SPOILERS: Gen VI Pokemon Discussion - Page 15

View Poll Results: Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

52 36.11%
  • Quilladin

35 24.31%
  • Fennekin

51 35.42%
  • Braixen

53 36.81%
  • Froakie

46 31.94%
  • Frogadier

59 40.97%
  • Fletchling

29 20.14%
  • Talonflame

45 31.25%
  • Pancham

32 22.22%
  • Pangoro

45 31.25%
  • Skiddo

28 19.44%
  • Gogoat

37 25.69%
  • Inkay

28 19.44%
  • Malamar

34 23.61%
  • Litleo

28 19.44%
  • Pyroar

56 38.89%
  • Scatterbug

14 9.72%
  • Spewpa

13 9.03%
  • Vivillon

32 22.22%
  • Helioptile

30 20.83%
  • Flabébé

23 15.97%
  • Skrelp

27 18.75%
  • Clauncher

32 22.22%
  • Noivern

51 35.42%
  • Spritzee

30 20.83%
  • Swirlix

18 12.50%
  • Honedge

36 25.00%
  • Dedenne

27 18.75%
  • Bunnelby

18 12.50%
  • Furfrou

27 18.75%
  • Tyrunt

61 42.36%
  • Amaura

48 33.33%
  • Meowstic

53 36.81%
  • Orotto

30 20.83%
  • Sylveon

47 32.64%
  • Xerneas

59 40.97%
  • Yveltal

41 28.47%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 15 of 348 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Default Re: New Pokemon Discussion and Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGON PIRANHA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanxxx View Post
    Wonder about the forwards compatibility with the older DS games in regards to trading...
    Me to because it will make me feel as if i wasted all that time collecting the pokemon in those games.
    Exactly. I'd like to trade forward some of my mons like Tyranitar and Dragonite.

Blog Entries

666 has no significance to Japan. We'll probably get the first evolution of Fodderbug, second if we're lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction View Post
    "Harumpf! I do say, THIS counterfeit was more impressive than THAT counterfeit!"

Visit Apex's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Eneci View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DRAGON PIRANHA View Post

What is corocoro.
    corocoro is a jap magazine that monthly gives spoiler information about games, anime etc. .

it gets released every 15th in the month and leaks between the 12-14th. so the next issue comes out in a week, with probably new information.
    It actually leaks as early as the 8th.

SEAHAWKS SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Angela-Samshi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Zubat View Post
    Just a thought ... if the theme for this gen is based (at least partly) on X & Y chromosomes, and not X & Y axes, then not only could they have a Z version, they could also have a W version. So we might see ZW sequels to these game, just as we saw BW2, with the new legends for those games taking up the remaining primary colours (yellow & green). 'Course, I'm getting ahead of myself, but still, it's an interesting thought.
    I've been saying this myself, actually.

Same here. I'm going to hold this thought until we're proven otherwise. Tied along with the Norse mythology design ideas.
    we can also get an ordinary XY version in which the 2 legendaries fusion and be the mascot. like B or W kyurem. . .

Blog Entries
    Follow Green Zubat On Twitter Add Green Zubat on Facebook
    Follow Green Zubat on Tumblr Visit Green Zubat's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Eneci View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Angela-Samshi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Zubat View Post
    Just a thought ... if the theme for this gen is based (at least partly) on X & Y chromosomes, and not X & Y axes, then not only could they have a Z version, they could also have a W version. So we might see ZW sequels to these game, just as we saw BW2, with the new legends for those games taking up the remaining primary colours (yellow & green). 'Course, I'm getting ahead of myself, but still, it's an interesting thought.
    I've been saying this myself, actually.

Same here. I'm going to hold this thought until we're proven otherwise. Tied along with the Norse mythology design ideas.
    we can also get an ordinary XY version in which the 2 legendaries fusion and be the mascot. like B or W kyurem. . .
    Hmm, maybe that'll be the plot of the first games then, and a ZW fusion could be the counterpart, which you have to use to defeat the XY-fusion. Then again, that does seem a bit much *shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by PikachuTheAmazing View Post
    Maybe the legendaries have a genetic backstory of some sort. Perhaps because of the DNA in the Japanese logos, and the X and Y chromosomes...
    I was thinking this myself, especially since Pokémon already has strong themes relating to genetic engineering (Mewtwo/Mew, Genesect, arguably Shadow Pokémon from XD/Colo and the Mew event from Gen III). However, here the genetic aspect seems quite naturally expressed. I think these legends/gen will embody the light side of genetics for a change, particularly variation, and possibly have a nature vs. nurture aspect, which could provide an interesting moral crux for the story (just as Gen V was all about shades of grey, literally and figuratively).

