SPOILERS: Gen VI Pokemon Discussion - Page 12

View Poll Results: Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

52 36.11%
  • Quilladin

35 24.31%
  • Fennekin

51 35.42%
  • Braixen

53 36.81%
  • Froakie

46 31.94%
  • Frogadier

59 40.97%
  • Fletchling

29 20.14%
  • Talonflame

45 31.25%
  • Pancham

32 22.22%
  • Pangoro

45 31.25%
  • Skiddo

28 19.44%
  • Gogoat

37 25.69%
  • Inkay

28 19.44%
  • Malamar

34 23.61%
  • Litleo

28 19.44%
  • Pyroar

56 38.89%
  • Scatterbug

14 9.72%
  • Spewpa

13 9.03%
  • Vivillon

32 22.22%
  • Helioptile

30 20.83%
  • Flabébé

23 15.97%
  • Skrelp

27 18.75%
  • Clauncher

32 22.22%
  • Noivern

51 35.42%
  • Spritzee

30 20.83%
  • Swirlix

18 12.50%
  • Honedge

36 25.00%
  • Dedenne

27 18.75%
  • Bunnelby

18 12.50%
  • Furfrou

27 18.75%
  • Tyrunt

61 42.36%
  • Amaura

48 33.33%
  • Meowstic

53 36.81%
  • Orotto

30 20.83%
  • Sylveon

47 32.64%
  • Xerneas

59 40.97%
  • Yveltal

41 28.47%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 12 of 348 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Default Re: New Pokemon Discussion and Speculation

I'm also hoping for a couple new Eevees....Steel-type would be awesome, and maybe Dragon.

I'm curious if any one will get new evos...I'd like to see a Sawk/Throh pre-evolution. Might not be popular, but Skarmory and Aerodactyl would make good evos. (I'd love to see a Quetzalcoatlus-style Aerodactyl evo). In general, I hope they have some original stuff...I know some are going to complain about the frog and fox starters.

New type combos would be cool too.
    Platinum FC: 4342 0595 5538
    Heartgold FC:5286 8973 0818
    Black FC: 0132 9951 7664
    White 2 FC: 2495 2229 6740

Default That pokemon we ever wanted...

So...

What will be Pokemon #666? A weak critter? A boring bird? A lame bug? Or something more sinister? What do you think?
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

The Goddess Alights Enzap's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Enzap on Tumblr

Default Re: Gen VI Pokemon Speculation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by throwerofstones View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Enzap View Post
    I'm really hoping for a salamander/newt Pokemon. We haven't had a real one yet. I don't count Charmander since it was a legendary fire salamander, not a real salamander.
    Why doesn't the Wooper line count?
    You're right, I forgot about them. But I still would like another salamander.

Default Re: That pokemon we ever wanted...

I think it'll be a bug pokemon, but maybe with a ghost or dark secondary typing. That would be cool.

I doubt it'll be anything special.

Probably nothing important, just another pokémon...

Blog Entries

considering 650-658 are starters, eight Pokémon after that would still be in the cheap early-game section.

Blog Entries

Follow GatoRage on Tumblr

I'm pretty happy with the starters and the two mascots. I initially thought Chespin was the early rodent Pokemon when I first saw the pictures but they're all cool though x)

The names are fine, though I'm still getting used to "Froakie".

The first thing I thought of when I saw the X legendary was the deer god from Princess Mononoke and it looks pretty nice. The Y bird looks very cool from above but not really from below. Can't wait to see the starter evolutions and more new Pokémon.

Blog Entries

inb4 fennekin turns into some sort of fire-type purugly

I'm looking forward to evolutions of Pokémon from past generations -- I know it's freaky to think about, since Gen V is still so fresh in the fandom, but I have a feeling they're still going to introduce evolutions for some Pokémon that may have missed out on a stronger form (or perhaps a prevolution) from Gen V. I can see them making a Purrloin or Patrat prevo, as unfortunate as that sounds.

Blog Entries
    Follow VeggiePopper On Twitter

Default Re: Gen VI Pokemon Speculation Thread

I'm all in for a Fire/Psychic starter, Chespin to be (or evolve into) a Grass/Steel would also be fine, and about Froakie, well, Water/Fighting is good and that would be an interesting starter cycle, but personally, it looks to me like it is/will be Water/Ice, due to its light blue hue with white markings, a coloration pretty common in Ice and Water/Ice types; plus, we already have a frog-related Water/Fighting Pokémon in Poliwrath, so who knows.

Anyways, I'm tired of the "odd numbered Gens mirror Gen I, even numbered Gens mirror Gen II" pattern. Since Gen V broke so many patterns (from little detailes to the 'Version' logo to not having a third version, and of course, not featuring any old Pokémon), I hope this pattern is broken too and Gen VI feels all new (like Gens I, III and V), which, fortunately, seems to be the case, with the new region apparently not having anything to do with Unova.

Somebody else said that probably they will overhaul the Pokémon's data structure again, which would prevent from transfering from previous generations. I'm at odds with this. On one side, that would be a welcome, since I'm tired of transfering and transfering over (seriosuly, even my Black cart 2 has some Pokémon transfered from Ruby, Emerald and LG savefiles from ages ago), plus it would allow for new ways of calculating stats, or even introducing new characteristics (remember how we all went crazy 10 years ago with the introduction of abilities?), how about a fifth move, anyone? But on the other side, my Black 2 roster is so new that I would like to transfer some of my Pokémon (I don't want to 'lose' my Adamant 31-Attack IV Haxxorus, to boot) to kick ass in Gen VI.

Which brings me to the point: will we finally get new types, dual type moves or three typed Pokémon? I guess (and hope), not. I'd welcome new types, but the other ones, no, please no. It's perfect as it is now.

Oh, and I'm happy that the Pokéworld is not stuck to one country anymore (I, and I think plenty of people here, thought that Gen VI would feature a USA-based region and follow the trend set by the first 4 generations). Too bad I live in a third world country and so thet probably won't ever do a game based in my homeland, but still, France is nice and awesome. Will we see Fantina again?

Oh yes and character customization, please. The trailer featured only one male and one female trailer, but it could have been just to keep coherency, so hope is still not lost. The current models are fine (yay for a non-stripperific outfitted female!! That's a first one in the series, and I'm digging her hat), but they could look better, specially the boy, who looks too much similar to the Gen V male protagonists. Come on, Game Freak, I'm 26 and don't want to to play as a boy for once, I know you can do it.

I think that all I have to speculate with the little we have now, I hope this weekend's Smash shows more, although most probably they'll just play the tariler we already saw.

... Makes me wonder, now that we have English names from the very beginning, will people still call them by their Japanese names and bitch about the English ones? Oh and yes, I'm happy that there's not going to be RSE remakes for Gen V (a prediction I, and many, were right).

Pt: 5285 3562 3697- Veggie
    SS: 5156 5108 0540- Dany
    B1: 0175 8413 2944- Popper
    B2: 1163 7552 4502- Jonatan
    3DS: 1418-6718-4136

A man who looks Forward! Dylan_Cypher's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dylan_Cypher On Twitter Add Dylan_Cypher on Facebook Add Dylan_Cypher on Google+
    Visit Dylan_Cypher's Youtube Channel

Did a little looking into the legendaries pictured and is it just me or is anyone else thinking Nidhogg and Eikthyrni of Norse Mythology? I mean Gigantic Black Dragon Bird thing and the Bright Beautiful Rainbowy Stag thing. Then take into consideration that one sits at the top of the world tree eathing the branches while the other sits at the bottom eating the roots. This is my speculation.

EDIT: I've been informed by those with more knowledge than me that the Y legendary can't be Nidhogg because Nidhogg is wingless. Though they do bring up a Corpse-eating Eagle as a possibility. I still think the X legendary is based somewhat on Eikthyrni so to me this makes sense.
    Last edited by Dylan_Cypher; 8th January 2013 at 02:47 PM.

Blog Entries
    Follow Green Zubat On Twitter Add Green Zubat on Facebook
    Follow Green Zubat on Tumblr Visit Green Zubat's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    inb4 fennekin turns into some sort of fire-type purugly

I'm looking forward to evolutions of Pokémon from past generations -- I know it's freaky to think about, since Gen V is still so fresh in the fandom, but I have a feeling they're still going to introduce evolutions for some Pokémon that may have missed out on a stronger form (or perhaps a prevolution) from Gen V. I can see them making a Purrloin or Patrat prevo, as unfortunate as that sounds.
    I really, really hope they finally introduce Smeargle and Farfetch'd evos, or at least give more unfortunate mons like them better moves this gen.

Oh, and I hope they introduce third-stage Pokémon, too.

Credit to Missingno. Master for creating this lovely team snap for my sig :)

I saw those Fakemon on Tumblr a few days ago:

I really like them, hopefully GF will make some pokemon based on playing cards.

First Impressions:

>Chespin

Fell in love almost as soon as I saw it, of course I aboslutely love Oshawott and might be influenced by that! Still I am interested to see what it turns into since it seems to be some sort of chipmunk/bunny/hedgehog thing.
    As far as types go I am thinking Gass/Fighting, Grass/Steel or Grass/Ground.

>Fennekin
    Oh boy, I really disliked it at soon as I saw it. Design-wise it doesn't look like there was much tweaking and it looks too.... like a normal fox. That and Fire x Fox has already been done. I dunno I just felt they could've done more then sticking flames in its ears design-wise, Imean Squirtle looks like a turtle but at the same time you can tell it's been stylized? Or even Blitzle/Zebstrika, its a Zebra thing but it has still been twisted into the Pokemon style.
    Okay, ending rant! I think this could either become a Fire/Ground (Because Fennec Foxes live in deserts and all) or Fire/Physic.

>Froakie
    I find this one.... absolutely adorable~ It's name and looks are pretty derpy and I can see it being an interesting Pokemon overall. (I've been somewhat waiting for a water Frog starter too)
    For types, I am thinking Water/Flying for that thing on it's back looks rather cloud-y and I could see it growing into wings of some sort. Another interesting thing is that perhaps the Pokemon version of raining frogs come of this? I can see people freaking out when a Froakie falls out of the nest xD
    Otherwise Water/Ice seems like the next likliest option as I could see them forming clouds on their back and having something to do with the weather.

And finally the legendaries, I .... kind of dislike them both. They just don't seem to 'mesh' like other major legendaries seem to do (outside of being all dark). The deer I like but hey I just like deers. I could see them being Water/Dark and Fire/Flying Dark. Another interesting thing is if they are going with DNA the deer looks like it has the Atoms/Bars/Etc. in its antlers and the Bird thing's claws made out of Helixes/The curved parts?

Apologies for the long post, I'm getting way too excited xD;

Blog Entries

Goat Pokémon. 10 bucks says that there's gonna be at least one in these games.

And since there's an X and Y Pokémon, another 10 bucks on a Z Pokémon. Maybe a quadruped with a long neck and nose? Hey, maybe @Joshawott; will finally get his giraffe Pokémon!

The Fire starter I'm gonna say either evolves into a part Psychic type, or stays a pure Fire type.

The Water one, either Ice or maybe Fighting.

The Grass starter might be pure Grass or part Dark, but I'm thinking he will be part Ground type. His feet remind me of a Drilbur's claws.

Hopefully, there will be a new Eeveelution or two (maybe more) since there's been so many hints to them.

I'm sure I'll think of some other ideas later on.