SPOILERS: Gen VI Pokemon Discussion - Page 246

View Poll Results: Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

    52 36.11%
  • Quilladin

    35 24.31%
  • Fennekin

    51 35.42%
  • Braixen

    53 36.81%
  • Froakie

    46 31.94%
  • Frogadier

    59 40.97%
  • Fletchling

    29 20.14%
  • Talonflame

    45 31.25%
  • Pancham

    32 22.22%
  • Pangoro

    45 31.25%
  • Skiddo

    28 19.44%
  • Gogoat

    37 25.69%
  • Inkay

    28 19.44%
  • Malamar

    34 23.61%
  • Litleo

    28 19.44%
  • Pyroar

    56 38.89%
  • Scatterbug

    14 9.72%
  • Spewpa

    13 9.03%
  • Vivillon

    32 22.22%
  • Helioptile

    30 20.83%
  • Flabébé

    23 15.97%
  • Skrelp

    27 18.75%
  • Clauncher

    32 22.22%
  • Noivern

    51 35.42%
  • Spritzee

    30 20.83%
  • Swirlix

    18 12.50%
  • Honedge

    36 25.00%
  • Dedenne

    27 18.75%
  • Bunnelby

    18 12.50%
  • Furfrou

    27 18.75%
  • Tyrunt

    61 42.36%
  • Amaura

    48 33.33%
  • Meowstic

    53 36.81%
  • Orotto

    30 20.83%
  • Sylveon

    47 32.64%
  • Xerneas

    59 40.97%
  • Yveltal

    41 28.47%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 246 of 348 FirstFirst ... 146196236244245246247248256296346 ... LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,690 of 5214
Like Tree2711Likes

Thread: Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

  1. #3676
    Tail Slap Scarftail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    193

    Visit Scarftail's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jda95 View Post
    The only one I could easily see not having any evolutionary relatives is Flabebe, for some reason I can't really imagine it having either a pre-evolution or an evolution.
    Flabébé is four inches tall. It's going to have at least one evolution.
    I wrap my long, white tail around my neck to show off. I also repel dust and static electricity.

  2. #3677
    PeeKaBoo s2daam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    220

    Default Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

    Personally I'm hoping for a 3 stage Flabébé line.

    Base Stage/Fairy - Flabébé - The type of flower that is held depends on the area, but is not a forme difference.
    Stage 1/Fairy/Grass - A larger Flabébé with larger, slightly drooping ears. It carries it's flower almost like an umbrella in order for the flower to gain more sunlight and in turn giving Flabébé more energy and strength.
    Stage 2/Fairy/Grass - A taller and slimmer Stage 1 that has several different formes depending on the flower that was being held as a Stage 1. The flower is now apart of the Pokémon and acts almost like a hat. The color scheme and Ability of this Pokémon changes depending on the flower, and each flower protects the pokémon from a certain status ailment (So five formes for Burn, Freeze, Paralysis, Sleep and Poison).
    Akromatic, The_Doctor and Vilendil like this.
    WELCOME TO KALOS!

    GET READY TO START A BRAND NEW ADVENTURE IN THE POKÉMON WORLD!

  3. #3678
    Zeb
    Zeb is offline
    making a splash Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    England
    Posts
    7,810
    Blog Entries
    138

    Follow Zeb on Tumblr

    Default Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

    I'll be disappointed if Flabebe doesn't evolve. I don't particularly like Flabebe itself, but I think it has great potential to evolve into something really unique.
    NoirGrimoir likes this.
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

  4. #3679
    Ice Type Master Disobedient's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    645

    Default Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by s2daam View Post
    Personally I'm hoping for a 3 stage Flabébé line.

    Base Stage/Fairy - Flabébé - The type of flower that is held depends on the area, but is not a forme difference.
    Stage 1/Fairy/Grass - A larger Flabébé with larger, slightly drooping ears. It carries it's flower almost like an umbrella in order for the flower to gain more sunlight and in turn giving Flabébé more energy and strength.
    Stage 2/Fairy/Grass - A taller and slimmer Stage 1 that has several different formes depending on the flower that was being held as a Stage 1. The flower is now apart of the Pokémon and acts almost like a hat. The color scheme and Ability of this Pokémon changes depending on the flower, and each flower protects the pokémon from a certain status ailment (So five formes for Burn, Freeze, Paralysis, Sleep and Poison).
    I love this idea. Hopefully they come up with a similar awesome idea.

