SPOILERS: Gen VI Pokemon Discussion - Page 123

View Poll Results: Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

52 36.11%
  • Quilladin

35 24.31%
  • Fennekin

51 35.42%
  • Braixen

53 36.81%
  • Froakie

46 31.94%
  • Frogadier

59 40.97%
  • Fletchling

29 20.14%
  • Talonflame

45 31.25%
  • Pancham

32 22.22%
  • Pangoro

45 31.25%
  • Skiddo

28 19.44%
  • Gogoat

37 25.69%
  • Inkay

28 19.44%
  • Malamar

34 23.61%
  • Litleo

28 19.44%
  • Pyroar

56 38.89%
  • Scatterbug

14 9.72%
  • Spewpa

13 9.03%
  • Vivillon

32 22.22%
  • Helioptile

30 20.83%
  • Flabébé

23 15.97%
  • Skrelp

27 18.75%
  • Clauncher

32 22.22%
  • Noivern

51 35.42%
  • Spritzee

30 20.83%
  • Swirlix

18 12.50%
  • Honedge

36 25.00%
  • Dedenne

27 18.75%
  • Bunnelby

18 12.50%
  • Furfrou

27 18.75%
  • Tyrunt

61 42.36%
  • Amaura

48 33.33%
  • Meowstic

53 36.81%
  • Orotto

30 20.83%
  • Sylveon

47 32.64%
  • Xerneas

59 40.97%
  • Yveltal

41 28.47%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 123 of 348 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 5214
Like Tree2711Likes

Thread: Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Default Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Utsune View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Gaara View Post
    @Utsune; Yes, I forgot to mention that; I also noticed the resemblance to Burgh's badge.

Though, the thing about the Fairy-type is, nothing really says "fairy" to me other than its being pink.

Many people argue that Sylveon can't be "insert type here" because it doesn't look like "insert type here" and all Eeveelutions resemble their types, obviously (which I could argue that not all of them do, but...not now). In this case, I don't see anything Fairy or Light, or anything that Sylveon could obviously be. It just doesn't scream, "I'M A LIGHT/FAIRY TYPE!" to me. It looks Normal at first glance, and maybe Flying if the flowing ribbons mean anything.

What I'm basically wondering is, is there anything other than that rumor that makes people think it is a Fairy type?

Other than a new type, I'm thinking it'll be either Normal, Flying, Dragon (it could be, though, again, not by just looking at it), or Bug.

Well yeah haha of course, at this point in time it's only pure speculations here. I think the people are mostly basing the new "Fairy" Type on the fact that there are a handful of Pokemon in this Egg Group. Second main reason is, with Pokemon X and Y being possibly based on a genetics theme, it won't be a surprise if they took an Egg Group and turn that into a Typing. For now, there're only rumours and speculations, but if you want to see something slightly different I could give you a biased account of statistics I cooked up randomly below.

(Possible tl;dr ahead)

----------------------------------------

Firstly, the Pokemon which belongs to the Fairy Egg Group only are mostly pink (of the 9, 7 are Pink and Normal Type, the other 2 are Plusle and Minun.) Some of them also have a significant portion of White.

If you take a look at this list:

Fairy (Egg Group) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

The Pokemon with a Typing other than Normal have their own representative colours, so we can ignore them for the sake of this argument (eg. Pikachu is yellow and not pink because it's Electric Type.)

Jumpluff, Mawile, Pachirisu, and Snorunt are the only exceptions here (now having a colour to represent their typing.) Statistically, the ratio compared to the ones above is therefore 4:17, a negligible minority.

The remaining half-Fairies are Snubbull, Granbull, Skitty, Delcatty, Castform. All of which are Pink, and White in case of Castform. I'll be biased here and mention Togetic/Togekiss (Fairy/Flying Group) are also white.

Colours-wise, there are the Pink Pokemon (according to Dex Colour, not counting baby Pokemon just yet, and I will ignore the 11 Psychic types just because Psychic can be represented by Pink.) There are 12 which aren't part of the Fairy Egg Group (7 are Normal, 5 are Water.) All 3 of the remaining baby Pokemon evolve into one of the Fairy Egg Group Pokemon. If we count them as being part of the Fairy line, that gives 15 Fairy-related Pokemon in the Pink Pokemon Group, which is the majority.

I know this is a very very crude non-scientific argument lol, being biased with statistics, but this pretty much explains the logic behind the colour Pink (and maybe a bit of White) being related to Fairies.

(tl;dr ends here.)

Which finally *somehow vaguely* leads to the point that Sylveon is Pink and White. And the conclusion is?

Quote Originally Posted by Team Gaara View Post
    Though, the thing about the Fairy-type is, nothing really says "fairy" to me other than its being pink.
    This, haha.

And then there are the bow ties.

Quote Originally Posted by AntimatterAsh View Post
    They could create flying using the tail things around its neck, a bit like Tails from Sonic.
    So Sylveon flies like a helicopter? :P
    (I kid I kid)
    you do realize that they don't have to be pink to be fairy. fairies are more than just girly creatures banshees and goblins are fairies too.
    also pokemon aren't always the color of their type, like Pokemon that are part ground like swampert aren't brown.

Blog Entries

Visit Utsune's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    you do realize that they don't have to be pink to be fairy. fairies are more than just girly creatures banshees and goblins are fairies too.
    also pokemon aren't always the color of their type, like Pokemon that are part ground like swampert aren't brown.
    Yes good point, I fully notice that myself, but I'm making a very bold assumption here, which is that: All the Eeveelutions (other than Eevee itself) has a colour that follows their Type colour representation. By this (partially forced) logic, a pink Eevee could only be Psychic, Normal, or maybe poison or Flying, a white Eevee could only be Normal, Flying, or possibly Steel. And by going with colours alone, if they ever made a Ghost Eevee, it would be Purple themed, Ground Eevee be some sort of Brown, Bug Eevee is probably on the spectrum of Green/Yellow.

All in all, merely a bold assumption :P

(Photography scraps) deviantART | YouTube (Random Music Covers)

Quote Originally Posted by Utsune View Post
    Yes good point, I fully notice that myself, but I'm making a very bold assumption here, which is that: All the Eeveelutions (other than Eevee itself) has a colour that follows their Type colour representation. By this (partially forced) logic, a pink Eevee could only be Psychic, Normal, or maybe poison or Flying, a white Eevee could only be Normal, Flying, or possibly Steel. And by going with colours alone, if they ever made a Ghost Eevee, it would be Purple themed, Ground Eevee be some sort of Brown, Bug Eevee is probably on the spectrum of Green/Yellow.

All in all, merely a bold assumption :P
    Well if there is a normal eeveelution, I would assume it would be the last one, and it would most likely keep it's iconic brown coat.
    I'll be honest, fairy could happen, but I cannot see Sylveon being Fairy type. He still seems like a Flying type to me

The Original Sylveon The Guardian Sylveon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If Sylveon turns out to be the newly mentioned Fairy Type I would like to say that a second Eeveelution this generation (If there is one and I hope there is) would probably be a Steel Type since fairies are known to have a weakness to iron and going by what they have done with Eeveelutions since Generations 2 and 4 where one Eeveelution is super effective against the other (Umbreon was strong against Espeon and Glaceon was storng against Leafeon) so this wouldn't be a bad idea at all. Another idea for a second Eeveelution if Sylveon is a Fairy Type would be a Dragon Type if they go with a Fairy vs. Dragon theme and with the super effectiveness thing I think Fairy would be strong against Dragon so Sylveon would have the upper hand against a Dragon Eeveelution.

What do you guys thinK?
    Utsune likes this.

Team Eeveelution All The Way!!!

Registered User BigBadButterfree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snubbull Lover 777 View Post
    If Sylveon turns out to be the newly mentioned Fairy Type I would like to say that a second Eeveelution this generation (If there is one and I hope there is) would probably be a Steel Type since fairies are known to have a weakness to iron and going by what they have done with Eeveelutions since Generations 2 and 4 where one Eeveelution is super effective against the other (Umbreon was strong against Espeon and Glaceon was storng against Leafeon) so this wouldn't be a bad idea at all. Another idea for a second Eeveelution if Sylveon is a Fairy Type would be a Dragon Type if they go with a Fairy vs. Dragon theme and with the super effectiveness thing I think Fairy would be strong against Dragon so Sylveon would have the upper hand against a Dragon Eeveelution.

What do you guys thinK?
    If fairy turns out to be true, I'd think dragon to be a good possible second 'lution to go with it. Probably just a personal opinion, but then we'd have 2 types of these eeveelutions based on mythical creatures, as opposed to elements, night/day, and whatever leafeon and glaceon represent, I know they're SOME sort of opposite...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadButterfree View Post

What do you guys thinK?
    If fairy turns out to be true, I'd think dragon to be a good possible second 'lution to go with it. Probably just a personal opinion, but then we'd have 2 types of these eeveelutions based on mythical creatures, as opposed to elements, night/day, and whatever leafeon and glaceon represent, I know they're SOME sort of opposite...
    Yeah I think a Dragon and Fairy Eeveelution would make a perfect combination like you just previously mentioned both being based off mythical creatures and all.

Sylveon: y u no look like other eeveelutions?

Fairy is a good chance, unless the speculation has just been leaked somewhere untruthully. To the unspotted eye, Sylveon would not look like any eevee evolution more than Milotic looks like Cresselia
    Team: Castform; Klinklang; Victini; Tornadus

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

I agree that a flying type Eevee based on a bat would be unlikely because it would be a departure from the usual body plan. If they were to make a flying Eevee, they would make it pure flying, not Normal/Flying, and Sylveon doesn't accomplish that. Enough people are convinced it's one of either of those types at the moment. From what we've seen so far you don't accomplish pure flying with wings, you do it with clouds. Something that doesn't need to touch the ground. If Drifloon and Drifblim weren't weirdly demonic trying to pull people into the underworld, they'd be a pretty strong contender for pure flying. A flying Eevee wouldn't have ribbons, it would have clouds.

As for Eevee not being in the fairy egg group, I don't really see it as a problem. Eevee's only in one group now, so they could easily retcon it into a second, or they could change or add fairy to the egg group for Sylveon. It's rare and has never been useful before, what with Shedinji being genderless and Nidorina/Nidoqueen's change still largely unexplained, but it would definitely add another dimension to breeding Eevee.

The other option is to just leave Sylveon in only Field. I'm sure not every fairy egg group pokemon would be retconned into the type, so I don't see why the type needs to be made up exclusively of pokemon from the egg group.

Blog Entries

This hit me a few days ago: we get the Poke Dex info for Sylveon and reads out--

Sylveon: the Fairy Pokemon (Insert boring and already known elemental type here.)

I don't know about you guys, but I could completely see GF doing that to us, as it would be an epic trolling.
    Team Gaara and shivafang like this.

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Nice weather we're having SirOni's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Akira Bond View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Neptune's Disciple View Post
    i would have to disagree with a flying eeveelution needing wings.
    for one, it's a feline creature so that would look....well kinda dumb
    I would like to think that if they did make a Flying eeveelution, that they would base it off the Flying Fox, being as it would literally be a flying-type fox. They're the largest family of bats, and certainly live up to their name of looking like foxes with wings (albeit without tails).

Interesting, although all Eeveelutions seem to have different designs on the same basic animal, so I doubt they'd base a flying type Eeveelution on a different animal to the others. That is why I think it is possible to picture Sylveon as the Flying Type in my mind. I do not believe a Flying Type Eeveelution would need wings as a requirement.
    A Flying-type Eeveelution based off a flying fox would be very appropriate. While it's true that Eeveelutions are all derived from canine inspirations they still take basis from many other mammals (usually with some mythical animal thrown in) as well:
    -Vaporeon: Dolphin / Merlion
    -Jolteon: Porcupine / Raiju
    -Espeon: Cat / Nekomata
    -Umbreon: Black Cat / Moon Rabbit
    Flareon and Umbreon are really the only ones who don't stray away too much from complete canine and Leafeon is the most extreme case being based off plants as well. The canine appearance of the flying fox is just icing on the cake.
    Last edited by SirOni; 7th May 2013 at 02:24 AM.
    Caro: 0774-4484-9102

IGN: Antonio

URPG:http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f401/cerony-urpg-66373/

To me, a flying fox-inspired evolution would be the best fit for a flying-type eeveelution. As for straying away from the canine-feline base, a flying-type eeveelution could easily go down the griffin route and still keep the base intact; it would be similar to how Vaporeon sticks close to the base even though it gets a set of mane and ear fins, spines, and a dolphin tail. Or, better yet, the forelimbs could become wings and said flying eeveelution could walk on those. There common vampire bat is capable of walking and running on all four limbs.
    Last edited by Reddigans; 6th May 2013 at 07:41 PM. Reason: fixing links

What do you guys thinK?
    while a dragon eeveelution would be amazing, I do not think we will be getting one this generation.
    eeveelutions are released with one having a type advantage over the other. Well dragon doesn't seem as though it would be super effective or weak to fairy.
    steel if more plausible as fairies are weak to steel and other metals really.
    also, keep in mind the eeveelution picture that was released recently

i am sure that this has been talked about MANY times, but it is worth pointing out i feel.
    if you have noticed, any eeveelution is strong against, or weak to whatever is directly across from it.
    flareon being across from glaceon, leafeon being across from vaporeon, etc.
    well also take note that sylveon is directly across from jolteon.
    well what could this mean?
    for one, it could easily just mean it is just a coincidence, but i think it means more, as GF doesn't usually deal in coincidence.
    well sylveon could quite possibly be ground (not too convincing) or flying (if we are going purely off of existing types).
    the flying type evidence is very strong i still think.
    as for sylveon being fairy type, i think everyone is giving Hiro too much credit. For one, Hiro was not the one that leaked the entire gen V dex. Melkor actually leaked the majority of it himself. Also Melkor even said that he is not even sure if fairy is even real and says that Hiro always rushes to conclusions without any real evidence and counts on everyone giving him credit just because he played a role in leaking the gen V dex.
    Now, sure sylveon could be fairy. But if that is the case, we might already know what will happen to the type chart if we are basing out knowledge off of this picture. Electric just might strong against or (not as likely) weak to fairy type.

Blog Entries

What do you guys thinK?
    while a dragon eeveelution would be amazing, I do not think we will be getting one this generation.
    eeveelutions are released with one having a type advantage over the other. Well dragon doesn't seem as though it would be super effective or weak to fairy.
    steel if more plausible as fairies are weak to steel and other metals really.
    also, keep in mind the eeveelution picture that was released recently

i am sure that this has been talked about MANY times, but it is worth pointing out i feel.
    if you have noticed, any eeveelution is strong against, or weak to whatever is directly across from it.
    flareon being across from glaceon, leafeon being across from vaporeon, etc.
    well also take note that sylveon is directly across from jolteon.
    well what could this mean?
    for one, it could easily just mean it is just a coincidence, but i think it means more, as GF doesn't usually deal in coincidence.
    well sylveon could quite possibly be ground (not too convincing) or flying (if we are going purely off of existing types).
    the flying type evidence is very strong i still think.
    as for sylveon being fairy type, i think everyone is giving Hiro too much credit. For one, Hiro was not the one that leaked the entire gen V dex. Melkor actually leaked the majority of it himself. Also Melkor even said that he is not even sure if fairy is even real and says that Hiro always rushes to conclusions without any real evidence and counts on everyone giving him credit just because he played a role in leaking the gen V dex.
    Now, sure sylveon could be fairy. But if that is the case, we might already know what will happen to the type chart if we are basing out knowledge off of this picture. Electric just might strong against or (not as likely) weak to fairy type.
    I can agree with what your saying about Hiro and I'm definitely taking this with a grain of salt. I remember he said a while back ago that Sylveon was going to be a Pure Flying Type and now he's saying it's Fairy Type which to me seems rather inconsistent but hopefully we'll find out soon enough this month.

Blog Entries

Regarding the Eeveelution picture, note that the Eeeveelutions on the right side are stronger against their counterparts. Since Jolteon and Sylveon are on neither side, they could easily be neutral to each other. That is, assuming that the picture means anything at all.

I would like to say that a second Eeveelution this generation (If there is one and I hope there is)
    I really don't think that you should be expecting a second Eeveelution. Leafeon and Glaceon were introduced together (when Diamond and Pearl were released) and I believe that Espeon and Umbreon were treated the same way (although I can't know for sure since Gold and Silver's pre-release information is very scarce). Regardless, it just doesn't make sense to leave out out a new Eeveelution from the movie short.
    Last edited by Silktree; 7th May 2013 at 07:38 AM.

Zeb
    making a splash Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

Can someone who believes Sylveon is a Flying-type list the "evidence" for it? Because I really don't see any evidence for it myself and I'm just interested to know what's fueling a lot of people's belief that it's a Flying-type (not meaning to sound funny anything, I'm genuiniely interested because I can't see it.)
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!