figure and order. So many shows, like Bakugan and Yu-Gi-Oh!, have already incorporated this Type, so why not Pokémon?
    this would be unnecessary because Fighting is essentially considered the 'light' type in Japan or at least the symbolic equivalent. sound type though i could get behind because i could see lots of moves being changed to it but to go through 600+ pokemon and retcon types would be silly. it would probably only be a few but still... /old topic

i'd like to see a fire/water or fire/ice pokemon, maybe a dual-headed snake? i really like the idea of two opposing elements inhabiting one body.

steel/water dolphin. or really just any dual-typed water pokemon if we have to get another huge dump of water types.

and when someone mentioned a croissant pokemon i started laughing because sometimes i joke that my cat looks like a croissant when she curls up (or a loaf of bread), so i imagined a cat-inspired-pastry on my team.
    Last edited by winkles; 28th January 2013 at 02:02 PM.

Nice weather we're having SirOni's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by winkles View Post
    and when someone mentioned a croissant pokemon i started laughing because sometimes i joke that my cat looks like a croissant when she curls up (or a loaf of bread), so i imagined a cat-inspired-pastry on my team.
    That's a pretty good idea. It would fill the cat niche for the generation and at the same time be something unique. I'm always in favor of Pokemon having a variety of inspirations. It gives the Pokemon much more depth.
    Caro: 0774-4484-9102

IGN: Antonio

URPG:http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f401/cerony-urpg-66373/

The Great and Powerful TheBugChampion's Avatar

i'm hoping for a nice new pair of three-part bug families that we can get early on like Butterfree/Beedrill and Dustox/Beautifly[sort of?] and Leavanny and Scolipede.

A new larvae-pupae-Beetle/Scarab/Wasp family, pesky Fly /Mosquito/Earthworm onesie or even a Shrimp family [yay water/bug?] pokemon would be nice too.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Light could represent a holy figure and order. So many shows, like Bakugan and Yu-Gi-Oh!, have already incorporated this Type, so why not Pokémon?
    this would be unnecessary because Fighting is essentially considered the 'light' type in Japan or at least the symbolic equivalent..
    I don't think that's true.

Most of the Fighting Pokemon are pretty neutral...and most of the original ones, like Primeape, Machamp, and Hitmonlee were pretty vicious looking as well. Lucario, Gallade, and the Musketeers are the only Fighting Pokemon I'd really categorize as being virtuous.
    Silktree likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Quattro ~ Bajeena View Post
    this would be unnecessary because Fighting is essentially considered the 'light' type in Japan or at least the symbolic equivalent..

Most of the Fighting Pokemon are pretty neutral...and most of the original ones, like Primeape, Machamp, and Hitmonlee were pretty vicious looking as well. Lucario, Gallade, and the Musketeers are the only Fighting Pokemon I'd really categorize as being virtuous.
    Add Medicham and Mienshao for spiritual martial artists, but even then, we have fighting types like Scraggy. Fighting isn't affiliated with holiness...just fighting styles.
    Silktree likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post

Add Medicham and Mienshao for spiritual martial artists, but even then, we have fighting types like Scraggy. Fighting isn't affiliated with holiness...just fighting styles.
    i think what they meant is that fighting is the law-abiding "good" to dark's underhanded "evil"

fighting doesn't have anything to do with religion. but it does have to do with fighting fair and following rules in combat.

that being said... i don't really see a point in having a religious type?? it just makes no sense in pokemon (to me, at least)

Quote Originally Posted by Georgie Pie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post

i think what they meant is that fighting is the law-abiding "good" to dark's underhanded "evil"

fighting doesn't have anything to do with religion. but it does have to do with fighting fair and following rules in combat.

that being said... i don't really see a point in having a religious type?? it just makes no sense in pokemon (to me, at least)
    pretty much this. less 'holy divine being' and more 'upholder of justice'. that's the best explanation i've seen around a lot for why it's supereffective against dark yet dark is super effective against psychic (why would psychic be the ~light~ type if darkness can overcome it?)

Quote Originally Posted by Snubbull Lover 777 View Post
    Here's something to possibly lookout for in a couple weeks or so on Pokémon Smash. They've been showing this segment on the Eeveelutions were the guy comes out from behind a door in an Eeveelution Costume so far these are the costumes he's come out in and the dates...

January 13th
    Eevee and Jolteon

January 20th
    Flareon and Glaceon

January 27th
    Umbreon and Leafeon

So possibly on February 3rd Vaporeon and Espeon and then the following week on February 10th 2 New Eeveelution Reveals since they seem to show 2 Eeveelutions per episode. Also you guys can go on Youtube and look up the the live stream that was shown on the 26th and in the preview to the next episode it shows that Junichi Masuda will be on the February 3rd episode so you never know maybe he'll show the New Eeveelution Silhouettes and then fully reveal them on the 10th.

