Gen V & VI

Like Tree9Likes
  • 9 Post By Shiny Celebi

Thread: Gen V & VI

Default Gen V & VI

I had a wild idea the other day and I want to know what other people think about it. Since there are still several Pokemon that can't be caught in Gen V without transferring from Gen IV, and since the domain name "pokemongray.com" is owned by the same company that owned "pokemonblackwhite.com", could Game Freak actually have TWO generations going on at the same time. They could make Gen VI on the 3DS and continue Gen V on the DS. I know this is highly unlikely to happen but I think it could at least make sense since Gen V ended so quickly (and in my opinion pretty abruptly).

And really since the "pattern" was broken with BW2, I say that anything is possible. What do you guys think?

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Default Re: Gen V & VI

Gen 5 is over and Game Freak had moved on. This generation was quick because it's on the DS and the 3DS has been out for a long while now. They needed to move to the 3DS as soon as possible. They aren't going to make any more DS games, Game Freak has moved on now. They arent going to have 2 generations running at the same time and Nintendo would not want them to keep promoting an old system like the DS, they support the 3DS now.
    El_, Abomasnow, Chronos and 6 others like this.

Y am I this strong? Mega Uncle Edit Y's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I highly doubt that. I don't think that we can have two generations at the same time. They are supposed to be different eras, and that would be strange to have both at once. Besides, by October, fans who follow the series will be ready to move on by then.

What the others said. It wouldn't make any sense for them to do so.

Now I'm a little upset because that means I have to buy a 3DS, but... no money. =|

Follow Season On Twitter Add Season on Facebook

No, Generation V is over. We are moving onto a new handheld and Pokemon is evolving which is why they have introduced Generation VI.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I really don't think that they'll keep making games for the DS. It is outdated compared to the 3DS and it would make more sense to put their time, money and resources on developing and marketing 3DS games. Besides that, they've already done enough with the fifth generation with having B/W and then B2/W2, so I don't think that there's a need to add any more main series games to that generation, especially when it would be a waste of time to keep making DS games instead of moving completely onto the 3DS at this point.

I know I wouldn't bother buying another Gen V pokemon game. It'd feel like taking a step back once Gen VI is out and everyone is playing it. I know I'm probably not the only one who feels this way, So I can't really say I'd see such a thing happening.
    An IceFox who prefers fire types? That's... interesting.
    I'm more partial to blues and greens as well~

Follow scarlettpeony on Tumblr

While I'm going to miss Gen V and Unova, more than I ever have previous Generations, I think its over. It's time Pokemon moved onto the 3DS and people got themselve the new handheld. The DS has been out for 8 years and, frankly, I'm surprised they stuck with the DS as long as they have.

+ Black 2: 2581 1942 8822
    Serperior - Magmortar - Lucario - Zororak - Espeon - Vaporeon