SPOILERS: Gen VI Pokemon Discussion - Page 122

View Poll Results: Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

    52 36.11%
  • Quilladin

    35 24.31%
  • Fennekin

    51 35.42%
  • Braixen

    53 36.81%
  • Froakie

    46 31.94%
  • Frogadier

    59 40.97%
  • Fletchling

    29 20.14%
  • Talonflame

    45 31.25%
  • Pancham

    32 22.22%
  • Pangoro

    45 31.25%
  • Skiddo

    28 19.44%
  • Gogoat

    37 25.69%
  • Inkay

    28 19.44%
  • Malamar

    34 23.61%
  • Litleo

    28 19.44%
  • Pyroar

    56 38.89%
  • Scatterbug

    14 9.72%
  • Spewpa

    13 9.03%
  • Vivillon

    32 22.22%
  • Helioptile

    30 20.83%
  • Flabébé

    23 15.97%
  • Skrelp

    27 18.75%
  • Clauncher

    32 22.22%
  • Noivern

    51 35.42%
  • Spritzee

    30 20.83%
  • Swirlix

    18 12.50%
  • Honedge

    36 25.00%
  • Dedenne

    27 18.75%
  • Bunnelby

    18 12.50%
  • Furfrou

    27 18.75%
  • Tyrunt

    61 42.36%
  • Amaura

    48 33.33%
  • Meowstic

    53 36.81%
  • Orotto

    30 20.83%
  • Sylveon

    47 32.64%
  • Xerneas

    59 40.97%
  • Yveltal

    41 28.47%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 122 of 348 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132172222 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 5214

Thread: Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

  1. #1816
    エリカは俺のy(ry Utsune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    Celadon City
    Posts
    95
    Blog Entries
    1

    Visit Utsune's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Team Gaara View Post
    Well, remember that Dark is actually Evil in Japanese. Not quite the opposing elements we're thinking of, but I suppose it is similar.
    Yeah you're right, I do realise it's not a direct translation (although personally I feel Dark is a better word choice!) In any case, I do expect if there were anything to be Dark's opposite, Game Freak will make sure the English translation should get something along the lines of Light even when the Japanese doesn't mean it literally. Then again, I speak as if Light Type would be happening lol. Speculations speculations :)



    Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    well flying types don't have to have wings look at duduo, dodrio, gyrados, jumpluff, rayquaza, drifblim, rotom, tornadus, thundurus, and landorus
    Lol I really agree, that's why I hesitated when I typed that. However, by looking at the previous Eevees (Vaporeon with fins and Water Absorb, Flareon and its firey fur with Flash Fire, Jolteon and its spiky lightning with Volt Absorb, Leafeon with leafy ears and tail, Umbreon is jet black with red eyes, Espeon has a gem to imply supernaturalness and splitting tail for abnormality, Glaceon with (only) Snow Cloak) I feel that Eeveelutions are in a way the definition of the types they each represent, so while having wings doesn't defining a Flying Type, I really feel the Flying Eevee should have some sort of wing feature.




    Quote Originally Posted by AntimatterAsh View Post
    From what GF have posted on the Pokemon official website, it seems more likely than not. I cant see where Fairy fits in with anything though. But there again, I have never seen the point of the normal type imparticularly. Pokemon like Porygon could easily be another type. The idea that Porygon can move through cyberspace could indicate either electric, psychic or ghost. A specific type for legendary pokemon would be good. I think that the Steel, Dark, and Normal types are a bit flawed, as Steel seems quite specific. If they renamed it to Metal, it would be more fitting, as it would be able to encapsulate more types, than just steel. Dark just doesn't make sense to me, I guess it does have its space, but I don't see much use for it, Normal could usually fit into anything else. The move Explosion is a normal move, yet an explosion is usually an outburst of energy in the form of heat radiation, for example BLEVEs, Giga IMPACT would seem to be more of a fighting move. I guess it is kept at normal so that all Pokemon can learn it...I don't know. Head charge; again should be fighting. It is a fighting style move. I would feel that things like Hyperbeam and Gigaimpact if not should go in the ??? move set, as it could be said as an "unexplained power".

    That is just my opinion though.

