SPOILERS: Gen VI Pokemon Discussion - Page 168

View Poll Results: Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

52 36.11%
  • Quilladin

35 24.31%
  • Fennekin

51 35.42%
  • Braixen

53 36.81%
  • Froakie

46 31.94%
  • Frogadier

59 40.97%
  • Fletchling

29 20.14%
  • Talonflame

45 31.25%
  • Pancham

32 22.22%
  • Pangoro

45 31.25%
  • Skiddo

28 19.44%
  • Gogoat

37 25.69%
  • Inkay

28 19.44%
  • Malamar

34 23.61%
  • Litleo

28 19.44%
  • Pyroar

56 38.89%
  • Scatterbug

14 9.72%
  • Spewpa

13 9.03%
  • Vivillon

32 22.22%
  • Helioptile

30 20.83%
  • Flabébé

23 15.97%
  • Skrelp

27 18.75%
  • Clauncher

32 22.22%
  • Noivern

51 35.42%
  • Spritzee

30 20.83%
  • Swirlix

18 12.50%
  • Honedge

36 25.00%
  • Dedenne

27 18.75%
  • Bunnelby

18 12.50%
  • Furfrou

27 18.75%
  • Tyrunt

61 42.36%
  • Amaura

48 33.33%
  • Meowstic

53 36.81%
  • Orotto

30 20.83%
  • Sylveon

47 32.64%
  • Xerneas

59 40.97%
  • Yveltal

41 28.47%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 168 of 348 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178218268 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 5214
Like Tree2711Likes

Thread: Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Nice weather we're having SirOni's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Kishore View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzivx V View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerony View Post
    it would cool if Pancham evolve into a Big Teddy bear Pokemon !
    Or a Pokemon like this-
    Well, considering that it's the Naughty Pokemon if it were to become a big fluffy teddy bear or then I'm wagering something more like this:
    That look like scary evil Teddy Bear with Murder intent from a Horror Movie rather then Naughty Teddy Bear !
    I think it will scare all the kids & make them cry .
    It's from the game "Naughty Bear" where a teddy bear gets mad at his friends and decides to kill them all in gruesome, funny ways.
    That makes it even more scarier !
    Pancham needs a more Marketable evolution so that he doesn't have to another annoying under-evolved Oshawott if Ash catch it in the anime !
    Come on now. Y'know that the Naughty Bear thing was a joke. Although it sounds like you were serious about the Digimon thing, so...
    Caro: 0774-4484-9102

IGN: Antonio

URPG:http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f401/cerony-urpg-66373/

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Sylveon beats Hariyama with one attack. We can't say it's Flying type, since there are too many possible circumstances like low hp, critical hit etc. However, I do think it's perfectly viable that Sylveon has a high sp.atk stat.

Footage here: Pokemon Smash - 18/5/13 - Pokemon X/Y News! - YouTube

Lost in the numbers :S Jacko19863's Avatar
    Blog Entries

With sylveon:
    My first type speculation is a new one. I mean, The Fairy type is unofficially announced and has been unofficially leaked from some trustworthy sources.
    Second is definetly Flying.
    And third probably being Bug.
    I've claimed
    Pokémon
    Zoroark (26/9/12)

Moves
    Earthquake (26/9/12)
    Items
    Tidal Bell (26/9/12)
    DeepSeaTooth (26/9/12)
    Abilities
    Magnet Pull (26/9/12)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Palpitoad the White View Post
    Moltres is a legendary and Chrizard is a starter evo. But it should be cool if the make the bird Fire/flying. I not say they have too I say I hope so.
    Well, that... doesn't really matter, they are still Fire/Flying. Moltres, Ho-Oh and Charizard, we don't need one more Fire/Flying. I am not saying that we need more Normal/Flying, but this type is more likely for Fletching's evolution than Fire/Flying.

Zeb
    making a splash Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

Could Yveltal's name come from: Weltall - Wiktionary ? From the German words "welt" (world) and "all" (cosmos). Weltall's meaning is cosmos and/or outer space (Google translate is also saying Weltall means "universe"). The pronounciation is [ˈvɛltʔal] - I have no idea about German, but it looks similar to ee-VELL-tall which is the official pronounciation for Yveltal.
    Back with a "space" relation again...
    Phoenixon, Reila and Lugiafanatic like this.
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

Blog Entries

Interesting theory, but the imagery that's been associated to Yveltal doesn't seem to match.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reila View Post
    Well, that... doesn't really matter, they are still Fire/Flying. Moltres, Ho-Oh and Charizard, we don't need one more Fire/Flying. I am not saying that we need more Normal/Flying, but this type is more likely for Fletching's evolution than Fire/Flying.
    That's still a terribly shallow pool. In game, a lot of people don't use legendaries, which are late in the game anyway. And, if you don't start with a charmander in RB/FRLG you'll never really use the type. Having a region bird early on that evolves into that combo would probably give the thing a pretty wise use.

El_
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
    Could Yveltal's name come from: Weltall - Wiktionary ? From the German words "welt" (world) and "all" (cosmos). Weltall's meaning is cosmos and/or outer space (Google translate is also saying Weltall means "universe"). The pronounciation is [ˈvɛltʔal] - I have no idea about German, but it looks similar to ee-VELL-tall which is the official pronounciation for Yveltal.
    Back with a "space" relation again...
    Its possible, but I doubt the name is based on that entire word. I'm still very much convinced that its name partly comes from: yvel - definition and meaning yvel - Wiktionary

Its appearance fits the evil look perfectly. (not to mention its rumored to be Dark "evil typed" and flying) So, combining the two words of Yvel and Weltall and translated we would get "Evil Cosmos?"
    Zeb likes this.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatLiver View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Reila View Post
    That's still a terribly shallow pool. In game, a lot of people don't use legendaries, which are late in the game anyway. And, if you don't start with a charmander in RB/FRLG you'll never really use the type. Having a region bird early on that evolves into that combo would probably give the thing a pretty wise use.
    Yeah, the early game is mostly filled with normal, bug and plant types in general, so having a fire/flying pokemon would be a huge asset. And yeah, I don't feel another fire/flying is suddenly too many, especially since two out of the three are legendaries and the other one is a starter, which are notoriously hard to get outside their region. I'm similarly interested in another flying/electric pokemon that isn't legendary (Zaptos) nor does it have low stats (Emolga).

Though I'm like 99.9% sure Fletchling's evolutions will be normal flying as well.

Also, since someone mentioned where Yveltal comes from, I don't know if anyone has suggested this yet, but I believe Xerneus comes from Cerynitis/Cerynaea. Yeah, the actual words look different, but they do sound rather similar, and if you click the link, and you will see exactly why I see a connection. They just changed the word and spelling a bit to make it unique sounding and to added the X to match the version.
    Last edited by NoirGrimoir; 26th May 2013 at 01:57 AM.

Official Claimer of the Pokemon Pumpkaboo | Official Claimer of the Move Trick-Or-Treat | Official Claimer of the Items Silph Scopeand Odd Keystone.
    If you like comedy, check out my fanfic "You Win Some, You Lose Some" (CHAPTER THREE UP!) | For some supplementary art, visit NG's Sketches 'n Stuff!

Nice weather we're having SirOni's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NoirGrimoir View Post
    Also, since someone mentioned where Yveltal comes from, I don't know if anyone has suggested this yet, but I believe Xerneus comes from Cerynitis/Cerynaea. Yeah, the actual words look different, but they do sound rather similar, and if you click the link, and you will see exactly why I see a connection. They just changed the word and spelling a bit to make it unique sounding and to added the X to match the version.
    That and Cernunnos.
    Caro: 0774-4484-9102

IGN: Antonio

URPG:http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?t=66373

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatLiver View Post
    Like I said, that doesn't matter, if people don't use legendaries that is a problem of them, there are still THREE Fire/Flying Pokémon, three options. I am not asking for another Dragon/Steel just because Dialga, a legendary, is the only Pokémon to holds this type. It would be better if Fletching's evolution had an unique type instead of Fire/Flying AND Normal/Flying. Plus, this type combination (Fire/Flying) is horrible. That said, mind you, I am not AGAINST Fletching becoming Fire/Flying, I am just saying it is unlikely, but in the end, Fire/Flying is certainly better than one more freaking Normal/Flying regional bird.

There is nothing wrong with having "another" regional Normal+Flying. Every other region has one....

And while it's true that the only benefit Flying gives Fire is against Fighting and some specific type combinations (e.g. Lotad and Larvesta), and the 4x weakness to Rock is definitely crippling, Fire+Flying is not a "bad" typing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stratelier View Post
    Every other region has one....
    That's exactly why we want it to be Fire/Flying, sometimes it's cool to have things be different from what we expect, and GF does that a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirGrimoir View Post
    This is completely beside the point, but I get a warm, fuzzy and vaguely manic feeling when I see all these posts from other forums on here and realize the pokemon fandom is incredibly interconnected. We're all here and there and over there....it's cool in a sort of, "Oh God, I don't know why I'm laughing!" way.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratelier View Post
    Every other region has one....
    That's exactly why we want it to be Fire/Flying, sometimes it's cool to have things be different from what we expect, and GF does that a lot.
    Well, we're all expecting Fire/Flying. Not that I like the Normal/Flying thing, I really don't. I want it to be something no one is expecting. That doesn't include internet rumors, because everyone is expecting that.

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Virgil: “This eevee hasn't evolved yet. It’s a bit spoiled and still in training. Isn’t that right Eevee?”

Eevee: *shakes head*

Virgil: “Oh? Are you really ready girl?”

Iris: “Did you just say girl?”

virgil: “That’s right!”

They went out of their way to point out the Eevee’s gender. Granted, this could have to do with Eevee’s gender ratio but, a gender based Eeveelution is a possibility.