SPOILERS: Gen VI Pokemon Discussion - Page 230

View Poll Results: Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

52 36.11%
  • Quilladin

35 24.31%
  • Fennekin

51 35.42%
  • Braixen

53 36.81%
  • Froakie

46 31.94%
  • Frogadier

59 40.97%
  • Fletchling

29 20.14%
  • Talonflame

45 31.25%
  • Pancham

32 22.22%
  • Pangoro

45 31.25%
  • Skiddo

28 19.44%
  • Gogoat

37 25.69%
  • Inkay

28 19.44%
  • Malamar

34 23.61%
  • Litleo

28 19.44%
  • Pyroar

56 38.89%
  • Scatterbug

14 9.72%
  • Spewpa

13 9.03%
  • Vivillon

32 22.22%
  • Helioptile

30 20.83%
  • Flabébé

23 15.97%
  • Skrelp

27 18.75%
  • Clauncher

32 22.22%
  • Noivern

51 35.42%
  • Spritzee

30 20.83%
  • Swirlix

18 12.50%
  • Honedge

36 25.00%
  • Dedenne

27 18.75%
  • Bunnelby

18 12.50%
  • Furfrou

27 18.75%
  • Tyrunt

61 42.36%
  • Amaura

48 33.33%
  • Meowstic

53 36.81%
  • Orotto

30 20.83%
  • Sylveon

47 32.64%
  • Xerneas

59 40.97%
  • Yveltal

41 28.47%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 230 of 348 FirstFirst ... 130180220228229230231232240280330 ... LastLast
Results 3,436 to 3,450 of 5214

Thread: Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Default Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Neptune's Disciple View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzivx V View Post
    The first thing I though of when I looked at Shushup was:
    "Is that a plague doctor?"
    I realized that it was a flamingo when someone stated it in a comment or something.

Here's the evolution that I want:
    That is amazing.

The thing with plague doctors is that their masks, or beaks, used to hold various scented items (some might say perfumes) combined with straw as it was believed that this would filter out the disease from the air. Shushup is the Perfume pokemon, and it has a very definite mask, not just a beak. I'd be very surprised if they didn't go down the plague doctor route combined with a flamingo, and I think that evolution you've drawn is brilliant. The only thing I would change would be to remove the lower part of the cloak to expose the Flamingo legs, but keep the wings drooping down the back, as if it were holding its hands at its tail. Dark/Fairy would be great.
    I didn't draw that. I got it from Google Images when I searched "pokemon shushup". It was one of the top 8.
    You can all unlike my post now.

I love how everyone apparently immediately thought Plague Doctor or Flamingo and I just saw a small, cute, pink bird. :p I think that it's likely to turn into a Fairy/Flying, but after hearing all of this plague doctor business, I think it's just as possible. And because I'm a nerd when you all say Dark/Fairy I immediately think of a one of my favorite Yu-Gi-Oh! monsters. If they made a pokemon similar to Dark Valkyria, I'd give it a spot on my team in a heartbeat.
    credit to Blazaking Ex for the banner

Quote Originally Posted by Neptune's Disciple View Post
    I realized that it was a flamingo when someone stated it in a comment or something.

That is amazing.

The thing with plague doctors is that their masks, or beaks, used to hold various scented items (some might say perfumes) combined with straw as it was believed that this would filter out the disease from the air. Shushup is the Perfume pokemon, and it has a very definite mask, not just a beak. I'd be very surprised if they didn't go down the plague doctor route combined with a flamingo, and I think that evolution you've drawn is brilliant. The only thing I would change would be to remove the lower part of the cloak to expose the Flamingo legs, but keep the wings drooping down the back, as if it were holding its hands at its tail. Dark/Fairy would be great.
    I didn't draw that. I got it from Google Images when I searched "pokemon shushup". It was one of the top 8.
    You can all unlike my post now.
    I'm not going to unlike your post just because you didn't draw it. I still love the design, which you posted, and agree with the other content in the post. Edited the original post so people don't get pissed about credit etc.

EDIT: Fairy/Ghost could work quite well for it if they go down the plague doctor route...
    Last edited by Neptune's Disciple; 11th July 2013 at 08:46 PM.

I'm definitely going to be disappointed if its evolution doesn't turn out similar to that design!

Blog Entries

Prepare to be disappointed then.

Official Claimer of the Pokemon Pumpkaboo | Official Claimer of the Move Trick- Or -Treat | Official Claimer of the Items Silph Scope and Odd Keystone.
    If you like comedy, check out my fanfic "You Win Some, You Lose Some" (CHAPTER THREE UP!) | For some supplementary art, visit NG's Sketches 'n Stuff!

So is upside down squid a thing in Japan or something, because Digimon also has Calmaramon.

Shushup also looks like certain depictions of Helmasaur in Zelda, though I'd say the plague doctor depiction is what they were going for given that it's the perfume Pokemon, and those masks supposedly held various aromas to keep "bad smells" away from infecting the doctors with the plague....and Shushupu's ability is Healer.

Blog Entries

I think they are both coincidences, honestly.

Official Claimer of the Pokemon Pumpkaboo | Official Claimer of the Move Trick- Or -Treat | Official Claimer of the Items Silph Scope and Odd Keystone.
    If you like comedy, check out my fanfic "You Win Some, You Lose Some" (CHAPTER THREE UP!) | For some supplementary art, visit NG's Sketches 'n Stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by NoirGrimoir View Post
    I think they are both coincidences, honestly.
    I definitely think the Helmasaur one is just a coincidence especially since Shushupu seems to draw more heavily in concept with plague doctors. With upside down squids....yeah it could be a coincidence but that's why I'm wondering if there's a Japanese story or myth about upside down squids that inspired both designs.

Winged man prefers night Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Araragi Hakase View Post
    I like the dark/psychic combination. Even if it's a squid, we already have Tentacool/cruel that are squids with the Water/Poison typing, and Frillish/Jellicent with the Ghost/Water, I'm glad they went with something different for these guys.
    Tentacool and Frillish families are jellyfishes, not squids. Both animal species are as different as a bee to a bird.

About their typing, we had already non-Water Pokémon based after acuatic animals, specificaly in Gen V. Stunfisk, Tynamo family.

I guess since a Pokémon can't have three types, sometimes GF is forced to choose the two more important for what's intended. So, we have Beedrill and Venomoth (Bug/Poison), Volcarona (Bug/Fire), and Genesect (Bug/Steel), all of them based after flying bugs, but don't have Flying type, because their respective secondary type was important for their design and description. On the other hand we have Flygon, a flying dragonfly described as the spirit of the desert. Bug, Flying, Dragon and Ground, 4 types in a single Pokémon, buth we have to choose two. GF went for Ground/Dragon, despite Flygon learns Fly and is in the Bug egg group.

So, Stunfisk is not Water because Ground and Electric were priority. Tynamo is a special case, because it hasn't a secondary type, but I guess GF wanted the novelty of a Pokémon with no weaknesses while avoiding another Dark/Ghost combination.

If Maaiika/Calamanero aren't Water-typed, is just because GF considered more important for them to be Dark an Psychic than Water.

For the record, "Calamar" is Spanish for squid.

It's impossible, said pride. It's risky, said experience. OU suspect, said Smogon.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Tentacruel is based off a jellyfish, but there's obvious some squid thrown in there as well, specifically its beak-like nose.

Personally I always saw Tentacool as being inspired by DBZ aliens, he's got the shoulder pads and his eyes remind me of Gurd from the Ginyu Force.
    Yu-Gi-Oh!
    Duel Monsters Sengoku!

An original Yu-Gi-Oh Fanfic! Join Yuto Masamune and his Imperial Monster Patch-Eye Dragon as they take on Sengoku Academy!

Current Chapter -Turn 2: One-Eyed Duelist, One-Eyed Dragon! Impress Summon, [Patch-Eye Dragon]!

Yuto continues his Duel against Shisa, a delinquent who calls himself a "Chain Duelist!". Just then, as Shisa's strong offense and defense overwhelms Yuto, a new type of summon occurs!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The_Doctor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tendou Soujirou View Post
    I really like most of the New Pokemon conceptually and look forward to seeing them in the show and such, but I honestly can't say any have struck me as being ones that I'd necessarily use on a team. But that'll change once we see evolutions and such.

Is anyone else bothered by Inkay being Dark/Psychic? It works for Malimar, but...it just doesn't fit Inkay in any way, really. I can kinda see Psychic, but it's not Dark whatsoever. I think Inkay should've been pure-Psychic.
    I personally don't really see Dark in either one of them, and I think it's a bit of an awkward type combo. Sort of off topic: Makes me wish even more that Gothitelle would've ended up as Dark/Psychic as many thought it would.
    They are Dark because Dark represent unconventional way of thinking or doing things, hence the upside down and the Contrary ability and the move.

I won't bite... Emerald-eyed Sableye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I really like most of the New Pokemon conceptually and look forward to seeing them in the show and such, but I honestly can't say any have struck me as being ones that I'd necessarily use on a team. But that'll change once we see evolutions and such.

Is anyone else bothered by Inkay being Dark/Psychic? It works for Malimar, but...it just doesn't fit Inkay in any way, really. I can kinda see Psychic, but it's not Dark whatsoever. I think Inkay should've been pure-Psychic.
    I personally don't really see Dark in either one of them, and I think it's a bit of an awkward type combo. Sort of off topic: Makes me wish even more that Gothitelle would've ended up as Dark/Psychic as many thought it would.
    I thought that the whole Gothitelle Family should have been Psychic/Dark in my opinion. After looking into the whole family for quite some time I saw that the one with the most affinity to the Dark Typing was Gothorita just by looking at one of its Dex entries that says "They use hypnosis to control people and Pokémon. Tales of Gothorita leading people astray are told in every corner."

Maybe they could give Gothorita a split evolution where it would actually go down that dark path and have the Psychic/Dark Typing. My only worries are that the Gothitelle and Reuniclus Families are version exclusives so Duosion might need one as well in that case maybe a Psychic/Electric split evolution for Duosion which to me sounds pretty cool.

What do you think?

Team Eeveelution All The Way!!!

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

Alright, my opinion on the new Pokémon:

- Goronda looks amazing and I love its design, pretty much as cool as Pancham. I bet the new evolution method is the one involving another dark type so Pancham can evolve only in its presence.
    - Maika/Karamanero certainly have strange designs but unique typing. They're okay, I guess.
    - Shushupu looks adorable, though why isn't it also Flying type? It looks like a small bird. XD
    - Peropuff is so adorable, omg. I can't handle this much sweetness. :P

All these fairy types are cute and fluffy, sans Xenreas, but what I would really like is a different kind of fairy, something mischievous, something darker. I hope we get something like that soon enough. Overall, I'm content with these designs - imo, XY has yet to fail me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Snubbull Lover 777 View Post

I thought that the whole Gothitelle Family should have been Psychic/Dark in my opinion. After looking into the whole family for quite some time I saw that the one with the most affinity to the Dark Typing was Gothorita just by looking at one of its Dex entries that says "They use hypnosis to control people and Pokémon. Tales of Gothorita leading people astray are told in every corner."

Maybe they could give Gothorita a split evolution where it would actually go down that dark path and have the Psychic/Dark Typing. My only worries are that the Gothitelle and Reuniclus Families are version exclusives so Duosion might need one as well in that case maybe a Psychic/Electric split evolution for Duosion which to me sounds pretty cool.

What do you think?
    The reason Gothithelle family looks that way could be due to the reference of how psychics in real life tense to be unhappy because they either see things other can't see, things they don't want to see, horrible futures, and sometimes being isolated by people. It could also be reference to the Japanese version of a school witch, which is a really smart girl who is always doing things herself inside a room in school like reading books, doing occult stuffs, and wear goth-loli. It's quite a popular trope that many manga and visual novel use, a dark-emo, smart girl who has few to no friend.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tsutarja View Post
    Alright, my opinion on the new Pokémon:

- Goronda looks amazing and I love its design, pretty much as cool as Pancham. I bet the new evolution method is the one involving another dark type so Pancham can evolve only in its presence.
    - Maika/Karamanero certainly have strange designs but unique typing. They're okay, I guess.
    - Shushupu looks adorable, though why isn't it also Flying type? It looks like a small bird. XD
    - Peropuff is so adorable, omg. I can't handle this much sweetness. :P

All these fairy types are cute and fluffy, sans Xenreas, but what I would really like is a different kind of fairy, something mischievous, something darker. I hope we get something like that soon enough. Overall, I'm content with these designs - imo, XY has yet to fail me.
    Just checked tvtropes, apparently Peropuff is a fairy type because the Australian term for cotton candy is fairy floss. Fairies don't have to be dark but still dangerous. They can look cutes but be dangerous, that's more fairy. One of the traditional fairy ability is glamour, which alter the perception of the lookers.

I tend to think of it like this. Dangerous looking are not very dangerous because other will run away from those things and make them less dangerous. Innocent looking but in fact really dangerous is more dangerous because they are unsuspecting. This, to me, suit fairy more.