SPOILERS: Gen VI Pokemon Discussion - Page 145

View Poll Results: Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

52 36.11%
  • Quilladin

35 24.31%
  • Fennekin

51 35.42%
  • Braixen

53 36.81%
  • Froakie

46 31.94%
  • Frogadier

59 40.97%
  • Fletchling

29 20.14%
  • Talonflame

45 31.25%
  • Pancham

32 22.22%
  • Pangoro

45 31.25%
  • Skiddo

28 19.44%
  • Gogoat

37 25.69%
  • Inkay

28 19.44%
  • Malamar

34 23.61%
  • Litleo

28 19.44%
  • Pyroar

56 38.89%
  • Scatterbug

14 9.72%
  • Spewpa

13 9.03%
  • Vivillon

32 22.22%
  • Helioptile

30 20.83%
  • Flabébé

23 15.97%
  • Skrelp

27 18.75%
  • Clauncher

32 22.22%
  • Noivern

51 35.42%
  • Spritzee

30 20.83%
  • Swirlix

18 12.50%
  • Honedge

36 25.00%
  • Dedenne

27 18.75%
  • Bunnelby

18 12.50%
  • Furfrou

27 18.75%
  • Tyrunt

61 42.36%
  • Amaura

48 33.33%
  • Meowstic

53 36.81%
  • Orotto

30 20.83%
  • Sylveon

47 32.64%
  • Xerneas

59 40.97%
  • Yveltal

41 28.47%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 145 of 348 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155195245 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 5214
Like Tree2711Likes

Thread: Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

WPM has claimed his source has told him the following English names for the Pokémon:

Gogoat -> The same
    Yancham -> Panchum
    Yayakoma -> Fletchling
    Elikiteru -> Helioptile

However, I still think WPM (or at least his source) is full of crap. Why? Because if Gogoat's name is the same...why was the "basis" for his source being "legit" the fact that there's an electric-type move that heals you as it does damage and not y'know...GOGOAT?

Visit Rainbow's Youtube Channel

I hope those aren't real, specifically Elekiteru's name. Helioptile? What is that even suppose to mean?

But I think this "source" is still BS anyways, so yeah.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Did he receive these names beforehand, or did the source just give it to him?

Also, Helioptile = Helio (sun) + reptile. It's a clunky name written out, but it fits since it's a solar-powered Pokemon.

If those are the names I'm not too fond of them, but then again I'm skeptical of WPM's source so I'm a bit bias in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Jan die Draakman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Doctor View Post
    I think the fairy type sounds fine. Clearly, some pokemon like Clefairy (who's type would probably be retconned to be Fairy) just aren't "Normal". Fairylike and healing powers aren't by any means "Normal". But they aren't quite most other types either. Given that we already have Dragon as a type (as Joshawott pointed out), what in the world is wrong with Fairy? I think it's probably one of the best ideas. It would also have pretty clear weaknesses and advantages due to stories and previous fictions. I don't understand why it would be strong against Ice, though. But I could easily see it maybe being weak to Poison and Steel maybe. And possibly strong against Dark, Ghost, and Dragon maybe. Overall, I believe that we will get a new type, and Fairy would be fine by me. I'm just a bit concerned that Ice is going to be even more of a punching bag.

As for the newly revealed mons, I really like them. Of the four new ones, my favorite is probably the Panda or Goat. I could see the panda evolving into either Fighting/Grass or Fighting/Dark. I think that the Electric lizard thing may lose its Normal typing in exchange for maybe Flying or Dragon upon evolving.
    On more ice weakness < hopefully there is a type weaknesses/strength change in general.
    I agree. I think that the whole type chart should be renovated, rebalanced, and re-edited. Grass, Rock, and Ice are too weak while some types like Ghost and Dragon are a bit overpowered. A few types like Poison are too overlooked and need a relevance boost.

That makes sense. Although I wouldn't mind it as much if the random "p" wasn't thrown in there.

We should see soon, seeing as the US site will probably update this week.

I hope Gogoat is the legitimate English name. It's not terribly original, but the use of it on the forums has endeared the name to me.
    Which came first: the Mew or the Arceus?

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Fletchling is an interesting name.

It's a combo of fledgling, a baby bird, and fletching, the fins on an arrow, which Yayakoma appears to have as a tail.

And arrow in Japanese is "ya"...could Yayakoma, like this English name speculates (knows? I'm starting to wonder myself) have an arrow motif?

Visit Rocky505's Youtube Channel

I just hope Yayakoma is nearly or as good as Staraptor and Swellow were. Pidgeot was okay, Noctowl was confusing to use when I was little and Unfezant was just odd.

"I'm just a passing through Pokemon Trainer,"

Quote Originally Posted by Tendou Soujirou View Post
    Fletchling is an interesting name.

It's a combo of fledgling, a baby bird, and fletching, the fins on an arrow, which Yayakoma appears to have as a tail.

And arrow in Japanese is "ya"...could Yayakoma, like this English name speculates (knows? I'm starting to wonder myself) have an arrow motif?
    Maybe something like a Robin Hood motif?

I hope that Yayakoma turns out to be really good. I'm hoping for it to be about as good (or even better) than Staraptor. Staraptor was easily the best regional bird imo, and I'd love for this new bird to be up there too. It does seem that it will have some Fire moves. I don't really expect its type to change though. Staraptor had Fighting and Noctowl had Psychic, but they never changed type. So I guess Yayakoma is going to stay Normal/Flying +badass fire abilities :D I'm kinda hoping for a 3 stage evolution rather than the commonly suggested 2. But either way I'm fine as long as it's as good as Staraptor (and not nearly as bad as Unfezant!).

I'll definitely be catching one on my first day, probably even my first caught pokemon :) I'm not sure what to name it yet. Maybe Robin, Bo, Fawkes, or Flint.

Blog Entries

Panchum sounds good, but the others names... ugh, why complicate so much?

Blog Entries
    Follow VeggiePopper On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post

The yellow
    I already said "apart from the color scheme", so don't try to fool me with that one.

round heads
    MOST Pokémon have round heads ¬¬ That's like saying "OMGZ they look the same because they both have eyes!!11". And even then, they're not that similar, as they have different mouths and Elekiteru's seems to be divided in sections, unlike Mawile's.

the long yet thin brown ears
    Fair enough, you're right. That makes two similarities.

the white limbs that extend into brown hands.
    Again, that's part of the color scheme. So I already acknowledge this. That's not to mention that you now treat one single similarity as many just so your point doesn't fall apart.

So basically, it's just the colors and the ears; two similarities. Now, let's talk about differences.

- Mawile looks sightly humanoid, whereas Elikiteru is entirely reptilian.
    - Mawile's quadrupedal. Elikiteru´s bipedal.
    - Their legs/paws look nothing alike at all.
    - As said before, Elikiteru's head has a different pattern: seems to be divided in sections, has a triangle-shaped mark on its forehead and the brown section covers its whole upper-half, whereas Mawile's head doesn't have sections or marks, and only the very top is covered in dark brown/gray.
    - Elikiteru has a tail, Mawile doesn't.
    - Their eyes have different shape and color. It might look like nitpicking, however, most Pokémon related by evolution have eyes of the same color.
    - Basically, they're based on different things: Mawile is based on a legend about a Japanese woman (hence the dress-like legs), whereas Elikiteru is based on a lizard.
    - Most importantly (aesthetically spkeaking): Elikiteru lacks Mawile's most unique feature: the big jaw on top of its head.
    - Most importantly (gameplay speaking), they are different typings: Mawile is Steel, Elikiteru is Electric/Normal.

Unlike Luvdisc and Alomomola, which were both based on the same animal (fish) and even then, said animal is tweaked THE EXACT SAME WAY, up to both being of the same color (pink) and shape (heart), not to mention type (Water); Alomomola is basically a bigger Luvdisc. Mawile and Elikiteru share nothing in common but colors, so I see no way of getting confused and say it definitely loos like Mawile's preevolution. tjat's just, again, seeing things when there's none.

-----

Anyway, back on topic, I like those English names, especially Helioptile. I don't know is Helio- comes from helios, Greek for 'sun', hinting at an Electric/Grass evolution (something that doesn't exist oustide Rotom, so it would be refershing) or as in 'helicopter' (after all, its ears resemble a helicopter's propeller) hinting at an Electric/Flying evolution, (after all, its called the Generator Pokémon, referencing a turbine like those in flying machines like jets and rockets), which, while not unique, is still an uncommon combination.
    Last edited by VeggiePopper; 13th May 2013 at 05:41 PM.

Pt: 5285 3562 3697- Veggie
    SS: 5156 5108 0540- Dany
    B1: 0175 8413 2944- Popper
    B2: 1163 7552 4502- Jonatan
    3DS: 1418-6718-4136

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Reila View Post
    Panchum sounds good, but the others names... ugh, why complicate so much?
    What's wrong with being creative?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou View Post
    What's wrong with being creative?
    What is wrong with me not liking the names?