SPOILERS: Gen VI Pokemon Discussion - Page 33

View Poll Results: Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

52 36.11%
  • Quilladin

35 24.31%
  • Fennekin

51 35.42%
  • Braixen

53 36.81%
  • Froakie

46 31.94%
  • Frogadier

59 40.97%
  • Fletchling

29 20.14%
  • Talonflame

45 31.25%
  • Pancham

32 22.22%
  • Pangoro

45 31.25%
  • Skiddo

28 19.44%
  • Gogoat

37 25.69%
  • Inkay

28 19.44%
  • Malamar

34 23.61%
  • Litleo

28 19.44%
  • Pyroar

56 38.89%
  • Scatterbug

14 9.72%
  • Spewpa

13 9.03%
  • Vivillon

32 22.22%
  • Helioptile

30 20.83%
  • Flabébé

23 15.97%
  • Skrelp

27 18.75%
  • Clauncher

32 22.22%
  • Noivern

51 35.42%
  • Spritzee

30 20.83%
  • Swirlix

18 12.50%
  • Honedge

36 25.00%
  • Dedenne

27 18.75%
  • Bunnelby

18 12.50%
  • Furfrou

27 18.75%
  • Tyrunt

61 42.36%
  • Amaura

48 33.33%
  • Meowstic

53 36.81%
  • Orotto

30 20.83%
  • Sylveon

47 32.64%
  • Xerneas

59 40.97%
  • Yveltal

41 28.47%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 33 of 348 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast
Like Tree2711Likes

Thread: Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Default Re: New Pokemon Discussion and Speculation Thread

A zombie pokemon which can evolve into a Lich, a Vampire, a mummy, or an expy of Fankenstein's monster.
    I want my Meloetta!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rozenskye View Post
    well for the next gen i want a Minotour like pokemon with maybe a Dark/Fighting combi type or Dark/Ground type. I know we have Tauros but I was thinking of something like the actual Minotour where it stands on it's two legs like cubone. and maybe a lion like pokemon, again I know Entei exist but Entei looks more like of a dog instead of a lion, I want to see one that actually looks like a lion with it's fur puffing out like the male lion. I was thinking of it having four forms based on evolution stones like Eevee. it could start up like a normal looking lion cub then when evolved using a fire stone or something the evolved form would have the look of an adult lion but it's puffy fur would be made of fire or something like that.
    Shinx is a Lion... I want a wolf! (if Xernias and Yveltal are based on Norse myths maybe a Fenrir legend?)
    The_Doctor likes this.
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

Visit Rozenskye's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    well for the next gen i want a Minotour like pokemon with maybe a Dark/Fighting combi type or Dark/Ground type. I know we have Tauros but I was thinking of something like the actual Minotour where it stands on it's two legs like cubone. and maybe a lion like pokemon, again I know Entei exist but Entei looks more like of a dog instead of a lion, I want to see one that actually looks like a lion with it's fur puffing out like the male lion. I was thinking of it having four forms based on evolution stones like Eevee. it could start up like a normal looking lion cub then when evolved using a fire stone or something the evolved form would have the look of an adult lion but it's puffy fur would be made of fire or something like that.
    Shinx is a Lion... I want a wolf! (if Xernias and Yveltal are based on Norse myths maybe a Fenrir legend?)
    I was thinking something more like the actual lion look. Shinx looked more like a cat/mouse hybrid.

something close to this was what i was imagining.

aren't there alot of wolf like pokemon already? or are those foxes? Zoroark looks like a werewolf. what about more snake pokemons? I want a double headed or triple headed snake pokemon something more sinister and dark looking. or maybe a better octopus like pokemon than Octilliery for a legendary a gryphon like pokemon would be cool.

Blog Entries

Zoroark resembles a werewolf but it is actually based on a kitsune. You can argue that Poochyena and Mightyena are based on wolves, but they're actually hyenas. There is to date no actual wolf Pokemon, and frankly, I hope there never is. And we do have a lion Pokemon. It's called Luxray.

Now, about Xerneas and Yveltal being based on Norse myths.... I happen to know several things about Norse mythology, I've done some studies on it and it's my favorite mythology. While I can see how Xerneas could be somewhat based on Norse myths in mind (The group of deer that eat the foliage of Yggdrasil, or the four deer that either represent the four seasons or winds), I don't really see how Yveltal is based on anything from Norse mythology. There was an unnamed Eagle that perched on the top of Yggdrasil and watched the nine worlds go by, but it otherwise did nothing else, and I hardly see how Yveltal could be based on that. I also don't think there's much of a similarly between the deer in Norse mythology and Xerneas, besides the fact that they're both deer. Why is everyone then thinking of Norse myths when they think of Xerneas and Yveltal? Other than that the region appears to be based in Europe. But there's been plenty of other deer and bird myths and tales from other parts in Europe, and since Norse mythology doesn't have a lot going for it for these two Pokemon, then I really don't see how people keep connecting the two.

Unless I am forgetting stuff and am making a butt of myself, but I honestly don't see much of a connection. If the legendaries were a wolf and a snake (two of Loki's three children), then I could clearly see a great connection there, but Xerneas and Yveltal are not a wolf or snake.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Akai View Post
    Zoroark resembles a werewolf but it is actually based on a kitsune. You can argue that Poochyena and Mightyena are based on wolves, but they're actually hyenas. There is to date no actual wolf Pokemon, and frankly, I hope there never is. And we do have a lion Pokemon. It's called Luxray.

Now, about Xerneas and Yveltal being based on Norse myths.... I happen to know several things about Norse mythology, I've done some studies on it and it's my favorite mythology. While I can see how Xerneas could be somewhat based on Norse myths in mind (The group of deer that eat the foliage of Yggdrasil, or the four deer that either represent the four seasons or winds), I don't really see how Yveltal is based on anything from Norse mythology. There was an unnamed Eagle that perched on the top of Yggdrasil and watched the nine worlds go by, but it otherwise did nothing else, and I hardly see how Yveltal could be based on that. I also don't think there's much of a similarly between the deer in Norse mythology and Xerneas, besides the fact that they're both deer. Why is everyone then thinking of Norse myths when they think of Xerneas and Yveltal? Other than that the region appears to be based in Europe. But there's been plenty of other deer and bird myths and tales from other parts in Europe, and since Norse mythology doesn't have a lot going for it for these two Pokemon, then I really don't see how people keep connecting the two.

Unless I am forgetting stuff and am making a butt of myself, but I honestly don't see much of a connection. If the legendaries were a wolf and a snake (two of Loki's three children), then I could clearly see a great connection there, but Xerneas and Yveltal are not a wolf or snake.
    Xerneas and Yveltal being based off of Norse mythology has already been discussed in the http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f693/legendary-pokemon-discussion-144804/ thread, which is being a bit inactive now, and I think any discussion about them ought to go in there. You're late to the game!

If we're going to discuss the big cats, how about a Pokemon based on the cheetah? A three-stage Pokemon family based around its speed?

Claims: Dialga | Multitype | Judgment | Adamant Orb | Draco Plate

You are fully right.

Xerneas comes close to that doe Hercules had to catch (golden antlers). Yveltal has maybe something to do with a quetzal or something.

Blog Entries

Last night I was watching an episode of Nature on PBS about Koalas, and it would be nice to see a Koala pokemon that maybe evolves into a Giant Panda. while distinctly different types of mammals, I can see an evolution line with these two.

As pokemon, they would be Normal, Grass, or Normal/Grass with at least high HP.

Visit Rozenskye's Youtube Channel

yes i know about Luxray i was just thinking of a pokemon that actually resembles a Lion without the over-designed body parts.
    Bellossom likes this.

Would you like to ride my Ferris wheel?

Has converted to Helixism Miles101's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I want another octopus Pokémon. Octillery isn't cool enough.
    Rozenskye likes this.

I don't want them to get too out of control with evolutions the way Gen 4 did. A few would be nice though.

Default Re: That pokemon we ever wanted...

I don't think it'll be anything significant. Most other number connotations have never really been incorporated into Pokemon designs.

Except maybe Bellsprout...
    pastafari and Zeta like this.

Forever Lacking Rhythm Konoko Hasano's Avatar

was thinking something more like the actual lion look. Shinx looked more like a cat/mouse hybrid.
    Just like another well known lion cub, huh? :P

And Shinx definitely evolves into what can be seen is a lion. However, I do agree that another lion Pokemon would be nice to have.
    Isamu Akai and The_Doctor like this.

Add Bellossom on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Miles101 View Post
    I want another octopus Pokémon. Octillery isn't cool enough.
    What about an Octillery evolution?
    Cabecote and szmty like this.
    If at first you don't succeed, warp reality till it fits your demands ;)

claimed Ekans on 10/28/2012 and all has been well in the world ever since. :)

Nyx

Pokemon #666 is gonna be as associated with evil as Weedle is with bad luck.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

I doubt they are going to make any association at all to the number 666 and it will be some generic bird, bug or other misc Pokemon.