  5. #3680
    Winged man prefers night Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Rage City
    Posts
    1,213
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VeggiePopper View Post
    LOL, I forgot those, my bad. Still, Dragon/Flying remains the most common combination among Dragon Pokémon, so my pooint stands: counting Dragon/Flying as an uncommon type combo is not really true.
    4 Pokemon out of 650 have the type that's pretty uncommon if you ask me (4 dragons out of 29 total, and 4 flying out of 84 total). And besides the four Pokemon I mentioned, we haven't had a new Dragon/Flying type for ten years, so yeah, it is an uncommon type.
    It's not common in terms of quantity, but Dragonite has been for 17 years one of the most popular Pokémon of all time. Salamence is relatively popular, to a lesser extent than Dragonite, but still easily recognizable. Rayquaza is a game mascot, that's enough. Altaria is arguably the least recurrent of the four, but still gets a little of attention due to being a Dragon-type Pokémon that doesn't look as a dragon at all.

    So, in the collective memory, Dragon/Flying is VERY common. Let alone competitive gaming..

    And while swapping types doesn't affect game mechanics at all, a primary Flying pokémon definitely gets a novelty factor that calls attention.
    VeggiePopper and Reila like this.

    Me verás volar por la ciudad de la furia...
    - Pokémon games are like boobs; designed for children, but more enjoyed by adults. (Someone on twitter)

  6. #3681
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    110

    Default Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

    Definitely Talonflame. It's great to see another Fire-type/Flying-type, other than Moltres. I can't wait to see it's movepool, when it evolves from Fletchling and where to catch one.

  7. #3682
    Hex Mistress NoirGrimoir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,647
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

    My suspicions for the evolutionary paths of current pokemon that have been revealed.



    Whenever I put out some guesses I don't like to pull them out of my ass, and when I see people doing that it tends to piss me off, but to be perfectly honest, a lot of these guesses are built around assumptions I've made by comparing the pokemon to past pokemon they remind me of, so I don't really have a lot of 'evidence' per se. But anyway, I'll explain my reasoning. Gogoat really seems like a pokemon that won't evolve to me. As it is, it has a relatively complex design and looks like a mature creature, so while there is a small chance in my mind it might have a pre-evolution, I think it won't have anything, if for no other reason than to sprinkle in a few more pokemon in the mix that don't evolve. Flabebe's various colors remind me of Spinda's spots and the different color thing seems like it might be hard to work around for making evolutions. Not impossible, but tricky. Anyway, I don't see it having an evolution, though I really hope I'm wrong here. Honedge is awesome, but it's complex design and unique graphics and the fact that a sword evolving into a bigger sword sounds a bit lame makes me think it won't evolve (though again, I hope it does.) Also it gives me a real Sableye vibe. From what we know of Orotto, it has a very complex design and is very big. While it might have a pre-evolution, I'm put in mind of Tropius and Absol, when I think about it. Also it seems to be an evil tree. Whatever it evolved from would basically be a smaller tree, or maybe a bush, which is lame. Just not seeing it.

    Helioptile makes me think of Elektrike, and it's heavily suspected that Helioptile will gain a dish/array-like frill upon evolution, so while I think it will have that evoltuion, I don't think it will evolve further. Skrelp puts me in mind of both Horsea, Tentacool and Frillish. So I think it's a good candidate for a third evo in the future, but I think it's only going to get the one this time around. Clauncher has heavy Krabby and Corphish vibes, and I see it following in their footsteps and getting a single evolution. Also, as version exclusives, It seems likely Clauncher and Skrelp with have the same number of evos. Swirlix and Spritzee make me hesitate, because last gen we had a set of two stage evolutions (Rufflet vs. Vullaby) and a set of three stage evolutions (Gothita vs. Solosis) as counterparts, but my gut says these will also have one evolution, like Skrelp and Clauncher. They basically remind me of Jigglypuff and Clefairy, so I think in the future they are good candidates to gain prevo baby pokemon but in their introductory gen will only have the one evolution.

