SPOILERS: Gen VI Pokemon Discussion - Page 101

View Poll Results: Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

52 36.11%
  • Quilladin

35 24.31%
  • Fennekin

51 35.42%
  • Braixen

53 36.81%
  • Froakie

46 31.94%
  • Frogadier

59 40.97%
  • Fletchling

29 20.14%
  • Talonflame

45 31.25%
  • Pancham

32 22.22%
  • Pangoro

45 31.25%
  • Skiddo

28 19.44%
  • Gogoat

37 25.69%
  • Inkay

28 19.44%
  • Malamar

34 23.61%
  • Litleo

28 19.44%
  • Pyroar

56 38.89%
  • Scatterbug

14 9.72%
  • Spewpa

13 9.03%
  • Vivillon

32 22.22%
  • Helioptile

30 20.83%
  • Flabébé

23 15.97%
  • Skrelp

27 18.75%
  • Clauncher

32 22.22%
  • Noivern

51 35.42%
  • Spritzee

30 20.83%
  • Swirlix

18 12.50%
  • Honedge

36 25.00%
  • Dedenne

27 18.75%
  • Bunnelby

18 12.50%
  • Furfrou

27 18.75%
  • Tyrunt

61 42.36%
  • Amaura

48 33.33%
  • Meowstic

53 36.81%
  • Orotto

30 20.83%
  • Sylveon

47 32.64%
  • Xerneas

59 40.97%
  • Yveltal

41 28.47%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 101 of 348 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 5214
Like Tree2711Likes

Thread: Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Blog Entries

Default Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tendou Soujirou View Post
    Yeah, but I thought the Team Rocket Angle in the show and manga made the plot a bit cooler, and them cooler likewise. They could keep everything else the same, but just add that as the reason behind the experiment originally.
    I think that the new villains will be related to Dr. Fuji. Game Freak had ample opportunities to bring Team Rocket into this, and they didn't.

But anyways, so, the question remains...who impregnated Mew? Maybe THIS Pokemon is actually Mewtwo's father. :0
    That would be the only explanation for Mewthree that I'd accept. But I think that Mew can give life all by itself, or there is more than one Mew.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What if the villains end up being a fringe group trying to carry on Dr. Fuji's legacy, and correct his mistake, but in a completely violent and misguided way?

Like, the XY Region has all these new genetic research labs that are actually helping society and such, but the villains simply see it as "playing God" and seek to destroy it? You know, a way to highlight how views (mostly) have changed when it comes to genetic research and we're more accepting towards it. I guess another "extreme activist" group.

Blog Entries

What if the villains end up being a fringe group trying to carry on Dr. Fuji's legacy, and correct his mistake, but in a completely violent and misguided way?

Like, the XY Region has all these new genetic research labs that are actually helping society and such, but the villains simply see it as "playing God" and seek to destroy it? You know, a way to highlight how views (mostly) have changed when it comes to genetic research and we're more accepting towards it. I guess another "extreme activist" group.
    I'm confused. Why would the fringe group continue Dr. Fuji's legacy and yet seek to destroy research labs at the same time?

Also, I've just noticed TPCi's press release:

It’s been more than a month since the reveal of Sylveon—the newest evolution of Eevee. Fans have debated which type this new Pokémon will be when it debuts in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, launching worldwide in October.
    They're clearly enjoying this.
    Velvet and The_Doctor like this.

Blog Entries

Well, I meant his legacy later in life where he sought to atone for his sins and presumably felt regret over tampering with nature. You know, his Lavender Town days. And then, after he passes, there's a misguided soul, the Villain Boss, who took that regret to downright hatred of genetic research.

Blog Entries

Well, I meant his legacy later in life where he sought to atone for his sins and presumably felt regret over tampering with nature. You know, his Lavender Town days. And then, after he passes, there's a misguided soul, the Villain Boss, who took that regret to downright hatred of genetic research.
    I see. You should have called him Mr. Fuji, then.

It's an interesting angle, but I'd prefer to see the villains be in favor of ruthless genetic research, so if anything they would begrudge Mr. Fuji for not continuing his work. I think Mr. Fuji, who could very well be alive, should be one of the people who will oppose them.

Blog Entries

Yeah, but I'm thinking it'd be interesting to showcase the cultural shift when it comes to genetic research, as back in the 90s it was new and this scary, unexplored element which has become more and more mainstream, with only religious extremists really having any problems with it.

I'd like to see that in the games too. In Gen 1, the idea of genetic alteration and such was this underground element of the Pokemon World characterized by the burned down Cinnabar Mansion and this murder machine living in a cave. I think it'd be nice to see it become an accepted element of the Pokemon World striving to help society and such, with the villains being the ones to oppose it now.