I don't know but what do you guys think about this?

i don't see him mentioned in the trailer?

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So, what if they make another "secondary" Starter Triangle for Gen VI like the monkeys in Gen V?

I think three Pokemon based on goats would be pretty cool, like the Three Billy-goats Gruff story. And then when they evolve, the Grass one would be based off Pan (with pan-pipe horns), the Fire one would be based off "Satan" (devil-like with cloven hoofs), and the Water one Capricorn (fish-goat).

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

So, what if they make another "secondary" Starter Triangle for Gen VI like the monkeys in Gen V?

I think three Pokemon based on goats would be pretty cool, like the Three Billy-goats Gruff story. And then when they evolve, the Grass one would be based off Pan (with pan-pipe horns), the Fire one would be based off "Satan" (devil-like with cloven hoofs), and the Water one Capricorn (fish-goat).
    I'm hoping for a secondary starter trio again, like the monkey's as well. I just don't know if I could go with goats though. I would much prefer, sheep. I know, I know, what's the difference, but sheep are cooler. The fire one could be a massive fireball, the grass one could be a literal bush, and the water one be a cloud like sheep based on precipitation.
    SirOni and Berrenta like this.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ApoVapo View Post
    I saw this from Malcolm Belmont over Serebiiforums:

* The Starters become Grass/Steel, Fire/Psychic, and Water/Electric. They’re inspired by various European-centric archetypes…Chespin becomes a knight with chestnut armor, Fennekin a wizard with a majestic fur cloak, and Froakie a Nordic Viking with a thunder-cloud mullet/beard combo.

* Xerneas is Ice/Steel, and Yveltal is Fire/Dark. They have a unique ability where they can shift types with each other, Xerneas becoming red and Fire/Steel, and Yveltal becoming blue and Ice/Dark. Supposedly, Game Freak chose the typings in part due to members of the team being fans of R.R. Martin’s A Song of Ice and Fire, among other reasons.
    Would be REALLY COOL
    R.R. Martin’s A Song of Ice and Fire also has been adopted for TV as the HBO show GAME OF THRONES.

I think those typing are interesting but i am not holding out hope.

Blog Entries

Have them be early enough in the dex that the "satan" one is number 666.

The Original Sylveon The Guardian Sylveon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sunyshore View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snubbull Lover 777 View Post
    Here's something to possibly lookout for in a couple weeks or so on Pokémon Smash. They've been showing this segment on the Eeveelutions were the guy comes out from behind a door in an Eeveelution Costume so far these are the costumes he's come out in and the dates...

January 13th
    Eevee and Jolteon

January 20th
    Flareon and Glaceon

January 27th
    Umbreon and Leafeon

So possibly on February 3rd Vaporeon and Espeon and then the following week on February 10th 2 New Eeveelution Reveals since they seem to show 2 Eeveelutions per episode. Also you guys can go on Youtube and look up the the live stream that was shown on the 26th and in the preview to the next episode it shows that Junichi Masuda will be on the February 3rd episode so you never know maybe he'll show the New Eeveelution Silhouettes and then fully reveal them on the 10th.

I don't know but what do you guys think about this?

Edit- Turns out the scene of Junichi Masuda that was shown on the commercial was from a previous episode that aired on the 6th. Thanks sunyshore for pointing this out.

i don't see him mentioned in the trailer?
    Go to Youtube and watch the stream for the 27th of this month and skip 56:38 and pause because it's shown quickly he's right in the middle of all the presenters of the show.

Edit- Here's the screenshot
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails junichi-masuda.png  
    Last edited by The Guardian Sylveon; 3rd February 2013 at 02:47 PM.

Team Eeveelution All The Way!!!

The Great and Powerful TheBugChampion's Avatar

um, that's kind of BRILLIANT. wonderful!

and goats and sheep are very closely related i think, so they're interchangeable when it comes to pokemon inspiration methinks, as most pokemon dont exactly reflect whatever theyre inspired by.

still, i hated the monkey trio, but this sheep-goat pan-devil-capricorn idea is fantastic.

Blog Entries

You're setting me up for disappointment, I tell you what. I wish this was going to happen.

Also, in regards to the supposed final typings of the starters and legendary duo... Official source or it didn't happen, enough said. They are interesting ideas though, but I'd rather not see Froakie become Water/Electric... I just can't see it. And frog becoming Amphibian Viking Thor? Little too random for my tastes.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.