SPOILERS: Gen VI Pokemon Discussion - Page 121

View Poll Results: Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

52 36.11%
  • Quilladin

35 24.31%
  • Fennekin

51 35.42%
  • Braixen

53 36.81%
  • Froakie

46 31.94%
  • Frogadier

59 40.97%
  • Fletchling

29 20.14%
  • Talonflame

45 31.25%
  • Pancham

32 22.22%
  • Pangoro

45 31.25%
  • Skiddo

28 19.44%
  • Gogoat

37 25.69%
  • Inkay

28 19.44%
  • Malamar

34 23.61%
  • Litleo

28 19.44%
  • Pyroar

56 38.89%
  • Scatterbug

14 9.72%
  • Spewpa

13 9.03%
  • Vivillon

32 22.22%
  • Helioptile

30 20.83%
  • Flabébé

23 15.97%
  • Skrelp

27 18.75%
  • Clauncher

32 22.22%
  • Noivern

51 35.42%
  • Spritzee

30 20.83%
  • Swirlix

18 12.50%
  • Honedge

36 25.00%
  • Dedenne

27 18.75%
  • Bunnelby

18 12.50%
  • Furfrou

27 18.75%
  • Tyrunt

61 42.36%
  • Amaura

48 33.33%
  • Meowstic

53 36.81%
  • Orotto

30 20.83%
  • Sylveon

47 32.64%
  • Xerneas

59 40.97%
  • Yveltal

41 28.47%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 121 of 348 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171221 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 5214

Thread: Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Default Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

IF it is a new type and it would be fairy, I don't see it fitting in the type chart. Weaknesses? Super Effectiveness to what Type? Well maybe if they connect light with fairy then Light and Dark types could be how Poison and Bug types Effectiveness worked in Gen I. But really, just make it flying. :\

Steel is an obvious weakness if you're going to intuitiveness. Fairies weak to iron in a lot of stories. You could also have type relationships with Bug and Grass because Fairies often represent nature.

Quote Originally Posted by cityvillain View Post
    Sylveon could be the ??? type for all we know.
    i doubt they will bring that back, and why would they make an eeveelution ??? type?

From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cityvillain View Post
    Sylveon could be the ??? type for all we know.
    i doubt they will bring that back, and why would they make an eeveelution ??? type?
    I doubt it'll be brought back as well, but hey, what other pokémon would be best for having no type than one whose gimmick is changing into specialized typings?
    I mean, they had this idea to some degree even given they considered at some point giving Arceus such, too.

It would also be the ultimate Game Freak Troll, given they literally marked its type as "???".

[/overexposition]

Blog Entries

Visit Utsune's Youtube Channel

For a long time, I thought it would be a Flying Type, mainly due to its design, but I just couldn't get pass the fact that it got no wings. Sure, they might never add wings to a flying Eevee, but when I try to think outside the box instead of sticking to the Flying Type presumption, I got a lot further with the guess.

My best guess is a new type, most likely Fairy as many are saying too. Nomenclature-wise, Ninfia (ニンフィア) or Sylveon both are names based off Fairy creatures.

By design, the ribbons are most notably a reference to Fairy stuff. The colour Pink is reminiscing of old Fairy Egg Group Pokemon.

Finally, I think it's time they introduce a new type. I've always wanted to see a Light representation since they introduced Dark Type 14 years ago. I mean, com'on, if they could think of Dark, they must have thought about Light. The day we see a new Pokemon Type(s) is definitely now.

But then, the diagram circle of Eeveelutions is giving me a slight doubt, I mean, if they are going row by row in order of National Dex Number, Glaceon and Leafeon are in the wrong place for some reason. Can't dispel the "opposing type" idea just yet.

(I'm talking about this picture here: http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/xy/pokemon02/images/img_pokemon_02.png)

Then again, who says Fairy Types can't be weak to Electricity? ;)

(Photography scraps) deviantART | YouTube (Random Music Covers)

According to IGN, Sylveon will be a Fairy Type. Chansey will also be changed to a fairy type. How true this is I don't know, but it seems possible.
    Team: Castform; Klinklang; Victini; Tornadus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Utsune View Post
    (I'm talking about this picture here: http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/xy/pokemon02/images/img_pokemon_02.png)

Well, looking at that picture alone, a new type is almost certain.

All colors match their respective types and since we don't have pink ... it's gotta be something new.

Scandal in the FireNation Akira Bond's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AntimatterAsh View Post
    According to IGN, Sylveon will be a Fairy Type. Chansey will also be changed to a fairy type. How true this is I don't know, but it seems possible.
    I doubt any of that is true for the moment. It is too early to tell of a possible new type, and nothing has been announced or even leaked as of yet. Unless IGN has spies infiltrating GameFreak, I wouldn't raise my hopes up on those speculations. I do hope we'll find out soon, we've waited long enough.

Blog Entries

Finally, I think it's time they introduce a new type. I've always wanted to see a Light representation since they introduced Dark Type 14 years ago. I mean, com'on, if they could think of Dark, they must have thought about Light. The day we see a new Pokemon Type(s) is definitely now.
    Well, remember that Dark is actually Evil in Japanese. Not quite the opposing elements we're thinking of, but I suppose it is similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Akira Bond View Post
    I doubt any of that is true for the moment. It is too early to tell of a possible new type, and nothing has been announced or even leaked as of yet. Unless IGN has spies infiltrating GameFreak, I wouldn't raise my hopes up on those speculations. I do hope we'll find out soon, we've waited long enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsutarja View Post

All colors match their respective types and since we don't have pink ... it's gotta be something new.
    From what GF have posted on the Pokemon official website, it seems more likely than not. I cant see where Fairy fits in with anything though. But there again, I have never seen the point of the normal type imparticularly. Pokemon like Porygon could easily be another type. The idea that Porygon can move through cyberspace could indicate either electric, psychic or ghost. A specific type for legendary pokemon would be good. I think that the Steel, Dark, and Normal types are a bit flawed, as Steel seems quite specific. If they renamed it to Metal, it would be more fitting, as it would be able to encapsulate more types, than just steel. Dark just doesn't make sense to me, I guess it does have its space, but I don't see much use for it, Normal could usually fit into anything else. The move Explosion is a normal move, yet an explosion is usually an outburst of energy in the form of heat radiation, for example BLEVEs, Giga IMPACT would seem to be more of a fighting move. I guess it is kept at normal so that all Pokemon can learn it...I don't know. Head charge; again should be fighting. It is a fighting style move. I would feel that things like Hyperbeam and Gigaimpact if not should go in the ??? move set, as it could be said as an "unexplained power".

That is just my opinion though.

If you notice though, the dark types most damaging move is Foul Play with a power of only 95. Hmm.

Scandal in the FireNation Akira Bond's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Akira Bond View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsutarja View Post

From what GF have posted on the Pokemon official website, it seems more likely than not. I cant see where Fairy fits in with anything though. But there again, I have never seen the point of the normal type imparticularly. Pokemon like Porygon could easily be another type. The idea that Porygon can move through cyberspace could indicate either electric, psychic or ghost. A specific type for legendary pokemon would be good. I think that the Steel, Dark, and Normal types are a bit flawed, as Steel seems quite specific. If they renamed it to Metal, it would be more fitting, as it would be able to encapsulate more types, than just steel. Dark just doesn't make sense to me, I guess it does have its space, but I don't see much use for it, Normal could usually fit into anything else. The move Explosion is a normal move, yet an explosion is usually an outburst of energy in the form of heat radiation, for example BLEVEs, Giga IMPACT would seem to be more of a fighting move. I guess it is kept at normal so that all Pokemon can learn it...I don't know. Head charge; again should be fighting. It is a fighting style move. I would feel that things like Hyperbeam and Gigaimpact if not should go in the ??? move set, as it could be said as an "unexplained power".

That is just my opinion though.

If you notice though, the dark types most damaging move is Foul Play with a power of only 95. Hmm.
    I enjoy the types we have now, and I do think that the Dark type should have more powerful moves.

I am hoping we will not be receiving any new types, although I believe from all the speculated types we've seen here, fairy may be one of the most likely. I can't imagine there ever being a Space/Astral Pokemon type. My hopes lie with no new types introduced. I hope we will discover what gen VI will bring us soon.

Space. Now that would be good. A fundemental pokemon that controls particles, etc. A bit like Dialga/Palkia. A move set of something like Particle Accelerate (Increases Speed); Particle Annihilate (Deals 100 damage, or 150 if followed by Accelerate); Boson (Increases weight of target, and deals 30 damage for 3 turns); Quark (alters the type of the pokemon - from the theory UUD - Proton, and DDU - Neutron, and the Up, Down, Top, Bottom, Strange and Charm quarks).

They could do quite a lot with that.

Blog Entries

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f693/new-type-alterations-type-chart-146643/

Keep new type discussions to its own thread please. Unless you're discussing Sylveon's type, but you don't seem to be at this point.

Follow Rainbow On Twitter Add Rainbow on Facebook Add Rainbow on Google+ Add Rainbow on MySpace
    Add Rainbow on Linkedin Follow Rainbow on Tumblr Follow Rainbow on Flickr Visit Rainbow's Youtube Channel

I don't think a flying Eevee evolution would have wings because Eevee is a mammal that's more canine/feline. Sure it's Pokemon, anything can happen, but literally every flying type pokemon is either a bird, bat or dragon (the Kami trio and Hoppip line being the few that aren't).

Also, the picture that lists its type in a pink box could hint at a new type, but the exact same picture on the US site just uses plain black. The JP site just likes to focus on it's main colors, since its info box is something like pink and blue.

And as for IGN...they have a very bad habit of posting info from unofficial sources, usually rumors that are floating around.

For a long time, I thought it would be a Flying Type, mainly due to its design, but I just couldn't get pass the fact that it got no wings. Sure, they might never add wings to a flying Eevee, but when I try to think outside the box instead of sticking to the Flying Type presumption, I got a lot further with the guess.

My best guess is a new type, most likely Fairy as many are saying too. Nomenclature-wise, Ninfia (ニンフィア) or Sylveon both are names based off Fairy creatures.

By design, the ribbons are most notably a reference to Fairy stuff. The colour Pink is reminiscing of old Fairy Egg Group Pokemon.

But then, the diagram circle of Eeveelutions is giving me a slight doubt, I mean, if they are going row by row in order of National Dex Number, Glaceon and Leafeon are in the wrong place for some reason. Can't dispel the "opposing type" idea just yet.

well flying types don't have to have wings look at duduo, dodrio, gyrados, jumpluff, rayquaza, drifblim, rotom, tornadus, thundurus, and landorus