Of course, I wouldn't mind them exploring a more balanced view with another two-team set-up, with one team being against genetics to the extreme, with the other focusing on using genetics for straight-up power and villainous methods.

Check out pokemon.com, a new pokemon has been revealed! It reminds me of mewtwo in a way.

Blog Entries

Of course, I wouldn't mind them exploring a more balanced view with another two-team set-up, with one team being against genetics to the extreme, with the other focusing on using genetics for straight-up power and villainous methods.
    A balanced view would work nicely. I just think that it would be wrong to present genetic research as being unquestionably ethical, which is what Black and White ended up doing with Pokémon ownership. Mewtwo is a living proof that gene splicing can go wrong.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Also, I've just noticed TPCi's press release:

It’s been more than a month since the reveal of Sylveon—the newest evolution of Eevee. Fans have debated which type this new Pokémon will be when it debuts in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, launching worldwide in October.
    They're clearly enjoying this.
    I would be surprised if they wouldn't, and I'm gonna go out on a limb that thy know we caught on to what might just be Sylveon's secret. Anyway....

I love the design, it does need some time to grow on you but it works, and its a great contrast between the designs of gen 1 and gen 6. I would like to assume CoroCoro is gonna give us more on it, and perhaps why this sudden forme change for Mewtwo. It looks younger though, so perhaps its a sort of proto-Mewtwo, or perhaps just the new power boost would allow it to have a younger sleeker look. Who knows, but as I said, the design is pretty good. I honestly want to see how they can play this out in the new region, or if some kind of Gen 6 Kanto Renaissance is upon us...
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

is back for 2014 S.S. Shadow Minun's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow S.S. Shadow Minun On Twitter Add S.S. Shadow Minun on Facebook
    Visit S.S. Shadow Minun's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Jason202 View Post
    Check out pokemon.com, a new pokemon has been revealed! It reminds me of mewtwo in a way.
    Is it a new forme of Mewtwo or an all-new Pokémon?

Scandal In The Firenation Akira Bond's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Akira Bond on Tumblr

It hasn't been revealed yet. I'm hoping it is a new Pokemon, I'd prefer it that way.
    S.S. Shadow Minun likes this.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Akira Bond View Post
    It hasn't been revealed yet. I'm hoping it is a new Pokemon, I'd prefer it that way.
    As I said in the Pokemon Smash thread, if this is a new Pokemon, movie wise it makes no sense. They would put it in the title, not Mewtwo if that were the case, and I doubt we've reached the point in the franchise were uber secrecy leads not to one, but 2 movie title changes.

Blog Entries

I was kind of meh before about New Mew's design. It was kind of weird, but I didn't gave it much thought at the time. I mean, I figured it was fake, and the leaks didn't give that much clear image. But now that I've seen this thing a lot more clearly... I think it's actually kinda of cute, in an alien sort of way. It actually seems to draw traits from both Mew and Metwo closely. It's got Mew's slender body and roundness, but also Mewtwo's deformed state. I can't bring any definite speculating from this, but it does bring points of interest.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

Scandal In The Firenation Akira Bond's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Akira Bond on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Chespin View Post
    As I said in the Pokemon Smash thread, if this is a new Pokemon, movie wise it makes no sense. They would put it in the title, not Mewtwo if that were the case, and I doubt we've reached the point in the franchise were uber secrecy leads not to one, but 2 movie title changes.
    If Mewtwo is the lead Pokemon in the movie, the title will be named after him, no matter what newly introduced Pokemon makes an appearance in it. I agree there's a good chance it is a forme, however, I don't believe anything is ruled out yet. If there's something I've learned recently, it is that Gamefreak can still surprise you.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chespin View Post
    If Mewtwo is the lead Pokemon in the movie, the title will be named after him, no matter what newly introduced Pokemon makes an appearance in it. I agree there's a good chance it is a forme, however, I don't believe anything is ruled out yet. If there's something I've learned recently, it is that Gamefreak can still surprise you.
    Yes, and that is exactly what my point is. Mewtwo is the lead Pokemon in a movie that is likely tied up to gen 6 games. Why would an advertisement shell for a game series put focus on a generation 1 Pokemon and not a generation 6 Pokemon, which is the generation for the next set of games, in the spotlight? Exactly, because the generation 1 Pokemon is getting a generation 6 forme. GF can surprise, but the movie being the main shell for this, its predictability allows common logic to click that this is quite clearly a forme and not a new Pokemon.