Credit to Missingno. Master for creating this lovely team snap for my sig :)

While we're on the subject: Pokemon Z. All kidding of Trogdor aside, what if it was actually a serpent? Or specifically, a winged serpent.

If you're talking about a stag legendary with 4-legs that never flies, and a bird legendary with two enormous wings that never lands, then what about a sea snake with no legs that can do all three (slither, swim, and fly)?

A snake fully straightened can represent the X-axis from the side, the Y-axis from the side, or the Z-axis if looked at straight on, at which point it becomes a dot instead of a line.

Now, I know a lot of this is very reminiscent of the Gen 3 Legendaries, Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza. But I would say those Pokemon are much more elementally oriented. Groudon and Kyogre are like deities of the Land and Sea, and Rayquaza commands the air through every layer, atmosphere to stratosphere.

X and Y are (could be?) more like Lugia and Ho-Oh: Guardians of sorts that have a duty to do. Less like royalty and more like knights. I have a feeling this is wear the DNA connection will spring forth.
    V Faction: Bulbatized

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3136 - 6603 - 1330

Default Re: That pokemon we ever wanted...

I can't wait to see what it turns out to be, but I can't help but think they might not want to draw attention to it, in order to dodge more criticism from religious organizations... *sigh*

Pokemon #666 = two Spiritombs tied together.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

Quote Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
    I can't wait to see what it turns out to be, but I can't help but think they might not want to draw attention to it, in order to dodge more criticism from religious organizations... *sigh*
    Oh who cares about those morons? The designers should do what they want to do.
    Proud Sonic and Pokemon fan!

Deviantart: JohnSLPaul

2ds FC: 1478-4291-7605
    Friend Safari Type: Fairy

And plus, they're way too much fun to laugh at!

Blog Entries
    Follow Green Zubat On Twitter Add Green Zubat on Facebook
    Follow Green Zubat on Tumblr Visit Green Zubat's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction View Post
    While we're on the subject: Pokemon Z. All kidding of Trogdor aside, what if it was actually a serpent? Or specifically, a winged serpent.

If you're talking about a stag legendary with 4-legs that never flies, and a bird legendary with two enormous wings that never lands, then what about a sea snake with no legs that can do all three (slither, swim, and fly)?

A snake fully straightened can represent the X-axis from the side, the Y-axis from the side, or the Z-axis if looked at straight on, at which point it becomes a dot instead of a line.

Now, I know a lot of this is very reminiscent of the Gen 3 Legendaries, Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza. But I would say those Pokemon are much more elementally oriented. Groudon and Kyogre are like deities of the Land and Sea, and Rayquaza commands the air through every layer, atmosphere to stratosphere.

X and Y are (could be?) more like Lugia and Ho-Oh: Guardians of sorts that have a duty to do. Less like royalty and more like knights. I have a feeling this is wear the DNA connection will spring forth.
    I disagree. I think you're right about X-Deer having a land motif, and Y-vern being sky-based, but I think Pokémon Z is (as in Norse legend) ruler of the underground. I see Pokémon W, if it exists (which I now strongly believe it does), being better poised to therefore take the position as the transition legendary, able to burrow into the Earth (as Ratatoskr/W does in Norse myth), scuttle across the land, and climb to great heights. I don't think it's a land/sea/sky motif so much as an Underworld/Earth/Heaven one.

You know, the more I think about the possible Norse roots, the more it seems to make sense, especially with the games being more European this time round.

Credit to Missingno. Master for creating this lovely team snap for my sig :)

Norse is fine, and so is Underground legendary. It's more about pinpointing what they haven't done yet more than anything, if you catch my drift.
    V Faction: Bulbatized

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3136 - 6603 - 1330

If the Z and W turn out to be box legends of the next games I'm really expecting them to not be in X&Y at all. I'm really thinking they'll take the true DLC route on events now that they're on the 3ds

Since this a speculation and discussion thread I'm rather curious as to everyone's opinions about the Eeveelution that's most likely going to appear, and whether or not we'll get confirmation about it soon.

They were hyping it up during the lead up to the announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by master shake View Post
    If the Z and W turn out to be box legends of the next games I'm really expecting them to not be in X&Y at all. I'm really thinking they'll take the true DLC route on events now that they're on the 3ds
    Oh god no. Not Pokemon DLC. Just, please, no. I will rage.