Gen VI and the Kanto Leaders

View Poll Results: Do you think the Kanto Gym Leaders should return in Gen VI?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    27 36.99%
  • No

    21 28.77%
  • Don't care really

    25 34.25%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 60
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Gen VI and the Kanto Leaders

  1. #1
    Burning 8s 8ther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Worlds Beyond
    Posts
    666
    Blog Entries
    10

    Default Gen VI and the Kanto Leaders

    Since Gen 1 the Kanto cast has always snuck their way into every generation, with Gen VI now on the horizon do you think the Red, Blue, Lance and the Kanto gym leaders should reappear for the 6th time or has Game freak overused them enough?
    Last edited by 8ther; 6th February 2013 at 12:15 PM.

  2. #2
    zzz YamiiDenryuu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Genderless
    Posts
    1,816
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Gen VI and the Kanto Leaders

    I don't think they need any specific focus, but if Gamefreak feels like doing a World Tournament-type thing again, that's be fine.

  3. #3
    I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    1,286

    Default Re: Gen VI and the Kanto Leaders

    I'd rather see another Professor Oak cameo, but I'd be fine with past gym leaders/elite fours to have cameos

    Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

  4. #4
    真実の英雄 smalllady's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Nuvema Town
    Posts
    1,359
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Gen VI and the Kanto Leaders

    Gen VI needs to stand on its own, with as few cameos as possible. Since the World Tournament wasn't too long ago, we don't need to see them again for a while.
    Owain and Dread Advocate like this.

    Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

  5. #5
    Registered User VriskaSerket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Gender
    Transgender
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    161

    Default Re: Gen VI and the Kanto Leaders

    I'm the type of person that wouldn't mind either way you could say. I think it would be cool to see them again if there were another PWT by the time the Gen VI games take place, whenever that may be.
    UnovaCastaway likes this.

  6. #6
    Nyx
    Nyx is offline
    What does the Vulpix say? Nyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    BMGf
    Posts
    696

    Default Re: Gen VI and the Kanto Leaders

    Nope, I've had enough of them, personally. Same with Cynthia, I hope they don't try to squeeze her into the new games as well.

  7. #7
    En Route to Kalos Narcisse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Vermilion City
    Posts
    192
    Blog Entries
    30

    Default Re: Gen VI and the Kanto Leaders

    I'm in favour of any cameos from previous Gen characters - I think it maintains a sense of continuity throughout the Pokemon world. However, like @sonic10158; I would be content with just a Prof. Oak appearance.

    Oh and I agree with @Mr. Warrior; about Cynthia. Leave her out this time please.

  8. #8
    Registered User FreeXax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    80

    Default Re: Gen VI and the Kanto Leaders

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Warrior View Post
    Nope, I've had enough of them, personally. Same with Cynthia, I hope they don't try to squeeze her into the new games as well.
    If any champion returns, I'd love it to be Stephen. I'm tired of Cynthia, but I want Stephen to be more important. He was my favorite champion.

  9. #9
    Nyx
    Nyx is offline
    What does the Vulpix say? Nyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    BMGf
    Posts
    696

    Default Re: Gen VI and the Kanto Leaders

    Quote Originally Posted by FreeXax View Post
    If any champion returns, I'd love it to be Stephen. I'm tired of Cynthia, but I want Stephen to be more important. He was my favorite champion.
    You mean Steven? Yeah, that would be great! I mean, we had Lance and Blue appear in every generation so far and they've used Cynthia way too much already. Steven has only appeared in Gen. III, so a cameo would be perfect. Plus it could tie in with the RSE remakes that we're probably getting this time.

  10. #10
    Registered User FreeXax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    80

    Default Re: Gen VI and the Kanto Leaders

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Warrior View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeXax View Post
    If any champion returns, I'd love it to be Stephen. I'm tired of Cynthia, but I want Stephen to be more important. He was my favorite champion.
    You mean Steven? Yeah, that would be great! I mean, we had Lance and Blue appear in every generation so far and they've used Cynthia way too much already. Steven has only appeared in Gen. III, so a cameo would be perfect. Plus it could tie in with the RSE remakes that we're probably getting this time.
    Haha. My middle name is spelled Stephen. So I naturally do that. He appeared in in HG/SS but didn't return as a champion. I want him as a champion again! I'd also like to see Blue really return. Not just in the World Tournament.

  11. #11
    Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Genderless
    Posts
    22,003
    Blog Entries
    199
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

    Default Re: Gen VI and the Kanto Leaders

    The most of older gym leaders Id like to see is World Tournament again. Id rather focus be on new characters as much as possible.

  12. #12
    Nyx
    Nyx is offline
    What does the Vulpix say? Nyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    BMGf
    Posts
    696

    Default Re: Gen VI and the Kanto Leaders

    Quote Originally Posted by FreeXax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Warrior View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeXax View Post
    If any champion returns, I'd love it to be Stephen. I'm tired of Cynthia, but I want Stephen to be more important. He was my favorite champion.
    You mean Steven? Yeah, that would be great! I mean, we had Lance and Blue appear in every generation so far and they've used Cynthia way too much already. Steven has only appeared in Gen. III, so a cameo would be perfect. Plus it could tie in with the RSE remakes that we're probably getting this time.
    Haha. My middle name is spelled Stephen. So I naturally do that. He appeared in in HG/SS but didn't return as a champion. I want him as a champion again! I'd also like to see Blue really return. Not just in the World Tournament.
    Right, he was in HGSS (and in the PWT), I had forgotten about that. :D

  13. #13
    Y am I this strong? Mega Uncle Edit Y's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    255
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default Re: Gen VI and the Kanto Leaders

    I ain't the kind of person who obsesses over Gym Leaders, so I don't care too much if they return in future games, though they do provide some nostalgia. Besides, most (if not, all) of the Gym Leaders that we currently know have made reappearances in the games recently, so I don't think that a one-year-later comeback is necessary.

  14. #14
    So you want to be a hero? Stuntology's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Spielburg
    Posts
    863

    Default Re: Gen VI and the Kanto Leaders

    I think it would be way too forced to have them make cameos (well, maybe one or two could get away with it). I'm all for seeing them all in another PWT, though.

    Goblins and Saurus and Cheetaurs, oh my!

  15. #15
    Fossil Expert Sir Turtlelot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Cinnabar Island
    Posts
    180

    Default Re: Gen VI and the Kanto Leaders

    I doubt we'll see too many cameos in XY, but the later Gen. VI games probably will.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •