SPOILERS: Gen VI Pokemon Discussion - Page 137

View Poll Results: Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

52 36.11%
  • Quilladin

35 24.31%
  • Fennekin

51 35.42%
  • Braixen

53 36.81%
  • Froakie

46 31.94%
  • Frogadier

59 40.97%
  • Fletchling

29 20.14%
  • Talonflame

45 31.25%
  • Pancham

32 22.22%
  • Pangoro

45 31.25%
  • Skiddo

28 19.44%
  • Gogoat

37 25.69%
  • Inkay

28 19.44%
  • Malamar

34 23.61%
  • Litleo

28 19.44%
  • Pyroar

56 38.89%
  • Scatterbug

14 9.72%
  • Spewpa

13 9.03%
  • Vivillon

32 22.22%
  • Helioptile

30 20.83%
  • Flabébé

23 15.97%
  • Skrelp

27 18.75%
  • Clauncher

32 22.22%
  • Noivern

51 35.42%
  • Spritzee

30 20.83%
  • Swirlix

18 12.50%
  • Honedge

36 25.00%
  • Dedenne

27 18.75%
  • Bunnelby

18 12.50%
  • Furfrou

27 18.75%
  • Tyrunt

61 42.36%
  • Amaura

48 33.33%
  • Meowstic

53 36.81%
  • Orotto

30 20.83%
  • Sylveon

47 32.64%
  • Xerneas

59 40.97%
  • Yveltal

41 28.47%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 137 of 348 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187237 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 5214

Thread: Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Follow Rainbow On Twitter Add Rainbow on Facebook Add Rainbow on Google+ Add Rainbow on MySpace
    Add Rainbow on Linkedin Follow Rainbow on Tumblr Follow Rainbow on Flickr Visit Rainbow's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

Maybe they're being really crafty

and Sylveon is our first dual type eeveelution.

Blog Entries
    Follow Green Zubat On Twitter Add Green Zubat on Facebook
    Follow Green Zubat on Tumblr Visit Green Zubat's Youtube Channel

You know, it's only been like an hour or so since I found out, but I'm already starting to get comfortable with Fairy. Still don't want it to happen over Flying!Sylveon, or even Normal!Sylveon, mind.

Also, I'm confused as to why Elikteru (sp?) is part normal. Surely if it absorbs sunlight to make electricity it should be Electric/Grass?

Quote Originally Posted by VeggiePopper View Post
    Fairy type being immune AND super effective against Dragon, plus SE against Dark and Fighting, and on top of that, weak only to the most unused offensive types? Hell! That is way too broken, even more so than Psychic was in Gen I. That's enough for me to not believe on that rumour.
    No, it's really not. Gen I Psychic had even less weaknesses than Fairy would have. At least Poison has strong moves to take Fairy down with; there were no strong Bug moves in Gen I (whilst Ghost couldn't affect Psychic at all, at the time, and obv. Dark & Steel didn't exist to combat it too). To be honest, I'd find that match-up acceptable, especially since Dragon could stand to be taken down a notch, and Poison brought up a few.

Also, if these was true, then Sylveon couldn't be Fairy either, making the rumour self-contradictory (since, according to the new type's description, Sylveon could not be Fairy, so either the rumour is a lie or either there's going to be more than one new type and Sylveon wolud be of the other new type). Furthermore, on a personal view, I'd hate double typed attacks and I doubt Mewtwo is getting a second new forme and that the starters secondary types will be Dark/Psychic/Fighing (even if I'd love that to happen).
    How so, exactly? Sylveon looks every bit what I imagine a Fairy type would look like.

But still, if the only hints we have are that Sylveon was said to be 'strong' against Ice, but is not Steel nor Fighting (and by virtue of previous eeveelutions, it is unlikely that it is Fire), we had the following possible scenarios, in decreasing order of plausibility:

[...]

2) The type chart is indeed being changed like in Gen II.
    I would like this. Again, Poison needs the boost, and some types could stand to be nerfed (Dragon, Water, etc.)

3) Game Freak is trolling us and Sylveon is Rock type.
    If Sylveon is Rock type, I'm gonna have to stab a bitch.

4) Game Freak just pulled us the trolling of our lives and Sylveon's type is one of the other remaining old types (Normal, Bug, Dragon. Ground or Flying) and can learn naturally (that is, via level-up, no TM/HM's required) either Fire, Rock or Steel moves, hence it is effectively strong against Ice (note that according to the report, it was said that SILVEON, not Sylveon's typing, is strong to Ice, so they might be playing with words on their favor).
    What report? Have I missed something?

Credit to Missingno. Master for creating this lovely team snap for my sig :)

Blog Entries

There's the matter of Sylveon's name trend though, I think it's the only thing going for us that it may not be one of the current types, or dual-typed.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

Follow Rainbow On Twitter Add Rainbow on Facebook Add Rainbow on Google+ Add Rainbow on MySpace
    Add Rainbow on Linkedin Follow Rainbow on Tumblr Follow Rainbow on Flickr Visit Rainbow's Youtube Channel

Someone posted this

So is this Newtwo's second forme?

Sylveon's advantage over Ice doesn't suggest that the type is Fairy. Everything is possible with a new type, but I'd like to believe that Game Freak would only give Ice a fifth weakness if it made sense.

I think that the advantage would be justified if said type were Aether/Astral (both could be considered as the same thing). Aether is supposed to encompass all the classical elements (including fire), and both Aether and Astral pertain to using the stars as an energy source. I would think that high temperature would be involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainy Day
    That's fake. It was posted in April.

Quote Originally Posted by NoirGrimoir View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tendou Soujirou View Post
    Well, Elikiteru is based on a solar dish as well (a parabolic solar dish, as he's got a parabola head), so, while he sunbathes, he also powers up with electrical energy.
    This would also explain his attack, Parabola Charge.
    Signature move?

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Sylveon's advantage over Ice doesn't suggest that the type is Fairy. Everything is possible with a new type, but I'd like to believe that Game Freak would only give Ice a fifth weakness if it made sense.

I think that the advantage would be justified if said type were Aether/Astral (both could be considered as the same thing). Aether is supposed to encompass all the classical elements (including fire), and both Aether and Astral pertain to using the stars as an energy source. I would think that high temperature would be involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainy Day
    That's fake. It was posted in April.
    I see, thought it was new because of all of the Genesect talk on Smash today.

In glorious technicolor The Outrage's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rainy Day View Post
    Someone posted this

Source the person got it from?

Given that the confirmed Smash info contradicts Pokebeach.....

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

According to Serebii, Parabola Change breaks the character limit for moves (previously seven characters) as it's パラボラチャージ

Might we get...*gasp* a Pokemon with more than 5 JP/10 EN characters for a name?
    Yu-Gi-Oh!
    Duel Monsters Sengoku!

An original Yu-Gi-Oh Fanfic! Join Yuto Masamune and his Imperial Monster Patch-Eye Dragon as they take on Sengoku Academy!

Current Chapter -Turn 2: One-Eyed Duelist, One-Eyed Dragon! Impress Summon, [Patch-Eye Dragon]!

Yuto continues his Duel against Shisa, a delinquent who calls himself a "Chain Duelist!". Just then, as Shisa's strong offense and defense overwhelms Yuto, a new type of summon occurs!

Silktree is right, the person said it was a deviantart picture.

X and Y Mewtwo leaked by ~icaro382 on deviantART

Blog Entries

I think the fact that that second form is so ridiculously unimaginative (basically just a mash of mewtwo and our newmew form) confirms how fake it is.

^^More pixels to work in the 3DS which means the letters can be smaller so the names can be longer so...could be.

Official Claimer of the Pokemon Pumpkaboo | Official Claimer of the Move Trick- Or -Treat | Official Claimer of the Items Silph Scope and Odd Keystone.
    If you like comedy, check out my fanfic "You Win Some, You Lose Some" (CHAPTER THREE UP!) | For some supplementary art, visit NG's Sketches 'n Stuff!

Super Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Quote Originally Posted by Rainy Day View Post
    Someone posted this

I'm pretty sure that was confirmed fake around the time Mewtwo's alternate form was revealed. Personally, the details on this Fairy type make it sound a bit too overpowered. There's no sign that Mewtwo would have a second alternate form since it would have appeared through the promotional information for the movie by now. As much as I'd like a Psychic/Dark/Fighting secondary typing for the starters, I'm not sure if they'd go that route. Regardless, the information on Fairy type and especially the second form for Mewtwo is enough to make me seriously doubt this information for the time being. I'm still expecting Game Freak to troll us with Sylveon's type at this point.

Anyway, Erikiteru is easily my favorite out of the new Pokemon. It's just such a cute little lizard. Electric/Normal is an interesting combination. I could see it losing the Normal type through its evolution. I could see it being on one of my teams in the new games. Yanchamu is pretty cool. I like the toughness in its design. I kept on thinking that it could evolve into a Fighting/Grass type for some reason, despite the four times weakness it would gain for Flying type moves, but Fighting/Dark would make a bit more sense based on the information. Either way, I expect to see it fight with a bamboo stick after it evolves. Yayakoma is a pretty decent for the usual early route Flying type. I like the simplistic design and learning Flame Charge is kind of interesting. I could see it evolving twice since it looks so small. Gogoat is pretty cool. I like that you can actually ride on it. I'm leading towards it being a standalone, but I could see it getting a pre-evolved form too.

Blog Entries

I kind of feel like Yayakoma will only have one evo.

Official Claimer of the Pokemon Pumpkaboo | Official Claimer of the Move Trick- Or -Treat | Official Claimer of the Items Silph Scope and Odd Keystone.
    If you like comedy, check out my fanfic "You Win Some, You Lose Some" (CHAPTER THREE UP!) | For some supplementary art, visit NG's Sketches 'n Stuff!

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Does anyone think this Generation might have a fairly large amount of Pokemon despite being what we thought was the smaller, even-Gen?

The fact they're revealing four New Pokemon already, when this issue typically is light on New Pokemon in past pre-releases, is pretty interesting. I mean, we've got 10 Pokemon already, and we're bound to get more next month I'd reckon.
    Yu-Gi-Oh!
    Duel Monsters Sengoku!

An original Yu-Gi-Oh Fanfic! Join Yuto Masamune and his Imperial Monster Patch-Eye Dragon as they take on Sengoku Academy!

Current Chapter -Turn 2: One-Eyed Duelist, One-Eyed Dragon! Impress Summon, [Patch-Eye Dragon]!

Yuto continues his Duel against Shisa, a delinquent who calls himself a "Chain Duelist!". Just then, as Shisa's strong offense and defense overwhelms Yuto, a new type of summon occurs!

Blog Entries
    Follow VeggiePopper On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Green Zubat View Post

Also, if these was true, then Sylveon couldn't be Fairy either, making the rumour self-contradictory (since, according to the new type's description, Sylveon could not be Fairy, so either the rumour is a lie or either there's going to be more than one new type and Sylveon wolud be of the other new type). Furthermore, on a personal view, I'd hate double typed attacks and I doubt Mewtwo is getting a second new forme and that the starters secondary types will be Dark/Psychic/Fighing (even if I'd love that to happen).
    How so, exactly? Sylveon looks every bit what I imagine a Fairy type would look like.
    You missunderstand me, let me reword that part. I never said it didn't look like a fairy, I said that the rumor has no sense: according to it, Fairy does neutral damage to Ice, whereas on Smash, they said Sylveon (and pressumably, its type) is super effecive against Ice, which doesn't correlate with the info that rumor supposedly revealed about the Fairy type, so either the rumour is false (as it doesn't correspond to what we saw today on Smash) or Sylveon is not Fairy (but that would mean that there's another new type, seeing that the current types don't fit in what was evealed today about its type).

What report? Have I missed something?
    By "the report" I meant, "what was reported today on Pokémon Smash". My bad, I apologize for the horrendous wording.

Pt: 5285 3562 3697- Veggie
    SS: 5156 5108 0540- Dany
    B1: 0175 8413 2944- Popper
    B2: 1163 7552 4502- Jonatan
    3DS: 1418-6718-4136