SPOILERS: Gen VI Pokemon Discussion - Page 26

View Poll Results: Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

52 36.11%
  • Quilladin

35 24.31%
  • Fennekin

51 35.42%
  • Braixen

53 36.81%
  • Froakie

46 31.94%
  • Frogadier

59 40.97%
  • Fletchling

29 20.14%
  • Talonflame

45 31.25%
  • Pancham

32 22.22%
  • Pangoro

45 31.25%
  • Skiddo

28 19.44%
  • Gogoat

37 25.69%
  • Inkay

28 19.44%
  • Malamar

34 23.61%
  • Litleo

28 19.44%
  • Pyroar

56 38.89%
  • Scatterbug

14 9.72%
  • Spewpa

13 9.03%
  • Vivillon

32 22.22%
  • Helioptile

30 20.83%
  • Flabébé

23 15.97%
  • Skrelp

27 18.75%
  • Clauncher

32 22.22%
  • Noivern

51 35.42%
  • Spritzee

30 20.83%
  • Swirlix

18 12.50%
  • Honedge

36 25.00%
  • Dedenne

27 18.75%
  • Bunnelby

18 12.50%
  • Furfrou

27 18.75%
  • Tyrunt

61 42.36%
  • Amaura

48 33.33%
  • Meowstic

53 36.81%
  • Orotto

30 20.83%
  • Sylveon

47 32.64%
  • Xerneas

59 40.97%
  • Yveltal

41 28.47%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 26 of 348 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast

Thread: Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Default Re: New Pokemon Discussion and Speculation Thread

I would like a Pokémon based on the "Northern Praying Mantis" style of Martial Arts.
    Maybe another Bug/Fighting? It could look like this fakemon, but with the fighting stance of the guy on the second picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Machine Gun View Post
    I've been hoping for a car pokemon or anything with wheels, its type can be steel/poison or steel/electric
    How about a car tyre that is a psychic type? :P

I've been hoping for a car pokemon or anything with wheels, its type can be steel/poison or steel/electric
    That would be cool. It would be the Gen VI Klink. :P

Steel/Poison would fit it better than Steel/Electric.

Blog Entries

Welp, every generation I have a main party that consists of the 3 starters, an electric type, a flyer of some kind, and a "wild card," all of which are named after a Final Fantasy summon. After 5 generations (thus 30 summon-named Pokemon), I'm running low on names, which brings me to the topic of this thread.

Silly as it may be, I'm hoping for some new Pokemon that I can name well! For the flyer, I want some kind of bird pokemon worthy of the name "Boko," like a roadrunner or ostritch. We have Doduo and Dotrio, but that's about it for your long-legged land birds. If it's a bright yellow electric/flying type, that takes care of two of my concerns and can still be named after a chocobo. (I know, I'm obsessive, but aren't we all to some degree?)

I love the idea of a legit kangaroo, and I'm oddly intrigued by the thought of something wheel-based. Maybe starting off with one wheel, then adding wheels as it evolved to give better mobility? I can definitely see potential in the concept (and I know of a couple summons that I could assign it if it made my party... >.>)

I would like to see a Dark/Psychic type, but it would only be immune to psychic and would be weak to bug, heh. Poison/Psychic, Ice/Steel and Poison/Steel would also be interesting combinations. Definitely want a stronger Electric/Flying type.

aka the fireflies guy Vanillish Twilight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Vanillish Twilight on Tumblr

lol I'm also hoping for more diverse names this time too, we don't have enough Pokemon with Q, Y, X and Z names. The new legendaries' names are a good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by ZodiacBeast View Post
    Definitely want a stronger Electric/Flying type.
    Thundurus and Zapdos aren't enough for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Reila View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ZodiacBeast View Post
    Definitely want a stronger Electric/Flying type.
    Thundurus and Zapdos aren't enough for you?
    I meant non-legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Solacen View Post
    How about a car tyre that is a psychic type? :P
    LOL, I saw that film xD it was so bad that I spent the hole film laughing (for those wondering the film is called Rubber, check it on Wikipedia)... But honestly if would give a nice pokémon :p

So on-topic: Since there is a X pokémon and a Y pokémon, I would expect a Z pokémon. Maybe a cobra/serpentine pokémon... Probably would be Water type since Yveetall flies and Xerneas is a "ground animal".

Admin Iteru's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

I've really been hoping to see a Pokémon based on a Siberian Tiger or a Snow Leopard for a while now. I love all the non-legendary cat-based Pokémon we've had so far but them being relegated to early captures with average stats for their evos really makes it hard to have a solid team that you like and that can pack a punch.

While a Snow Leopard does have a slightly whitish coat in places, a Siberian Tiger has colours which really contrast with white (orange and black) so I think it would make for a very different looking Ice type compared to what we've got before. As both species are very low in numbers, I think it would be interesting to take Farfetch'ds background and expand it. A Pokémon that is facing extinction because of humans and thus has to fight back, including utilising new methods. A cub could be pure Ice and when it evolves goes anthromorphic like Lucaro and Zoroark, with a new typing. I think either Fighting or Ghost would be interesting. Fighting would literally help it fight back and be more physically powerful. Ghost would help it elude hunters more.

It would definitely have a low encounter rate; not too sure if I'd want it to be the next Lucario or Zoroark.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Akai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chespin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Angela-Samshi View Post
    I'm not sure where to post this, but I made a little observation.

While looking at the screenshots of Fennekin, I noticed that it had brown markings on its paws and a little on its tail, even though its official artwork lacks these markings. It has me curious actually, and I'm wondering if it could be a possible gender difference. That, or maybe the trailer was showing some earlier beta footage of Fennekin's model, though that seems a little less likely.
    Are you thinking of this screenshot: http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/7/70/XY_Prerelease_Fennekin_Fire_attack.png ?

In that case, those aren't markings. It's actually the grass surrounding Fennekin, which overlaps everything but the outline of whatever Pokemon is standing there.
    Oh, huh, you're right actually. I guess that also explains the overlapping grass with that screenshot of Froakie too.

I find this a little annoying now though. The models are clearly outlined a little, yet the outlines make it seem like the overlapping grass are markings...

Well anyway, to add on to the discussion of new Pokemon species... I myself would like to see a goat Pokemon. There's the Muskateer trio sure, but I mean something a little more like a traditional, ranch-bred goat. If the region really is based on parts of Europe, then who knows, it may be more likely now. I know a friend of mine is personally dying for a poodle Pokemon, as someone else here once said.
    Dark/Psychic Goat mon for slot number 666, go!
    Funny. Except that number isn't even the number of the beast, it's just a mistranslation. But besides that little fact, that certainly would be an amusing thing to see... and another reason to get those Christian fundamentalists raging about Pokemon all over again....

Who gives a fuck what the fundamentalist think? Nobody takes them seriously anymore... they pretty much lost any and all credability after the Harry Potter fiasco
    That wasn't what I was saying. Of course no one takes them seriously anymore, but to hear them raging on again would still be an annoyance to everyone.
    I think it's kinda funny... seeing them make fools of themselves... though I do hate the WBC now THERE are some sick people...
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    I think it's kinda funny... seeing them make fools of themselves... though I do hate the WBC now THERE are some sick people...
    That's great, but it's not the topic of this thread so stop discussing it.

I don't know if this has been discussed (and I'm sure it has but I won't check 24 pages) but I'm sure Yvetal is a Dark/Flying Pokémon.

I would like to see Pokemon based off of kangaroos, quail, Tasmanian devil, koalas, falcon, robin, cardinal, raven, orioles, bluejay, more dogs( something like a Saint Bernard would be cool), armadillo, cygnet, antelope, gazelle, wildebeest, water buffalo, wolves, coyotes, panda, bear( we already have two based on grizzlies and polar), beaver, dolphin, wildcat, lynx, mountain lion, snow tiger, polecat, chamois, platypus(Psyduck doesn't count), termite, armadillidiidae(or rollie pollie), mosquitoe. I could continue, but I think everyone will get where I am going with this post.

I would also like to see more Pokemon based off of inanimate objects like computers, iPods, cameras, clocks, lightbulb just some ideas I thought I might add.
    Last edited by Pokefanforever; 16th January 2013 at 12:55 PM.

Default Re: That pokemon we ever wanted...

You guys do realise that 666 really isn't any sort of special number in Japan, right? I mean, outside of Christian influence, which isn't taken seriously in Japan either way.
    Christian influence? I am Christian and not all Christians believe in everything the Bible says, you know, it's 2000 years old and stuff.