SPOILERS: Gen VI Pokemon Discussion - Page 146

View Poll Results: Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

52 36.11%
  • Quilladin

35 24.31%
  • Fennekin

51 35.42%
  • Braixen

53 36.81%
  • Froakie

46 31.94%
  • Frogadier

59 40.97%
  • Fletchling

29 20.14%
  • Talonflame

45 31.25%
  • Pancham

32 22.22%
  • Pangoro

45 31.25%
  • Skiddo

28 19.44%
  • Gogoat

37 25.69%
  • Inkay

28 19.44%
  • Malamar

34 23.61%
  • Litleo

28 19.44%
  • Pyroar

56 38.89%
  • Scatterbug

14 9.72%
  • Spewpa

13 9.03%
  • Vivillon

32 22.22%
  • Helioptile

30 20.83%
  • Flabébé

23 15.97%
  • Skrelp

27 18.75%
  • Clauncher

32 22.22%
  • Noivern

51 35.42%
  • Spritzee

30 20.83%
  • Swirlix

18 12.50%
  • Honedge

36 25.00%
  • Dedenne

27 18.75%
  • Bunnelby

18 12.50%
  • Furfrou

27 18.75%
  • Tyrunt

61 42.36%
  • Amaura

48 33.33%
  • Meowstic

53 36.81%
  • Orotto

30 20.83%
  • Sylveon

47 32.64%
  • Xerneas

59 40.97%
  • Yveltal

41 28.47%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 146 of 348 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156196246 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 5214
Like Tree2711Likes

Thread: Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

@VeggiePopper; What you're completely failing to get is that each of those things may be fairly normal by themselves, but it's them together that makes them look similar.
    Your idea of breaking down the similarities is like doing the following:
    "You're saying Igglybuff and Jigglypuff look alike because they're both pink? So are many other Pokémon, like Lickitung and Sylveon! You say they're both round? So are Voltorb and Magnemite! Igglybuff has a swirl on its head, while Jigglypuff doesn't! Igglybuff has red eyes, while Jigglypuff has blue! They can't be related!"

I'm not denying that Alomomola and Luvdisc have more similarities than Mawile and Elikiteru at all and I never said that Elikiteru is a pre-evolution of Mawile at all (we know it isn't). All I was saying that the two have a slight resemblance.

But while you're saying that all Pokémon need to resemble other Pokémon in their evolution family perfectly and have the same basis:
    Carvanha and Sharpedo. A red Piranha evolves into a blue shark.
    Remoraid and Octillery: A little blue fish becomes a red octopus. Sure, it's meant to reflect the change in power from a handgun to a cannon, but it's still weird.
    Hoppip and Skiploon: An entirely red Pokémon becomes green.
    Gloom and Belossom: A purple, bad smelling plant becomes a hula dancer.
    Snorunt, Glalie and Froslass: All completely different bases.
    Trapinch to Vibrava.
    Dratini and Dragonair to Dragonite.
    Rhydon to Rhyperior (talk about a drastic colour change!)
    The list goes on.

Zeb
    five times in the mirror Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

Since Yayakoma is known for its beautiful voice I reckon it could learn Sing. None of the other regional birds we have learn Sing (Hoothoot and Pidove do learn Hypnosis, but they are not really the same from a thematic point of view) and when you think about it, birds sing all the time, so maybe this will be the first regional bird to do so?
    The_Doctor likes this.
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

Visit Rainbow's Youtube Channel

Just for a bit of different discussion, what about shinies? These are my predictions (haha, a bit random, but I just love shinies 030)
    The_Doctor likes this.

I don't know if people have discussed this already but does anyone think that the new mewtwo forme will be the same new type as sylveon? I mean fairy could fall through and we can get somethinng similar that also encompasses the new forme?
    VINCIT QUI SE VINCIT

Quote Originally Posted by AceTogeTrainer View Post
    I don't know if people have discussed this already but does anyone think that the new mewtwo forme will be the same new type as sylveon? I mean fairy could fall through and we can get somethinng similar that also encompasses the new forme?
    I do think that may be the case, with a possible new Light type. If not, I'm thinking Sylveon will be Flying.

I'm not sure if it was confirmed that Yayakoma is the regional bird, but I am thinking and hoping that it definitely will be. I tend to keep the regional bird on my team for a good while, and I'm really like Yayakoma's design.

My favorite of the newly revealed Pokémon is Erikiteru. This is mainly because of its unique type combination and adorable face.

Quote Originally Posted by shy_taillow View Post
    I do think that may be the case, with a possible new Light type. If not, I'm thinking Sylveon will be Flying.

I'm not sure if it was confirmed that Yayakoma is the regional bird, but I am thinking and hoping that it definitely will be. I tend to keep the regional bird on my team for a good while, and I'm really like Yayakoma's design.

My favorite of the newly revealed Pokémon is Erikiteru. This is mainly because of its unique type combination and adorable face.
    It looks like the regional bird but its just that flame charge thats throwing me off. I mean it would be amazing if it could evolve into some regal phoenix / robin fire thing but that wouldn't really be a generational bird thing to do...
    VINCIT QUI SE VINCIT

Nice weather we're having SirOni's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rainy Day View Post
    Just for a bit of different discussion, what about shinies? These are my predictions (haha, a bit random, but I just love shinies 030)
    That's some nice work there.
    Caro: 0774-4484-9102

IGN: Antonio

URPG:http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f401/cerony-urpg-66373/

Quote Originally Posted by shy_taillow View Post

It looks like the regional bird but its just that flame charge thats throwing me off. I mean it would be amazing if it could evolve into some regal phoenix / robin fire thing but that wouldn't really be a generational bird thing to do...
    While I do think it isn't per the norm of regional birds to use fire moves or be Phoenix-esque creature. I do belive it was previously stated/confirmed that their are 3 meta regions, so maybe it is the regional bird for one of the meta regions

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

Looking at Yayakoma's design, I'd have to agree with what others have said in that I think the line is going to have an arrow motif. So it's possible that learning Flame Charge could be a reference to incendiary arrows rather than an indication that it'll become a fire type.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterdaze View Post
    Looking at Yayakoma's design, I'd have to agree with what others have said in that I think the line is going to have an arrow motif. So it's possible that learning Flame Charge could be a reference to incendiary arrows rather than an indication that it'll become a fire type.
    While I know this is a speculation thread, I just don't understand the arrows thing. Could you elaborate?

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by sgntgroundhog View Post
    While I know this is a speculation thread, I just don't understand the arrows thing. Could you elaborate?
    From what I can tell, it's because the tail feathers have the shape and pattern of arrow fletchings making the bird resemble an arrow in flight. Some people also think that a robin Pokemon may end up referencing Robin Hood, one of the most famous archers in European folklore.
    EDIT: Also it is thought that the name may be derived from a combination of Ya (arrow) and koma (from komadori, or Japanese Robin).

It's not a lot to go on, but there's certainly more weight to it than the western phoenix idea (which incidentally, has no connection to robins and has been done)
    Last edited by Winterdaze; 13th May 2013 at 08:59 PM.
    The_Doctor and Dread Advocate like this.

From what I can tell, it's because the tail feathers have the shape and pattern of arrow fletchings making the bird resemble an arrow in flight. Some people also think that a robin Pokemon may end up referencing Robin Hood, one of the most famous archers in European folklore.

It's not a lot to go on, but there's certainly more weight to it than the western phoenix idea (which incidentally, has no connection to robins and has been done)
    Well although many pokemon do have deep thematic development in their design,movesets etc. most of the regional birds are just that, plain birds. and if it isnt the regional bird then there's no reason that the arrow idea can't coexist with the flaming robin idea. (and just so you know a confirmed move is just as much proof as tail markings). I hope i didn't just come off as too blunt but thats just my humble opinion.

And also just a random thought but... what happens if the panda is the regional "rodent" I know its highly unlikely but from the one generational release i actually followed, patrat and pidove were released at the same time?? right?? but actually the electric thing could very well be the rodent since we really don't know what exactly it is and it ISSS normal type aswell... even if it turns out to be the regional rodent i still hope its evo is the fan lizard thing.
    VINCIT QUI SE VINCIT

Well although many pokemon do have deep thematic development in their design,movesets etc. most of the regional birds are just that, plain birds. and if it isnt the regional bird then there's no reason that the arrow idea can't coexist with the flaming robin idea. (and just so you know a confirmed move is just as much proof as tail markings). I hope i didn't just come off as too blunt but thats just my humble opinion.

And also just a random thought but... what happens if the panda is the regional "rodent" I know its highly unlikely but from the one generational release i actually followed, patrat and pidove were released at the same time?? right?? but actually the electric thing could very well be the rodent since we really don't know what exactly it is and it ISSS normal type aswell... even if it turns out to be the regional rodent i still hope its evo is the fan lizard thing.
    I wouldn't be suprised if the panda is the regional rodent, although how a panda cub fits into being the regional rat for a FRANCE-like region is highly unlikely. I will still be using the panda in my X team, along with Chespin, the bird, the ralts family, and the snorlax family. I am very excited to see how the panda evolves.

(Man this is a jumbled post)

Blog Entries

In the trailer there was that desert area with the dome-like structures, and on the revealed map, there appears to be a desert west of Miare city, So I'm thinking that Erikiteru would be found there so it can absorb the sunlight easily.

Quote Originally Posted by IS1296 View Post
    In the trailer there was that desert area with the dome-like structures, and on the revealed map, there appears to be a desert west of Miare city, So I'm thinking that Erikiteru would be found there so it can absorb the sunlight easily.
    I'm thinking that that is a very good point, but, Even in a desert how would erikiteru survive. Plenty of sunlight will only go so well without water...