SPOILERS: Gen VI Pokemon Discussion - Page 2

View Poll Results: Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

52 36.11%
  • Quilladin

35 24.31%
  • Fennekin

51 35.42%
  • Braixen

53 36.81%
  • Froakie

46 31.94%
  • Frogadier

59 40.97%
  • Fletchling

29 20.14%
  • Talonflame

45 31.25%
  • Pancham

32 22.22%
  • Pangoro

45 31.25%
  • Skiddo

28 19.44%
  • Gogoat

37 25.69%
  • Inkay

28 19.44%
  • Malamar

34 23.61%
  • Litleo

28 19.44%
  • Pyroar

56 38.89%
  • Scatterbug

14 9.72%
  • Spewpa

13 9.03%
  • Vivillon

32 22.22%
  • Helioptile

30 20.83%
  • Flabébé

23 15.97%
  • Skrelp

27 18.75%
  • Clauncher

32 22.22%
  • Noivern

51 35.42%
  • Spritzee

30 20.83%
  • Swirlix

18 12.50%
  • Honedge

36 25.00%
  • Dedenne

27 18.75%
  • Bunnelby

18 12.50%
  • Furfrou

27 18.75%
  • Tyrunt

61 42.36%
  • Amaura

48 33.33%
  • Meowstic

53 36.81%
  • Orotto

30 20.83%
  • Sylveon

47 32.64%
  • Xerneas

59 40.97%
  • Yveltal

41 28.47%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 348 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Like Tree2711Likes

Thread: Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Blog Entries

Default Re: Gen VI Pokemon Speculation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hedface View Post
    I think Gen VI is going to have a surprise no one will see coming, whether it's a deviation from its normal tropes, re-introduction of an old character, or or a reversal of their normal equation. While the same old same old would be fantastic (and still very lucrative), I'm sure Game Freak knows that it had better switch things up a bit or they risk losing some of their older demographic.
    they turned the franchise on it's head this Gen... who kows what they're planning ass Gen V has been pretty unpredictable
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Gen 6 proper prediction time? OH BOY, its like a 9 month Christmas.
    -Unova next door, but not accessible. Perhaps the Aspertia-Virbank stretch, but that's it.
    -Region will however huge amounts of ties to it, including cameos and what not.
    -HMs are wiped out, subways replace fly, surfing is a predominate ability in all water Pokemon large enough, so on so forth.
    -Huge region. 3DS' graphical updates along with the amount of size the game can be stored on will help.
    -Sprites for battles, but in a super HD kind of way. All else is 3D, even the characters.
    -Top down POV, but with full 3D movement.
    -120 or so Pokemon, with a Sinnoh sized legendary corner. The more the merrier I say!
    -Streetpass/Spotpass Secret Bases, all the live long day.
    -Major Pokedex revamp, and a general lower screen is a menu UI ala HGSS, but with more flare.
    -The starters could be anything, but I do believe Fire/Fighting will retire. Hopefully a freakin Dolphin will be the water starter, cause they've done mostly all you can think of, cept whale. Now that I think about it.........
    -Gyms will be even more personalized, that a cave gym will literally be a cave needed to go through to the next city, or at least an extension of one.
    -Seasons get a major focus, if not giving us the first in-game available quad of legendary Pokemon.
    -Main Legendary Pokemon will be a literal physics lesson. We got space, time, and antimatter, why not go full science and give us legendaries based on sound, light, and heat. I know I know, reshiram and ho-oh got the whole fire thing going, and more so Reshiram due to the whole energy thing, but this is more based on wavelengths then energy.
    -Give me fire/ice ffs. I know, I know all impracticalities aside it would still be an awesome Pokemon.
    -More medals. Incorporate a full online medal network, with medal leaderboards and everything.
    -Hell leaderboards for everything is even more apropriate.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

These are my biggest wants:
    1) For the version masctos to not be Dragon-type.
    2) For the fire starter (Assuming we're sticking with them) to not evolve into a Fire/Fighting type.
    3) A better, more robust online system that can actually detect who disconnected in an online match.
    4) Online communities like Mario Kart 7. Maybe even the ability to hose 8/16-people tournaments via Wi-Fi?
    5) I think sprites for Pokémon are here to stay, as PMD didn't use all of the 3D models. However, I would love an overworld similar in style to Tales of the Abyss. Also, I believe a more visual-novel style for important characters' dialogue (Gym Leaders, rivals, villains etc) would be awesome. Maybe the 2D overworld sprites could be replaced with a chibi number like Bravely Default or Dragon Quest?
    6) The ability to trade multiple Pokémon at once (possibly limit it to a box at a time). Or even better - an ability to simply transfer Pokémon to another game.
    7) Stronger Ice-type Pokémon and physical Ice-type moves.

Blog Entries
    Add Hedface on Facebook
    Visit Hedface's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedface View Post
    I think Gen VI is going to have a surprise no one will see coming, whether it's a deviation from its normal tropes, re-introduction of an old character, or or a reversal of their normal equation. While the same old same old would be fantastic (and still very lucrative), I'm sure Game Freak knows that it had better switch things up a bit or they risk losing some of their older demographic.
    they turned the franchise on it's head this Gen... who kows what they're planning ass Gen V has been pretty unpredictable
    That's what I mean :) Bet that they have to step up their game even more. IMHO.

Jumping on the Fenne-Bandwagon

I personally want an Electric/Flying type that isn't a legendary; I mean heck we have two Water/Flying types; Ducklet -> Swanna and Wingfull ->Pelipper so why not an electric type?

That being said I'd really like the gyms and the elites to be switched up a bit; I'd definitely like to see a Poison, Dark, Ghost and Steel Gyms again.

Blog Entries
    Add Hedface on Facebook
    Visit Hedface's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
    I personally want an Electric/Flying type that isn't a legendary; I mean heck we have two Water/Flying types; Ducklet -> Swanna and Wingfull ->Pelipper so why not an electric type?

That being said I'd really like the gyms and the elites to be switched up a bit; I'd definitely like to see a Poison, Dark, Ghost and Steel Gyms again.
    Emolga isn't legendary I don't think.

Jumping on the Fenne-Bandwagon

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Emolga says hi.

Dark type gym please.
    No Fire/Fighting starter for the love of Arceus
    Wi-fi trading outside the Pokemon Center
    wi-fi option for Entalink/Funfest Mission equivalent if there is one
    No Dragon type legends, we've had enough. Let there be a Poison type, Ghost type and other kinds of legends we havent seen, perhaps another Bug legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquanova View Post

Emolga says hi.

Dark type gym please.
    No Fire/Fighting starter for the love of Arceus
    Wi-fi trading outside the Pokemon Center
    wi-fi option for Entalink/Funfest Mission equivalent if there is one
    No Dragon type legends, we've had enough. Let there be a Poison type, Ghost type and other kinds of legends we havent seen, perhaps another Bug legendary.
    Sorry should have made that a bit clearer; I mean like an actual BIRD electric/flying type, sorry!

I'm tired of Fire/Fighting too so I hope they chance that up a bit.

Blog Entries

As I said in another similar thread, I really hope they keep with the sprites, at least in the overworld, although Bravely Default-like 3D models, as mentioned by Joshawott, wouldn't be bad. Also, please GF, don't give us an orchestrated soundtrack for the new games. Even dubstep soundtracks (like Marvel vs Capcom 3's) are better than generic orchestrated scores... Unless they hire Koh Otani to compose the score for the games.

Regarding eeveelutions, I would like to see no new ones, because they don't really appeal to me... But a Dragon-Type one wouldn't be bad, plus this is the only previously special-oriented type left without an eeveelution.

Visit Water-noctowl's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    2) For the fire starter (Assuming we're sticking with them) to not evolve into a Fire/Fighting type.
    3) A better, more robust online system that can actually detect who disconnected in an online match.
    4) Online communities like Mario Kart 7. Maybe even the ability to hose 8/16-people tournaments via Wi-Fi?
    5) I think sprites for Pokémon are here to stay, as PMD didn't use all of the 3D models. However, I would love an overworld similar in style to Tales of the Abyss. Also, I believe a more visual-novel style for important characters' dialogue (Gym Leaders, rivals, villains etc) would be awesome. Maybe the 2D overworld sprites could be replaced with a chibi number like Bravely Default or Dragon Quest?
    6) The ability to trade multiple Pokémon at once (possibly limit it to a box at a time). Or even better - an ability to simply transfer Pokémon to another game.
    But it needs to be able to tell if you lose your connection so there is no unfair blame.
    I myself am hoping for ice to gain more resistances.
    If you believe in the flying spaghetti monster post this in your sig. Don't just ignore this because he says if you deny me I will deny you in front of the beer volcano.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Water-noctowl View Post
    But it needs to be able to tell if you lose your connection so there is no unfair blame.
    If you have a poor connection, don't play online. There would be no way to tell whether someone's connection drops accidentally or if it was them rage quitting, I imagine.

Still, the sheer amount of rage quitters on Wi-Fi needs to be addressed.

If you have a poor connection, don't play online. There would be no way to tell whether someone's connection drops accidentally or if it was them rage quitting, I imagine.

Um plenty of people have poor wifi I know that and therefore warn everyone who I connect with that my wifi often cuts out so they know I didn't rage quit. Systems don't take that into account. Also it could tell if you hit the run button or not that could stop some of it.
    If you believe in the flying spaghetti monster post this in your sig. Don't just ignore this because he says if you deny me I will deny you in front of the beer volcano.

What I'd truly like to see next gen is a Bug/Dark/Ghost "Fear Trio" of legendaries.
    SimH5, Chibisyko, Sapphire and 1 others like this.

I would like there to be more slots in the party and possibly less HM's.

Blog Entries

Um plenty of people have poor wifi I know that and therefore warn everyone who I connect with that my wifi often cuts out so they know I didn't rage quit. Systems don't take that into account. Also it could tell if you hit the run button or not that could stop some of it.
    People don't hit the "Run" button to quit - they outright turn their DS systems off. Selecting "Run" will result in them receiving a loss on their record, which defeats the purpose of them rage quitting.

The biggest annoyance with people rage quitting is with the official Wi-Fi tournaments and especially now that The Pokémon Company International is offering Championship points in the Wi-Fi tournaments, the issue needs to be clamped down on very harshly.

Page 2 of 348 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast