SPOILERS: Gen VI Pokemon Discussion - Page 119

View Poll Results: Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

52 36.11%
  • Quilladin

35 24.31%
  • Fennekin

51 35.42%
  • Braixen

53 36.81%
  • Froakie

46 31.94%
  • Frogadier

59 40.97%
  • Fletchling

29 20.14%
  • Talonflame

45 31.25%
  • Pancham

32 22.22%
  • Pangoro

45 31.25%
  • Skiddo

28 19.44%
  • Gogoat

37 25.69%
  • Inkay

28 19.44%
  • Malamar

34 23.61%
  • Litleo

28 19.44%
  • Pyroar

56 38.89%
  • Scatterbug

14 9.72%
  • Spewpa

13 9.03%
  • Vivillon

32 22.22%
  • Helioptile

30 20.83%
  • Flabébé

23 15.97%
  • Skrelp

27 18.75%
  • Clauncher

32 22.22%
  • Noivern

51 35.42%
  • Spritzee

30 20.83%
  • Swirlix

18 12.50%
  • Honedge

36 25.00%
  • Dedenne

27 18.75%
  • Bunnelby

18 12.50%
  • Furfrou

27 18.75%
  • Tyrunt

61 42.36%
  • Amaura

48 33.33%
  • Meowstic

53 36.81%
  • Orotto

30 20.83%
  • Sylveon

47 32.64%
  • Xerneas

59 40.97%
  • Yveltal

41 28.47%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 119 of 348 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169219 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 5214

Thread: Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Blog Entries

Default Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

I've been considering things, and I think someone has already suggested such a thing, but in the vein of Sylveon being thought to having a connection to the bond mechanic, I also got the idea that Xerneas and Yveltal are also connected to it, being that they represent two possible ends of it. I got the idea that Sylveon is a sort of purified, optimized pokemon. This also involved considering DNA and that somehow the bond mechanic makes IVs and EVs moot and that with effort, any pokemon can be made to reach the perfection of it's attributes. Sylveon is the result of doing this to Eevee. Yes, I don't like the competitive circuit, but I want to say right now, I did not do this to cheese them off. I was seeking a way to relate DNA to the supposed bond mechanic, although we don't know exactly what that is yet. It made sense to me, although what would the point of even having IVs and EVs be then? Either they would have to rewrite the entire system, or this is a mechanic to supplement them. Pokemon would still occur in the wild as having different stat values even for similar leveled pokes, but it's up to you to train them to have otherwise. It would still make them unique. EVs would be harder to justify unless they make it more transparent that certain pokes raise certain stats. I consider the way you train to be part of how one "bonds" with their pokemon, so what aspect you train could still be considered to be part of one's bond with their pokemon.

Anyway, Xerneas represents the above result, to reach the peak of your ability through this bond process. What is Yveltal, then? The corruption. Something got out of whack or it's a Frustration-esque sort of thing. To separate it from the happiness mechanic, though, I'm going to say it's more an imbalanced distribution of stats. Order and Chaos. If this is true, then there's another side to the bond mechanic and another form Eevee can take from it. (What it would be, I didn't consider, though. Poison maybe?) Now that I look at this, I see that it's kind of one-sided. The pure side would be more favorable than just concentrating on one or few things. (although that has it's virtues too) It's also possible the bond mechanic can INHIBIT abilities. If you neglect something, it starts to lose it's ability in that stat. I don't know if Yveltal seems like the kind that sacrificed some abilities to gain power in others, though. It definitely doesn't seem like something that would inhibit all abilities. This is just a theory, though. I don't know if it is true. I also failed to consider a middle of the road scenario, if there is one. If I added the above together, I would end up with making pokes have equal value in all stats. A combination of enhancement and inhibition.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Edge View Post
    Sylveon is a supporting role, you can see it from the trailer.
    Basically Helping Hand in Pokemon form? Isn't that what Virgil's Eevee does? Maybe that wasn't coincidental....
    Interesting thought. His Eevee is also the only female of the team, and (not that I'm sure it's true) some people have speculated at Sylveon being a female-only eeveelution (with a possible male counterpart). Quite likely I'm reading too far into this, but it sure is fun to speculate and look for odd coincidences.

Go home Kalos rivers, you're drunk.
    My URPG Stats

I highly doubt that this eeveelution will be gender exclusive, as with eeveelutions in the past, they were used to introduce new evolution mechanics, and well they could have done gender based evolution quite a while ago

Scandal in the FireNation Akira Bond's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    I highly doubt that this eeveelution will be gender exclusive, as with eeveelutions in the past, they were used to introduce new evolution mechanics, and well they could have done gender based evolution quite a while ago
    They would still be able to have gender exclusive Eeveelutions that evolve with a new mechanic. Although I am doubting we'll receive any kind of second Eeveelution this generation, and I do not believe Sylveon will be female only.

Quote Originally Posted by Akira Bond View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    They would still be able to have gender exclusive Eeveelutions that evolve with a new mechanic. Although I am doubting we'll receive any kind of second Eeveelution this generation, and I do not believe Sylveon will be female only.
    Yeah, I was just pointing out another potential connection, not saying I think it is going to be gender-based (though I won't rule out anything).

Go home Kalos rivers, you're drunk.
    My URPG Stats

◓Gypsy Vanner Horse Kyuuketsuki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sylveon being a female only Eeveelution because it looks "feminine"? Glaceon looks much more feminine than Sylveon...

Blog Entries

(First Post)
    As someone has probably said before (since these discussions tend to go around in circles,) another reason it might not be female only is that female eevees are pretty rare, while eevee itself usually tend to be rare (I think).

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuuketsuki View Post
    Sylveon being a female only Eeveelution because it looks "feminine"? Glaceon looks much more feminine than Sylveon...
    I agree... the more I look at Sylveon the less it looks feminine. Biologically speaking, thinks look feminine when they have small noses, small feet, small ears big eyes and curved waist. Just look at lopunny (her ears are visually hair though). Saying this sylveon's paws aren't any smaller than the others, and it has massive ears. Plus its general body design it squarish like umbreon and leafeon.. not rounder like glaceon or vaporeon.

It's definetly cute but feminine is a bit of a stretch, i can see a sylveon also being male.
    VINCIT QUI SE VINCIT

There's just one problem, though. A lot of people aren't basing their speculation about Sylveon being female-only on appearance alone, but rather on naming. As we know, it's Japanese name derives from "nymph." It wouldn't make sense for it not to be female-only at that point. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there's a Pokemon that was named after something exclusively female, yet can be both genders. If so, then fine.
    I wrap my long, white tail around my neck to show off. I also repel dust and static electricity.

Scandal in the FireNation Akira Bond's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scarftail View Post
    There's just one problem, though. A lot of people aren't basing their speculation about Sylveon being female-only on appearance alone, but rather on naming. As we know, it's Japanese name derives from "nymph." It wouldn't make sense for it not to be female-only at that point. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there's a Pokemon that was named after something exclusively female, yet can be both genders. If so, then fine.
    Mr. Mime is able to be both male and female, and yet has a male exclusive name.

Mr. Mime's Japanese name is the gender-neutral "Barrierd", so that isn't an example. That being said, I don't see any reason why you couldn't have a male Pokemon whose species name has "nymph" in it, especially given that most players won't even know that a "nymph" is a female thing.

Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    Mr. Mime's Japanese name is the gender-neutral "Barrierd", so that isn't an example. That being said, I don't see any reason why you couldn't have a male Pokemon whose species name has "nymph" in it, especially given that most players won't even know that a "nymph" is a female thing.
    Mr. Mime is a funny scenario. Did TPCi really think Game Freak wasn't going to implement genders in a future generation? Also, Game Freak shouldn't allow themselves to be inaccurate just because people might not pick up on the error. The definition of "nymph" is a female nature deity, so the name "Ninfia" contradicts itself if it can be male. I guess they could be just trying to use a synonym for "fairy."
    I wrap my long, white tail around my neck to show off. I also repel dust and static electricity.

Blog Entries

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there's a Pokemon that was named after something exclusively female, yet can be both genders. If so, then fine.
    Well, I don't know about female names, but Slowking has "king" in both its English and Japanese name (Yadoking), yet can be female.

Registered User BigBadButterfree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Team Gaara View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there's a Pokemon that was named after something exclusively female, yet can be both genders. If so, then fine.
    Well, I don't know about female names, but Slowking has "king" in both its English and Japanese name (Yadoking), yet can be female.
    In fact, that brings to mind a good number of gender-based pokemon names that can be either gender. Slowking, Seaking, Slaking, Kingdra, (lots of kings...) ... Slowbro, Mr. Mime, Mime Jr. ... The whole Gothita line has names ending in typical feminine suffixes, as well as some like Chikorita. Not to mention Kangaskhan, an exclusively female pokemon, is specifically named after a man.

So, while it COULD in theory tell us that Sylveon is female-only, like FrosLASS, I don't think the name is really enough to go by.

Blog Entries
    Follow Green Zubat On Twitter Add Green Zubat on Facebook
    Follow Green Zubat on Tumblr Visit Green Zubat's Youtube Channel

Regarding the potential for gender-based eeveelutions, I don't think that's going to happen, at least not this generation. If they had a female-only variation I don't see why they wouldn't introduce it alongside a male-only variation. So, unless GF are being very sneaky, I don't think they'd keep a second eeveelution up their sleeve (though I'd love it if they did).

Quote Originally Posted by Wis View Post
    I think Sylveon should be an offensive beast that is not so frail!
    hp - 110
    atk - 130
    def - 60
    spatk - 65
    spdef - 65
    spd - 95
    I like this idea but would prefer it to be spread like this:

HP - 130
    ATK - 95
    DEF - 65
    SP. ATK - 65
    SP. DEF - 65
    SPD - 110

I like this idea because it provides enough bulk to take a fair few hits, specially and physically, but also allows Sylveon to hit hard & fast, though only physically. But that's good anyway because, as pointed out previously, we already have enough specially based eeveelutions. Also, Flying is known for being physically inclined & speedy, so this would work well with Sylveon's probable type.

EDIT: Just thought of this:

Mismagius.
    Last edited by Green Zubat; 2nd May 2013 at 12:40 AM.

Credit to Missingno. Master for creating this lovely team snap for my sig :)