SPOILERS: Gen VI Pokemon Discussion - Page 35

View Poll Results: Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

52 36.11%
  • Quilladin

35 24.31%
  • Fennekin

51 35.42%
  • Braixen

53 36.81%
  • Froakie

46 31.94%
  • Frogadier

59 40.97%
  • Fletchling

29 20.14%
  • Talonflame

45 31.25%
  • Pancham

32 22.22%
  • Pangoro

45 31.25%
  • Skiddo

28 19.44%
  • Gogoat

37 25.69%
  • Inkay

28 19.44%
  • Malamar

34 23.61%
  • Litleo

28 19.44%
  • Pyroar

56 38.89%
  • Scatterbug

14 9.72%
  • Spewpa

13 9.03%
  • Vivillon

32 22.22%
  • Helioptile

30 20.83%
  • Flabébé

23 15.97%
  • Skrelp

27 18.75%
  • Clauncher

32 22.22%
  • Noivern

51 35.42%
  • Spritzee

30 20.83%
  • Swirlix

18 12.50%
  • Honedge

36 25.00%
  • Dedenne

27 18.75%
  • Bunnelby

18 12.50%
  • Furfrou

27 18.75%
  • Tyrunt

61 42.36%
  • Amaura

48 33.33%
  • Meowstic

53 36.81%
  • Orotto

30 20.83%
  • Sylveon

47 32.64%
  • Xerneas

59 40.97%
  • Yveltal

41 28.47%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 35 of 348 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast
Like Tree2711Likes

Thread: Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Blog Entries

Default Re: New Pokemon Discussion and Speculation Thread

and I have actually seen the full roster of new Pokemon as have quite a few people worldwide due to the difficulty regarding keeping everything under wraps.
    Oh, please. I am sure that TPCi can manage avoiding leaks as many as nine months before the release. This rumor is just someone's wishful thinking, and I have a feeling I know the culprit. Some people enjoy wasting their time on this kind of thing far too much.

Xerneas is Ice/Steel
    Yikes. Two quadrupled weaknesses for a legendary?
    Robo-Floatzel likes this.

Blog Entries

Ah, gotta love how people try.

Claims: Dialga | Multitype | Judgment | Adamant Orb | Draco Plate

Quote Originally Posted by ApoVapo View Post
    I saw this from Malcolm Belmont over Serebiiforums:

* No new types, but there are “Cross-bred” Pokemon introduced. Certain father/mother breeding pairs will result in a visually distinct child, who will be the mother’s species, but will, for example, have a pattern reminiscent of its father or a slightly altered color scheme. This is basically the new Gender Difference and is simply an aesthetic bonus, nothing extreme and only certain pairings result in this…the Pokemon is still considered the species of its mother, it’s not a new species. One example I can give is that it is possible to get certain Pokemon sporting Pikachu’s red cheeks.

* The Starters become Grass/Steel, Fire/Psychic, and Water/Electric. They’re inspired by various European-centric archetypes…Chespin becomes a knight with chestnut armor, Fennekin a wizard with a majestic fur cloak, and Froakie a Nordic Viking with a thunder-cloud mullet/beard combo.

* Xerneas is Ice/Steel, and Yveltal is Fire/Dark. They have a unique ability where they can shift types with each other, Xerneas becoming red and Fire/Steel, and Yveltal becoming blue and Ice/Dark. Supposedly, Game Freak chose the typings in part due to members of the team being fans of R.R. Martin’s A Song of Ice and Fire, among other reasons.

* Normal: Kendama-based Pokemon. Its main body rides atop a giant ball.
    * Grass: A black-bear whose body is made of berries.
    * Fire: Pintata Bull with horns that are torches.
    * Water: Sea-bird. Looks like a socialite due to a feather that looks like an ascot.
    * Electric: A poodle whose fluffy-parts are statically-charged fur.
    * Bug: Millipede, besides the head its long body is made of bubbles
    * Flying: A peacock with a tail that’s a harp.
    * Steel: A female-like Pokemon whose long hair is made of long, steel cables.
    * Rock: A rock-based snail, its got a bell for a shell, and its body looks like a cathedral.
    * Ground: An elephant whose body is covered in hardened mud-armor, more realistic looking than Donphan.
    * Psychic: An “Arabian” Pokemon wrapped in a brightly-colored carpet clothing.
    * Dark: Raccoon. Its tail serves as a burglar sack, and it’s got a stylish black mask.
    * Poison: Little purple lizard, it swings its (very large) broken tail around like a huge club.
    * Fighting: A very weird Pokemon who resembles a giant, living sneaker. Cooler looking than it sounds.
    * Ice: A Snowman with coal on its head looking like the incense marks Shaolin Monks have.
    * Ghost: A kasa-obake (umbrella ghost) that’s brightly colored and “fancy” looking.
    * Dragon: A Kirin that looks like a dragonic-unicorn.”

Would be REALLY COOL
    The new breeding system would be nice if it would be included in the final game.

lol. Xerneas's and Yveltal's typings seem impossible. Ice/Steel would mean, well, Quadruple trouble, and Quad trouble doesn't fit a Legendary. And Fire/Dark seem inappropriate with a Flying pokemon.

The starters' types seem ok enough, but I'd still want it to be Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic, and Water/Fighting

The above 'announcement' sounds pretty cool, if it is true at all, though I'm not necessarily excited about the idea of evolutions for Gen I pokémon (if 'new developments' implies evolution at all). Other than that, I'd quite like a marsupial pokémon other than Kangaskan, a platypus or an echidna. I guess I essentially want Australia in pokémon. :p

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
    In laymen terms; Getting ready for tonight Genescent vs ????? later this year! was the gist of it.
    "Tonight"...?

Isn't it a bit early for such a reveal?

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Here's the picture of the tweet posted on 4chan...

And the person who posted it wrote this too...

Gladyos (グラッデン, Guradden) Is a Flying-like Pokémon said to appear in the 16th Pokémon movie defending Rakutta City along with Ash and Charizard against the attack of the Genesect gang.
    But as people pointed out, the tweet looks fake as there's so many likes and such despite being posted 12 seconds ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Quattro ~ Bajeena View Post
    Here's the picture of the tweet posted on 4chan...

And the person who posted it wrote this too...

Gladyos (グラッデン, Guradden) Is a Flying-like Pokémon said to appear in the 16th Pokémon movie defending Rakutta City along with Ash and Charizard against the attack of the Genesect gang.
    But as people pointed out, the tweet looks fake as there's so many likes and such despite being posted 12 seconds ago.
    Well so much for that. For someone to catch the tweet 12 seconds after it was posted, and it already being that popular... Yeah, this reeks of being fake. A bad one at that, just like all of those "Hey guys I work for TPCi" people.
    Robo-Floatzel likes this.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

I think it's safe to say that any posts that start with "I work for TCPi" are fake. Gotta admit the guy's fake leak does sound pretty cool, the breeding mechanics especially.

Nyx

I saw this from Malcolm Belmont over Serebiiforums:

I saw this posted on 4chan just now, seems interesting…

“Due to the “world wide” release of Pokemon X/Y, pre-release information that at this time would usually be reserved for the Japanese branch of the Pokemon Company is now present among the localization departments of the other regions as well (such as NOA, where I am situated), and I have actually seen the full roster of new Pokemon as have quite a few people worldwide due to the difficulty regarding keeping everything under wraps. Thus, I can share a bit of preliminary information about new Pokemon appearing in X/Y.
    Another rumor from "someone that works for Nintendo"? Yeah, right...

* More than 100 new Pokemon.

* There are indeed new evolutions and pre-evolutions, most of them focused on Gen V Pokemon. However, a few older Pokemon, including Gen I classics, are getting surprising new developments.
    Well yeah, pretty much everyone guessed that.

* No new types, but there are “Cross-bred” Pokemon introduced. Certain father/mother breeding pairs will result in a visually distinct child, who will be the mother’s species, but will, for example, have a pattern reminiscent of its father or a slightly altered color scheme. This is basically the new Gender Difference and is simply an aesthetic bonus, nothing extreme and only certain pairings result in this…the Pokemon is still considered the species of its mother, it’s not a new species. One example I can give is that it is possible to get certain Pokemon sporting Pikachu’s red cheeks.
    Sounds pretty cool actually. Would be even better if it affected more that just the Pokemon's appearence.

* The Starters become Grass/Steel, Fire/Psychic, and Water/Electric. They’re inspired by various European-centric archetypes…Chespin becomes a knight with chestnut armor, Fennekin a wizard with a majestic fur cloak, and Froakie a Nordic Viking with a thunder-cloud mullet/beard combo.
    I like this one too, except from Froakie's typing, it would have an unfair advantage. Fennekin turning into a wizard-like Pokemon sounds awesome though.

* Xerneas is Ice/Steel, and Yveltal is Fire/Dark. They have a unique ability where they can shift types with each other, Xerneas becoming red and Fire/Steel, and Yveltal becoming blue and Ice/Dark. Supposedly, Game Freak chose the typings in part due to members of the team being fans of R.R. Martin’s A Song of Ice and Fire, among other reasons.
    Ice/Steel would be a horrible typing for a version mascot.

* Normal: Kendama-based Pokemon. Its main body rides atop a giant ball.
    * Grass: A black-bear whose body is made of berries.
    * Fire: Pintata Bull with horns that are torches.
    * Water: Sea-bird. Looks like a socialite due to a feather that looks like an ascot.
    * Electric: A poodle whose fluffy-parts are statically-charged fur.
    * Bug: Millipede, besides the head its long body is made of bubbles
    * Flying: A peacock with a tail that’s a harp.
    * Steel: A female-like Pokemon whose long hair is made of long, steel cables.
    * Rock: A rock-based snail, its got a bell for a shell, and its body looks like a cathedral.
    * Ground: An elephant whose body is covered in hardened mud-armor, more realistic looking than Donphan.
    * Psychic: An “Arabian” Pokemon wrapped in a brightly-colored carpet clothing.
    * Dark: Raccoon. Its tail serves as a burglar sack, and it’s got a stylish black mask.
    * Poison: Little purple lizard, it swings its (very large) broken tail around like a huge club.
    * Fighting: A very weird Pokemon who resembles a giant, living sneaker. Cooler looking than it sounds.
    * Ice: A Snowman with coal on its head looking like the incense marks Shaolin Monks have.
    * Ghost: A kasa-obake (umbrella ghost) that’s brightly colored and “fancy” looking.
    * Dragon: A Kirin that looks like a dragonic-unicorn.”
    I'm not liking most of those ideas, unfortunately.

Zeb
    five times in the mirror Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

Any leaks this ridiculously early in the pre-release period should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Though some of those pokemon ideas sound cool - the bear and the peacock mostly--though I think a lyrebird would fit a harp tail better than a peacock, but whatever it's not real anyway. Others sound bad, a fighting-type shoe? Please no, thanks.

The rumour's writing style reads similar to the rumours a certain BMGf member invented and posted for B2W2. :P

And "dragonic" isn't a real word.
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

Blog Entries

Since this is probably going to be based in France, I will be highly disappointed if there isn't a Baguette Pokémon.

Nice weather we're having SirOni's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ah, well. I really liked this idea for another raccoon Pokemon. It seems rather fitting.

I've been expecting a kasa-obake Pokemon for some time now.
    Caro: 0774-4484-9102

IGN: Antonio

URPG:http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f401/cerony-urpg-66373/

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

That entire 4chan post is more then likely fake, but its the best effort yet. An electric fluffy poodle would indeed be awesome, cause then it would likely be the second best electric Pokemon after Ampharos, all fluffy in the beginning, and pure awesome when evolved. The aesthetic breeding thing sounds like a nightmare though, I mean okay give us some rumor like that if the games still used sprites, but with Polygons? How in the world would the random texturing work in such a scenario?

And as a note, I doubt the official Pokemon facebook actually posted something like that, and its just a really good photoshop from 4chan. Also, the hell? You guys are calling that a tweet when its really a facebook posting.

El_
    Blog Entries

Well, that rumor is at least a good deal better than the ones that were around before X & Y were announced. I actually like the starter ideas as their not too far fetched, bonus points for Fennekin becoming a Psychic wizard and them overall being based on Euro archetypes.

The cross breeding thing actually isn't a bad idea either, it would give people more of an incentive to breed their Pokemon at least.

Fire: Pintata Bull with horns that are torches.
    Lol, oddly enough I can somehow envision that. Not really expecting much out of any rumor as always, but it sounds interesting, especially the whole Ice & Fire bit with Xerneas & Yveltal.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chespin View Post
    That entire 4chan post is more then likely fake, but its the best effort yet. An electric fluffy poodle would indeed be awesome, cause then it would likely be the second best electric Pokemon after Ampharos, all fluffy in the beginning, and pure awesome when evolved. The aesthetic breeding thing sounds like a nightmare though, I mean okay give us some rumor like that if the games still used sprites, but with Polygons? How in the world would the random texturing work in such a scenario?
    I don't see a problem. You just have to create textures for a model instead of creating entirely new sprites. I actually see the random texturing more of a problem for sprites.

Why does people think making stuff in 3D is so hard? Using sprites is actually more tedious and time consuming than using models.

Claims: Dialga | Multitype | Judgment | Adamant Orb | Draco Plate