    Fletchling I think most people all but agree it will most likely be a three stage evolutionary family. Talonflame is just too big of a difference in appearance from Fletchling, so it seems likely there is middle pokemon to serve as a bridge. Noivern seems like the pseudo-lengendary dragon of the gen, and like Larvitar/Bagon/Dratini/Gible/Deino, will probably have two evolutions, culminating in Noivern as the final form. Litleo I can see as having only one evolution, but the fact that it's strongly reminiscent of Shinx makes me think it will serve a similar position and have two evolutionary stages. Also, it's clearly a young cub, so it having a juvenile and adult version isn't out of the question by any means.
    Mega Gengar likes this.

    Official Claimer of the Pokemon Pumpkaboo | Official Claimer of the Move Trick-Or-Treat | Official Claimer of the Items Silph Scopeand Odd Keystone.
    If you like comedy, check out my fanfic "You Win Some, You Lose Some" (CHAPTER THREE UP!) | For some supplementary art, visit NG's Sketches 'n Stuff!

  8. #3683
    Registered User pastabender's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    271
    Blog Entries
    1

    Follow pastabender on Tumblr

    Default Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

    I agree with most of your thoughts actually, except I still feel like Talonflame isn't 'finished'. I keep visualising it as a second evolution in a third stage set, like most regional birds. Also Noivern seems stand alone to me like Druddigon. But definite possibility of it being an evolution.

    Also I think/hope to god Flabebe evolves because I love it so much and I won't really be able to use it if it has like 50/60s in all its stats

  9. #3684
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    106

    Default Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NoirGrimoir View Post
    My suspicions for the evolutionary paths of current pokemon that have been revealed.



    Whenever I put out some guesses I don't like to pull them out of my ass, and when I see people doing that it tends to piss me off, but to be perfectly honest, a lot of these guesses are built around assumptions I've made by comparing the pokemon to past pokemon they remind me of, so I don't really have a lot of 'evidence' per se. But anyway, I'll explain my reasoning. Gogoat really seems like a pokemon that won't evolve to me. As it is, it has a relatively complex design and looks like a mature creature, so while there is a small chance in my mind it might have a pre-evolution, I think it won't have anything, if for no other reason than to sprinkle in a few more pokemon in the mix that don't evolve. Flabebe's various colors remind me of Spinda's spots and the different color thing seems like it might be hard to work around for making evolutions. Not impossible, but tricky. Anyway, I don't see it having an evolution, though I really hope I'm wrong here. Honedge is awesome, but it's complex design and unique graphics and the fact that a sword evolving into a bigger sword sounds a bit lame makes me think it won't evolve (though again, I hope it does.) Also it gives me a real Sableye vibe. From what we know of Orotto, it has a very complex design and is very big. While it might have a pre-evolution, I'm put in mind of Tropius and Absol, when I think about it. Also it seems to be an evil tree. Whatever it evolved from would basically be a smaller tree, or maybe a bush, which is lame. Just not seeing it.

    Helioptile makes me think of Elektrike, and it's heavily suspected that Helioptile will gain a dish/array-like frill upon evolution, so while I think it will have that evoltuion, I don't think it will evolve further. Skrelp puts me in mind of both Horsea, Tentacool and Frillish. So I think it's a good candidate for a third evo in the future, but I think it's only going to get the one this time around. Clauncher has heavy Krabby and Corphish vibes, and I see it following in their footsteps and getting a single evolution. Also, as version exclusives, It seems likely Clauncher and Skrelp with have the same number of evos. Swirlix and Spritzee make me hesitate, because last gen we had a set of two stage evolutions (Rufflet vs. Vullaby) and a set of three stage evolutions (Gothita vs. Solosis) as counterparts, but my gut says these will also have one evolution, like Skrelp and Clauncher. They basically remind me of Jigglypuff and Clefairy, so I think in the future they are good candidates to gain prevo baby pokemon but in their introductory gen will only have the one evolution.

    Fletchling I think most people all but agree it will most likely be a three stage evolutionary family. Talonflame is just too big of a difference in appearance from Fletchling, so it seems likely there is middle pokemon to serve as a bridge. Noivern seems like the pseudo-lengendary dragon of the gen, and like Larvitar/Bagon/Dratini/Gible/Deino, will probably have two evolutions, culminating in Noivern as the final form. Litleo I can see as having only one evolution, but the fact that it's strongly reminiscent of Shinx makes me think it will serve a similar position and have two evolutionary stages. Also, it's clearly a young cub, so it having a juvenile and adult version isn't out of the question by any means.
    I agree with most of this but suspect gogoat and honedge might be two stage. My reasons are that one trailer had in the background some things that looked like baby forms of gogoat and honedge's species name "the dagger pokemon" doesn't really seem right unless its evo will be "the sword pokemon"

