SPOILERS: Gen VI Pokemon Discussion - Page 248

View Poll Results: Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

52 36.11%
  • Quilladin

35 24.31%
  • Fennekin

51 35.42%
  • Braixen

53 36.81%
  • Froakie

46 31.94%
  • Frogadier

59 40.97%
  • Fletchling

29 20.14%
  • Talonflame

45 31.25%
  • Pancham

32 22.22%
  • Pangoro

45 31.25%
  • Skiddo

28 19.44%
  • Gogoat

37 25.69%
  • Inkay

28 19.44%
  • Malamar

34 23.61%
  • Litleo

28 19.44%
  • Pyroar

56 38.89%
  • Scatterbug

14 9.72%
  • Spewpa

13 9.03%
  • Vivillon

32 22.22%
  • Helioptile

30 20.83%
  • Flabébé

23 15.97%
  • Skrelp

27 18.75%
  • Clauncher

32 22.22%
  • Noivern

51 35.42%
  • Spritzee

30 20.83%
  • Swirlix

18 12.50%
  • Honedge

36 25.00%
  • Dedenne

27 18.75%
  • Bunnelby

18 12.50%
  • Furfrou

27 18.75%
  • Tyrunt

61 42.36%
  • Amaura

48 33.33%
  • Meowstic

53 36.81%
  • Orotto

30 20.83%
  • Sylveon

47 32.64%
  • Xerneas

59 40.97%
  • Yveltal

41 28.47%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 248 of 348 FirstFirst ... 148198238246247248249250258298 ... LastLast
Results 3,706 to 3,720 of 5214
Like Tree2711Likes

Thread: Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Follow Meophist On Twitter

Default Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Chesman View Post
    So have we gotten anywhere on the mascot legendaries' influences yet? I mean, geomantic deers aren't exactly common, and neither are giant death birds. I know it can be a hodgepodge of ideas like the last two gen, but they feel too specific. Maybe a combo of celtic personas, like cernnunos the fertility god, plus the forbidden rennaiscance arts? But then what about the other 5 and what would fit with geomancy and necromancy...
    Somebody on NeoGAF has an idea about the move Geomancy's origins: NeoGAF - View Single Post - Xerneas vs Yveltal?

Archosaur Enthusiast Spikeheila's Avatar
    Blog Entries

As far as I'm concerged, Yveltal's design and being based around destruction/death(as evidenced by it's so-called signature move Death/Oblivion wing) may be,in part, based on Vultures.It's naked neck and face, very long wings. Maybe there's some extra vulture mythos that might be involved too?

Coincidentally, the other vulture pokemon ,Mandibuzz, is also a dark/flying type.

Some birds(and non-avian dinosaurs) also happen to sport similar headgear as well.

Electric Friend Safari: Luxio, Electabuzz, Pachirisu.

Nice weather we're having SirOni's Avatar
    Blog Entries

They definitely have some connections to Apollo and Artemis.
    Caro: 0774-4484-9102

IGN: Antonio

URPG:http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f401/cerony-urpg-66373/

Registered User KingOfSanAndreas's Avatar

Visit KingOfSanAndreas's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Gen VI Pokemon Speculation Thread

I freaking love Clauncher!! About time we had a lobster pokemon!

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

@Cerony;
    I'm somewhat not sure on artemis and apollo as their ambiguous roles in life and destruction don't fit the critirea.Everything else fits though, so you might be right.

Nice weather we're having SirOni's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Chesman View Post
    @Cerony;
    I'm somewhat not sure on artemis and apollo as their ambiguous roles in life and destruction don't fit the critirea.Everything else fits though, so you might be right.
    That's fine. It's not like Gamefreak to have their creations embody every aspect of the inspirations they take after. Especially with the complex designs and backstories of most legendaries.
    Caro: 0774-4484-9102

IGN: Antonio

URPG:http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?t=66373

Registered User Neptune's Disciple's Avatar

I think Xerneas' base on a deer and Fairy typing is enough to link it to Artemis, the Goddess of the Moon. GF have already shown us that Fairy has at least some connection to the moon, and Artemis' sacred animal was a deer. I'm not at all sure how Yveltal relates to Apollo though, as he was the God of the sun, poetry, divination etc. Hardly destructive forces...

Blog Entries

Yveltal is probably a mix of various Crow/Raven myths, most of which associate Ravens with Prophecy, Punishment, Battle and, weirdly, the Sun. These relations include:

- Babd/Nemain/Morrigan, Celtic Goddesses of War and Death (who might be the same person, or a triple goddess or a quadruple goddess, no one is all that certain) turned into a Raven/Crow, and flew over corpses after battlefields, and also to foretell doom and death to come, and showed up when notable people were going to die.
    - Apollo, a Greek god of prophecy (oracle of Delphi is his oracle), of light and enlightenment and later the sun, and he is also well known for striking dead people that pissed off the gods (no, seriously this is a thing he in particular is known for, not like an offhand thing he did like once in an obscure myth, he, and also Artemis sometimes, did it like all the freaking time, it was a main function of his, usually by shooting people with arrows of doom)
    - Odin, the Head Norse God of prophecy, war, death, wisdom and magic (and a bunch of other stuff too). He's actually supposed to be the wisest person in the Norse universe. A raven is a major symbol of his and he is usually shown with a raven on each shoulder, one named thought and one named memory, (which represents wisdom coming from consideration and remembrance of lessons from the past and such.)
    - Shani, a Hindu God who rides a bird (every on Hindu mythology get's a spiffy mount), is a god of karma, or justice, you might say. Basically he gives you rewards and punishments based on your actions, so he helps the righteous and punishes evil doers, usually by, you know, killing them. Oh, and his brother is the god of death. When he was born, the first thing he saw when he opened his eyes was a solar eclipse, which is also kind of ironic.

It's design might be based on the Yatagarasu, AKA Three-Legged Crow, or Sun Crow, in particular (which had 3 legs, kind of like the 'Y' shaped Yveltal, with it's claw shaped wings and feathers, huh?) which are considered messengers of the Divine that carry out their will, and in one particular tale ten Sun Crows descended to Earth at once and burn it to the ground. Another weird relation to Crows and the sun. They are also symbols or pets of Amaterasu, the Japanese sun goddess, if i remember correctly. I also vaguely remember some story about an archer that shot at the sun and hit a crow or something that might have been a chinese myth. I'm too lazy to look it up, someone else can if they want.

So...Yveltal...the Destruction Pokemon...signature move is Oblivious Wing...seems cut and dry.

Official Claimer of the Pokemon Pumpkaboo | Official Claimer of the Move Trick-Or-Treat | Official Claimer of the Items Silph Scopeand Odd Keystone.
    If you like comedy, check out my fanfic "You Win Some, You Lose Some" (CHAPTER THREE UP!) | For some supplementary art, visit NG's Sketches 'n Stuff!

imageuploadedbytapatalk1374752871.107236.jpg

Do I spot a fletchling evo / Talonflame pre-evo? Looks like two tail feathers to me. Screen shot courtesy of seribii, although it doesn't look like they noticed what it contained.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mewwho View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374752871.107236.jpg 
Views:	615 
Size:	23.2 KB 
ID:	88788

Do I spot a fletchling evo / Talonflame pre-evo? Looks like two tail feathers to me. Screen shot courtesy of seribii, although it doesn't look like they noticed what it contained.
    I see three tail feathers. Looks like Talonflame.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoroarkPKMN View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374752871.107236.jpg 
Views:	615 
Size:	23.2 KB 
ID:	88788

I see three tail feathers. Looks like Talonflame.
    After double checking the art for Talknflame, you're right. My bad. However, I have to say the Talonflame art looks much more like two tail feathers than three to me. Maybe it's not the final evo after all.

Zeb
    making a splash Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

It's Talonflame. The full image is this:

Lugiafanatic and Cabecote like this.
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb View Post

#feelingstupid.

But seriously, Talonflame totally has two tail feathers and not three. If you double Flethling's tafeather it looks just like Talonflame's right? I'm here for the third flethling evo being even more badass than Talonflame. Maybe I'm reaching though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb View Post

#feelingstupid.

But seriously, Talonflame totally has two tail feathers and not three. If you double Flethling's tafeather it looks just like Talonflame's right? I'm here for the third flethling evo being even more badass than Talonflame. Maybe I'm reaching though.
    Talonflame is most likely Fletchling's final evo. See the markings ON its tail feathers? Fletchling has 1 marking, Talon flame has 3. The middle evo probably has 2. So there's that evidence of the tail feather markings (the number of tail feathers probably doesn't matter, it's the Arrow stripe markings that give the biggest clue), also, in a picture of the pokedex, we can see 3 spaces alloted for Fletchling (Fletchling is shown, however there are two empty spots after it for evolutions I believe), also, while not completely conclusive, Fletchling is the regional bird and Talonflame already looks bigger and more badass than every other one combined imo.

EDIT: I just noticed something else while looking at the official artworks of Fletchling and Talonflame that completely contradicts your claim about the number of tail feathers: They both have 2. Both of them have the exact same number of tail feathers, so that's irrelevant. The middle evolution we haven't seen yet probably also has 2. It also probably has two stripe arrow markings.
    Last edited by The_Doctor; 25th July 2013 at 08:26 AM.
    NoirGrimoir likes this.

Blog Entries

Yveltal's design show destruction. The lines under wings represent the cracks of the earth. The color red and black represent flame and destruction. The turf of feather around the neck is like smoke from ruin after bombing. Xerneas' horns, beside DNA helix, could represent the phylogenetic tree, as the diversity of life, its body color of blue and black could represent water and earth, which are essential for life.
    epicparker likes this.