    If you notice though, the dark types most damaging move is Foul Play with a power of only 95. Hmm.
    Definitely something that I've thought about. I don't really get the difference between Ground and Rock types either if I'd be critical. Rock is just a subset of Ground, no? (Haha) I think Normal Type is fine in a sense. You have a type that is completely unrelated to anything else (element-wise,) for example, you scratch normally, you tackle normally etc. If anything, I'd call Fighting Type a subset of Normal Type, and funny how Flying is super effective on Fighting just because the Pokemon knows how to throw a punch or two, but normal effectiveness on Normal Types.

    I'd say Types are either based on:
    1) 'elemental' affiliations and other forms of power (such as Water, Fire, Electricity, Poison, Psychic, maybe Ground/Rock;)
    2) zoological classifications (notably Bug, Flying, Dragon... I would also place Grass here because of their plant relation;) or
    3) 'application' of their 'character' (which would explain for Fighting and Dark.)

    The anomalies according to the above three points would probably be Steel and possibly Rock in a sense.

    'Fairy' could probably go into either (2) or (3) IF this really is true lol (which I think Sylveon could be just to relate this post back to topic.) 'Light' is definitely (3).

    And finally, with reason number (3), Game Freaks can create any Types they want haha, call it Space call it Astral, heck call it Smiling Type if you want! *Smiling attack is super effective on Houndoom!* lol

    Sylveon can definitely own Umbreon.



    Just some random ideas I cooked up to give Sylveon's possible new type a reasoning.
    Last edited by Utsune; 5th May 2013 at 02:53 PM.

    (Photography scraps) deviantART | YouTube (Random Music Covers)

  2. #1817
    XXXXXXXXXX Dragon Char's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Tower of Mastery
    Posts
    4,879
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Utsune View Post
    I really feel the Flying Eevee should have some sort of wing feature.
    Speak for yourself. I once proposed a flying Eevee with cloud-like fluff, but I do recognize that there are other ways to interpret it.
    Step into the Fairy circle

  3. #1818
    エリカは俺のy(ry Utsune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    Celadon City
    Posts
    95
    Blog Entries
    1

    Visit Utsune's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Samurott View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Utsune View Post
    I really feel the Flying Eevee should have some sort of wing feature.
    Speak for yourself. I once proposed a flying Eevee with cloud-like fluff, but I do recognize that there are other ways to interpret it.
    I might speak for myself, but I would prefer people open my mind up to other ideas. I think that's a great idea.
    Now that you've mentioned it, I really like Altaria's cloud thingy majig. It will definitely look good.

    Just to link it back to the topic, Sylveon's ribbons and bowties are probably subjectively not outstanding enough for a Flying Type.

    (Photography scraps) deviantART | YouTube (Random Music Covers)

  4. #1819
    Unregistered User Lufenian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    Hyrule
    Posts
    916

    Default Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Utsune View Post
    Sylveon's ribbons and bowties are probably subjectively not outstanding enough for a Flying Type.
    I think people only ever linked Sylveon to the Flying type because its bows were supposedly reminiscent of Skyla's outfit, which is a far-fetched (no puns) conclusion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayde View Post
    "OH HOT DAMN! LOOK AT THAT FUCKING BELL! IT'S SMALL AND CUTE AND HAS A FUCKING RIBBON ON IT'S FUCKING HEAD! BACK THIS PARTY VAN UP! I GOTTA CATCH THAT SHIT!!"

  5. #1820
    Registered User Kojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    298

    Default Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

    Sylveon looks far more like BW2 Iris anyway.

  6. #1821
    Nowi Wins! Team Gaara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    The Sand Village
    Posts
    2,494
    Blog Entries
    10

    Default Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

    I actually just noticed it the other day (others have probably, certainly mentioned it), but the "bows" on Sylveon could also pass for butterflies, for those who believe it is a Bug-type. I originally thought they guessed Bug for it's huge eyes, but now I could see it as a hint for Bug-type.

    Although the rest of Sylveon...doesn't really say bug to me.

  7. #1822
    エリカは俺のy(ry Utsune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    Celadon City
    Posts
    95
    Blog Entries
    1

    Visit Utsune's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Team Gaara View Post
    I actually just noticed it the other day (others have probably, certainly mentioned it), but the "bows" on Sylveon could also pass for butterflies, for those who believe it is a Bug-type. I originally thought they guessed Bug for it's huge eyes, but now I could see it as a hint for Bug-type.

    Although the rest of Sylveon...doesn't really say bug to me.
    The bug thing could be a good suggestion, although in another sense in my opinion.

    If you look at this picture:

    http://i.imgur.com/UEHEr19.jpg


    Compare the symbol on Sylveon's frame with Burgh's Insect Badge:

    http://th05.deviantart.net/fs71/150/f/2011/170/0/6/insect_badge_by_zexion21-d3jc8y0.png


    Though if I assume they introduce a new type, let's say the Fairy Type as many people are saying, then it's not far off either. Bugs have always been a 'forest' thing (a good number of kids in Japan looove bug-catching in the woods mind you lol) and especially in the Pokemon franchise. Also, Fairies are generally portrayed as forest creatures in our world. If Burgh's badge were based on an insect wing, then my following argument breaks down, but if the badge were a representation of forest creatures instead, then the Fairy Type speculation still hangs on pretty tight.

    (Photography scraps) deviantART | YouTube (Random Music Covers)

  8. #1823
    Nowi Wins! Team Gaara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    The Sand Village
    Posts
    2,494
    Blog Entries
    10

    Default Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

    @Utsune; Yes, I forgot to mention that; I also noticed the resemblance to Burgh's badge.

    Though, the thing about the Fairy-type is, nothing really says "fairy" to me other than its being pink.

    Many people argue that Sylveon can't be "insert type here" because it doesn't look like "insert type here" and all Eeveelutions resemble their types, obviously (which I could argue that not all of them do, but...not now). In this case, I don't see anything Fairy or Light, or anything that Sylveon could obviously be. It just doesn't scream, "I'M A LIGHT/FAIRY TYPE!" to me. It looks Normal at first glance, and maybe Flying if the flowing ribbons mean anything.

    What I'm basically wondering is, is there anything other than that rumor that makes people think it is a Fairy type?

    Other than a new type, I'm thinking it'll be either Normal, Flying, Dragon (it could be, though, again, not by just looking at it), or Bug.

  9. #1824
    So.....Sinister Helioptile96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Beating you with my cane.
    Posts
    114

    Default Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Utsune View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Gaara View Post
    Well, remember that Dark is actually Evil in Japanese. Not quite the opposing elements we're thinking of, but I suppose it is similar.
    Yeah you're right, I do realise it's not a direct translation (although personally I feel Dark is a better word choice!) In any case, I do expect if there were anything to be Dark's opposite, Game Freak will make sure the English translation should get something along the lines of Light even when the Japanese doesn't mean it literally. Then again, I speak as if Light Type would be happening lol. Speculations speculations :)



    Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    well flying types don't have to have wings look at duduo, dodrio, gyrados, jumpluff, rayquaza, drifblim, rotom, tornadus, thundurus, and landorus
    Lol I really agree, that's why I hesitated when I typed that. However, by looking at the previous Eevees (Vaporeon with fins and Water Absorb, Flareon and its firey fur with Flash Fire, Jolteon and its spiky lightning with Volt Absorb, Leafeon with leafy ears and tail, Umbreon is jet black with red eyes, Espeon has a gem to imply supernaturalness and splitting tail for abnormality, Glaceon with (only) Snow Cloak) I feel that Eeveelutions are in a way the definition of the types they each represent, so while having wings doesn't defining a Flying Type, I really feel the Flying Eevee should have some sort of wing feature.




    Quote Originally Posted by AntimatterAsh View Post
    From what GF have posted on the Pokemon official website, it seems more likely than not. I cant see where Fairy fits in with anything though. But there again, I have never seen the point of the normal type imparticularly. Pokemon like Porygon could easily be another type. The idea that Porygon can move through cyberspace could indicate either electric, psychic or ghost. A specific type for legendary pokemon would be good. I think that the Steel, Dark, and Normal types are a bit flawed, as Steel seems quite specific. If they renamed it to Metal, it would be more fitting, as it would be able to encapsulate more types, than just steel. Dark just doesn't make sense to me, I guess it does have its space, but I don't see much use for it, Normal could usually fit into anything else. The move Explosion is a normal move, yet an explosion is usually an outburst of energy in the form of heat radiation, for example BLEVEs, Giga IMPACT would seem to be more of a fighting move. I guess it is kept at normal so that all Pokemon can learn it...I don't know. Head charge; again should be fighting. It is a fighting style move. I would feel that things like Hyperbeam and Gigaimpact if not should go in the ??? move set, as it could be said as an "unexplained power".

    That is just my opinion though.

    If you notice though, the dark types most damaging move is Foul Play with a power of only 95. Hmm.
    Definitely something that I've thought about. I don't really get the difference between Ground and Rock types either if I'd be critical. Rock is just a subset of Ground, no? (Haha) I think Normal Type is fine in a sense. You have a type that is completely unrelated to anything else (element-wise,) for example, you scratch normally, you tackle normally etc. If anything, I'd call Fighting Type a subset of Normal Type, and funny how Flying is super effective on Fighting just because the Pokemon knows how to throw a punch or two, but normal effectiveness on Normal Types.

    I'd say Types are either based on:
    1) 'elemental' affiliations and other forms of power (such as Water, Fire, Electricity, Poison, Psychic, maybe Ground/Rock;)
    2) zoological classifications (notably Bug, Flying, Dragon... I would also place Grass here because of their plant relation;) or
    3) 'application' of their 'character' (which would explain for Fighting and Dark.)

    The anomalies according to the above three points would probably be Steel and possibly Rock in a sense.

    'Fairy' could probably go into either (2) or (3) IF this really is true lol (which I think Sylveon could be just to relate this post back to topic.) 'Light' is definitely (3).

    And finally, with reason number (3), Game Freaks can create any Types they want haha, call it Space call it Astral, heck call it Smiling Type if you want! *Smiling attack is super effective on Houndoom!* lol

    Sylveon can definitely own Umbreon.



    Just some random ideas I cooked up to give Sylveon's possible new type a reasoning.
    i would have to disagree with a flying eeveelution needing wings.
    for one, it's a feline creature so that would look....well kinda dumb

  10. #1825

    Default Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    i would have to disagree with a flying eeveelution needing wings.
    for one, it's a feline creature so that would look....well kinda dumb
    I would like to think that if they did make a Flying eeveelution, that they would base it off the Flying Fox, being as it would literally be a flying-type fox. They're the largest family of bats, and certainly live up to their name of looking like foxes with wings (albeit without tails).


  11. #1826
    Scandal in the FireNation Akira Bond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Fire Nation
    Posts
    1,303
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Neptune's Disciple View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    i would have to disagree with a flying eeveelution needing wings.
    for one, it's a feline creature so that would look....well kinda dumb
    I would like to think that if they did make a Flying eeveelution, that they would base it off the Flying Fox, being as it would literally be a flying-type fox. They're the largest family of bats, and certainly live up to their name of looking like foxes with wings (albeit without tails).

    Interesting, although all Eeveelutions seem to have different designs on the same basic animal, so I doubt they'd base a flying type Eeveelution on a different animal to the others. That is why I think it is possible to picture Sylveon as the Flying Type in my mind. I do not believe a Flying Type Eeveelution would need wings as a requirement.

  12. #1827
    Raspberry Pi user. Galactic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Location
    PokéMet Office
    Posts
    179

    Default Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

    They could create flying using the tail things around its neck, a bit like Tails from Sonic.
    Team: Castform; Klinklang; Victini; Tornadus

  13. #1828

    Default Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

    If anything the picture with all the Eeveelutions surrounded by their respective frame points to a new type. We don't have this kind of pink in our current type chart represented, the wing shape points not to Bug or Flying but to Fairy in my opinion and the whole frame looks like an egg, suggesting fertility and love, things perfectly in line with the Fairy concept. I think I am convinced now that there will indeed be a new type. Maybe it IS called Fairy in Japanese but I too think that there's a good chance they will give the type another name in other territories, like Magic or even Light.

  14. #1829
    エリカは俺のy(ry Utsune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    Celadon City
    Posts
    95
    Blog Entries
    1

    Visit Utsune's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Team Gaara View Post
    @Utsune; Yes, I forgot to mention that; I also noticed the resemblance to Burgh's badge.

    Though, the thing about the Fairy-type is, nothing really says "fairy" to me other than its being pink.

    Many people argue that Sylveon can't be "insert type here" because it doesn't look like "insert type here" and all Eeveelutions resemble their types, obviously (which I could argue that not all of them do, but...not now). In this case, I don't see anything Fairy or Light, or anything that Sylveon could obviously be. It just doesn't scream, "I'M A LIGHT/FAIRY TYPE!" to me. It looks Normal at first glance, and maybe Flying if the flowing ribbons mean anything.

    What I'm basically wondering is, is there anything other than that rumor that makes people think it is a Fairy type?

    Other than a new type, I'm thinking it'll be either Normal, Flying, Dragon (it could be, though, again, not by just looking at it), or Bug.

    Well yeah haha of course, at this point in time it's only pure speculations here. I think the people are mostly basing the new "Fairy" Type on the fact that there are a handful of Pokemon in this Egg Group. Second main reason is, with Pokemon X and Y being possibly based on a genetics theme, it won't be a surprise if they took an Egg Group and turn that into a Typing. For now, there're only rumours and speculations, but if you want to see something slightly different I could give you a biased account of statistics I cooked up randomly below.

    (Possible tl;dr ahead)

    ----------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------------

    Firstly, the Pokemon which belongs to the Fairy Egg Group only are mostly pink (of the 9, 7 are Pink and Normal Type, the other 2 are Plusle and Minun.) Some of them also have a significant portion of White.

    If you take a look at this list:

    Fairy (Egg Group) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

    The Pokemon with a Typing other than Normal have their own representative colours, so we can ignore them for the sake of this argument (eg. Pikachu is yellow and not pink because it's Electric Type.)

    Jumpluff, Mawile, Pachirisu, and Snorunt are the only exceptions here (now having a colour to represent their typing.) Statistically, the ratio compared to the ones above is therefore 4:17, a negligible minority.

    The remaining half-Fairies are Snubbull, Granbull, Skitty, Delcatty, Castform. All of which are Pink, and White in case of Castform. I'll be biased here and mention Togetic/Togekiss (Fairy/Flying Group) are also white.

    Colours-wise, there are the Pink Pokemon (according to Dex Colour, not counting baby Pokemon just yet, and I will ignore the 11 Psychic types just because Psychic can be represented by Pink.) There are 12 which aren't part of the Fairy Egg Group (7 are Normal, 5 are Water.) All 3 of the remaining baby Pokemon evolve into one of the Fairy Egg Group Pokemon. If we count them as being part of the Fairy line, that gives 15 Fairy-related Pokemon in the Pink Pokemon Group, which is the majority.

    I know this is a very very crude non-scientific argument lol, being biased with statistics, but this pretty much explains the logic behind the colour Pink (and maybe a bit of White) being related to Fairies.

    ----------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------------

    (tl;dr ends here.)

    Which finally *somehow vaguely* leads to the point that Sylveon is Pink and White. And the conclusion is?

    Quote Originally Posted by Team Gaara View Post
    Though, the thing about the Fairy-type is, nothing really says "fairy" to me other than its being pink.
    This, haha.

    And then there are the bow ties.






    Quote Originally Posted by AntimatterAsh View Post
    They could create flying using the tail things around its neck, a bit like Tails from Sonic.
    So Sylveon flies like a helicopter? :P
    (I kid I kid)

    (Photography scraps) deviantART | YouTube (Random Music Covers)

  15. #1830
    Nowi Wins! Team Gaara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    The Sand Village
    Posts
    2,494
    Blog Entries
    10

    Default Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

    I know this is a very very crude non-scientific argument lol, being biased with statistics, but this pretty much explains the logic behind the colour Pink (and maybe a bit of White) being related to Fairies.
    Well, I can see where you're going, but Eevee itself isn't in the Fairy Egg Group and neither are it's evolutions. I know there are some exceptions, but if Sylveon was a Fairy, I'd just have thought it would be in that Egg Group.

    Although, I guess that doesn't mean anything, seeing as Vaporeon isn't in any Water Egg Group. Fairy could still be plausible, though, I'd hope it was based on just a bit more than just color.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •