SPOILERS: Gen VI Pokemon Discussion - Page 23

View Poll Results: Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

52 36.11%
  • Quilladin

35 24.31%
  • Fennekin

51 35.42%
  • Braixen

53 36.81%
  • Froakie

46 31.94%
  • Frogadier

59 40.97%
  • Fletchling

29 20.14%
  • Talonflame

45 31.25%
  • Pancham

32 22.22%
  • Pangoro

45 31.25%
  • Skiddo

28 19.44%
  • Gogoat

37 25.69%
  • Inkay

28 19.44%
  • Malamar

34 23.61%
  • Litleo

28 19.44%
  • Pyroar

56 38.89%
  • Scatterbug

14 9.72%
  • Spewpa

13 9.03%
  • Vivillon

32 22.22%
  • Helioptile

30 20.83%
  • Flabébé

23 15.97%
  • Skrelp

27 18.75%
  • Clauncher

32 22.22%
  • Noivern

51 35.42%
  • Spritzee

30 20.83%
  • Swirlix

18 12.50%
  • Honedge

36 25.00%
  • Dedenne

27 18.75%
  • Bunnelby

18 12.50%
  • Furfrou

27 18.75%
  • Tyrunt

61 42.36%
  • Amaura

48 33.33%
  • Meowstic

53 36.81%
  • Orotto

30 20.83%
  • Sylveon

47 32.64%
  • Xerneas

59 40.97%
  • Yveltal

41 28.47%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 23 of 348 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast
Like Tree2711Likes

Thread: Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Default Re: New Pokemon Discussion and Speculation Thread

If there is a new type, hopefully it will be weak to Poison and super effective against Electric.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fennekin View Post
    A new Light-Type would make sense since they didn't reveal the Types of Yveltal and Xerneas in the CoroCoro scan.
    Well, that doesn't prove that there will be a new type.
    They didn't reveal Zekrom and Reshiram's typings until weeks before Black & White release back in 2010.

Also, I have nothing against the idea of introducing a new type. But Light-type would be redundant since we already have Psychic and Electric.
    What about that rumor of a "Sound-type"? That would be cool. There are tons of moves and some Pokémon who would have their types corrected to "Sound".

Blog Entries

Default Re: Gen VI Pokemon Speculation Thread

now that gen vi is out i want more pokemon revealed soon

追放されたバカ

Visit Fennekin's Youtube Channel

Light could represent a holy figure and order. So many shows, like Bakugan and Yu-Gi-Oh!, have already incorporated this Type, so why not Pokémon?

Want them in PokeMart? Rare Candy's Avatar

I'm expecting the number of Pokemon to reach 799.

I don't know what will be the last Pokemon (Ancient Genesect?), but I'm sure we will have the Z Pokemon in the games.

We will probably get some evolutions for old Pokemon, and since that Golurk statue has an Eevee in his hand, maybe we will finally get that Ghost type Eevee everyone is talking about the last "100" years. :D

And am I the only one that thinks that Pokemon Y looks something like a flying Groudon?

Anyway, I'm expecting a lot of changes in this Generation, since the 3DS can do many more things than DS. Though I wasn't really happy when I saw the 6 Pokeballs in one of the battle-scenes, but still, I hope we get some slots to be able to rotate the Pokemon team without going to the Pokemon Center often.

Blog Entries

Follow Baka-kun on Tumblr

Light could represent a holy figure and order. So many shows, like Bakugan and Yu-Gi-Oh!, have already incorporated this Type, so why not Pokémon?
    The Dark type is known as the "Evil Type" in Japan; in fact, the name is evident in most of the attacks.
    The moment man devoured the fruit of knowledge, he sealed his fate… Entrusting his future to the cards, man clings to a dim hope. Yet, the arcana is the means by which all is revealed. Beyond the beaten path lies the absolute end. It matters not who you are… Death awaits you - Nyx (Persona 3)
    <- banner by TheEroKing of animesuki forums.

Blog Entries

There are already "sacred" Pokémon (Ho-Oh, Arceus, etc) and they didn't need the Light-type to be "holy".
    I also think the name "Saint" or "Holy" would be more appropriated in this case.

As for the number of Pokémon, we already have 649, so... 750 is more than enough.

I think 100 new Pokémon is the bare minimum, and the maximum is 799 total Pokémon, which would mean 150 new ones is the maximum.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare Candy View Post
    Ancient Genesect
    I think that'd be a Forme Change, rather than an entirely new Pokemon.

A new Light-Type would make sense since they didn't reveal the Types of Yveltal and Xerneas in the CoroCoro scan.
    Remember when Reshiram & Zekrom were first revealed and some people thought Reshiram would be a 'Light-type'? Yeah.

I can't see them breaking the 17-type equilibrium they've created.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayde View Post
    "OH HOT DAMN! LOOK AT THAT FUCKING BELL! IT'S SMALL AND CUTE AND HAS A FUCKING RIBBON ON IT'S FUCKING HEAD! BACK THIS PARTY VAN UP! I GOTTA CATCH THAT SHIT!!"

Blog Entries

I don't care what how much people say that introducing a new type wouldn't work, I think it would be awesome and it would be like real-life revolutionary scientific discoveries.

Like the Higgs boson, something that may have been discovered now (it's still being studied), which would answer an entire universe of questions. The Higgs boson in the Pokemon world could be the Undiscovered type that Pokemon scientists have been searching for for ages, a type that was needed in order to explain why certain things work or something (that may sound pretty vague though, I kind of just made something up on the go. It could be anything).

Maybe it's a bit of wishful thinking and my love for science talking, but if a new type is introduced then I think it will have some kind of scientific story behind it.
    jokool likes this.

Claims: Dialga | Multitype | Judgment | Adamant Orb | Draco Plate

Quote Originally Posted by Reila View Post
    There are already "sacred" Pokémon (Ho-Oh, Arceus, etc) and they didn't need the Light-type to be "holy".
    I also think the name "Saint" or "Holy" would be more appropriated in this case.
    I guess for Game Freak to not offend religious bodies, it would be more suitable to use the term Light-type instead.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

While a new type would be interesting, Light is most certainly not happening. Psychic is basically it, as Dark is evil. Localization screwed things up a bit. Maybe a mythic type or something, but light is already here.
    Reila and Green Zubat like this.

El_
    Blog Entries

Even if a Light type was introduced, I somehow don't see it being typically "holy" or religious based, at least not in the sense people normally think about. Actually, if the theme of this gen really is genetics, any new typings could very well be artificial and not even natural.

Hard to say for sure what a new type(s) could possibly be if they do introduce them, as the 17 cover almost everything save for troupes like arcane magic.

For now, I'm just going to settle on Yveltal & Xerneas typings being Dark/Flying & Steel/Grass.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Blog Entries
    Add Morru Magnum on Facebook

I'm not a fan of Eeveelutions or anything, but here's an idea:

Herculeon [Fighting Type]
    Griffeon / Pegaseon(?) [Flying Type]

BANNER BY Blue Dragon
    JOIN Pokémon URPG TODAY!
    | URPG Stats | Curator Log | Ref Log | Violet Gym |

Default New Pokemon Design Origin Hopes and Speculations Thread

So, with a new generation of Pokemon announced there's innumerable possibilities for new Pokes based on animals, plants, myths, objects, natural phenomenon, social trends, etc. Are there any you folks'd like to see? Images are encouraged!

Personally, I'm just stoked to see Froakie's likely basis being foam-nest tree frogs; using a trait like these guys' production of foam for... reasons is a pretty creative way to get some more milage out of the hundreds of different types of amphibians on the planet, especially when we've already got some pretty popular frog and toad-based Pokemon in the forms of the Poliwag, Croagunk and Typole evolutionary lines. And Fennekin's basis being the fennec fox is pretty awesome if only because fennec foxes are ADORABLE.

Foam-nest Tree Frog

Fennec Fox

In terms of new Pokemon though, I've always felt like a hummingbird would be pretty cool; could be the second pure Flying-type or perhaps just anothe Grass/Flying (despite the not-so-great typing) and have Speed Boost for an ability to make it a Special Attack-based answer to Ninjask.

Hummingbird

I feel like a jack-o'-lantern Grass/Ghost-type is something many of us have been longing to see for a while now too. What with the possibility for some Fire-based attacks in with the rest of its moveset from along with the usual repertoire of supportive Grass moves and tricky Ghost-type moves it could be pretty cool.

Jack-o'-lantern

Finally, I'd love to see a more... interesting kangaroo, specifically the one that runs with the idea of the boxing kangaroo. I mean, Kangaskan's fine and all, but its weird bulkiness and dinosaur-like design miss out on the sleek musculature of the everyone's favorite Australian marsupial. Ground/Fighting-typing springs to mind and with it moves like the elemental punches, Bounce, tail-based attacks like Aqua Tail, Dragon Tail, and Iron Tail and Earthquake.

Kangaroo

Anyway, any ideas or hopes for new creatures coming in X and Y? Perhaps of some more creative or lesser-known animals/things of the world?

Also, does anyone have any idea what Chespin's deal is? The whole hedgehog thing seems like a bit of a stretch at this point.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1339305.jpg   fennec-fox-5.jpg   berylline5.jpg   cocome_jack-o-lantern.jpg   red_kangaroo.jpg  

HumanDawn likes this.