Would you like to ride my Ferris wheel?
I wonder if they'll introduce any new cat or dog Pokemon this time. We got Meowth & Persian, Growlithe & Arcanine in Generation I, Snubbull & Granbull, Houndour & Houndoom in Generation II, Skitty & Delcatty, Electrike & Manectric in Generation III, Glameow & Purrugly in Generation IV and Purrloin's & Lillipup's lines in Generation V.
1.) lol I meant a one that isn't a starter, but oh well, I guess I should've made that clear earlier
2.) Attack based pokemon don't have to look it. Like Leafeon.
3.) Oh well.
1. I'd like to see a Grass/Dragon Pokemon. A fter that, then all 4 basic elements will now have a Dragon pairing (Palkia, Reshiram, Zekrom being the other 3)
2. A rival who acts like a real bad guy and not someone you will somehow be friends with and also, one who isn't related to the villain team
3. A Poison type Pseudo-legendary
Types are no longer Physical and Special, it's not impossible for Eevee to evolve into types formerly classified as Physical, we don't know that Game Freak only intended Eevee to have "special" type evolutions, so I wouldnt rule out Eevee having these type Eeveelutions in X and Y.
Just found this tweet not to long ago. Mind you I found it via tumblr so...yeah.
Edit: Nevermind; it was torn down the moment I posted the link. Sorry everyone.
Last edited by Velvet; 22nd January 2013 at 01:35 AM. Reason: link was torn down
Last edited by szmty; 22nd January 2013 at 01:35 AM. Reason: didn't added quote :P
In laymen terms; Getting ready for tonight Genescent vs ????? later this year! was the gist of it.
And who posted that?
@Silktree; it was Pokemon.com's twitter.
Oh, you should have said so. That's interesting, but it's odd that they made a vague statement and then took it down. But at least now people will stop saying that Genesect is the main star.
@Silktree; sorry I'll make sure to keep that in mind for the future. Hmmm it is true that it's very odd, perhaps it wasn't suppose to be released so early? Stuff like that does happen or it's something else. Still at least that is cleared up, though I'm rather curious what the new Pokemon is.
I saw this from Malcolm Belmont over Serebiiforums:
I saw this posted on 4chan just now, seems interesting…
“Due to the “world wide” release of Pokemon X/Y, pre-release information that at this time would usually be reserved for the Japanese branch of the Pokemon Company is now present among the localization departments of the other regions as well (such as NOA, where I am situated), and I have actually seen the full roster of new Pokemon as have quite a few people worldwide due to the difficulty regarding keeping everything under wraps. Thus, I can share a bit of preliminary information about new Pokemon appearing in X/Y.
* More than 100 new Pokemon.
* There are indeed new evolutions and pre-evolutions, most of them focused on Gen V Pokemon. However, a few older Pokemon, including Gen I classics, are getting surprising new developments.
* No new types, but there are “Cross-bred” Pokemon introduced. Certain father/mother breeding pairs will result in a visually distinct child, who will be the mother’s species, but will, for example, have a pattern reminiscent of its father or a slightly altered color scheme. This is basically the new Gender Difference and is simply an aesthetic bonus, nothing extreme and only certain pairings result in this…the Pokemon is still considered the species of its mother, it’s not a new species. One example I can give is that it is possible to get certain Pokemon sporting Pikachu’s red cheeks.
* The Starters become Grass/Steel, Fire/Psychic, and Water/Electric. They’re inspired by various European-centric archetypes…Chespin becomes a knight with chestnut armor, Fennekin a wizard with a majestic fur cloak, and Froakie a Nordic Viking with a thunder-cloud mullet/beard combo.
* Xerneas is Ice/Steel, and Yveltal is Fire/Dark. They have a unique ability where they can shift types with each other, Xerneas becoming red and Fire/Steel, and Yveltal becoming blue and Ice/Dark. Supposedly, Game Freak chose the typings in part due to members of the team being fans of R.R. Martin’s A Song of Ice and Fire, among other reasons.
* Normal: Kendama-based Pokemon. Its main body rides atop a giant ball.
* Grass: A black-bear whose body is made of berries.
* Fire: Pintata Bull with horns that are torches.
* Water: Sea-bird. Looks like a socialite due to a feather that looks like an ascot.
* Electric: A poodle whose fluffy-parts are statically-charged fur.
* Bug: Millipede, besides the head its long body is made of bubbles
* Flying: A peacock with a tail that’s a harp.
* Steel: A female-like Pokemon whose long hair is made of long, steel cables.
* Rock: A rock-based snail, its got a bell for a shell, and its body looks like a cathedral.
* Ground: An elephant whose body is covered in hardened mud-armor, more realistic looking than Donphan.
* Psychic: An “Arabian” Pokemon wrapped in a brightly-colored carpet clothing.
* Dark: Raccoon. Its tail serves as a burglar sack, and it’s got a stylish black mask.
* Poison: Little purple lizard, it swings its (very large) broken tail around like a huge club.
* Fighting: A very weird Pokemon who resembles a giant, living sneaker. Cooler looking than it sounds.
* Ice: A Snowman with coal on its head looking like the incense marks Shaolin Monks have.
* Ghost: A kasa-obake (umbrella ghost) that’s brightly colored and “fancy” looking.
* Dragon: A Kirin that looks like a dragonic-unicorn.”
Would be REALLY COOL