  10. #3685
    Hex Mistress NoirGrimoir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,647
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

    ^ Personally, I think the alleged Gogoat prevo, is just a 'baby' Gogoat in the same way as Kangaskahn has a baby in it's pouch that isn't different than the adult but isn't it's own species. It just doesn't look different enough to me to be a whole different stage. I've also heard rumors that it's the female version that is the same species and I'm more inclined to think that is the case, but again, don't have a lot of evidence. Bulbapedia lists Honedge's Species as "The Sword Pokemon", not "The Dagger Pokemon", and seeing as how the English translation team would know if it had another evolution, it's definitely not a mistake, so that really rules out that piece of 'evidence'.

    Official Claimer of the Pokemon Pumpkaboo | Official Claimer of the Move Trick-Or-Treat | Official Claimer of the Items Silph Scopeand Odd Keystone.
    If you like comedy, check out my fanfic "You Win Some, You Lose Some" (CHAPTER THREE UP!) | For some supplementary art, visit NG's Sketches 'n Stuff!

  11. #3686
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    106

    Default Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

    I have checked the official site and it seems that honedge is the sword pokemon, I am somewhat glad I was wrong about that, however I still think the gogoat thing was a prevo. It would not make sense for the female one to be so much smaller as it looks like it would be to small to ride, and having a baby version that is still the same type just doesn't seem likely to me. anyway evolutions that just get bigger with some minor changes have been done before.

  12. #3687
    You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,567
    Blog Entries
    29

    Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

    Default Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

    I've been running some damage calcs with Octillery based on what we saw in the smash preview and they seem to suggest that Honedge's Special Defence is pretty bad. As for HP, 88 at level 32 is really not that low for what I presume is an unevolved Pokemon. Its moves seemed to have a lot of power behind them though, I'm wondering if it'll be a speedy glass cannon or a tank that's just frail on the special side.

  13. #3688
    Registered User DarkTouya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Algeria
    Posts
    59

    Default Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NoirGrimoir View Post
    Fletchling I think most people all but agree it will most likely be a three stage evolutionary family. Talonflame is just too big of a difference in appearance from Fletchling, so it seems likely there is middle pokemon to serve as a bridge. Noivern seems like the pseudo-lengendary dragon of the gen, and like Larvitar/Bagon/Dratini/Gible/Deino, will probably have two evolutions, culminating in Noivern as the final form. Litleo I can see as having only one evolution, but the fact that it's strongly reminiscent of Shinx makes me think it will serve a similar position and have two evolutionary stages. Also, it's clearly a young cub, so it having a juvenile and adult version isn't out of the question by any means.
    It's not the first time we've a big size difference between a flying type pokémon and its evolution. For example we've : Spearow and Fearow; Natu and Xatu; Combee and Vespiqueen; Drifloon and Drifblim... Yeah maybe Talonflame is the third evolution stage and they haven't showed us yet its pre-evo or It could be the direct and final evolution of Fletchling or it's the second evolution stage and the final evolution haven't been revealed yet.

    It doesn't seem to me that Noivern is a pseudo-lengendary (another Dragon/Flying, ino I'd like to see a new type combination for the new pseudo-lengendary), I rather see it more as a Haxorus like.

    For Liltleo, I don't care if it'll have one or two evolutions I just want it to become a Fire/Poison manticore.
    Last edited by DarkTouya; 21st July 2013 at 05:42 AM.

  14. #3689
    Nice weather we're having SirOni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Yes
    Posts
    844
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by brentoni View Post
    ...one trailer had in the background some things that looked like baby forms of gogoat...
    That unfortunately wasn't a Pokemon, but just some background shrubbery. Evident by the fact that it wasn't a model but instead pre-rendered.
    YamiiDenryuu likes this.
    Caro: 0774-4484-9102


    IGN: Antonio

    URPG:http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f401/cerony-urpg-66373/

  15. #3690
    Zeb
    Zeb is offline
    making a splash Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    England
    Posts
    7,810
    Blog Entries
    138

    Follow Zeb on Tumblr

    Default Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

    If Gogoat doesn't evolve from a cute, little, fluffy kid I am going to be so pissed. I love goats, they are one of my favourite animals.
    Neptune's Disciple likes this.
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •