SPOILERS: Gen VI Pokemon Discussion - Page 36

View Poll Results: Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

52 36.11%
  • Quilladin

35 24.31%
  • Fennekin

51 35.42%
  • Braixen

53 36.81%
  • Froakie

46 31.94%
  • Frogadier

59 40.97%
  • Fletchling

29 20.14%
  • Talonflame

45 31.25%
  • Pancham

32 22.22%
  • Pangoro

45 31.25%
  • Skiddo

28 19.44%
  • Gogoat

37 25.69%
  • Inkay

28 19.44%
  • Malamar

34 23.61%
  • Litleo

28 19.44%
  • Pyroar

56 38.89%
  • Scatterbug

14 9.72%
  • Spewpa

13 9.03%
  • Vivillon

32 22.22%
  • Helioptile

30 20.83%
  • Flabébé

23 15.97%
  • Skrelp

27 18.75%
  • Clauncher

32 22.22%
  • Noivern

51 35.42%
  • Spritzee

30 20.83%
  • Swirlix

18 12.50%
  • Honedge

36 25.00%
  • Dedenne

27 18.75%
  • Bunnelby

18 12.50%
  • Furfrou

27 18.75%
  • Tyrunt

61 42.36%
  • Amaura

48 33.33%
  • Meowstic

53 36.81%
  • Orotto

30 20.83%
  • Sylveon

47 32.64%
  • Xerneas

59 40.97%
  • Yveltal

41 28.47%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 36 of 348 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast
Like Tree2711Likes

Thread: Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Default Re: New Pokemon Discussion and Speculation Thread

It is tedious, but slapping textures over existing texture could turn ugly. Lets say it happens for the sake of an arguement. Take Audino's model, and slap Pikachu's back stripes on it. Would it look good? Perhaps cause they're the same size. Now take them on a bigger Pokemon, say, Slaking. You would need to stretch the texture, while keeping it looking it as smooth and cohesive as you can on slaking, while fitting the texture to his body's shape. Very messy in the end it could turn out, and might be a turn for the worst. Of course I wouldn't mind however a wailord with skitty ears.

Nyx

Quote Originally Posted by Chespin View Post
    It is tedious, but slapping textures over existing texture could turn ugly. Lets say it happens for the sake of an arguement. Take Audino's model, and slap Pikachu's back stripes on it. Would it look good? Perhaps cause they're the same size. Now take them on a bigger Pokemon, say, Slaking. You would need to stretch the texture, while keeping it looking it as smooth and cohesive as you can on slaking, while fitting the texture to his body's shape. Very messy in the end it could turn out, and might be a turn for the worst. Of course I wouldn't mind however a wailord with skitty ears.
    Well, according to the person who posted this rumor in the first place:

* No new types, but there are “Cross-bred” Pokemon introduced. Certain father/mother breeding pairs will result in a visually distinct child, who will be the mother’s species, but will, for example, have a pattern reminiscent of its father or a slightly altered color scheme. This is basically the new Gender Difference and is simply an aesthetic bonus, nothing extreme and only certain pairings result in this…the Pokemon is still considered the species of its mother, it’s not a new species. One example I can give is that it is possible to get certain Pokemon sporting Pikachu’s red cheeks.
    Which means the new textures would be created specifically for a certain number of Pokemon, and GF would make sure nothing like what you mentioned happens.

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by ApoVapo View Post
    I saw this from Malcolm Belmont over Serebiiforums:

I saw this posted on 4chan just now, seems interesting…

“Due to the “world wide” release of Pokemon X/Y, pre-release information that at this time would usually be reserved for the Japanese branch of the Pokemon Company is now present among the localization departments of the other regions as well (such as NOA, where I am situated), and I have actually seen the full roster of new Pokemon as have quite a few people worldwide due to the difficulty regarding keeping everything under wraps. Thus, I can share a bit of preliminary information about new Pokemon appearing in X/Y.

* More than 100 new Pokemon.

* There are indeed new evolutions and pre-evolutions, most of them focused on Gen V Pokemon. However, a few older Pokemon, including Gen I classics, are getting surprising new developments.

* No new types, but there are “Cross-bred” Pokemon introduced. Certain father/mother breeding pairs will result in a visually distinct child, who will be the mother’s species, but will, for example, have a pattern reminiscent of its father or a slightly altered color scheme. This is basically the new Gender Difference and is simply an aesthetic bonus, nothing extreme and only certain pairings result in this…the Pokemon is still considered the species of its mother, it’s not a new species. One example I can give is that it is possible to get certain Pokemon sporting Pikachu’s red cheeks.

* The Starters become Grass/Steel, Fire/Psychic, and Water/Electric. They’re inspired by various European-centric archetypes…Chespin becomes a knight with chestnut armor, Fennekin a wizard with a majestic fur cloak, and Froakie a Nordic Viking with a thunder-cloud mullet/beard combo.

* Xerneas is Ice/Steel, and Yveltal is Fire/Dark. They have a unique ability where they can shift types with each other, Xerneas becoming red and Fire/Steel, and Yveltal becoming blue and Ice/Dark. Supposedly, Game Freak chose the typings in part due to members of the team being fans of R.R. Martin’s A Song of Ice and Fire, among other reasons.

* Normal: Kendama-based Pokemon. Its main body rides atop a giant ball.
    * Grass: A black-bear whose body is made of berries.
    * Fire: Pintata Bull with horns that are torches.
    * Water: Sea-bird. Looks like a socialite due to a feather that looks like an ascot.
    * Electric: A poodle whose fluffy-parts are statically-charged fur.
    * Bug: Millipede, besides the head its long body is made of bubbles
    * Flying: A peacock with a tail that’s a harp.
    * Steel: A female-like Pokemon whose long hair is made of long, steel cables.
    * Rock: A rock-based snail, its got a bell for a shell, and its body looks like a cathedral.
    * Ground: An elephant whose body is covered in hardened mud-armor, more realistic looking than Donphan.
    * Psychic: An “Arabian” Pokemon wrapped in a brightly-colored carpet clothing.
    * Dark: Raccoon. Its tail serves as a burglar sack, and it’s got a stylish black mask.
    * Poison: Little purple lizard, it swings its (very large) broken tail around like a huge club.
    * Fighting: A very weird Pokemon who resembles a giant, living sneaker. Cooler looking than it sounds.
    * Ice: A Snowman with coal on its head looking like the incense marks Shaolin Monks have.
    * Ghost: A kasa-obake (umbrella ghost) that’s brightly colored and “fancy” looking.
    * Dragon: A Kirin that looks like a dragonic-unicorn.”

Would be REALLY COOL
    It's just another "I work for TPCi/NoA" troll, these kinds of people pop up all the time on sites like 4chan, and are often 95% false, besides, most Game Freak/TPCi/NoA employees aren't so public and prefer to keep things under wraps until the game is out.

Some parts sound reasonable and believable, but most of it is just ridiculous, especially the typings that he claims the legendaries have, Xerneas being Ice/Steel gives it two quadrupled weaknesses, and Yveltal being Fire/Dark scratches out the fact that it flies (unless it has levitate, which is unlikely on a legendary mascot that usually tends to have their own abilities).

I do like some of the concepts he has for the Gen 6 Pokemon, I like the "Arabian" psychic type (a genie Pokemon perhaps?) the raccoon, and the kirin Pokemon, but some of the concepts seem too far fetched, like the berry bear, the pinata bull, and the electric poodle (sounds like Mareep, but as a dog). Also, a shoe Pokemon, seriously? An idea like that makes Garbodor look like Reshiram in comparison. But then again, it's Pokemon, and virtually anything can be made into one, so it's not that big of a deal unless it looks utterly ridiculous.

The starters' typing seem okay enough, but I'm not keeping my hopes up for typing's like that, or even the concepts he has made for them, like the "Thor-Frog" idea he has for Froakie's evolution.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Blog Entries

I don't think professional modelers would let that happen. Besides, you don't use textures for one model and put it on another, you create different textures for different models.

Claims: Dialga | Multitype | Judgment | Adamant Orb | Draco Plate

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Warrior View Post
    Well, according to the person who posted this rumor in the first place:

Which means the new textures would be created specifically for a certain number of Pokemon, and GF would make sure nothing like what you mentioned happens.
    Yes but even so it would have to at least be correspondent to specific body types in the same size. I mean if they do this, and give traits from small pokemon to big Pokemon and vice versa, it would be weird. Not saying it will happen however, as its a bit out there, and its borderline fusion.

Quote Originally Posted by ApoVapo View Post
    * Normal: Kendama-based Pokemon. Its main body rides atop a giant ball.
    * Grass: A black-bear whose body is made of berries.
    * Fire: Pintata Bull with horns that are torches.
    * Water: Sea-bird. Looks like a socialite due to a feather that looks like an ascot.
    * Electric: A poodle whose fluffy-parts are statically-charged fur.
    * Bug: Millipede, besides the head its long body is made of bubbles
    * Flying: A peacock with a tail that’s a harp.
    * Steel: A female-like Pokemon whose long hair is made of long, steel cables.
    * Rock: A rock-based snail, its got a bell for a shell, and its body looks like a cathedral.
    * Ground: An elephant whose body is covered in hardened mud-armor, more realistic looking than Donphan.
    * Psychic: An “Arabian” Pokemon wrapped in a brightly-colored carpet clothing.
    * Dark: Raccoon. Its tail serves as a burglar sack, and it’s got a stylish black mask.
    * Poison: Little purple lizard, it swings its (very large) broken tail around like a huge club.
    * Fighting: A very weird Pokemon who resembles a giant, living sneaker. Cooler looking than it sounds.
    * Ice: A Snowman with coal on its head looking like the incense marks Shaolin Monks have.
    * Ghost: A kasa-obake (umbrella ghost) that’s brightly colored and “fancy” looking.
    * Dragon: A Kirin that looks like a dragonic-unicorn.”
    What makes this sound fake to me is that a lot of these ideas sound like "X animal made out of X item" like the Grass, Fire, Steel, Bug, and Rock types.

I don't see what's so unbelievable about Xerneas being Ice/Steel. I doubt Game Freak worries about quadruple weaknesses when designing Pokemon.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

One example I can give is that it is possible to get certain Pokemon sporting Pikachu’s red cheeks.
    I noticed a follow-up post by the rumor poster in the 4chan thread mentioned that this year's Mini-Movie would bring the cross-bred idea into the anime...

A Pikachu-colored Eevee? I can kind of see them doing that.

Follow exosilver on Tumblr

I predict two more Eeveelutions. Perhaps a Poison type by the name of Venefeon or equivalent, and a Ground type named Tochireon or equivalent, as both are named after Latin and Japanese derivatives of poison and land respectively. Also, I'm hoping for a Dark/Electric type because hell yes Dark/Electric.

Add Rainbow Dashie on Facebook
    Follow Rainbow Dashie on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Xybirk View Post
    I don't see what's so unbelievable about Xerneas being Ice/Steel. I doubt Game Freak worries about quadruple weaknesses when designing Pokemon.
    What's so unbelievable about it is that Xerneas is the mascot legendary and if it was Ice/Steel it would have two quadruple weaknesses, Fire and Fighting.

Are you a brony? If so, you should definitely check out this awesome forum: http://www.equestriaforever.com/forum.php. Tell them Commander Hurricane sent you.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

I dont see what about Xerneas relates to Ice but that's just me. It's legs look like swords, I think it may be part Steel type at least. I dunno if GF would make a quad-weakness legend though I personally wouldnt put anything past Game Freak.

just really quick:

how many times have these "i work for place" leaks with monotone explanations and new pokemon lists been correct?

if it's not never i will be totally shocked.

Surprise! winstein's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Some of these rumours have a certain tasty flavour that you get when you don't know a lot about the upcoming games, and I have to say that the type combos for the starters are the best. Others are alright, but not something I would believe in.

Thanks for reading.
    “A single soul can uphold a standard far above the low threshold by which the world measures itself.”

Latest Review: Dark-type Award Ceremony
    Bonus articles: Mega Evolution Candidates (Part 7) -- Generation 6 Pokémon (07/12/2013)

Quote Originally Posted by sunyshore View Post
    just really quick:

how many times have these "i work for place" leaks with monotone explanations and new pokemon lists been correct?

if it's not never i will be totally shocked.
    I'm pretty sure the answer is "never."

As Wottergate and the Melkor incident showed, when leaks happen they are BIG. None of this "I work for ____" nonsense. They come in the form of legit pictures.

I just posted this because I found some of the ideas interesting, not because I believe it. Rumours are rumours!

Nyx

We need a mandrake Pokemon! I can't believe we don't have one yet. It could be Grass/Psychic or Grass/Dark type.